• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Broken INTP?

elanor

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:11 AM
-->
What does it mean if an intp says he's a broken person..he's not proud of it but it's who he is, but tries to wear it like an armor?

i read his notebook.... i dont get that "broken" thing.

oh then he talked about me (i was his ex when he wrote it) and said few ppl have made a big impact in his life but i made him realice what true love was, perhaps unintentionally and unknowingly, although he didnt believe in romantic love.

Pride

Local time
Yesterday 4:11 PM
-->
He just seems like a depressed wretch. Take that how you will.

This sounds I might have done back in high school when I couldn't make any sense of the world.

I'm sure he is in a similar situation.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 6:11 PM
-->
Probably the same thing it would mean if anyone else said it. What would you mean by it if you said it? (That may be harder to answer if it's something you literally couldn't ever imagine yourself in a place to say.)

I don't think you'll find a specific explanation, it's just a general expression of discontent. I'd guess something involving some feeling of out-of-placeness with the rest of the world (the blame for which could be placed pretty much anywhere) - square peg in a round hole or whatnot - particularly if it was immediately followed by some reminiscence of a close connection with another person (i.e. you).

On the other hand it could be any other problem he might have and he just picked a particular phrase that I'm now projecting my own meaning into. Also you might have inadvertently phrased the question in a way that made me jump to a particular conclusion. Long story short I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I took the liberty of stalking you (show all threads/posts by xxxx is a real fun feature). It seems you stop by periodically to ask random questions about this same INTP. :D So what's the deal, anyway? Just curious.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

Zionoxis

Local time
Yesterday 7:11 PM
-->
It wold seem that he is particularly depressed. Somehow, I have gotten away with being INTP and only on very rare occasions have I experienced depression. Let the continuation of the defying of physics continue!

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What does it mean if an intp says he's a broken person..he's not proud of it but it's who he is, but tries to wear it like an armor?
Every person, and therefore every INTP, is unique. If some particular INTP says he's broken, then that broken-ness is more about him than about the fact that he's an INTP. That said, an INTP is likely to construct walls, very big, very strong, very long-lasting walls. And, as an INTP who has, for a long time, had 50-foot-thick, 100-foot-high walls of titanium, and has had them crumble, I can assure you that this broken-ness is (even if he doesn't know it, and even if he cannot yet see it) an opportunity for growth. The armor is a defense mechanism, very likely a necessary one, but it will eventually fade.
I hope you had permission. If not, this will eventually be revealed, and, barring a great deal of luck, will ruin any relationship you might have had.
oh then he talked about me (i was his ex when he wrote it) and said few ppl have made a big impact in his life but i made him realice what true love was, perhaps unintentionally and unknowingly, although he didnt believe in romantic love.
Yeah, INTPs are insecure this way and when they find someone who is actually worthy of being let in, it's a big, damn shame when that collapses.

Dave

digital angel

Local time
-->
First, I hope you obtained permission to read his notebook. Have you asked him what he means by being broken? Or have you asked him why he thinks he's broken? It's probably not uncommon for INTPs to be skeptical about love.

Pride

Local time
-->
I have a solution: give him a blowjob everyday, and I'm sure he will be unbroken in no time.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 12:11 PM
-->

Deep down inside I think I am a broken person. My dad has constantly barked in my face ever since I can remember, even right now outside my room, there he is barking my mistakes at me. Picking on me, and ripping every single shred of me apart. If I never had that, I think I may have been a different person. Maybe INTP is what I have eventually become. But I dont even fucking know anymore.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
Deep down inside I think I am a broken person. My dad has constantly barked in my face ever since I can remember, even right now outside my room, there he is barking my mistakes at me. Picking on me, and ripping every single shred of me apart. If I never had that, I think I may have been a different person. Maybe INTP is what I have eventually become. But I dont even fucking know anymore.

