• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I hate to be INTP

Riot

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
-->
Who I am?

Is that really important? Does that matter?
I'm invisible passenger. I'm stranger who does belong to nothing, to infinity.
I'm one tiny light that will turn off and stop shining forever in the next moment.
I can't change antything, I don't have control, and it frustrate me and make me so anger.

I'm female, 21y, web design student, and I stuck because of my mental health problems. I'm tipical example of stupid intp.
And to be honest, I hate that I'm intp. From all personality types, this is the top one of most deppresed, lonely and weirdo one.
I hate my pessimism, negativism, nihilizm, passive and unhealty, aggresive personality.
I hate my low self esteem and poor self image. (Most of the time I feel like Thirion from GOT, some creepy feature. and sometime like unloved Stanis :D )
I hate chronical feeling of alienation, isolation, TERRIBLE social skills. Most of the time my mind is just blind and I don't know what to say. Im too preocupated to what others think about me.
I dont have focus and i give up too fast from my decisions. I cant make long term habbit i stop after 2 days ahaha.
I have social anxiety, depression... in the last time i think that i have aspenger sindrome..(or maybe bordeline disorder)....but i must take tests...and im bisexual also...prefer girls more.
I havent got any special talents, Im bad at everything.
I have terrible logic and terrible problem solver.

I hate my life. I hate all people.
I hate my bad english.
Im just stupid.
Its fairytail that all intp are genius.

''Being different doesn't make you usefull''

baccheion

Local time
Yesterday 11:21 PM
-->
Who I am?

I'm one tiny light that will turn off and stop shining forever in the next moment.
I can't change antything, I don't have control, and it frustrate me and make me so anger.

I'm female, 21y, web design student, and I stuck because of my mental health problems. I'm tipical example of stupid intp.
And to be honest, I hate that I'm intp. From all personality types, this is the top one of most deppresed, lonely and weirdo one.
I hate my pessimism, negativism, nihilizm, passive and unhealty, aggresive personality.
I hate my low self esteem and poor self image. (Most of the time I feel like Thirion from GOT, some creepy feature. and sometime like unloved Stanis :D )
I hate chronical feeling of alienation, isolation, TERRIBLE social skills. Most of the time my mind is just blind and I don't know what to say. Im too preocupated to what others think about me.
I dont have focus and i give up too fast from my decisions. I cant make long term habbit i stop after 2 days ahaha.
I have social anxiety, depression... in the last time i think that i have aspenger sindrome..(or maybe bordeline disorder)....but i must take tests...and im bisexual also...prefer girls more.

I hate my bad english.
Im just stupid.

Meditation, brainwave entrainment audio, reading, health & nutrition, a multivitamin stack, nootropics, iodine protocol, exercise/HIIT, fix any nutrient deficiencies (nutrient tests like NutrEval, a comprehensive hormone panel, a thyroid panel, and maybe even genetic testing; many are deficient in vitamin D and magnesium), figure out what you enjoy doing, learn new things, find new projects, self-help tapes, etc.

If it is something more serious as you said (asperger's, borderline, etc), then I don't know.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 4:21 AM
-->
personally, I'm curious about all new people here
From all personality types, this is the top one of most deppresed, lonely and weirdo one.
not true, all T dominant are equally prone to depression, ISTJs are probably the most anti-social and Ne-dominant are the weirdest. So it's not so bad to be INTP. It's only a matter of your limited perspective.
my mental health problems
everyone here has some mental problems xD
21y, web design student,
that's good

Welcome to the forum

EDIT: one more thing, the longer you live, the more you want to live

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 8:21 PM
-->
Only money matters, looks hardly do, and personality certainly doesn't. And money hardly matters either. Ego is pretty important, to an extent.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 1:21 PM
-->
You're quite good at complaining. :)

Your English is good as I could understand everything you said. You made a few spelling and grammatical errors but it really didn't inhibit the meaning of what you were saying. With more practice you will notice those mistakes and correct them over time.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Only money matters, looks hardly do, and personality certainly doesn't. And money hardly matters either. Ego is pretty important, to an extent.
What if it's a woman, as it seems is the case with the OP?

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Who I am?

I hate my bad english.
Im just stupid.

All so true. I have no answers. Just imagine I patted you on the shoulder. There, there...

Your English is okay and I think your introduction was beautifully put, if that consoles you in any way. I know it doesn't.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 5:21 PM
-->
Who I am?

