• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Tapatalk Renewed

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 3:04 AM
-->
Earlier I mentioned some difficulties reinstalling Tapatalk due to their having lost the account, and waiting on them replying with log-in information.

Still haven't heard, but I tricked the account by using various old email addresses until it suddenly offered to change the email, after which, after adding a new Tapatalk ID, showed me the Tapatalk Key. Which is now in this forum along with settings mostly as before:

Allow In-App registration, Automatically Approve Verified Tapatalk Members, Disable ads for group ( added all, but yeah, right ), Thread Content Replacement (Advanced) SEE *, allowed Open Tag Function **, Rich Message, Disabled Two-Factor, Enabled Deep-linking in Subscription Emails.

K. All this means nothing to me since I don't use it myself.

After the console said the plug-in was out of date despite adding it on the 22nd; they had an upgrade on the 23rd.

So re-installed Tapatalk.

Now, on the Tapatalk console, there are more options.

We're on the free app;

for $5 a month you get Google Analytics, Remove Tapatalk branding, Disable advertisement.
for $10 a month you additionally get Google DFP and Admob Support ( sounds like adding adds ), Branded App in App Store ( Requires you to have Apple iOS Developer account ($99/yr) and Google Play developer account ($25) and grant Tapatalk access to create/manage your App ). Neither of which sound like good ideas.

**************************************************​

I set the primary color to some medium blue, added the Cross logo, enabled r.tapatalk.com" Link Redirection to let r.tapatalk.com allow users to open thread in Tapatalk app, and confirmed that the site does not contain publicly viewable Adult or other Objectionable content.

I left off a cover photo.

* Ability to match and replace thread content using PHP preg_replace function(http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php). E.g. "'pattern', 'replacement'" . You can define more than one replace rule on each line.

# For each sample blow, remove the '#' ahead to test
More infor: http://support.tapatalk.com/threads/advanced-plugin-usage.17106/

# Sample 1, replace all string 'abc' in post content to 'xyz'
# '/abc/', 'xyz'

# Sample 2, replace [JAVA] BBCODE to [ QUOTE ] for better display in tapatalk
'/\[java\](.*?)\[\/java\]/si', '[ quote ]$1 [/quote] '[/QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One can see I uncommented Sample 2.

** Enable support for Open Tagging (@). With this feature enabled, users can input "@username" to tag someone. Tagged users will receive alerts in their web browser and a push notification on their mobile device. To successfully tag someone, there must be one space before and after the "@username".

So, if there are any changes suggested, mention it here and we shall confer in secret.

Madmins only of course.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 3:04 AM
-->
I wondered if I had turned off, or had even been allowed to turn off, that dreary message: posted from my bbb by Tapatalk.

Still don't know, however went to the account --- Tapatalk bungled the password in my Firefox ( which I checked in my master list ) three times which led to Capchas and resettings --- to take a look, without joy. However there was a plugin upgrade from a week back.

Amusingly they insist strongly on deleting the old before installing the new, but give no instructions on how to do that. Not difficult, just nuke everything; but really catering to a multilingual world they should do better.

There will be a new XenForo upgrade in a day or two... The dance goes on...

Top Bottom