• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

TrueSense

TrueSense
Local time
Today 12:00 AM
-->
Hello.

To save time, I will repost the original questions I answered in the sticky after my introduction.

First of all... I am
Now that this is out of the way we may continue.

So I have recently had my IQ and Personality type and multitude of other factors tested by the military in hopes of finding out why I was despressed, only to find that I had no depression and am wasting away getting stale in my current position.

I have always known I was different, more logical and rational than those around me, and simply assumed that being introverted allowed me more time than others to process all the thoughts running through my brain. I guess not.

Anyway long story short, I became interested in the results of all the tests and trying to talk to other people about it they get emotionally offended I find, I assume they think I'm trying to tell them I'm smarter or better than them, when really I just want to talk about it with someone. And well, yeah I guess I'm somewhat proud to find out I'm supposed to be a hermit and my distaste for being around others and wanting to work alone is a natural trait for how I'm built. lol.

Anyway, I'm into physics, psychology, programming, and trying to create just about anything. I'll stop here cause I can type all day.

Sooo....Nice to meet you! :D

What is your name?

My name is Regg.

Where are you from?

I am from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

How old are you?

I am 33.

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?

I am in the military and after going to the doctor about a sore back, the doctor mentioned chronic back pain being linked with depression and sent me to see a shrink.

After about 10hrs of testing and a few days of talking to the shrink, he said I was not depressed at all. Rather my trade was not satisfying any of the needs of my personality which was INTP. There is much more to this story however I believe this is enough to satisfy the completion of this question.

How did you find out about this forum?

Google. I've decided to explore more about INTP, and meet with other INTP people. Since INTP only makes up approximently 3% of the population, the chances of me finding others in my daily life are very slim.

Do you have a partner/lover?

Yes

Do you have any kids?

I have one adopted daughter

Do you have any pets?

I have a Golden Retriever named Luna

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:00 AM
-->
Welcome aboard. You're lucky to have had doctors smart enough to connect all the dots and get you squared away. You're in the right place, as you'll see.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:00 PM
-->
Hi there, nice to have you around (:

TrueSense

TrueSense
Local time
-->
Thank you, glad to be here.
And I was quite suprised that my sore back lead to this conclusion as well. However, they still haven't done anything about my back yet lol.

Btw, I enjoy this icon. :cthulhu:

After educating myself on INTP traits, I begin to wonder if a previous diagnosing of A.D.D was wrong and it was the traits of INTP that were present ( I was tested 4 years ago by the military for A.D.D and put on meds).

However either way the medication most certainly ramps up my thinking process into hyperdrive, so I think I'll keep running with it. haha

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:00 AM
-->
What if you're ADD and not INTP?

-platon

TrueSense

TrueSense
Local time
-->
I thought about that as well, but there are many traits of ADD that I don't seem to have. And the only reason my career wasn't in jepordy was because my ADD was not a problem even without medication therefor I could still be deployed.

When they said I had ADD, it was basically because they could not figure out anything else at the time that would fit the traits that I expressed. And even then there was some conflicting opinions.

It is entirely possible however I don't believe it is likely since the shrink that told me I was INTP was (conveniently) specialized in A.D.D as his main focus.

Another option is that I actually am both an INTP personality and a minor case of A.D.D.

I don't have the qualifications nesecary to make that call for myself, but I will educate myself further to deal with this when I get home. I have psycology books at home I haven't read yet dealing with behaviour psychology and maybe I can come up with some theories.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 3:00 PM
-->
Welcome

Jared Landon

Local time
Today 3:00 AM
-->
Hey man, do you still live on Vancouver Island? I'm hoping to meet other INTP people.

Top Bottom