• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What's on your mind right now?

IssphitiKOzS

Banned
Local time
Today 4:34 AM
-->
Lydia posting "Anthropology" in my Give Me a Word thread.

IssphitiKOzS

Banned
Local time
-->
Shit, I thought this was the What Makes You Mad thread.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
my friend is a compulsive liar and I'm thinking about how i can completely prove that she is talking bullshit, as her lies consist of her claiming she has various neurological diseases such as parkinsons, I have spent the last half hour researching facts and symptoms on Parkinsons. When she next makes a mistake I will catch her out.

I am also thinking of my up-coming A-levels and how during these past 2 weeks I should have been revising 2 or 3 hours a day and have so far done nothing, mostly because of the internet and this forum. But to be honest I can't make myself care.

Olives. I really want olives.

Oh, and the existentialists were probably right, life is meaningless, but I haven't come up with my proper answer yet

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
Yesterday 11:34 PM
-->
-How on earth I'm gonna get my work done
-How much it really matters
-Priorities on a larger scale
-Other random shit I've "scheduled"
-What I could have done, at this point, and how much repairing of lost opportunities are possible
-How much it also really matters in the end, when I've completed whatever goal in my mind
-That's "Ti/Si" or something, right?
-Beef jerky and coffee

This. Almost Daily. Currently, what exactly this new mousse is going to do to my hair, and I want a cigarette.

CoffeeBreak

Simply a concious being.
Local time
-->
I'm wondering if the way i grew up affected my personality and if it is the reason that i am currently living my life inside of my head. I wonder what my mother would have thought if she met me one day. I'm wondering why i have never cried over that fact that she died when i was 4 years old, and why i never got to know her.

Sorry for being emo-ish, but once i start to write it just happens. I also learn and reflect by reading what i wrote.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 8:34 PM
-->
my friend is a compulsive liar and I'm thinking about how i can completely prove that she is talking bullshit, as her lies consist of her claiming she has various neurological diseases such as parkinsons, I have spent the last half hour researching facts and symptoms on Parkinsons. When she next makes a mistake I will catch her out.

If your friend really is a compulsive liar, what she doesn't need is someone abusively exposing her. On the other hand, enabling her lies may save her ego and relieve her anxieties, but what she really needs is medical attention and a clinical evaluation. It's a huge mistake to mistreat a pathological disorder as a deliberate personality trait.

I had a friend in high school who was also a compulsive liar and even though I knew almost everything he was spurting out was completely untrue, I valued him as a friend for when he wasn't lying and when there were actually sparks of sincerity. To some extent, he was entertaining to have around as we joked around a lot. When he was being inappropriate I called him out on it, but otherwise he was okay.

Stoic Beverage

has a wide pancake of knowledge
Local time
Yesterday 10:34 PM
-->
I should really get around to working on a skill (music, juggling, programming, etc,) rather than just killing time.
Man, I wonder what LSD is like? Bet that'd be cool.
I really don't want to go to school tomorrow... Once I go to bed, by my perspective, school will have begun almost instantaneously. But... If I don't sleep, it's like there's more time between now and school!
I wonder how long I could stay up? I'd probably hit around 2 days and decide it's not worth it any more, yet again. I'd like to see just how dumb I seem at 72 hours, though.
I should really do my homework...

Jason

Student
Local time
-->
LSD is a unique experience. Its not like you see in the movies though. It's a good opportunity to step out of yourself and into a crazy person. Its a worth while experience but to get the most out of it you need supervision and guidance. I think they are using it successfully to treat long term addiction these days.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
If your friend really is a compulsive liar, what she doesn't need is someone abusively exposing her. On the other hand, enabling her lies may save her ego and relieve her anxieties, but what she really needs is medical attention and a clinical evaluation. It's a huge mistake to mistreat a pathological disorder as a deliberate personality trait.

