• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is the Universe a hologram

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 8:23 PM
-->
Why stop at 2d? Why not 1 dimensional? I always pictured the universe as a single line.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 2:23 AM
-->
Its more like the whole universe is hologram, but space is real. What we really need to say is that there are incredible amount of dimensions and we are stuck at thrid base, but we can learn about 4th 5th nth dimension as well. I dont think calling something hologram explains anything. However a point in universe can replicate into many points perhaps thats what they mean.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
the hologram theory orginated from the information paradox, whether information of a body is destroyed after it enters a blackhole.

Crux_Cheetah

QuirkyNerd
Local time
-->
It could be. I think that's relative to other things like time, light and everything else. But what about places where space is irrelevant? Maybe the universe is just a hologram to us? But I don't know, I think everything's relative.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
Yesterday 6:23 PM
-->
How can you even suppose to know this?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 7:23 PM
-->
If String theory ever produces a falsifiable prediction then yes, it could be true or false. Until then its just a nice alternate description, kind of like the Copenhagen interpretation.

Top Bottom