• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How to Become INTP

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
Yesterday 10:51 PM
-->
At the height of NF fashion, I'm something of an actor. If one were interested in 'becoming' INTP in, say, the way Heath Ledger became the Joker by locking himself in a hotel room for months or Christian Bale became the guy in 'The Machinist' by starving himself or Jared Leto became Mark David Chapman partly by gaining 100+ pounds...how might a fairly sociable male INFJ go about it?

I noticed these actors all focused on transforming their bodies as a way to elicit a tantamount effect upon the psyche. With this in mind, does anyone have suggestions? I need to lose myself in the mind of an unhealthy INTP male as much as possible.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:51 PM
-->
Become nocturnal, drink excessively, spend lots of time either reading or at a computer, try to spend more time actively thinking rather than absorbing media, daydream whenever possible.

There's nothing physical about being an INTP.

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
-->
There's nothing physical about being an INTP.

I disagree.

Isolation? Disembodiment? Lack of exercise? Ignoring physical needs like eating? Fashion sense? Hygiene? Posture? Mannerisms?

I need to know.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:51 PM
-->
I disagree.

Isolation? Disembodiment? Lack of exercise? Ignoring physical needs like eating? Fashion sense? Hygiene? Posture? Mannerisms?

I need to know.

Well if you're trying to do method acting hmm... I don't want to give you any advice that may permanently harm you. Anyways:

1. Have a spartan or minimalist room. A typical INTP wouldn't care much about luxury.
2. Hygiene: hmmm... I think INTP's will only deal with the essentials such as soap and shampoo.
3. Lack of exercise: although it is a stereotypical trait for nerds I think you're better off exercising since it seems to help me think better.
4. Fashion sense: like hygiene only the basics. The less expensive and less flashy, the better.
5. Thinking: Ah the typical trait of INTP's. I think it can be mimicked by reading a lot of books/ articles and ruminating about said books and articles. You could also get a game or hobby if you want and ruminate on those instead.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
A tendency to think MBTI is the be-all end-all answer to behavioural psychology.

Honestly the INTP type just means someone is more introverted than extroverted, more inclined to use their memories than their senses to understand a situation, more rational than emotional and more willing to change their mind to accept new information than to be set in their ways.

That's it! There's no deeper meaning, MBTI typology is pop-psychology invented to assist women in finding their place in post WW2 workplaces and if you tried to bring it up in a modern business environment you'd get laughed out of the room.

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
-->
A tendency to think MBTI is the be-all end-all answer to behavioural psychology.

Honestly the INTP type just means someone is more introverted than extroverted, more inclined to use their memories than their senses to understand a situation, more rational than emotional and more willing to change their mind to accept new information than to be set in their ways.

That's it! There's no deeper meaning, MBTI typology is pop-psychology invented to assist women in finding their place in post WW2 workplaces and if you tried to bring it up in a modern business environment you'd get laughed out of the room.

True to your tagline, I see!

Not so, not so. I'm very interested in the character as an individual, fine-tuned by idiosyncrasy in its universal and natural forms. I just need to get the rough edges defined properly, which the Myers-Briggs types help me do. It's like sculpting a sculpture: starting from the general, moving to the specific.

Just as commentary, it is freaky how much I can lose myself in other people. Just being here is accentuating Ti, little by little helping me see the world as you people see it.

Ah, to be NF...

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
We get a lot of people who treat MBTI like some sort of religion and I make an effort to dissuade them from staying, check out INTPcentral if you want to know why.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 3:51 PM
-->
It's easy I've done it for years and nobody knew (Some people IRL still don't know). Then I did INTJ for a few months. I was ISFP for a while. (note not all the time just in particular locations)

ENXP in brief occasions I can do but I can't sustain any E type unless I'm online.

INTP should be the easiest "stereotype" for you to act as. (I say stereotype as I pretty much agree with Cog just less condescending :P) Just follow what Pyro Pyro says and you are allowed to exercise.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
and if you tried to bring it up in a modern business environment you'd get laughed out of the room.

Says a lot about the modern business environment.

MBTI in it's original form is very superficial. The ideas come from Carl Jung's analytical psychology and individuation theories. Modern psychology is more based from Freud's and behavior psychology, which uses experimental emprical data to explain or test human behavior. Anything that requires induction can be critiqued, expanded and eventually thrown out by new theories.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:51 PM
-->
It's easy I've done it for years and nobody knew (Some people IRL still don't know). Then I did INTJ for a few months. I was ISFP for a while. (note not all the time just in particular locations)

ENXP in brief occasions I can do but I can't sustain any E type unless I'm online.