Aren't we all passengers though? Control is really an illusion. Yeah, some people seem to be in control, but then you take a closer look at their lives and find they succeed by fighting through struggles. They appear in control, but have to fight to succeed; that doesn't sound like true control to me.

Anyway, if it's any consolation, people like you have a lot more character than your average "appear to be in control" joe. It takes a pretty unique individual to deal with being different and rise above it. People with character are compelling. Being in control is boring anyway.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 12:21 PM
-->
I read up to "im 21" then went straight down here to type up this comment.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I hate to be.

Oh yeah? Well I hate to

On topic. INTPs aren’t really worse off or better off than other types. If it really bugs you though, you can try using your intuition more. Spend less time analysing experiences and more exploring. Really helps to pull you out of a funk.

Reading more of your post... Yeah, you REALLY need to exercise that extraverted intuition. I’m probably bias as hell though, being an Entp. Introverted thinking on its own just seems doomed to be depressive honestly lol.

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
I know another intp who sometimes feels like that.
The solution is most clear from the outside.

it is insufficient to feel self-loathing at your flaws
it makes all the difference to practice self-acceptance enough to make meaningful change

problem is too much self-acceptance makes one not care to change anymore

then it's a cycle that starts again with self-loathing.

The solution is to care enough about yourself to make small changes become permanent. Especially changes in thinking. Results take sometimes 1y, 5y, 10years so you can't deviate from the strategy just because you don't get results overnight. That's what intellectually lazy and incompetent people do.

moody

Local time
-->
I can understand, in a very similar boat; It's hard when you don't quite fit into a label. People are a lot less inclusive or empathetic to any observabe roadblocks you have. Medical problems only further complicate it. If it helps, just keep in mind that you don't owe anyone an explanation about yourself. Things may be the way they are, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. I find it quite offending when I'm called a pessimist. Next person who does, just tell them your baseline standards of acceptable are just higher than their.

moody

Local time
-->
I know another intp who sometimes feels like that.
The solution is most clear from the outside.

it is insufficient to feel self-loathing at your flaws
it makes all the difference to practice self-acceptance enough to make meaningful change

problem is too much self-acceptance makes one not care to change anymore

then it's a cycle that starts again with self-loathing.

The solution is to care enough about yourself to make small changes become permanent. Especially changes in thinking. Results take sometimes 1y, 5y, 10years so you can't deviate from the strategy just because you don't get results overnight. That's what intellectually lazy and incompetent people do.

Dang. That's really well said. I've noticed in this forum a stark similarity between all, but particularly between those at the same maturity level. It's like we're all on the same path, just at different places. Pretty neat.

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
You don't have to accept the INTP stereotype.
I'm strong, i bite, i will beat the crap out of you if you want to start a fight, i take what i what i think i need and i can say no to any request that's wrong.
You just have to practice it.
But you need to know what YOU WANT.
As long as you are just looking around, uncertain, you won't have the self-esteem to define a space for yourself.
Maybe you are just looking around and that's totally okay.
And there's nothing to be afraid about.
On every thing in the world there's at least 100 opinions.

moody

Local time
-->
Who I am?

Your username says "riot." So you are "Riot." There you go!

Something becomes important when you care about it. Simple as that. If you don't care about something, then it just isn't important.
You are anything you think and do. Something that can describe you is only ever one part of who you are, and does not define you. Don't try to define yourself, just leave yourself alone and keep moving.

Sometimes this happens to us in life due to circumstance. It's horribly oppressing, and can make us react in insane ways. I'm really sorry to hear that. Try to develop something that is your own, even if it's meditating. I could talk to you more about it with you, if you wanted.

I can relate. I have untranslatable health problems that effect how I am able to feel every single minute of the day. I've been in some...not fun....places due to the symptoms.
The best advice I can give is to give yourself patience and kindness. You have to be kind to yourself, otherwise you're just not going to last long.

You're problems are not due to being an INTP.

I don't really believe in stupidity. Anxiety and paranoia cripple your ability to reason and drastically effect your ability to task manage, problem solve, focus, etc. Most people I know who have a hard time with all of this are extremely anxious people, and have fairly low self-esteem.

Our brains can't multi-task: if you're consumed with thoughts of self-depreciation that you can't control, you're never going to be able to problem-solve. If you can't problem solve, you're always oging to be depressed, lonely, and think of yourself as weird.