I had a friend in high school who was also a compulsive liar and even though I knew almost everything he was spurting out was completely untrue, I valued him as a friend for when he wasn't lying and when there were actually sparks of sincerity. To some extent, he was entertaining to have around as we joked around a lot. When he was being inappropriate I called him out on it, but otherwise he was okay.

Ah. My post was written in a very harsh tone, rest assured I used the term "friend", and I never wish to cause my friends pain, I am trying to find out for myself wether they are lies, I have no intention of exposing her to the world as a liar, that would be cruel, I don't even have the intention of confronting her about the lies (yet, anyway) I just want some sort of proof for myself, so I can stop doubting myself and, in a weird way, stop doubting her.

Out of curiosity, how did you call him out on it? In my experience that just causes them to panic and lie more, so I hate to do it...

HDINTP

Local time
Today 5:34 AM
-->
Girl which answers all teacher's questions. I couldn't bother to waste my energy for that.

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably

The Black One
Local time
-->
How times have changed since my last thoughts.... I no longer think of calling "that guy", but rather have moved on to finding a man I couldn't be happier with.... except my Ti / Ne (forgive me, my understanding of the individual concepts is limited) keeps telling me to stop investing in emotions and take it all with a grain of sand! He makes me want to feel and that pisses me off!
I'm lost at what comes next, I don't know what boundaries to establish, I don't know how to limit my interest without completely becoming disinterested, which has the potential to happen...
....Sex alone is so much less complicated.

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
-->
I'm currently watching the White Sox game and I was thinking how, for a sport that's been around as long as it has, to hardly ever change at all.

Besides the basic rules, general behavior or baseball swagg has remained a constant since it was invented. An example of this would be the tobacco/gum chewing, arguing with umpires, hitting a hitter with a pitch on purpose, and rituals (of all kinds). Not only has all these things not changed, but doing things differently is frowned upon.

It seems that after generations the same quirks of the game and its players just keep getting recycled. Baseball players are a great example of typical conformers. People in baseball do things in a way that has always been done. The sport itself has had very little innovation and some of the must-changes such as instant replay have just now been implemented.

I've concluded that baseball is unchanging because it the players won't change and MLB as an organization is not changing. Baseball needs more individuals who can actually make strides to improve upon it.

Anyway go Sox!

Synthetix

og root beer
Local time
-->
How I'm going to manage sleep in the next 20 hours

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Ah. My post was written in a very harsh tone, rest assured I used the term "friend", and I never wish to cause my friends pain, I am trying to find out for myself wether they are lies, I have no intention of exposing her to the world as a liar, that would be cruel, I don't even have the intention of confronting her about the lies (yet, anyway) I just want some sort of proof for myself, so I can stop doubting myself and, in a weird way, stop doubting her.
Alright, yea I did perceive it as kinda cruel, but I guess you didn't mean it that way.

Out of curiosity, how did you call him out on it? In my experience that just causes them to panic and lie more, so I hate to do it...
Had to be frank, and not entertain him when he uncontrollably started saying vulgar things and was being annoying. After his lying was acknowledged(without criticism), he calmed down for awhile until he eventually started again.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Alright, yea I did perceive it as kinda cruel, but I guess you didn't mean it that way.

Nope, I didn't. I'm extremely kind most of the time...

Rakshasa

Local time
-->
The ephemeral nature of consciousness vs. the passage of time. Assuming time is the linear progression most people imagine it as, opposed to the imaginary concept. Trying to grasp how time could be perceived as anything else. Theoretical manipulation of time assumes time exists. Anyone wanna link me to something that could help me understand.

