• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Enneagram 5 INFP

dark+matters

Local time
Yesterday 8:14 PM
-->
I've seen some Enneagram sites type J.K. Rowling as an Enneagram 5, and most Meyers Briggs sites will type her as INFP. I've also seen a couple people online identify themselves as both INFP and 5w4.

It's widely rumored that Meyers-Briggs types tend to correspond with certain Enneagrams. What are your thoughts about an Enneagram 5 INFP?

Local time
Today 4:14 AM
-->
I might be one. i think 5w4s generally fall between infp and intp(exhibiting characteristics from both, and so..never properly identifying with either)

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Yesterday 10:14 PM
-->
for some reason, I can't link it but if you google jk rowling infj, you'll see a twitter feed that she posted.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
for some reason, I can't link it but if you google jk rowling infj, you'll see a twitter feed that she posted.
[BIMG]http://s15.postimg.org/s6zid0tzv/jkrinfj.png[/BIMG]

I find INFP to be vastly different from INTP, externally we are similar, behave in a reserved way, but upon closer inspection our personalities and motivations are conflicting. The most distinguishing feature is their lack of intensity and precision of thought.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Yesterday 11:14 PM
-->
Enneagram 5 INFPs exist, like J.K. Rowling and Kurt Cobain, but they're rarer and more contemplative than other INFPs.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
A type 5 with a preference for F? Exceptions to the rule do of course exist - the aforementioned example being one. Type 5s are usually people with dominant Ti (I did a seminar on this shit; loads of interesting data).

As an INTJ 5w4, I'm also an exception to the rule. INTJs are usually E1, which makes them look as though they have a rod up their arse.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 5:14 AM
-->
A type 5 with a preference for F? Exceptions to the rule do of course exist - the aforementioned example being one. Type 5s are usually people with dominant Ti (I did a seminar on this shit; loads of interesting data).

As an INTJ 5w4, I'm also an exception to the rule. INTJs are usually E1, which makes them look as though they have a rod up their arse.

I agree, Ti corresponds most closely with 5 but i guess INFP could happen, at least on some level. Whether the Enneagram has conceptual validity, i'm in doubt. Jungian typology offers a clear set of intuitively recognizable psychic conflicts, but Enneagram seems to rather assume some arbitrary dynamic. It's begging the question. People compare MBTI to a horoscope but the analogy is more appropriate for Enneagram.

majohnso

Local time
-->
i am intp, and came out enneagram type 5, it makes sense to me

Top Bottom