Pessimism is a choice, and pessimistic reasoning is often very short-sighted. It's hard not to be pessimistic when you feel as though you have no control of your situation or of yourself due to mental health issues. The only way to start working through this is to cut yourself some slack.

Last year, someone told me that it wasn't normal I disliked myself so much nor was it normal that I just didn't enjoy anything. After that and some other eye-opening interactions, I realized that self-respect is something you have to give yourself in order to survive. This seems stupid, but it actually really helped when I was ordered by someone to keep track of the things I did by writing them down. Having something written can help prove your self-worth to yourself.

This is where anxiety and paranoia cripples your ability to respond. You can't socialize when you're worried about yourself the entire time. I know it's scary, but try to only thing about the other person and what they are saying. Don't dwell on your mannerisms, what you say, or your anxiety.

Just do it; stop thinking about things and just do them.

Don't freak yourself out with any diagnoses that are tentative. Not worth it; just keep adjusting to yourself, and go one day at a time.

I hate my bad english.
Im just stupid.

It starts with not hating yourself. Which is hard, but so what? You're not helping anybody until you can help yourself. Your English is perfectly legible.

You must be. Only someone stupid would call themselves stupid; it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you can't even trust yourself to do anything, how can you get anything done? How could you even think rationally if you won't trust yourself to think?

You think you're different? Only if you say you are. People are so multi-fauceted that it's redunant to try and categorize people based off of how "different" you are.

lightfire

Local time
Yesterday 10:21 PM
-->
Being INTP isn't like a medical diagnosis ffs.

Being aware of your flaws is step 1, either embrace it or do something about it.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
Why is everyone continuing to respond to this person? They have literally one post, the OP for this thread. You're effectively throwing your words out into the wind.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
did baccheion suggest multivitamins and nootropics as the solution to existential angst? I'm shocked :p

anyways.. there's no value in being INTP when you're young. It's a long-term investment. Eventually you'll start seeing how lack of introspection and thoughtfulness eventually catches up to people.

baccheion

Local time
-->
did baccheion suggest multivitamins and nootropics as the solution to existential angst? I'm shocked :p

anyways.. there's no value in being INTP when you're young. It's a long-term investment. Eventually you'll start seeing how lack of introspection and thoughtfulness eventually catches up to people.
Pessimism, depression, etc. All nutrition-related problems. Probably has low vitamin D, for example. The rest indicate a need for meditation, reflection, search for solutions, and a shedding of the BS mumbled by others.

Meditate don't ruminate. The latter repeats rather than converges, especially when in a negative/stalled state of mind.

The entire description sounded like high norepinephrine/epinephrine/NMDA/acetylcholine.

8n the other hand, there was nothing deeper when I wrote such things. I was just writing/dumping.

Fades with time, either way.

JohnnyLawrence

Local time
-->
Introverted intuitives are a minority among our species

We live in an extroverted sensor world. They not only shape popular culture but popular culture is often shaped to suit them in order to market it to the largest consumer group

Extroverted sensors look like they were given an instruction manual from birth that we we'ren't given! They seem to instinctively know how to dress and act cool and how to mix in with the crowd and be liked. Sociability is their strength

I wasted a lot of my youth trying to be that. I drank too much to be social and i did manage to make friends but when i sobered up i realised i had nothing in common with them!

I think the key is to take the things you perceive to be your weakness and turn them into your strength. Who needs lots of friends anyway? I personally couldn't spare the time or energy to have lots of friends! I'd rather have one or two good ones. Extroverted sensors build their lives around other people but introverted intuitives have interests which often take up a lot of their time and effort and therefore can't maintain large social networks (besides its exhausting!)

I no longer waste anytime trying to conform to anything that society expects. I simply do what i want to do when i want to do it and i've been much happier living that way. To get away from annoying people i work for myself and its great! I'm my own boss

I wouldn't look at popular culture whether its movies or pop music videos and think that you are somehow lesser for not fitting into the norms portrayed in them. Find the things you enjoy doing and pursue them, express yourself authentically and let the chips fall where they may

I like INTP's the only problem i see with them is that they don't listen to INFJ's enough

rofl

lightfire

Local time
-->
That's because INFJs are the devils spawn.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Introverted intuitives are a minority among our species

We live in an extroverted sensor world. They not only shape popular culture but popular culture is often shaped to suit them in order to market it to the largest consumer group

Extroverted sensors look like they were given an instruction manual from birth that we we'ren't given! They seem to instinctively know how to dress and act cool and how to mix in with the crowd and be liked. Sociability is their strength

I wasted a lot of my youth trying to be that. I drank too much to be social and i did manage to make friends but when i sobered up i realised i had nothing in common with them!

