• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Attractiveness?

How Attractive are you?

• Attractive

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Somewhat attractive

Votes: 62 44.9%
  • Somewhat unattractive

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Unattractive

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:54 PM
-->

Magnetosphere

Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
Perhaps she had a log fetish? Or perhaps just liked having sex in uncomfortable places, like the back of a Volkswagen ;)

Like I said, it was a very uncomfortable position for me to be in. I had no idea how to get rid of her, yet at the same time, I didn't want to be a total prick and just tell her to bugger off.

Seriously, 99% of the crap she said was laced with exorbitant amounts of innuendo. Even when I apologized for being so boring (awkward) and cited my lack of sleep the previous night as the cause, she had to ask me, "lulz so wat could i do thatd wake youse up herp derp derp", to which I responded, "I dunno, get me a Coca-Cola or some coffee, I guess".

That ended that pretty effectively.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:54 PM
-->

Magnetosphere

Local time
-->
Haha, I have no idea whether or not I'm attractive. As I think I said earlier, it all depends on the date and time.

Sometimes my reflection seems to look good, other times, not so much. It's a little confusing,

Just started complaining to a friend about this, apparently there's a few girls I know who think I'm hawt.

Smithers10030

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
The people from my class think I am 'cute-ish' and since I am a bit on the chubby side, I am nick-named as the class Teddy bear as well.:o

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
^ that's cute

I voted attractive, as I'm in an exceptionally good mood today. However, the rational side of me knows I'm ugly.

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
I get a lot of attention from girls... a lot. I'm pretty flirtatious too but I get more signals/flirts than I give out. Eye contact is the biggest, I'm talkin 2 or 3 second stare downs. Most girls are not super obvious with their signals, just enough to let me kno their interested. Flirting is a different story though, when its one on one there's a huge amount of sexual tension going on as we talk.

thesmileybunny

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:54 AM
-->
I guess I'm pretty attractive. Or at least my boyfriend thinks so.

I like my hair a lot though. It's so big and long.
... Kinda like a penis I can take pride of.

C.J_Finn

Local time
-->
I've never thought of myself as being attractive, but I'll let you guys decide I guess.

Photo_00044.jpg

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
^
<3_<3

Lydia

What?
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
I do not exactly care as to whether I am or not. Though, I know I can let myself notice it when I want to physically admire myself. Or see the beauty.

All I can say is, I have the very attractive days. Sometimes I have the very unattractive moments.

Meh.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
I get a lot of attention from girls... a lot. I'm pretty flirtatious too but I get more signals/flirts than I give out. Eye contact is the biggest, I'm talkin 2 or 3 second stare downs. Most girls are not super obvious with their signals, just enough to let me kno their interested. Flirting is a different story though, when its one on one there's a huge amount of sexual tension going on as we talk.
Sometimes I think this too, but then I usually wonder if I'm just not imagining it and being an arrogant dick. I'm quite awkward, but somewhat flirtatious at the same time. Feels good though when you get stuff like eye contact, giggling, smiling, "can I sit next to you?", random hugs, etc. It's a little awkward for me but that stuff definitely boosts your ego.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
Sometimes I think this too, but then I usually wonder if I'm just not imagining it and being an arrogant dick. I'm quite awkward, but somewhat flirtatious at the same time. Feels good though when you get stuff like eye contact, giggling, smiling, "can I sit next to you?", random hugs, etc. It's a little awkward for me but that stuff definitely boosts your ego.

I couldn't agree more. It's never been like this for me before in terms of "popularity" (even though I don't like using that word). I really conscientiously try not to sound arrogant or let any of my above average qualities go to my head. And because I now know what it's like to be a "big shot" (in my eyes I guess), I can see the arrogance or other jerk qualities in other people, which is not attractive.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I couldn't agree more. It's never been like this for me before in terms of "popularity" (even though I don't like using that word). I really conscientiously try not to sound arrogant or let any of my above average qualities go to my head. And because I now know what it's like to be a "big shot" (in my eyes I guess), I can see the arrogance or other jerk qualities in other people, which is not attractive.
OG. When I read that I thought to myself, "I wonder if a single below average quality (as the conjectured arrogance) can outweigh a plethora of above average qualities."

