• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Pleased to make your aquaintance

SlipperyQ

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:40 AM
-->
Hello fellow internet surfers, forum posters, lurkers, scholars or any other classification that could apply to the individual viewing this thread.
You may have made the valid assumption that I possess the INTP personality type, based on my choice of location for this thread.
INTP is one of 16 possible results one can receive when upon completion of the famous Myers Briggs assessment. My expected result was crippling autism, so I am somewhat pleased at the results.

To further complete my acquisition of self knowledge I have chosen to come to this forum to better understand my personality type.

After all, in order to make proper and wise decisions in life, one must possess an accurate, precise, or even prodigious understanding of reality. If one is to properly understand reality, one must understand the mechanism through which reality is perceived and judged. Therefore, we must understand ourselves, meaning the psyche, the filter through which sensory data both internal and external is fully interpreted.

This, I believe, is the core of the INTP philosophy.
In my experience, many of the characteristics of INTPs are ascribed to my person. I'm described (in person) as being passive and laid back in my demeanor or "vibe". I'm regularly criticized for lack of passion, drive, motivation, etc. I'm often accused of being "overwhelmed by technicalities" when I am slow to make a decision.
Can anyone here relate?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:40 PM
-->
How do you go about utilizing your Introverted Thinking?

SlipperyQ

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:40 AM
-->
How do you go about utilizing your Introverted Thinking?
My Introverted Thinking is constantly finding use throughout life. Predominantly, this means studying, reading books, and writing which is situational considering I am a college student, but it doesn't mean I don't do those things in a recreational manner.

I would like to mention the discipline of music, but that art form demands use of all four of the INTP functions. Introverted Thinking is utilized in that subject when understanding patterns of notes, scales, arpeggios, rhythmic time tables, all the conceptual knowledge of the underlying principles of music.

In accordance to the typical nature of the INTP, most of my time is occupied with Introverted Thinking throughout the day in every experience. Every other function works on a more subconscious level.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:40 AM
-->
Ah, understanding reality is a never-ending task because reality is ever changing. Welcome.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Yesterday 11:40 PM
-->
Pleased that someone is pleased to make my acquaintance.

Top Bottom