• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Shorter Typology

Kimani

Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
Hello my name is Kimani Shorter and I have developed a theory of personality based on Jung's theory of archetypes. I worked with a child psychiatrist on many of the questions of the assessment portion of the theory, and he also pushed me to add more archetypes to my theory.

This is an explanation of my theory.

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/id1.html

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 5:04 PM
-->
3 options, that is shorter lol

i remember when i dreamt the other night i was told about the 3 type one but i only got told one of the types so i didnt know the other 2 till now, cool lol

no i read this before when u posted it on another forum but i forgot about it tho

Kimani

Local time
-->
Yeah I have posted about my work before on here. Glad you've taken an interest in it. Hope you get something out of it.

Kimani

Local time
-->
I have to submit a proposal to DCPS for my work. I'm trying to get DC Public Schools' peer review board to approve of it as a formality. The person I spoke with at a university says it needs to be IRB approved or something similar to an IRB and since I already work in DC Public Schools I figured I would just submit a proposal to them.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
Where is test? I want to take test. See test, take test is how I work.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I took test.

Results:
A = 54
B = 34
C = 39

What does this mean about me? IDK because I accidentally clicked the link at bottom of test and lost all info :(

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 11:04 PM
-->
Why does your website redirect me to a 'fake' flash player download website when I touch/click the screen?

Kimani

Local time
-->
It shouldn't. I just clicked on the link and it didn't do that for me. Or maybe that's one of the advertisements on the site. Still though I don't think it should be doing that.

Here try this one

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
It shouldn't. I just clicked on the link and it didn't do that for me. Or maybe that's one of the advertisements on the site. Still though I don't think it should be doing that.

Here try this one

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/

I still don't have my results and I don't want to take the test again :(

Kimani

Local time
-->
I see what you are talking about grayman. I think it's just one of the adds on the site. You just have to click out of it. The actual site should still be there but in another page on the browser. Just click out of the add page.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
How do I know if I am the wise old man, the Hero or the magician? I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and don't see that as an option for your archetypes. I have scored highest on category A so I believe I am a designer, but don't know which archetype I am therein. A little help would be nice..

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Designer 50
Professional 64
Charmer 17

Kimani

Local time
-->
Well then it doesn't apply to you. If you scored highest on the Designer but you aren't bipolar or have Asperger's that just means that it's the one you are most similar to. This doesn't apply to everyone.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
1) Designer 57
2) Professional 25
3) Charmer 54

Not worth the effort is my honest opinion. Not really insightful, especially not in comparison to pre existing models.

For 'disorder' related back: I can act like I have Aspergers and I can act 'bipolar' sometime's - but I think I'm disorder free.

I'd like to see what those with the actual disorders make of this test.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
1) Designer 57
2) Professional 25
3) Charmer 54

Not worth the effort is my honest opinion, not really insightful, especially not in comparison to pre existing models.

Are there models that make comparison to types and mental disorders?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Yea I'm sure I've seen a few.

But my comments were meant in broader context.
All that clicking and counting for what in return? Not much.

Seems like the archetypes themselves are hit and miss, let alone the disorders.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Mine make's me out to be the extrovert.

You come across much more extroverted than most of the members here IMO, Sinny. A lot of people think I am an extrovert based on how I post as well.. not sure what to make of it, honestly.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I have a mental illness and I'm not even covered in the test. Neither is Schizophrenia.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
You come across much more extroverted than most of the members here IMO, Sinny. A lot of people think I am an extrovert based on how I post as well.. not sure what to make of it, honestly.

Make nothing of it, discard it. :D

Personally, I don't know how web posts can be attributed to extroversion. Is just words on a screen. Like words on paper but not.

I feel like most others (on the forum) are content with being boring.

Anyway, that's sort of brain fart and not really a fine explanation of what I really mean - intuit.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
ADD/ADHD is also not covered. Why?