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
OG. When I read that I thought to myself, "I wonder if a single below average quality (as the conjectured arrogance) can outweigh a plethora of above average qualities."

I think it depends on how one perceives arrogance. For starters, it takes a moderate amount to click A on this poll regardless if that person is attractive or not. IMO, pointing out a deficiency in yourself (such as saying "I'm weird") while pointing out attractiveness does not mask the fact that you said something "arrogant". There's only one solution but to come right out and say what you're going to say. You're right, arrogance is one the worst qualities a person can have despite other good qualities. I don't exactly know the line between feeling good about oneself and pompousness, but I do know, despite my indifference towards people who are arrogant, that appearing to be arrogant isn't a good quality. People will decide for themselves what's considered arrogant so I try not to let anything go to my head as to not appear arrogant. I don't think that most of the people here will be quick to make that kind of judgement but I'm sorry to anyone I offended for appearing to be arrogant.

C.J_Finn

Local time
-->
I don't think that viewing yourself as being attractive, or being happy about any of your other good qualities is arrogant. There's a fine line between being proud/happy about something, and feeling like you're above others.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I feel it's okay to feel that you're attractive/talented/whatever, but it's arrogant to feel that you must be better than others because of your attractiveness/talent/whatever.

Yes, I feel arrogance can outweigh any good qualities that a person may possess.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 9:54 AM
-->

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I think it depends on how one perceives arrogance. For starters, it takes a moderate amount to click A on this poll regardless if that person is attractive or not. IMO, pointing out a deficiency in yourself (such as saying "I'm weird") while pointing out attractiveness does not mask the fact that you said something "arrogant". There's only one solution but to come right out and say what you're going to say. You're right, arrogance is one the worst qualities a person can have despite other good qualities. I don't exactly know the line between feeling good about oneself and pompousness, but I do know, despite my indifference towards people who are arrogant, that appearing to be arrogant isn't a good quality. People will decide for themselves what's considered arrogant so I try not to let anything go to my head as to not appear arrogant. I don't think that most of the people here will be quick to make that kind of judgement but I'm sorry to anyone I offended for appearing to be arrogant.
O. Genius. I'm not going to say you are arrogant. I don't think you are. My opinion of arrogance at first is to think it not attractive, but as usual for me, I want to ask are there exceptions?

First is my definition. I think of arrogance as some sort of display where one overestimates oneself. So can that happen? Why can't one easily over or under estimate oneself? Easy to happen. Okay, I say, as long as it's not too much. Anyway can arrogance be a good thing ever? What about leadership? There, it might be a good thing to have a high opinion of oneself. Why not? If enough others pick up on that, they would buy it and it could be a good way to get others to go where you as leader want them to go. People might admire such over-estimation as being worthy of representation of a worthy goal. What is disliked is if ahead of time you don't want to go there. This makes the trait relative as to attractiveness.

ObliviousGenius

Local time
-->
I never considered it that way, but I think that people who see the leader this way will be more opt to feel disrespect toward him. That could just be my belief that people are more judgmental than not or the personal experiences of this particular case I've seen. If someone was to be perceptive enough to understand that arrogance could be a good trait of a leader than I think it could be likely that they would abandon their judgment to see that it's a good thing.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I never considered it that way, but I think that people who see the leader this way will be more opt to feel disrespect toward him. That could just be my belief that people are more judgmental than not or the personal experiences of this particular case I've seen. If someone was to be perceptive enough to understand that arrogance could be a good trait of a leader than I think it could be likely that they would abandon their judgment to see that it's a good thing.
Actually, to be fair, ObliviousGenius, arrogance as a good value in a leader wasn't my idea. I read it recently about candidates running for President here in the United States. The article said a "big ego" was a desirable trait otherwise they would not be as inclined to run. They must believe a lot in themselves and what they are doing. I'm inclined to go along with that.

Essence

Local time
Yesterday 8:54 PM
-->
I am somewhat attractive but not enough to balance out my awkwardness. My face is slightly lopsided. I'm 6'3 (taller than most around here) and even though i look skinny with clothes on, i'm not. People love my hair.

Top Bottom