Gopher you're beyond MBTI typing. By the powers given to me by Jung, I declare thee the "fluffeh" type. :D

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
-->
We get a lot of people who treat MBTI like some sort of religion and I make an effort to dissuade them from staying, check out INTPcentral if you want to know why.

What a tolerant, open-minded community this is.

This place is like the Switzerland of the typology forums. Certainly a nice place to vacation...and I would imagine to inhabit.

Keep those filthy immigrants out lest they despoil it!

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
Today 12:51 AM
-->
If you think you know or understand something, question it until you realize that you were wrong. Repeat.

Don't trust anyone or anything, not even yourself. With any luck you'll naturally begin to hide your emotions. You will want to eliminate all expression (there is no end to this, it's never enough). Even though you assume everyone can read you like a book, for the most part no one has the slightest idea what you're feeling and you creep people the fuck out. You scare the shit out of some people, who instantly and instinctively feel the need to get the hell out of dodge.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
-->
Why not become an INTJ? ^_^

original.jpg

I need to lose myself in the mind of an unhealthy INTP male as much as possible.

Duxwing is your prime candidate. :)

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Actually yeah you should spend some time with Duxwing. You could probably both benefit.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 8:51 AM
-->
To be an INTP is to forever be stuck in the narrators mind. You are the voice, you control the thinking and the direction of your thoughts, you let it wander and you observe patters, you work more efficiently than any machine ever built. You are 'forever-correcting', observing, making something efficient, doing the action again and improving on last times improvement...you get where I'm going with this?

So yeah, being so amazing at things and stuff, cause we just about know how to do everything and we have particular knowledge and depth in topics more then I like to admit, but I swear to god I'm going to turn into Wikipedia or something cause of the amount of information I can regurgitate.

This in turn turns into just that, we're imaginatively wild, we left our mind go in whichever direction it fly’s and boy we do go places.

We tend to live a very lazy lifestyle since we know we can 'one-up' whoever might question any particular part of life.
"To know is everything, to do is a lower order necessity, if it is necessary at all. This breeds the potential for lazy aloofness. The INTP is often satisfied simply by knowing that he could do something if he wished."
And what I like the most about us,
“ If someone attempts to make a sarcastic, mocking comment about an interest of an INTP, the latter will defend himself with a pure, almost naive seriousness, explaining his position with a severe exactness, wielding his words like swords. “

Remember, emotions are foreign to us, and unless you’re direct and forward with us, we’ll play snakey games all night long.

Local time
Today 6:51 AM
-->
learn to see the analogous nature of all things

resign yourself to the inevitable frustration caused by seeing imperfection in all things

become inscrutable

accept yourself as your own personal messiah

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:51 AM
-->

Meh. That forum is defunct because the owner didn't maintain the site well, so they lost patience, literally all left, and created a new site, rebooting.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Subwayrider, I assume you are trying to act or write an INTP character. I do things like this all the time in role-playing games, and whatever you think about Keirsey, Please Understand Me II has a lot of great descriptions for use in acting.

The lack of exercise comment is silly. Some INTPs are out of shape, sure, but I know a few who really work hard on nutrition and exercise. It is also silly to say that we don't socialize or whatever stereotype. INTP doesn't determine your behavior at all, just the things that drive/motivate you.

I've never tried to be an INTP from an outside point of view, so that is an interesting question. Here are some thoughts, but keep in mind that I may get things wrong because I just am INTP, I don't work at it.

Physically, we value control. We aren't all good at it, though some are. We control our facial expressions and body language and tone of voice, in order to communicate exactly what we want. And what we want to communicate is our intelligence, not our emotions. We have just as many emotions as any other type, and sometimes they get overwhelming, but we tend to show them only when it suits us, or we really trust someone. This leads a lot of people to think we are out of touch with our feelings, when in fact we just don't let others touch them.

Physical self-control can certainly take the form of exercise, though team sports are probably less common than individual sports like swimming or weight-lifting. I think the need for control harms gracefulness. We are never artless in moving, or completely relaxed. So we might move carefully and even smoothly through a room filled with obstacles, but it will be conscious, not unconscious.