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
What are you, a feeler? :confused:

2A) I like letting my wife lead and others but I have no problem leading if no one will step up or people are not comfortable leading.

2B) I always work to accomidate other peoples needs.

2C) I like being a provider of the family and since I was child I have always wanted to be a good father and husband. I want my family to feel safe and not wanting. I don't like doing this for people outside of this.

2D) I never say no when someone needs help will go to amazing lengths to make myself availble for them. I also become extremely appreciative of their help and buy them things or take them to coffee etc..

2E) I not only accept others ideas but encourage them and hope that people come up with their own way of doing things and enjoy learning from their creativity.

2F) I don't like speaking up or bringing attention to myself, but I will most certaintly do it if I feel something is wrong.

2G) Anyone who depends on me, work and at home, knows they can really count on me and often more so than others. I will do tasks others will not. Go to work when it is my day off or even in the middle of the night because I don't want to leave a co-worker alone to deal with whatever they are dealing with alone.

2H) I actually trust people to a very large extent. I'll even defend people against great numbers believing that they are worth the defense even if I barely know them.

2M) I work really hard at showing people and even animals affection, outside this forum anyways. I like to brush my wifes hair and rub her feet when we are sitting together. I sit with her in the morning while she is sleeping. I like to exert male affection with other men and will put my hand on a guys shoulder and smile, or pat him no the back while laughing. Or open the door for a person and smile and nod. I like to call people at stores by their name and take interest in their day at work, when they get off, or if it is busy I comment on that. Older people are often lonely so I go out of my way to talk to them also. For some reason I am often drawn to the older folk and playing with kids but kids are alot of fun. (While affection for family, the elderly, animals, and children comes naturally to me affection toward people of my own age seems more difficutlt for some reason)

2O) Being in a committed relationship is really important to me. It is part of the role of being a father and husband.

2P) I don't see a point of a love where you don't love a person unconditionally.

2Q) It is important to me to share love and affection. The thing is that I am not necessarily good at it but that isn't the question.

The questions in regard to me needing affection and attention are (0). I am okay by myself but I do enjoy affection from the people around me when they choose to give it and do so without feeling pressured.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

There are a lot of mental disorders. Why should he/she include them all? I think the more pertinent question is if the diseases are really related to the assigned personalities and in turn the questions in relation to those personalities.

For example: Why is depression only related to the designer?
Why is the professional related to 'Dependency' when many questions can give high numbers even from a strongly independent person?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
There are a lot of mental disorders. Why should he/she include them all? I think the more pertinent question is if the diseases are really related to the assigned personalities and in turn the questions in relation to those personalities.

For example: Why is depression only related to the designer?
Why is the professional related to 'Dependency' when many questions can give high numbers even from a strongly independent person?

It matters because its such a limited scope, Greyman.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
For those interested:

I scored highest on the second one. The first and third were roughly equal, but the third was the most difficult to answer and so subject to high variance.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
2A) I like letting my wife lead and others but I have no problem leading if no one will step up or people are not comfortable leading.

2B) I always work to accomidate other peoples needs.

2C) I like being a provider of the family and since I was child I have always wanted to be a good father and husband. I want my family to feel safe and not wanting. I don't like doing this for people outside of this.

2D) I never say no when someone needs help will go to amazing lengths to make myself availble for them. I also become extremely appreciative of their help and buy them things or take them to coffee etc..

2E) I not only accept others ideas but encourage them and hope that people come up with their own way of doing things and enjoy learning from their creativity.

2F) I don't like speaking up or bringing attention to myself, but I will most certaintly do it if I feel something is wrong.

2G) Anyone who depends on me, work and at home, knows they can really count on me and often more so than others. I will do tasks others will not. Go to work when it is my day off or even in the middle of the night because I don't want to leave a co-worker alone to deal with whatever they are dealing with alone.

2H) I actually trust people to a very large extent. I'll even defend people against great numbers believing that they are worth the defense even if I barely know them.

