• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Desktop screenshot

*Stabbity*

Local time
Today 3:46 AM
-->

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 9:46 AM
-->
Oh yes, this thread is needed ;)

Here's mine. The background varies from time to time, but that is my favourite. It's a Debian Linux (Etch) with fvwm-crystal as window manager. It's a bit minimalistic, and i like it that way. (The thing at the top left is just a terminal sized down with mplayer playing a radio stream).

BTW, Stabbity, what is your wm? Some *box right? Fluxbox? (I used for some time blackbox).

Ogion

EDIT: Oh, right, the file is with 300k a bit too big. I look for a better hosting ;)
EDIT2: Ok, link below.

http://picpaste.de/screenshot_ogion.png

spockguy

Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Shit, compared to you two (and most in general) my desktop is a tangled cluster-fuck of folders and files.
As shown here:
sgasdfg.jpg

wowwtf.jpg

Eh.. Photoalbum screwed up the res of the images, supposed to be 720p, or 1280x720, but oh well, it shall suffice.

*Stabbity*

Local time
-->
Oh yes, this thread is needed ;)

Here's mine. The background varies from time to time, but that is my favourite. It's a Debian Linux (Etch) with fvwm-crystal as window manager. It's a bit minimalistic, and i like it that way. (The thing at the top left is just a terminal sized down with mplayer playing a radio stream).

BTW, Stabbity, what is your wm? Some *box right? Fluxbox? (I used for some time blackbox).

Ogion

EDIT: Oh, right, the file is with 300k a bit too big. I look for a better hosting ;)
EDIT2: Ok, link below.

http://picpaste.de/screenshot_ogion.png

Yep. It's OpenBox. I love it. If I had the patience to do a FVWM config I'd do Ikaro's. It's uber sweet.

Raku

Local time
-->
http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08421/2008-10-13_1280x800_scrot633.png

Xmonad on a gentoo box.

Really like how you can just script everything together. I like working in the terminal. Browser is on another desktop, but that's pretty boring. Everything is keyboard controlled, including firefox (with vimperator). I really only need to use the mouse like a couple of times a day. During a coding streak I hardly use it at all.

I'm still deciding on the color scheme for vim though , since it's not that easy on the eyes after a while.

*Stabbity*

Local time
-->
http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08421/2008-10-13_1280x800_scrot633.png

Xmonad on a gentoo box.

Really like how you can just script everything together. I like working in the terminal. Browser is on another desktop, but that's pretty boring. Everything is keyboard controlled, including firefox (with vimperator). I really only need to use the mouse like a couple of times a day. During a coding streak I hardly use it at all.

I'm still deciding on the color scheme for vim though , since it's not that easy on the eyes after a while.

Nice.

Keybindings for the win. I've been meaning to try out Xmonad, DWN or Awesome due to this exact reason. Keyboard nav.

I usually use grays, oranges, and blues for my VIM colorschemes.

This is a fresh install since I went with a vanilla kernel. I'll post it once I redo it.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 9:46 AM
-->
I am not enough of a freak (meant as a compliment, not an offense ;)) to completely (like Raku) use the keyboard, but it sometimes doeos seems appealing to me. (Especially vimperator i for some time intended to use, but then was too much of a coward and lazy :p).

Tabbity: Keyboard-control for navigation and such isn't just available in tiling wms?! In fvwm for example you could regulate pretty much with keyboard, probably every window manager action possible.
Some examples from my fvwmconfig:
Key F1 A M Exec exec xterm -bg black -fg white +sb -cr green -ls
Key x A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc toggle > /dev/null
Key y A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc prev > /dev/null
Key c A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc stop > /dev/null
Key v A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc next > /dev/null
Key period A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc volume +5> /dev/null
Key comma A M Exec exec /usr/bin/mpc volume -5> /dev/null
Key F2 A M Exec exec /usr/bin/gmrun
Key N A M Exec exec xterm -e ncmpc
These are for program control, but there are tons of possibilities of other uses. Of course this means long hours before other peoples fvwmconfigs and the man fvwm :-D

Ogion

EDIT: Key F1 A M is a definition for Alt-F1 on All contexts (window, background etc.)

*Stabbity*

Local time
-->
I am not enough of a freak (meant as a compliment, not an offense ;)) to completely (like Raku) use the keyboard, but it sometimes doeos seems appealing to me. (Especially vimperator i for some time intended to use, but then was too much of a coward and lazy :p).

Tabbity: Keyboard-control for navigation and such isn't just available in tiling wms?! In fvwm for example you could regulate pretty much with keyboard, probably every window manager action possible.
Some examples from my fvwmconfig:

These are for program control, but there are tons of possibilities of other uses. Of course this means long hours before other peoples fvwmconfigs and the man fvwm :-D

Ogion

EDIT: Key F1 A M is a definition for Alt-F1 on All contexts (window, background etc.)

Vimperator is sweet. Glad to see that you enjoy it. Next, I'll post my work pc's desktop.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
Today 4:46 AM
-->
I'll pull a pic out of somewhere/// I just went on vacation, and then got homework-raped... no forum time... =(

lucazin

Local time
-->
PIP PIP PIP...charge! PIP PIP PIP...charge! Congratulations people, our man is back.

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 10:46 AM
-->

Venture

Banned
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
I keep my desktop organized, tidy, clean, and plain

I really don't like backround wallpapers.

DS-1.jpg

Kokoro

Local time
-->
I keep most of the sub folders(folders around the boarder) as organized as possible all the time. However, the middle is always changing; various projects and "to do" things sit there as well as in my bookmarks until completion and categorization. And yes, the matrix code constantly scrolls in the background.

[BIMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/crossXsniper/Bilderman200909198-03-37PM.png[/BIMG]

Venture

Banned
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
I keep most of the sub folders(folders around the boarder) as organized as possible all the time. However, the middle is always changing; various projects and "to do" things sit there as well as in my bookmarks until completion and categorization. And yes, the matrix code constantly scrolls in the background.

[BIMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/crossXsniper/Bilderman200909198-03-37PM.png[/BIMG]

I really do not like your desktop, I purposely keep all of my folders, in the documents.

I can't stand a desktop with a real backround

Kokoro

Local time
-->
I really do not like your desktop, I purposely keep all of my folders, in the documents.

That would be like looking through a unorganized library every time I wanted a specific folder or file, way to crowded. This way, I have a "Dewey decimal" system of sorts, vastly speeding up the finding process.

So Long So Long

' let's grow up and blow away
Local time
-->

So Long So Long

Local time
-->
Where is that dock from?

I'd rather see it displayed there instead of wasting more memory with the Task Manager up, unless it's not optional to only have that displayed.

I'm running Enigma on Rainmeter. Link

And yeah, you can only have that displayed. You can have as many configs or as little configs as you want up.

So Long So Long

Local time
-->
Wow,that wallpaper is beautiful.

I might even steal it for an avatar. :p

EDIT: Scratch that,I'm stealing it! :D

I searched high and low for that wallpaper, so I'm glad you like it.

Also, steal away!

Top Bottom