• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 8:32 AM
-->
I get people confused a lot when they change their avatars. I recognize people much more by face than name.
I take avatars to be a very personal thing, it's like how you're representing your internal thoughts and attitude, finding a picture that embodies that
Big deal. It's nice. I like it.
Having taste in the genuineness of aesthetics is something I find respectable in people..? Maybe because I'm an artist, I value being able to put internal feelings and swirls of things into a visual picture.

I like it when people have similarly themed avatars

People who keep their avatars and have a certain voice tend to stick in my mind most, like Anime, Jenny, and Nanook
Rixus i remember it's u when I read a bit, also I associate you with the color orange

Hado u have a grandma feel

I'll always remember the mutant elephant baby avatar

As long as you feel your avatar is representing your internal state of being I think it's cool
I'd like to understand other avatar motives tho? Share ur perspectacles
-

Title: Lactose bothers me, I bother me, I bother other people, and it's been on my mind because I keep wanting ice cream
-

Is there a reoccurring theme in my avatars?

-
Unrelated but I don't know where to post this haha

people_who_have_incriminated_themselves_on_facebook_640_05.jpg

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 11:32 PM
-->
nebulous can u stop editing

i wish to respond

~

thanks

~

maybe i should change my avatar

Nebulous

Local time
-->
nebulous can u stop editing

i wish to respond

~

thanks

~

maybe i should change my avatar

Your avatar is Good
It suits u

Is the text on mine legible?

It's great

I remember you as the cool guy with the nice black cat avatar in that Mafia game

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 10:02 PM
-->
I tend to use avatars to explore something. Usually it's propriety (present one excluded).

I feel very differently to you Neb. While you say you think avatars should represent something about internal state, I find such pretense sort of disgusting. No offense to people that try to represent themselves or what the aspire to with their avatars, it's more that I don't do it because I would feel like I was trying to manage my public image.

So the way I choose avatars tends towards being a response to perceived pretense, even if this isn't that conscious. I guess that could be interpreted as trying to communicate an exploratory outlook or sense of humor? Probably helps to have an avatar that breaks social norms so as not to get categorised as a conformist when I enforce them (as moderator). What a hypocrite.

I find it very interesting why people choose the avatars they do. There's a big meme about people who use pictures of anything but themselves on social media as being socially crippled, and I think there's some truth to that (I find it very difficult to find appropriate pics for such things). Obviously that doesn't apply here, but I still think you can tell a lot about a person by what they try to say about themselves, and it's not always the thing they're trying to say.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 11:32 PM
-->
Your avatar is Good
It suits u

Is the text on mine legible?

It's great

I remember you as the cool guy with the nice black cat avatar in that Mafia game

hard to tell how it's received most of the time and perhaps needlessly i sometimes am concerned that it makes people automatically respond as though i'm not being serious when i am.

that nice black cat was my cat shadow, he is indeed a nice black cat

unless my eyesight is really bad and it's not hitler's dog in your avatar, i think the text is legible.

usually i just pick something that i think is pleasant to look at. either because it's humorous, looks cool or just reminds me of something i like. i generally don't care to represent my 'inner self' through an avatar but every now and then i stumble upon something that does it well enough that i use it for a while

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
Today 12:32 PM
-->
I get people confused a lot when they change their avatars. I recognize people much more by face than name.
I take avatars to be a very personal thing, it's like how you're representing your internal thoughts and attitude, finding a picture that embodies that...

What's this about avatars 0.o

-Simply, I changed mine because Polaris (@Ursa Minor) drew my attention to a constellation which bears a double significance for me.
As you know by now, I'm raven-mad, and also enjoy considering space objects.

Corvus is right next to the constellation of 'Virgo' in the sky where, according to the 'tropical zodiac' at least, there was a planetary alignment at the time of my birth (yep, I know tropical 'Virgo' is mostly in sidereal-aka-actual 'Leo', GJ astrology).

-My last avatar, evil 'Twilight Sparkle' was an satanic version of the My Little Pony character, which a quiz informed me was the pony that I was most akin to.

-I'll stick with the birdy theme so not to confuse folks.

the_raven_by_luisbc-d5yhksj.gif

As long as you feel your avatar is representing your internal state of being I think it's cool

What, like this?
Internal state of being
[bimgx=200]https://askabiologist.asu.edu/sites/default/files/resources/articles/history_biology/Human-dissection.jpg[/bimgx]

Title: Lactose bothers me, I bother me, I bother other people, and it's been on my mind because I keep wanting ice cream

Lactose bothers me too.
I don't care for ice-cream however.
Having said that, I do rather enjoy cherry sorbet.

delicious cherry sorbet
[bimgx=200]http://www.skinnytaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cherry-sorbet-550x825.jpg[/bimgx]

Nebulous

Local time
-->
^ yum.
-

Lady Loki suits my current mood and idealized view of self.

Top Bottom