2M) I work really hard at showing people and even animals affection, outside this forum anyways. I like to brush my wifes hair and rub her feet when we are sitting together. I sit with her in the morning while she is sleeping. I like to exert male affection with other men and will put my hand on a guys shoulder and smile, or pat him no the back while laughing. Or open the door for a person and smile and nod. I like to call people at stores by their name and take interest in their day at work, when they get off, or if it is busy I comment on that. Older people are often lonely so I go out of my way to talk to them also. For some reason I am often drawn to the older folk and playing with kids but kids are alot of fun. (While affection for family, the elderly, animals, and children comes naturally to me affection toward people of my own age seems more difficutlt for some reason)

2O) Being in a committed relationship is really important to me. It is part of the role of being a father and husband.

2P) I don't see a point of a love where you don't love a person unconditionally.

2Q) It is important to me to share love and affection. The thing is that I am not necessarily good at it but that isn't the question.

The questions in regard to me needing affection and attention are (0). I am okay by myself but I do enjoy affection from the people around me when they choose to give it and do so without feeling pressured.

What are you? A Sensor? :confused:

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I have a mental illness and I'm not even covered in the test. Neither is Schizophrenia.

I think you said you're schizoaffective - is that bipolar subtype?

My guess would be that schizophrenia would be associated with "The Designer" (The Magician) and that's also where bipolar falls.

I'm supposedly schizoaffective too, though I don't necessarily agree with the diagnosis... it does seem to fit, though.

ADHD is known to correlate with Aspergers and Bipolar. (although, I am aware that a correlation of a correlation isn't necessarily a correlation)

It says on wikipedia that aspergers, bipolar, depression, ADHD and schizophrenia all tend to appear together within the same family tree, or something like that.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I think you said you're schizoaffective - is that bipolar subtype?

My guess would be that schizophrenia would be associated with "The Designer" (The Magician) and that's also where bipolar falls.

I'm supposedly schizoaffective too, though I don't necessarily agree with the diagnosis... it does seem to fit, though.

Its a matter of debate whether i am Schizoaffective or Schizoaffective Bipolar type.
I've come across a disproportional number of Schizoaffectives online (Us Schizoaffectives love us some online community). I can tell you I am one of the few with the disorder who acknowledges that I have a mental illness and realizes I need help dealing with it. Its not wonder I have much fewer symptoms on average than others with the disorder.

If your interpretation of the test was backed by the creator of the test I could totally understand, but the creator said the test does not apply to me :(.

ADHD is known to correlate with Aspergers and Bipolar. (although, I am aware that a correlation of a correlation isn't necessarily a correlation)

It says on wikipedia that aspergers, bipolar, depression, ADHD and schizophrenia all tend to appear together within the same family tree, or something like that.

I have ADD and I have Schizoaffective disorder - none are covered in this test. The author of the test even said that it doesn't apply to me, so I am wondering about the validity of the test and what it is trying to accomplish.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Its a matter of debate whether i am Schizoaffective or Schizoaffective Bipolar type.
I've come across a disproportional number of Schizoaffectives online (Us Schizoaffectives love us some online community). I can tell you I am one of the few with the disorder who acknowledges that I have a mental illness and realizes I need help dealing with it. Its not wonder I have much fewer symptoms on average than others with the disorder.

If your interpretation of the test was backed by the creator of the test I could totally understand, but the creator said the test does not apply to me :(.

I have ADD and I have Schizoaffective disorder - none are covered in this test. The author of the test even said that it doesn't apply to me, so I am wondering about the validity of the test and what it is trying to accomplish.

Well, we of the typology community have a tendency to make speculative claims about personality systems that the creators of the systems would probably disagree with. :P

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Well, we of the typology community have a tendency to make speculative claims about personality systems that the creators of the systems would probably disagree with. :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices.. LOL

Kimani

Local time
-->
I'm not familiar with schizoaffective bipolar type. I guess it would apply to you if you have that.

