• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

pediatrics vs psychiatry , I'm doubting.

WALKYRIA

Local time
Today 9:55 PM
-->
What Should I choose: Pediatrics, Psychiatry or other?

FOr now I love pediatrics and psychiatry but can't fucking choose.
Psychiatry seem to be my dream job but working with kids is just a magnificent experience... I'm also beginning to question my INTPness since INTPs are not supposed to love kids.. I just find them to be the most amazing things. I see so much potential in kids. COuld I just be an INF* coz pediatrics is for NFs usually.

Psychiatry: everybody here knows that I love neuroscience and crazy people; but hey... Psychiatry is not respected in the medical field. Some don't even consider it to be medecine but some bullshit pseudoscience. People generally hate psychiatrists. Psychiatrists tend to be NTP.

Pediatrics: Just amazing. I lways had a great contact with kids( mainly because I had a shitty childhood) and I always considered kids as the most benign and innocent little things. They don't deserve diseases and therefore diserve the greatest and smartes doctors. I find pediatry to be the most noble speciality in medecine. Seriously.
Right now, I'm doing my peditarics rotation in me school... And I adore it. The people you find in pediatrics are usually the kindest people you can find in med school(tend to be NFs) . THe surgeons being the most awfully arrogant ones, generally.( NTJs or STJs).

NOw, I really don't know what to choose and you should help me please... Should I follow my heart( work with kids) or my brain( do what will bring the best outcome and the best overall pleasure; don't give a shit about what other think.. Psychiatry).

Kids vs crazy people? what's the bes to work with?

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
-->
NOw, I really don't know what to choose and you should help me please... Should I follow my heart( work with kids) or my brain( do what will bring the best outcome and the best overall pleasure; don't give a shit about what other think.. Psychiatry).

Though I'm not in a position to offer any mature advice(currently in decision making myself), I would definitely count out the external judgments in regards to Psychiatry completely. You will always find people looking down on whatever field you choose. Some philosophers look down on psychologists, many scientists look down on Philosophy etc etc... Fuck that

Cyon

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You want to go for Pediatrics 'cause you like kids. On the other hand, Psychiatry just gives you that innate pleasure - even without kids? Although it would take more time and study, you can always incorporate the two and maybe even lead your own research at some point.

"What's the best to work with?"
I can't really tell but say, 5 or 10 years from now... try imagining what your life would be if you went with pediatrics? with psychiatry? Or you can always combine both ;)

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 4:55 PM
-->
You need not choose between psychiatry and pediatrics if you become a pediatric psychiatrist.

-Duxwing

Top Bottom