Cosmic

Local time
-->
dear ego,
fuck you. why am i such a pussy and wtf was possibly going on in my head that justify rejecting the opportunity to dance yesterday with he who continues to underhandedly give my thoughts and daydreams direction the moment i let my guard down. asghjdglkj gonna watch some cowboy bebop until i find the motivation to finish my chores before this thors day turns to night

Cosmic

Local time
-->
The ephemeral nature of consciousness vs. the passage of time. Assuming time is the linear progression most people imagine it as, opposed to the imaginary concept. Trying to grasp how time could be perceived as anything else. Theoretical manipulation of time assumes time exists. Anyone wanna link me to something that could help me understand.

uhhh spacetime, relativity, radioactive decay, sequence, planck epoch. no links, but all things that can be entertaining to look up on wikipedia if you have hours to kill

Rakshasa

Local time
-->
I was thinking about how I could develop my Introverted Sensing, because it seems like it would be a nice practical skill, and part of the journey to self-actualization. This thought was preceded by some vague desire to develop my Fe, however I cannot, for the life of me, understand why I should want to.

Once I saw this thread I began to think about loneliness. How fickle people are. When my hormones will slow down.

Once I leave this thread I'm back to Si, however. Well, hopefully.

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 3:34 AM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
i was thinking on how i'll never realize my dream...to become a space pirate...sad thing is im serious

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
What's wrong @eagor ? You may still get your chance. You'll just be closer to 50 than 20 before you get the opportunity. Then you'll be a suave grizzled space pirate.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
To the above poster, you may have been thinking of butt pirate. :kilroy:

Right now I'm wondering why college is so tumultuous for my younger sister. She's probably going to slip into some party tonight - the ruckus right above her dorm room may prove irresistible - leaving me to write her paper. :slash new:

I'm also thinking about how weird the brain's functioning and prioritization is. I just played an entire six minute song without really hearing it because I was concentrating on an e-mail.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
To the above poster, you may have been thinking of butt pirate. :kilroy:
I was thinkin' you might have meant butt private ... butt I have no right to interfere with those kind of activities.

Before I came to this thread I was thinkin' I wanted to post something but didn't want to post it which had me feeling regretful. I had most of it thought out before I was fully awake then it disappeared with the events of the day. Why does it have to be these events control me when if I were to kick their butts they would kick me back harder?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 5:34 PM
-->
Whether Lydia has bouncy tits or not. I imagine she does!

Lydia

What?
Local time
-->
Whether Reluctantly should drink Anti-Toxin or not. I imagine him a bacteria!

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
BF3.

My PSN:

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 3:34 AM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
What's wrong @eagor ? You may still get your chance. You'll just be closer to 50 than 20 before you get the opportunity. Then you'll be a suave grizzled space pirate.

thanks i woke up half an hour ago and that just made my day.

oh and snafu i realized that dream years ago...wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
That I want to go outside and plant some sunflower seeds. It may be too early but if they die I have more from last year. I could ask you to come out and watch ... and maybe give me advice but you are too far way and probably don't care that much ...

Aw come on ... give it a try.

HDINTP

Local time
-->
That I want to go outside and plant some sunflower seeds. It may be too early but if they die I have more from last year. I could ask you to come out and watch ... and maybe give me advice but you are too far way and probably don't care that much ...

Aw come on ... give it a try.

Maybe by plane:)

Jaffa

Local time
-->
I'm currently thinking long and hard about cigarettes and how much I would love to have one right now (14 weeks since my last one).

I'm also thinking how much fun trolling illiterate, angry Youtube users is. Especially the religious ones.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
thanks i woke up half an hour ago and that just made my day.

oh and snafu i realized that dream years ago...wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Solid pun. Butt pirates and seamen. Yes, we are children. :phear:

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
After taking a ballroom dancing class will I finally be as good at dancing IRL as I am in my head? Probably not. :slashnew:

Rakshasa

Local time
-->
Thinking about learning how to dance after seeing Cavallier's post... :o

Also thinking about some way to maintain my resolve in my Parkour training. And for that matter, finding a place to do my parkour training. I may start a thread about how INTPs could keep motivated.

7even

Local time
-->
I'm thinking the exact words "What am I thinking about?" - Thinking about thinking, when I'm not thinking... Mind fuck.

Antediluvian

Capitalist logic collides with external wisdom
Local time
-->
If Bertrand Russell were here, he'd be smiling wanly for a reason.

Top Bottom