• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

War and Peace

Why?

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:59 PM
-->
Has anybody else read War and Peace?
If you have, do you know any other good, long books like that to read?

Emerald

ScatterBrain
Local time
Yesterday 9:59 PM
-->
I got excited when I saw the title! I'm Slavic and War and Peace is next on my list of books to read. I just have to finish Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.
If you enjoyed War and Peace, look for other 'difficult' books that are required readings in Russian schools. Dead Souls by Gogol, books by Dostoevsky (I read Idiot, it kind of broke my heart in some places. Great book for considering the psychological implications of how someone grew up, there's a certain female character that especially captivated me).
Read Dumas, I loved his books. I'm not talking about the better known Three Musketeers, but the other books about French royalty, don't remember the titles.

Sorry if this didn't help. I just had to reply to a thread with a title like that.

Why?

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yeah, thanks for the suggestions.

Why?

Redshirt
Local time
-->
For those who have read war and peace, which section was your favorite? Which group of people did you like the best?

Local time
Today 4:59 AM
-->
I got excited when I saw the title! I'm Slavic and War and Peace is next on my list of books to read. I just have to finish Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.
If you enjoyed War and Peace, look for other 'difficult' books that are required readings in Russian schools. Dead Souls by Gogol, books by Dostoevsky (I read Idiot, it kind of broke my heart in some places. Great book for considering the psychological implications of how someone grew up, there's a certain female character that especially captivated me).
Read Dumas, I loved his books. I'm not talking about the better known Three Musketeers, but the other books about French royalty, don't remember the titles.

Sorry if this didn't help. I just had to reply to a thread with a title like that.

if ure going to read dumas, you should absolutely read the count of monte cristo first

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, I should have finished TLoTR a week ago, but I stopped reading with a 150 pages to go, because I don't want it to end :(

On my copy of War & Peace it says:

'Love and battle, terror and desire, life and death. It's a book that you don't just read, you live '

But.. I'm debating whether to go there or not, the last thing I want is disappointment for Christmas.

Is it any good?

IeDvoh5.jpg

Why?

Redshirt
Local time
-->
It's good, but it does have its ups and downs.

Username909

Redshirt
Local time
-->
War and Peace is next on my list of books to read. I just have to finish Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.

(not exactly) Coincidentally, this is my reading situation at the moment.

OP - If you're looking for challenging reads, Friedrich Nietzsche delivers. Non-fiction though, if you're in to that sort of thing...

Top Bottom