Socially, we are well-known for needing time alone, which is true. But a lot of us genuinely like company, have lots of friends, and socialize when possible. What we don't do is open up. We keep our deepest hopes and fears from others, with only a very few exceptions. But we are often very good at sounding like we are opening up. We know what other people think of as making a deep personal connection, and many of us can simulate it perfectly.

I haven't met an INTP yet who doesn't have a serious case of impostor syndrome. (Anyone here who doesn't, my hat is off to you.) We tend to fear that someone will expose us for the frauds that we feel we are, or show everyone that we are really second-rate and someone else is smarter. Some INTPs, especially when younger, turn into know-it-alls or act defensive a lot, because of this fear. It can be annoying. Older INTPs seem to realize, eventually, that impostor syndrome is just a thing in our heads, and not real, and learn to ignore it.

I agree with what Nick said, about being a narrator, and most of the rest. Yes, we can be lazy, or we can be unable to sit still because there is so much to do. When I look lazy, it is usually fear of failure that is paralyzing me, and the distractions are an attempt to shut it out for a while.

Precision of words is very common to INTPs. I don't mean being a grammar Nazi, or never misspeaking. I just mean that an INTP has a precise meaning to a word, which they can define for you if you ask. A logical statement (containing if...then, or if and only if, or except) will be constructed carefully to be as accurate as possible. INTPs can and do lie, but accuracy is simply more attractive for most purposes.

We use a lot of qualifiers in speech. "I think", "Perhaps", "According to a study I read." This isn't because we are unsure of ourselves, or because we are trying to have it both ways. We just want to be clear that a statement might not be 100% true if you examine the edge cases, and there may be unstated assumptions. It is a drive for accuracy that can make us sound uncertain or maybe even shifty. And in some cases, wordy.

We second-guess ourselves a lot. We go over conversations in our heads for days after having them, and an interaction that the other person doesn't even remember can ruin a whole weekend while we worry about exactly how the exchange went. We aren't perfectionists in all things, but we have a very low tolerance for errors in ourselves. Some of us hold others to that standard, usually if the person has claimed expertise, but mostly we are more forgiving of others' errors than our own.

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Today 12:51 AM
-->
Subwayrider, I assume you are trying to act or write an INTP character. I do things like this all the time in role-playing games, and whatever you think about Keirsey, Please Understand Me II has a lot of great descriptions for use in acting.

The lack of exercise comment is silly. Some INTPs are out of shape, sure, but I know a few who really work hard on nutrition and exercise. It is also silly to say that we don't socialize or whatever stereotype. INTP doesn't determine your behavior at all, just the things that drive/motivate you.

I've never tried to be an INTP from an outside point of view, so that is an interesting question. Here are some thoughts, but keep in mind that I may get things wrong because I just am INTP, I don't work at it.

Physically, we value control. We aren't all good at it, though some are. We control our facial expressions and body language and tone of voice, in order to communicate exactly what we want. And what we want to communicate is our intelligence, not our emotions. We have just as many emotions as any other type, and sometimes they get overwhelming, but we tend to show them only when it suits us, or we really trust someone. This leads a lot of people to think we are out of touch with our feelings, when in fact we just don't let others touch them.

Physical self-control can certainly take the form of exercise, though team sports are probably less common than individual sports like swimming or weight-lifting. I think the need for control harms gracefulness. We are never artless in moving, or completely relaxed. So we might move carefully and even smoothly through a room filled with obstacles, but it will be conscious, not unconscious.

Socially, we are well-known for needing time alone, which is true. But a lot of us genuinely like company, have lots of friends, and socialize when possible. What we don't do is open up. We keep our deepest hopes and fears from others, with only a very few exceptions. But we are often very good at sounding like we are opening up. We know what other people think of as making a deep personal connection, and many of us can simulate it perfectly.

I haven't met an INTP yet who doesn't have a serious case of impostor syndrome. (Anyone here who doesn't, my hat is off to you.) We tend to fear that someone will expose us for the frauds that we feel we are, or show everyone that we are really second-rate and someone else is smarter. Some INTPs, especially when younger, turn into know-it-alls or act defensive a lot, because of this fear. It can be annoying. Older INTPs seem to realize, eventually, that impostor syndrome is just a thing in our heads, and not real, and learn to ignore it.