Do you think you'd find something worse to obsess about if he was out of the way?
(Is guilty of that myself and was wondering if you think you also might be... I wonder what the term is for it)

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 12:11 PM
-->
I dont understand.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 9:11 AM
-->

Remember relationships are voluntary. When you can gtfo. Develop your own independent identity and have meaningful relationships with people.

Philosophyking87

It Thinks For Itself
Local time
-->
He just seems like a depressed wretch. Take that how you will.

This sounds I might have done back in high school when I couldn't make any sense of the world.

I'm sure he is in a similar situation.

^^^ This. I can relate to feeling like a "broken INTP," and so I'm usually down and depressed when this seems to happen most strongly. I tend to be very pessimistic, so I can just get stuck in a deep hole of dark despair.

I would make sure he doesn't do anything to himself, if he's at all upset over something (like divorce/splitting up) or anything else. People like us are always 2 seconds away from ending it all. Believe me.

"I read his notebook"

blasphemy

Haha!!! Do we INTPs have a common code of conduct that says, "Rule #1 - NEVER violate an INTP's privacy under ANY circumstance"? And when someone steps on such personal hallowed ground, thereby instantly desecrating, fouling, and tainting the one thing an INTP holds most dear, is it akin to being observed without clothing?

lmfao, such outrageous sacrilege. "I can't read on any further!"

It wold seem that he is particularly depressed. Somehow, I have gotten away with being INTP and only on very rare occasions have I experienced depression. Let the continuation of the defying of physics continue!

Hahaha I never thought of it that way: Living n. - "The defiant perpetuation of biological processes against natural physical constraints; a continuation of the defying of physics."

Sounds so appealing, as an INTP, to view life as a great defiant (albeit futile) stance against the inevitable -- to resist, to fight, to carry on despite what even a natural authority speaks against our will.

Here's something humorous I found (about "Religions by Type") that comes to mind in this instance:

INTP: INTPs are always right, therefore they should skip right to atheism, with an option on immortality as a simulation in a computer of unimaginable complexity at the end of time as proven by the laws of physics.

LOL

Also, here's a very interesting Star Trek segment involving a very strong INTP, Lieutenant Reginald Barclay (who suffers from horrible anxiety and at one point becomes addicted to the holodeck, where fantasies can be fulfilled). Skip to about 5:00 into the video. Barclay becomes augmented by an alien civilization and becomes incredibly intelligent, hooking himself up to The Enterprise's main computer. It's very interesting, as it reminds me of Hal from Space Odyssey, Dexter's computer from Dexter's Laboratory, and the computer from I Robot.

Star Trek TNG s04e19 - The Nth Degree part 3 - YouTube

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
"broken" = non-functional, in ways that need correcting, before functioning can resume.

Diagnose the problem. Diagnose the solution. Implement the solution. Then functioning can resume.

VroumVroum

Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
I can't say for sure but if i were to say "I'm broken" it could likely bear two meanings:

- I don't find a place where I belong. I don't succeed where others do therefore I must be broken. (Inefficient)

- I miss something deep inside. I'm broken. (Incomplete)

Local time
-->
The entire reason that I have never kept a journal or diary is specifically because I didn't want my thoughts and feelings all out where people could see and read them-- where I could lose control over them and they could become common knowledge. It's just not something that I'm comfortable with. Unfortunately, I imagine that your INTP friend will learn this lesson the hard way, now that you've read his journal.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 5:11 PM
-->
I once tried keeping a diary. It met its end in a glorious wild flaming pyre.

Necromancers will be dealt with similarly...

Ink

Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
I think nihilism is a common coping mechanism among INTPs

C.Hecker88

Lily of the Valley
Local time
-->
It looks like I sortof resurrected a two year old thread...
*air guitar*

Starswirl

Local time
-->
It looks like I sortof resurrected a two year old thread...
*air guitar*

That moment when you read the bumper's post and realize why you didn't know many of the posters above.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
That moment when you read the bumper's post and realize why you didn't know many of the posters above.

Damn, I have been around for a while.

Top Bottom