I think the key is to take the things you perceive to be your weakness and turn them into your strength. Who needs lots of friends anyway? I personally couldn't spare the time or energy to have lots of friends! I'd rather have one or two good ones. Extroverted sensors build their lives around other people but introverted intuitives have interests which often take up a lot of their time and effort and therefore can't maintain large social networks (besides its exhausting!)

I no longer waste anytime trying to conform to anything that society expects. I simply do what i want to do when i want to do it and i've been much happier living that way. To get away from annoying people i work for myself and its great! I'm my own boss

I wouldn't look at popular culture whether its movies or pop music videos and think that you are somehow lesser for not fitting into the norms portrayed in them. Find the things you enjoy doing and pursue them, express yourself authentically and let the chips fall where they may

I like INTP's the only problem i see with them is that they don't listen to INFJ's enough

rofl
By introverted intuitives you must mean introverts who are N, as it could also refer to "introverted intuition", which is Ni, and not Ne. INTP has Ne (extraverted intuition) instead, unless you're referring to the socionics system in which INTp refers to INTJ. Ni is actually Se since it's on the same axis.
So it's a matter of lead Ni against lead Se making the difference. However, there isn't really that much of one except in terms of the person's interests which could affect their personality. Otherwise, "introverted intuition" and extraverted sensing are the same thing, and the only different between Ne, which INTP has, and Ni, which is INTP's sixth function, in the lead users, is a matter of time.
Introverted intuition is one of the most common functions because it is Se, and there are a lot of ESFPs out there, with inferior Ni.

JohnnyLawrence

Local time
-->

well if you believed that everyone who said they were an INFJ actually was an INFJ then they'd probably be the biggest MBTI group!

People who aren't INFJ's but say they are INFJ's can be heard saying such things as ''INFJ's aren't rare, in fact they are really common. I know lots of INFJ's''

hmmm....

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

well if you believed that everyone who said they were an INFJ actually was an INFJ then they'd probably be the biggest MBTI group!

People who aren't INFJ's but say they are INFJ's can be heard saying such things as ''INFJ's aren't rare, in fact they are really common. I know lots of INFJ's''

hmmm....
It’s Se that’s common, which is connected to Ni (dom Se is inferior Ni, so it is the same thing).

JohnnyLawrence

Local time
-->
I think INTP's have a unique experience

if you're an INTP and you've had your struggles in life because of being......different from say the extroverted sensors then you might find it a bit annoying if someone comes along and claims to be an INTP when you can tell from listening to them that they are clearly not and that the descriptors they give of their experience do not in anyway match your own

if they then go on to say INTP's are really common that can be a bit annoying because it's like ''if they were really common then maybe life would have run a bit smoother!''

You know what i mean?

if INTP's made up say 40% of the population life would be pretty darn easy!

That's how i feel about people mistyping as INFJ. Some people also question ''i'm not sure if i'm an INFJ or not'' and i sit there thinking ''if you were an INFJ you'd know about it!'' and i feel that INTP's would feel the same way about that in the same situation

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I want to expand more on this but am busy. Some things might get more obvious with time or exposure, whatever your shtick is, as I’ve been noticing a lot of ENTPs lately, as well as INTPs, which are more rare than ENTP. I’ve also been seeing a lot of INFJs, males, that is, recently as well, so part of it is the spirit of the times and the other part is individual skill in being able to differentiate between matrices.

JohnnyLawrence

Local time
-->
I want to expand more on this but am busy. Some things might get more obvious with time or exposure, whatever your shtick is, as I’ve been noticing a lot of ENTPs lately, as well as INTPs, which are more rare than ENTP. I’ve also been seeing a lot of INFJs, males, that is, recently as well, so part of it is the spirit of the times and the other part is individual skill in being able to differentiate between matrices.

when you say that you are seeing them do you mean they are people that you believe are those types from their behaviour or that they are people claiming to be that type and do you mean online or offiline?

if you are seeing more types online how do you know they aren't the same people with different usernames?

ENTP's love a debate and INFJ's are very curious and want to guage other peoples feelings so i guess some types will gravitate to online forums where they are able to thrash out ideas in an informal setting

Online you don't have that awkwardness of going into a room of people and then dealing with all the extra stimuli. You can simply deal with the text on the page so it simplifies things a bit and some types will be more attracted to that than others and offline most people simply don't want to discuss certain topics that are otherwise acceptable to discuss online

Offline people keep discussion very safe and i find that boring. I also cannot be fecked with small talk. I wanna dig down to the heart of the issue!