I agree with what Nick said, about being a narrator, and most of the rest. Yes, we can be lazy, or we can be unable to sit still because there is so much to do. When I look lazy, it is usually fear of failure that is paralyzing me, and the distractions are an attempt to shut it out for a while.

Precision of words is very common to INTPs. I don't mean being a grammar Nazi, or never misspeaking. I just mean that an INTP has a precise meaning to a word, which they can define for you if you ask. A logical statement (containing if...then, or if and only if, or except) will be constructed carefully to be as accurate as possible. INTPs can and do lie, but accuracy is simply more attractive for most purposes.

We use a lot of qualifiers in speech. "I think", "Perhaps", "According to a study I read." This isn't because we are unsure of ourselves, or because we are trying to have it both ways. We just want to be clear that a statement might not be 100% true if you examine the edge cases, and there may be unstated assumptions. It is a drive for accuracy that can make us sound uncertain or maybe even shifty. And in some cases, wordy.

We second-guess ourselves a lot. We go over conversations in our heads for days after having them, and an interaction that the other person doesn't even remember can ruin a whole weekend while we worry about exactly how the exchange went. We aren't perfectionists in all things, but we have a very low tolerance for errors in ourselves. Some of us hold others to that standard, usually if the person has claimed expertise, but mostly we are more forgiving of others' errors than our own.

Well said. Honest. I've liked your posts. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the receiver of the carefully worded INTP speech were just as careful in not reading too much or too little in the communication? Much can be learned from INTP communication.

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well said. Honest. I've liked your posts. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the receiver of the carefully worded INTP speech were just as careful in not reading too much or too little in the communication? Much can be learned from INTP communication.

Why thank you! I have liked your posts, too. Yes, that would be nice if the careful wording were appreciated. But since I sometimes miss the implications of things other people say, I guess I can't throw any stones.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Interesting. He's never struck me as unhealthy.

What's in it for him?

He isn't necessarily unhealthy don't get me wrong but he is, extreme. I guess the idea was if you shoot for the moon you'll at least get half way there.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Let's all talk about Duxwing in the third person!

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
*gnashes teeth over INTPs not exercising* :ahh:

Are you focusing entirely on male INTPs?

PhoenixRising

nyctophiliac
Local time
-->
Something about INTPs.. we don't like talking about ourselves as we exist in physical reality o.o But, since it seems to be for art, I'll describe what I know of the basics.

I think perhaps the best way to get into the character of an INTP would be to live like one for a while and practice the lifestyle and outward mannerisms that they tend toward.

Cognisant touched upon an important point when he said, "There's nothing physical about being an INTP." While there are specific mannerisms that manifest with the INTP type, we tend to experience life as if we were a disembodied consciousness. We don't like to think about our bodies, nor do we like to be perceived as physical entities. We especially don't like to associate ourselves to a particular gender, and are often somewhat androgynous. We tend to be rather oblivious to the whole outside world, as we spend most of our time in our heads contemplating a myriad of things and imagining possibilities. Things like eating, sleeping, human interaction, etc. tend to get neglected while we are endlessly absorbed in some sort of sedentary obsession (esp. the internet, writing, reading or just sitting and thinking for hours).

The neglect of physical matters and tendency to hide from the world indoors leads to our type usually being thin, pale and gangly. We also have prominent dark circles under our eyes due to a lack of sleep. We tend to sit with our knees tucked up close to our bodies or cross-legged, even when sitting on chairs. The most characteristic physical trademark of Ti-dominants, though, are the hands. They are usually long, thin and spidery, and move with a suspended precision. We often hold a finger to our lips while we're contemplating, or rest our head on one hand. The overall impression people often get from us is that we're creepy, quiet, socially awkward and heady.

A character that comes close to portraying the outward physical characteristics of an INTP is L from Death Note. In fact, he might be a good resource for you ^^

Something that isn't mentioned in a lot of the profiles is that we tend to be very idealistic. The ideas we have are often perfect within the parameters of their own logic, but entirely impractical if applied to the outside world. Also, we tend to prefer our idealisms to reality, so it's not uncommon for us to choose to stay in our heads with our imaginings instead of being present in reality. There is a strong tendency toward perfectionism. This manifests in the particular way we choose words when writing or speaking, as well as in our creative process. We can spend hours perfecting the articulation of an email.. or a post like this one >.>

You mentioned that you wanted to be an unhealthy INTP.. The thing about us is that we're really hard to read emotionally. Often, even if there is a serious psychological disorder present, you can't tell. We're quiet, still and placid, with intermittent bursts of inspired energy that is expressed in a childlike manner when we make a realization or are excited about something. I know that introverts in general are more prone to obsessive compulsive disorder, though, which could manifest outwardly as nervous ticks.

