• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Whoops I missed the intro forum

BronzeBlue

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:44 PM
-->
Hello! I've been on personality forums before and continuously drift away from and back to MBTI and other theories. I'm mostly here for research. Don't know how long I'll stay or how often I'll use my account.

I generally kind of suck at intros, so if you want to talk or have any questions, let me know.

See you around :)

Added later:

I haven't outright stated my type here because I've just come from and left a forum that left a bad impression on me. I don't want to repeat the same situation, so I'm being cautious.

I've typed as F-type so far, but because of continuous suggestions, am now considering IXTP. Currently trying to find information on Si so I can at least confirm or cut away some options. If you have any good sources or other kinds of information/anecdotes as examples, that would be really helpful.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:44 PM
-->
What are your thoughts about the color of bronze patinas?
traditional-decorative-objects-and-figurines.jpg

BronzeBlue

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:44 PM
-->
What are your thoughts about the color of bronze patinas?
traditional-decorative-objects-and-figurines.jpg

I can honestly say I'd never heard of them before now. So I googled it. On that note, I'm surprised because I've taken art all through high school and was never, ever told about patinas. Seems a bit weird to leave out. But anyway.

I'm not sure I like the colour. Or rather, the patterns it makes on the surface. I remember walking past all these (possibly bronze) sculptures/statues in my home city, growing up. Seeing the patina on them reminded me a bit of mould - or maybe not mould but those fungi you see growing along tree bark. Unevenness makes my skin crawl. Wall tapestry that's visibly rough does the same thing if I stare at it for it too long and start thinking about it. Is that trypophobia?

Hmm. It might actually have more to do with that to me it looks like white noise put over a real life image. I have pretty bad eyesight, so I really have to squint. Makes my vision go blurry. I find it trippy that you can touch the surface and it feels so smooth compared to how it looks.

The colour itself is actually kind of neat. I like blues and teals, so the patina in that picture in particular is quite nice. I used to think they were dirty before I found out about corrosion. And now, I learned patinas are actually applied on purpose. Go figure.

Mostly I don't really have an opinion on patinas, I think. It just is what it is.

Top Bottom