• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Do ALL INTPs like Computers, Math and Logic?

Variform

Banned
Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
The problem there is the word "all". Of course I don't think that.

1. It was implied that a job is not desired for a group of people because none of those people have the job.

2. You say this is an unfair assessment because not all people have the job they desire.

Unless I'm missing something, your comments are inapplicable because all is not the only alternative to none.

Nah. You are confused by your own logic. I am not a solicitor. Phrasing is important but this is a forum. I think my post is understandable. I think most people do not have the job best suited to them. That causes stress in society, higher suicide rates. That sort of thing.
My posts never are one on one anyway. I take what someone says and don't make of myself a linear machine that spits out a pure follow up. I take what someone writes and add my perspective and sometimes that means going sideways. Widen it up.

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
Yesterday 9:11 PM
-->
You are confused by your own logic.

How?

Phrasing is important but this is a forum.

And...?

My posts never are one on one anyway. I take what someone says and don't make of myself a linear machine that spits out a pure follow up. I take what someone writes and add my perspective and sometimes that means going sideways.

You quoted Architect and directly accused him of logical fallacy. I assume the sentence that followed was an elaboration to support that accusation. But it was a "sideways" comment? If so, could you elaborate on the first comment now?

Spocksleftball

not right
Local time
Yesterday 8:11 PM
-->
The op is dead. Computers are an intellectual crutch, let's move on. I, btw, am fashion. I wear white crew socks, button down plaid shirts and khakis...the highest of fashion templates.:smoker:

:elephant:

oiler

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:11 AM
-->
I suck at match but great at figuring out like physics shit cause the formulas were there and I can visualize the rest of it to kinda like double check it and I thought that was really cool. But fuck math

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Variform

Banned
Local time
-->
How?

And...?

You quoted Architect and directly accused him of logical fallacy. I assume the sentence that followed was an elaboration to support that accusation. But it was a "sideways" comment? If so, could you elaborate on the first comment now?

Sorry I am not playing word games with you.

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
-->
Sorry I am not playing word games with you.

Playing word games is exactly what you have been doing, and I'm appealing for you to stop. "Logical fallacy", which one? "Lots of semantics", where? "You are confused", about what? "I am not a solicitor", what does this mean? "This is a forum", implying what? You have posted a lot of meandering rhetoric and avoided giving any elucidation when asked. Enough. State what you mean.

Variform

Banned
Local time
-->
Playing word games is exactly what you have been doing, and I'm appealing for you to stop. "Logical fallacy", which one? "Lots of semantics", where? "You are confused", about what? "I am not a solicitor", what does this mean? "This is a forum", implying what? You have posted a lot of meandering rhetoric and avoided giving any elucidation when asked. Enough. State what you mean.

Or maybe it is your robotic inability to comprehend meaning and intent. Didn't I give a clear statement about my view just two posts ago?

My rhetoric triggers you huh? :evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
-->
Or maybe it is your robotic inability to comprehend meaning and intent.

If you would like to single me out as having poor comprehension, name at least one other reader who doesn't share my assessment of equivocation in your posts. Otherwise, pointing out the fact that people are unable to comprehend you amounts to nothing more than the futile exercise of patting yourself on the back for the dubious feat of knowing your own thoughts. Why don't you answer the questions instead?

Didn't I give a clear statement about my view just two posts ago?

No.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/which

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
-->
Post 148 is part of the same discussion chain that brought us here. It was directly responded to twice. Rolling it back there would serve no purpose. Why don't you answer the questions / concerns that you completely ignored in posts 153, 127, 132, and 157?

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 6:11 PM
-->
This is like when Leonidas threw the spear at Xerxes.

xerxes.jpg

Local time
Yesterday 7:11 PM
-->
Computers, eh. I like using the internet if that counts?

Math and logic (basically the same thing) are paramount to my life. I don't know what I'd do without it. Of course I love it most when its applied to the physical world, which isn't too strange since I'm studying to be an applied physicist.:phear:

I do find it interesting though what Architect said about liking humanities in teenage years. I find that to have been my experience.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
-->
If you can figure out the structure there is no limit at your interests.

Social sciences would be cool if you could tinker relations into well working formulas/equations. The science called geography may be the closest in that area as it seems to locate between sciences and social sciences.

While ENFPs such as Naomi Klein are certainly interesting I tend to facepalm at broadly sweeping Fi. Their structure tends to lack.

I don't like statistical approach when you can not show relations systematically.

Absinthesize

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 5:11 PM
-->
I dont like math

Now this could be due to the teaching nature of my highschool teachers, I do not know.

I can do math well, at least addition and subtraction.

I can do backwards thinking for math, even if i dont know the equation i can get some number near the answer trying to just break it down...tho i dont get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

I also hated that I couldn't ask why...if that makes sense.

Now i devoured any information on dinosaurs, fish, reptiles, romans, greeks, etc...at 4th grade i read the original 1000 leagues under the sea and loved it.

I like computers, even considered programming, but the 9-5 business job idea curdles my brain. The idea of being outdoors taking nature samples tho...dream job.

I identify and seem to share a lot of strong traits of INTP's...except the math thing.

That said i took a physics class without taking the pre-requisite math classes and got a B+...math with context I understand, math for maths sake annoys me.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 3:11 AM
-->
I dont like math

Now this could be due to the teaching nature of my highschool teachers, I do not know.

I can do math well, at least addition and subtraction.

I can do backwards thinking for math, even if i dont know the equation i can get some number near the answer trying to just break it down...tho i dont get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

I also hated that I couldn't ask why...if that makes sense.

Now i devoured any information on dinosaurs, fish, reptiles, romans, greeks, etc...at 4th grade i read the original 1000 leagues under the sea and loved it.

I like computers, even considered programming, but the 9-5 business job idea curdles my brain. The idea of being outdoors taking nature samples tho...dream job.

I identify and seem to share a lot of strong traits of INTP's...except the math thing.

That said i took a physics class without taking the pre-requisite math classes and got a B+...math with context I understand, math for maths sake annoys me.
Not that I learned math from anywhere but school,but the way school teach you something and way you teach yourself is entirely different,school teach in a thinkless way suited for testing,while math outside of school probably involves a lot of thinking and creativity.
They are even capable to make programming non a lot of thinking involved!guide you to very limited ways of solution in a test question,while in true programming you find problems and have huge number of ways to solve every problem.
School,a place where learning loving person can think he hate studying.

Absinthesize

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 5:11 PM
-->
Not that I learned math from anywhere but school,but the way school teach you something and way you teach yourself is entirely different,school teach in a thinkless way suited for testing,while math outside of school probably involves a lot of thinking and creativity.
They are even capable to make programming non a lot of thinking involved!guide you to very limited ways of solution in a test question,while in true programming you find problems and have huge number of ways to solve every problem.
School,a place where learning loving person can think he hate studying.

Yeah, I've slowly learned over time that learning with context i enjoy, learning without context i find meaningless. To a extent at least.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
-->
Yes. Logic at least. Mathematics and lesser extent computers.

Natural sciences vs mathematics.
Natural sciences requires more extroverted attitude than mathematics which is just self derivable entity on its own if you are good enough.

Because of my extraverted attitude sciences come more easily than mathematics. According to purist mathematicians physicist just apply sloppy approximate mathematical formulation where it is needed but they can be quite incapable at applying mathematics in physical science way. :p

I think for science Te way of logical processing is bit more valued than Ti.

Top Bottom