.. I hope some of this is helpful. Good luck with your impersonation of an INTP =)

Trebuchet

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That was a really good answer, Phoenix. As I sat there with my feet tucked up under me, contemplating ideals in my head, rubbing my tired eyes with dark circles under them, I realized I agreed with all you said (except being thin and gangly - I haven't been able to take that for granted since I was 30).

Nibbler

Being brains, they feel compelled to know everythi
Local time
-->
We aren't perfectionists in all things, but we have a very low tolerance for errors in ourselves. Some of us hold others to that standard, usually if the person has claimed expertise, but mostly we are more forgiving of others' errors than our own.

This is extremely true for me, especially in the past when I didn't realize it's what I was doing. When take-charge types of people and hot-air know-it-alls hit a wall and we're all looking at him or her to make a decision, and their reaction is "Well, I don't know!" I have a history of blowing up at them and never listening to them again. I lose the last bit of respect I had.

If I blow up at them, it's because I actually trusted them and feel betrayed and they are copping out with the "I don't know! Why does everyone expect MEEEE to decide these things?!" Even worse is if I've been compelled to follow their direction--they have some sort of control over my life or situation. If they've been making decisions on my behalf and then they cop out with a victim response because I'm looking at him/her at a critical moment THEY led us to, I will blow up.

If I just never listen to them again without the volcano response, it's that I detected all along they were faking it for the sole purpose of controlling people or filibustering conversation and not because they actually had expertise.

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
-->
Thanks! A lot of these are great and useful answers. I'll go through and reply when I have some time.

Sometimes I identify so much with the content that it makes me feel like I might be INTP. But that's normal for the 'esoteric INFJs,' from what I've seen.

tomr

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:51 AM
-->
Ignore most of everything

You're feelings primarily ( you being an infj ), take note of this - for every feeling analyze it's inaccuracies and bullet these in you're brain.
Whenever recurrence recall these inaccuracies ( Si - training ) allow yourself to forget things and try to recall them for a solid 10 minutes before looking up ( write these down, For me i naturally can re-call most things if i need to - the trick is rewording the concept in you natural tongue).

Go for understanding, completely forget all societal forms of success and only venture for novel understanding, discovery, and thought within life's primary context's, have a reading list and casually progress to more difficult to comprehend material( embrace being confused, primary!!!). Educate yourself and meditate on concepts most attractive asking, What is this? Where is this coming from (Context)? Why is this significant? How can i progress this thought? ... Naturally you will be lost in far more questions that you will never be able to answer , these questions give an intp the confidence to know nothing and ability to understand everything.

Majorly forget your feelings only use them as another form of information and test their efficacy, They are mostly inaccurate for me and i find them ultimately a distraction, this may be different for you.

Keep us posted and remember primarily, everyone is smarter than you but everyone is an extreme fool. This is highly supportable, remember your are dumb and questions give you insight and mental freedom in which you can observe intelligence.

Intuition, a god.

Get to the essential.

Question everything.

Reserve until necessity

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Because I'm, a la method acting, attempting to write from the mind of a character who is an unhealthy INTP male.

But, admittedly (:o) also because of this:

INTPs are just conceptually cool.

Okay, but what are the specifics?
It's no fun without first knowing what you are going on about.

emaugust

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I will try to help out with this answer from a slightly different perspective - I only got into the MB tests recently - and for me personally it has brought an INCREDIBLE amount of clarity in my life about who I am and why I do things. I realized I do a lot of unhealthy stuff!

I thought it might be helpful to share with you from the perspective of the bad stuff I knew was going on before I knew what an INTP was.

1. I have no wanderlust and no need to travel. Generally speaking where other people feel like "I dont want to miss this experience, it's once in a lifetime!", I appreciate the sentiment but it just doesn't resonate inside of me. I don't feel like I am missing out on life when, by most peoples standards, I am in fact missing out on life.

2. I spend copious amounts of time modelling conversations in my head. If there is even a remotely tough/conflicting/unresolved conversation that needs to happen I will spend hour going over it in my head - assessing the angles, sharpening my point and preparing for any possible outcome. This is how I become confident in my position as well as my ability to effectively communicate it.