Some of the archetype blends don't match up with any disorders so there are going to be some disorders not used such as ADD.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I'm not familiar with schizoaffective bipolar type. I guess it would apply to you if you have that.

Some of the archetype blends don't match up with any disorders so there are going to be some disorders not used such as ADD.

What other disorders might be identified with the second (Professional) type?

I had heard of DPD, but I didn't know Co-dependency was even recognised as a disorder. Would things like AvPD/Social Anxiety come under this heading?

(I ask since I scored highest as The Professional, and my most prominent disorder is Social Anxiety, and there seemed to be a theme of relations with others in that type, a bit "feeler"-ish)

Kimani

Local time
-->
Avoidant has some similarities but ultimately it's more about about having low self esteem and being a loner. It doesn't quite entirely match up with the archetype blends.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Thanks for this info. Here is some of my own in the link.

Jung very well did recognise Schizophrenia as a diagnosis so I am interested to see where you think that would fall in the dichotomy that you use from Jung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Avoidant has some similarities but ultimately it's more about about having low self esteem and being a loner. It doesn't quite entirely match up with the archetype blends.

Yeah, sounds about right actually.

Thanks for this info. Here is some of my own in the link.

Jung very well did recognise Schizophrenia as a diagnosis so I am interested to see where you think that would fall in the dichotomy that you use from Jung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

I think Jung had schizophrenia himself, didn't he?

It's frequently said that he had a lottt of psychosis, and that's where a lot of his ideas came from.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
-->
I got the most for Professional, then Designer, then Charmer. I answered weirdly and I broke the test over a few days, so my answers were probably a fair bit skewed.

Honestly, the types could be written a lot better. "The Professional" sounds work oriented and tough, but the actual type is a supportive, sensitive person. And "The Charmer" seems much more rebellious than "charming" in the test. "The Charmer" and "The Professional" could actually be switched.

The list format for type descriptions doesn't work for me. Instead try paragraphs of description like most tests do. It's harder to digest a long list of possible careers and mental disorders.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:04 AM
-->
Designer>Charmer>Professional

Quite high scores on all three. Many of your test items are easy to agree with.

You haven't managed to convey the purpose of this test thus far. I'm not saying it's bad but i think it could use a stronger punch line.

Kimani

Local time
-->
Designer>Charmer>Professional

Quite high scores on all three. Many of your test items are easy to agree with.

You haven't managed to convey the purpose of this test thus far. I'm not saying it's bad but i think it could use a stronger punch line.

Well in my proposal I'm saying the purpose is to identify personality disorders. Someone on another forum asked me if it applied to everyone or was just to identify personality disorders and I realized that was the way it would probably be used in universities.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Schizoaffective would definitely be the Designer

I linked your test to someone I know who has Autism. They are very high functioning. They scored highest on Professional.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
I linked your test to someone I know who has Autism. They are very high functioning. They scored highest on Professional.

They are probably misdiagnosed, often its ADHD, which is why they are high functioning.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
They are probably misdiagnosed, often its ADHD, which is why they are high functioning.

No I am pretty sure they are not self diagnosed.. But I can tell for sure, in fact I think I will.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Hey Kimani, is your model basically...

1 = ego, 2 = super-ego, 3 = id?

50 points for anyway who puts out the model I'm about to put out before I do. Hint: I didn't actually bring Freud into it.

Kimani

Local time
-->
Hey Kimani, is your model basically...

1 = ego, 2 = super-ego, 3 = id?

50 points for anyway who puts out the model I'm about to put out before I do. Hint: I didn't actually bring Freud into it.

Well section 3 the charmer is definitely the Id. That had occurred to me before. I'm not sure about the other 2 being accurate.

Kimani

Local time
-->
Section 2 The professional definitely has some characteristics of the super ego.

Top Bottom