• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The end is nigh [or: Bitcoin wannabes]

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
Yesterday 11:11 PM
-->
My dad's an engineer from Alabama and raised by crazy religious people. He always told me growing up that the Internet was the mark of the beast in Revelations. Today my INTP friend and I determined that, more specifically, Bitcoin is:

http://coingen.io/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2083...ired-bitcoin-alternative-for-normal-folk.html

coinye_west_580-100221976-large.jpg

I actually choked on my quinoa this morning when I read that the mining software for Coinye is called Gold Digger.

I was going to put this in the Bitcoin thread but I specifically want to discuss the sudden influx of all these new cryptocurrencies desperately trying to take off. How do you think they will affect Bitcoin itself?

[Also, mods: apologies and feel free to move if The Lounge is not the appropriate place.]

Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
BTC is the mark of the beast if only because it puts its competition to shame lol. It pwns the infrastructure.

BTC paves the way for its replacement, which probably doesn't exist yet. If it does, it sure as hell isn't litecoin, coinye, dogecoin, etc.

(However, there's also a strong argument to be made for The Beast being the proper direction to take, and I can make that argument, I just don't want to derail).

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->
(However, there's also a strong argument to be made for The Beast being the proper direction to take, and I can make that argument, I just don't want to derail).

Not a derail! Go on...

Local time
-->
I'm fairly certain I'm about to convert to a form a Satanism. It's probably best to pick up from the existential crisis stage. Nihilistic apathy is all too easy to descend into and remain at the mercy of chaos's eternal spin cycle. Apathy's purpose is to make one selectively immune to the external world; filter out the bad, allow the good, and allow one to manipulate the external world. The question then becomes what is the goal of manipulating the external world? To have power over it so that one can indulge in it. It's a power game. But not just any; power can only be achieved if one has no masters except oneself, meaning one must become Satan; become The Beast, not worship it. This is the universal manifestation of True Will. It is The Great Work. Nothing is truly beyond one's grasp. This is how Crowley conquered Choronzon (333); united the id with the superego.

I think my drive has come back, which is... *adjective*

Pikachu

Local time
Today 2:11 PM
-->
Oh well, the end of the world is defiantly nigh.. :storks:

Local time
Today 12:11 AM
-->
Satoshi means roughly "wisdom" or "clear thinking". Nakamoto means roughly "from within", or "from the foundation". Put the two together and you get "clear thinking from within." The meaning of this could be further synthesized into the word "illumination" or "enlightenment".

Just an observation.

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->
28XILya.gif

let's talk dogecoin and meme-currency plz

~~~

Local time
-->
The market will sort it out.

Valentas

Local time
-->
Do you know would be a funny question to ask? What if elite guys running this world actually knows that people are waiting for revelations prophecies to come true and actually can engineer this stuff in real world? So far, they are following the script quite thoroughly. Good thing is people understand that religion is bullshit and drop the shackles from them freeing themselves. The worst part would be Christian fundamentalist who cite the Book everywhere they can as if that shit needs to happen. It doesn't. Apocalypse is a theatre being manipulated by smart people ruling the planet and believing in events happening as reality is beyond naive. Some people mind is so sick that they actually want bad stuff to happen. These idiots should get their heads out of the book and start thinking.

Valentas

Local time
-->
Bitcoin is a nice idea. In fact, it is an incredible idea. It provides you anonymous way to pay money. Hell, even if it wouldn't be anonymous then it still would be great way to pay for things. There would be no need for central banks anymore and they could function mainly as bullion dealers for I don't trust in bitcoin to handle the job fairly. I heard some bad stuff from other people about bitcoin though. Suppose, someone uses EMP on your storage device. What happens? What if there is no electricity and bitcoin is the only way to pay for stuff? The life in cities would stop, simply because we are dependent on electricity. Also, every technology is hackable. Thus, I would spend about 10% of my wealth on bitcoin. I don't have faith in electronics when we're dependent on electricity and big companies that provide it.

Currently, the world is struggling towards replacing King Dollar with something else. Instead of Petrodollar, it will probably be Petroyuan. China's drainage of gold for the past 1.5 years around ~1ton every month means that new monetary system will be based on gold again. However, I don't trust this too. We've already had gold standard and in the past, people used to deal in gold and silver only. Still, they were scammed by bankers because they can rehypothecate the gold and to this day, this scam has been running for decades. There are several times more gold contracts than real gold. That's an issue and it means that central banks are the problem. How to fix this? Just start making deals with new currency, open-source, ignore the criminals and don't do business with them. CNN has already lost 50% of it's audience and so will banks.

The biggest threat is that when bankers get into trouble, they take your attention away from their crimes by taking you and your citizens to war. This has to stop. As George Carlin said, "politicians pay attention to you when you reach military age". And he's spot on. People must refuse to let their children to go to war which is not necessary and is used to cover up crimes. Currently, US is like Venice in the past. They had huge military of mercenaries and was fucking with everybody all around Europe and Asia. In the end, world was so pissed off that they all united to take Venice out. Same fate will happen to US if they continue bombing people. Compare the strategy of China vs US: China competes with US for resources and alliances with Africa countries by investing into infrastructure, providing jobs there in factories and giving people hope. US goes into country, bombs people and then steal their resources. Which country will get more love from Africans? Some argue that US has biggest military and thus can do whatever they want. That's wrong thinking. Venice had such military and was smashed to pieces. There's been a story two years ago that China's warship fried US warship with EMP weapon. These are the weapons new war would be fought. No need for nuclear weapons anymore, just fry infrastructure of the city and then move in with army. No damage to buildings, only panicked and controllable people. http://www.boeing.com/Features/2012/10/bds_champ_10_22_12.html <-- stupid engineers working with cool toys that will be used against them.

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There's actually a good connection between bitcoin and the idea of a world-wide cashless society a.k.a. global cashless monetary system.
So, not the mark of the beast per se, but certainly a compound of it.

Top Bottom