3. Like everyone says I am a very get-along type person. I am extremely uncomfortable around fights or conflict. If its Jerry Springer I need to change the channel. if it is real life I need to cringe until I can leave the room.

4. I have the identified characteristic of learning something enough that I understand it - but only so far as I can diagnose situations where that information is helpful - and at that point, I can learn more about the topic. In a sense I learn enough about something so that I am confident I can really learn about it if I need to.

This means the people that know me well know I am capable and can do a great many things. Which they then expect I will do sometimes. It is hard to explain to people that yes, I know how to do that but no, I am not interested in doing that.

5. I am the kind of guy who is blind to household objects. I will walk past the laundry basket on the stairs 10 times in a day. It makes my wife absolutely insane. I don't blame her - but I just don't notice things like that.

6. Always need time to think about stuff. But thinking can be passive. It is hard to be decisive. Many times I have miscommunications with my wife about one of our businesses. We discuss doing something. We talk about how it could be done, how long it might take, what would be required. A week later she is pissed I didn't do the thing - to my mind we were just talking about viability whereas she feels we were making a plan.

7. I love information. I am the person who looks up something on a wiki and ends up with 30 tabs open. I sit down to play a video game - look up some info on the game and 3 hours later still pulling up game relaed info I realize my play session was literally a research session. Still feel pretty good about it.

8. My brain seems drawn in some degree to pattern. My wife gets pissed sometimes because I make value judgements about things based on huge amounts of "data" i have poured through - news sites, forums, social media etc... I feel like by evaluating enough data I can understand trends about people and their behavior. She feels that is not "real" and I can't understand people if I am not interacting directly.

9. I have approximately 2-3 close friends.

10. I am a serial monogamist as it is described here and it is hard to say that this hasn't been a limiting thing through my life. I definitely love my wife partly because she accepts me which sounds ridiculous but I think people know how hard it is to find anyone who wants to be a couple with an introverted smarty pants weirdo intp :p

11. I have 2 habits that coupled with being online a lot create trollish behavior that I literally have NEVER recognized. The first is that I float a lot of nonsense/speculative/controversial theories and ideas just because they are fun and I am interested to see what people have to say. I guess it seems like I am quite serious. This sort of thing tires/frustrates/annoys most people. Second, I sometimes find myself getting into really specific arguments about really small things or things that are important to me but to no one else. Once again, I am more than happy to write walls of text about crap no one cares about but me.

12. My humor is terrible. I laugh about random things to myself all the time. I can't ever explain jokes - half the time I am laughing my ass off to myself someone asks what it is and I will be like "well the guy said this and then he said that and while I am not a comedian, there is a joke in there somewhere..."

13. Unease before events. Some of the people I know can go out and party all weekend and be absolutely re-energized for the week! For me, I need at minimum 1 day to just do nothing but what I want or else the weekend just feels like more tiring stuff. I am in the music industry among other things and going out to those crappy shows you just have to show face at is the bane of my existence. I am not much fun going on vacation. I dread it, and once I am there I think its cool and all but once again, I would just as soon be doing my own stuff.

14. Ne causes me to think I can read people. I think I can spend a little time with someone and just KNOW whether they are good or not. This is probably based mostly on superficial appearances and is myself lying to myself about what can be intuited.

15. I am not submissive but I am passive. I tend to believe in going with the flow. At times this is problematic as when I position myself in the business world I have to work extra hard to seem assertive / like a leader / the boss. I withdraw at times when I should be asserting myself despite the waste of time.

16. I am fairly oblivious to the emotional needs of my partner. When she is freaking out I don't know what to do and my instincts are wrong. When she isn't freaking out I ignore her needs thinking everything is OK because everything is OK to me. It is something I am just starting to actively work on.

17. I make piles all the time which really make people crazy - they aren't neat enough - innevitably they get re-organized and I freak out when I cant find something that was in the pile 5 months ago.

18. I heard once that INTP's like to collect but that the physical collection itself is really kind of meaningless - it is about the mental aspect of having the collection - by having a collection I can mentally tap into the feeling of everything the collection represents. It is kind of a mental model I think. I know I collect many things that I have no interest in ever re-visiting but never throw out because you never know...

19. My number one hobby is making spooky dance music.

20. I am a software developer that spends easily 12-14 hours a day online.

Top Bottom