• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are you "creepy"?

Local time
Today 7:13 AM
-->
I have been called creepy several times and I don't know if it's because of my resting bitch face or my eye brows.

Is this a common thing for people like us?

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
I have been. But not recently. I thought it was because I appear to stare blankly. Or I used to just hang around quietly, I guess. I don't know. Doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Maybe it's because I don't react much and I look weak and shy. And then the hits the fan and I just still don't react I just handle it fine and it doesn't fit the idea that extroverts are confident, introverts are weak. It freaks them out I guess.

I've also been told, "it's those quiet ones like you you wanna watch who end up losing it one day and shooting up a shopping mall or something." And while your watching the quiet ones, the loud ones cut everyone's heads off.

(Edited to correct autocorrect.)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Today 4:13 AM
-->
Terribly.

I can see you.

All of you.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
That would eliminate uncertainty and doubt...

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
*snap*

no, wait! "Can't" or "won't"?!

...dammit.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
A lot of people think I'm weird... different at least.

My best friend thinks I'm creepy.

He see's me in all my glory.. or lack of.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've never been called creepy. I don't think I'm creepy because I never follow others or give them more attention they would deserve, if anything, I often am the first to disengage or ignore others. I might be accused of giving them too little attention or not invest nearly as much as the circumstances would require. I might be edgy, frightening, sharp or weird, but not creepy.

Anyway, the "creepy" is such a pointless meta-label. If you get along with someone you'll never really be "creepy" to them and if you don't it's just used to cover up that they don't enjoy your attention, or it's used to tease or insinuate some egotistic bs that obnoxious people can't get enough of.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
I'm not creepy, I'm epic worthy

Local time
-->
I think "creepy" is the new word for "weird" nowadays, dunno. I think I'm uncultured too now.. lol

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 8:13 AM
-->
I have only heard this term in the context of guys failing miserably with women. Like this one guy a chick told me about, who was friends with her for something like 8 years and then one day pulled his dick out. That is creepy.

But in that context, I believe it is all about how you do things as opposed to what you do. I am sure there was a way for that guy to pull his dick out without being creepy, but he chose the wrong method. Sometimes things just come out creepy. A way to deal with that is, of course, to just always be the one with least investment in every interaction, like Blarraun. But is that optimal? I don't think so. If you have never been creepy, it just means you have never taken risk in social settings.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
I was told I was creepy one time. That was enough for me.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:13 PM
-->
I am sure there was a way for that guy to pull his dick out without being creepy, but he chose the wrong method.

...uh, so what would a "right method" for pulling your dick out be?

Rixus

Local time
-->
I'm assuming when not in a public place. And when they're actually expecting it and hopefully want you to pull it out.

Double standards are in play here, though. Whenever my female friends have start flashing, I just kind of face palm and accept that they're really drunk and need to be taken home. (Taken home in a safe "you need to sleep" way.)

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I've actually wondered whether I'll become creepy by shying away from social interaction. I think by default I'm not, but your mindstate, how you think tend to set itself on your face after a while. Some types of thinking tends to manifest themselves in a default facial expression that might be considered creepy by some as they associate those features with shady behavior. One of my worries is me being exposed to too much negative traits in humans online and start neglecting seeing the positives where I develop a overly pessimistic perspective about others which will be expressed through my default facial expression and/ or behavior in general. Also, I try not to be biased, though you can't really never be biased, but it's still something I think about a lot

I guess I tend to disengage in social settings as well. I tend to not talk if I'm in a group. If there are 2 other people I'm just relieved if they decide to talk so I can remain in the background. For me it's not about taking or not taking a social risk. I tend to know what I'll get out of various social relationships, and it just so happens I don't want to engage most people beyond a very shallow level. I have limited energy for the social, so I'm almost as picky about my social life as I am with partners. I tend to prefer spending my energy on people who share my interests etc to the point where we can just hang out and have fun. I don't meet many people (I don't tend to meet people at all) who are a good fit.

Turnevies

Local time
-->
I believe ones creepiness corresponds largely to others' lack of being able to relate to you (so they can't predict what you think or will do).

And as Tannhauser mentions, in many cases it is when hitting on women. But on the other hand, surpressing your own sexuality entirely won't work either to avoid being creepy, it doesn't make you look balanced either.

Recommendations if you don't want to seem creepy for one reason or another: take a shower once in a while, and plan strategically to behave spontaneously from time to time.

Rixus

Local time
-->
The double standards when hitting on women, though . When the guy from Twilight sneaks into someone's room at night to watch them sleep, it's sweet. When I do it, they call the police .

WhatWasThat

Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
The double standards when hitting on women, though . When the guy from Twilight sneaks into someone's room at night to watch them sleep, it's sweet. When I do it, they call the police .

Yeah a lot of the creepy thing with women seems to be whether they are interested in the guy and whether the attention is undesired or not. I've never been called creepy but I think I've gotten the "this dude is creepy" vibe before, but then I've also had women flirt with me despite me being exact the same person and same personality. Creepy is in the eye of the beholder. :p

Most of my success with women has been a friend of a friend, after hanging out awhile, etc rather than meeting random people at a bar or club. Once you are past small talk the "real" INTP can come out to play. That may weird them out too but at least they are rejecting/accepting the "real you" by that point instead of just witnessing a crazy robot trying to mimic human small talk.

Deleted member 1424

Creepy means you're making people uncomfortable for whatever reason, and quite possibly afraid/anxious/on guard. It's hardly advanced mathematics.

I've never been called creepy, but I have intentionally behaved in such a fashion to get people to piss off, to play with expectations, or to outcreep a creeper.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Obviously, I was kidding about actually stalking. But it does raise the point that creepiness is in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't been called creepy in many years, but I do have an issue with being simply unable to attract anyone. I swear I couldn't attract a paper clip to me if I had a magnet. It's always been the case that I end up being friends with them instead. But I think it could be partly because I rarely meet anyone I'm attracted to, and they're usually unavailable or uninterested but by the time I realise this or even tell them how I feel, it's usually several months. And it's often too late. And I just don't make the first move. Ever. I've been told I'm physically attractive (and on paper, I could describe myself as such quote easily), but lack confidence. I don't know - I tend to look at the evidence and the evidence says I'm not.

Heck, the only real relationship I've had was my ex-wife - and she actually later confessed she'd only been so persistent because she'd had a psychotic illness and was hearing voices telling her I was "the one". So literally, a woman had to be insane to be want to marry me.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 12:13 AM
-->
>Are you "creepy"?

bSuj4O0.jpg

Pegasus

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:13 AM
-->
I've been called creepy because I remember pretty much every detail about a person. Like, I'll remember that they got a 68% on a geometry test in seventh grade, things like that :P That coupled with the fact that I'm pretty good at analyzing people based on little things they don't even realize I notice, leads people to think I'm some sort of stalker:rolleyes:

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 6:13 PM
-->
The good news for all the creepy people is that it's based on uncertainty so isn't necessarily true. Well technically it's subjective so always true... however it isn't necessarily justified or it doesn't mean you are bad just that you have the potential to be. Someone or something is creepy when you have the anxiety of ambiguity of threat. If someone is running at you with a knife they aren't creepy they presumably are terrifying. If someone is doing weird social behaviors that could be a threat but you don't know for sure that's creepy. Being stalked by someone without context is creepy and maybe also scary. Being stalked with full context is either weird scary/fills you with dread/everything else but it's technically no longer creepy. So it's the uncertainty of threat that makes something creepy. At least so says the relevant studies the colloquial usage may have changed. Also men are more likely to be perceived as creepy and females are more likely to see men as creepy so if you are a creepy woman congratulations! You are potentially threatening.

Which is interesting if you read everyone's reason for being called creepy in this thread.

Top Bottom