Curlijessi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
what helped me was Yoga ( all forms) gets you out of your head. Finding an activity you like. For example a sport or working out. Finding topics you like to read about. Read books on loving yourself or self help. It sounds cheesy and stupid but we are good at reading and understanding concepts, so that may actually help. Just find one that makes sense and is somewhat logical in its presentation. I cant give any examples because I have read very specific books and most are Christian. This might even sound stupid but reading books by C.S. Lewis. He was a super logical christian and I love how he writes and thinks. Keep an open mind! Thats actually a strength of INTP.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
So, OP hasn't been on this forum for half a year; I think it's safe to assume she won't see any of these posts. Thus, this is addressed to any depressed INTPs out there (a significant portion of the total INTP population, it seems).

Obviously, I can't provide anything specific without knowing the specifics of the depressed INTP's life, but, assuming the person is typed correctly, the top two functions are Ti-Ne. According to this internet person, Ti by itself can lead to depression and the auxiliary Ne is needed to balance it out.

Ways to improve Ne:

-Explore many new hobbies and interests; you don't have to settle on one
-Cultivate creativity with activities like photography, painting, sculpting, music, writing, gardening, etc.
-Get out of your comfort zone; shake up your routine

How well does this actually work? Shrug. That's for you to test. I do know, though, that, as a previously depressed INTJ, working on my own auxiliary (Te) by setting goals and working towards them, achieving things in the real world, etc. succeeded in breaking me out. Mere correlation, or is there a causation there?

lightfire

Local time
-->
Sometimes people just add to a conversation whether the OP is available or not.

hmmm....
It’s Se that’s common, which is connected to Ni (dom Se is inferior Ni, so it is the same thing).

When people like the OP say, "OHMYGIAIAISOD being INTP is like DA WUUURST ITZ ruInG My LYYYF" Like stfu, stop stuffing yourself into a tiny box.

Here's my understanding of the functions btw:

Ti - Gather information (who doesn't), finding shortcuts, ability to spot inconsistencies, thinking outside the box

Te - Seeking order on the external environment to see streamlined results, plans and goals, red tape style thinking, rules and regulations

Fi - Inner value system, right and wrong, morals, analysis of emotions, empathy

Fe - Social norms, awareness. Everyone seeks social interaction. Fight me.

Si - Detail oriented. Categorize facts/memories inside our minds. Can't we all be nostalgic or remember things from time to time? Hence brain inside of head.

Se - The present moment and enjoying it. Aesthetics, beauty, art, games/video games, nice things, we all value something depending to our own individual tastes and personalities.

Ni - How conclusions are formed, piecing occurrences/fact/fiction/events/knowledge together to form a singular theory of some sort.

Ne - Thought brainstorming, idea creator, multiple possibilities, business ideas, debating, many plans instead of one.

I relate to pretty much all the functions, and mbti is seeming more horoscopish to me lately. I do like this forum though, it has cool people.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
@lightfire
Link paste; I think this explains the functions fairly well and I don't feel like typing it out/summarizing.

Pretty sure I'm INTJ from functions, but you do you (i.e. it's not as if you need to have a self-defined type to function as a human being. I just use it as a model for personal development). I'm also here for the forum discussions. (on top of that, from what I've gathered through cursory internet research, the mods at intjforum went crazy, banned everyone not in their inner circle, and made the forum private. There hasn't really been a replacement)

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
Who I am?

Your username says "riot." So you are "Riot." There you go!

Something becomes important when you care about it. Simple as that. If you don't care about something, then it just isn't important.
You are anything you think and do. Something that can describe you is only ever one part of who you are, and does not define you. Don't try to define yourself, just leave yourself alone and keep moving.

Sometimes this happens to us in life due to circumstance. It's horribly oppressing, and can make us react in insane ways. I'm really sorry to hear that. Try to develop something that is your own, even if it's meditating. I could talk to you more about it with you, if you wanted.

I can relate. I have untranslatable health problems that effect how I am able to feel every single minute of the day. I've been in some...not fun....places due to the symptoms.
The best advice I can give is to give yourself patience and kindness. You have to be kind to yourself, otherwise you're just not going to last long.

You're problems are not due to being an INTP.

I don't really believe in stupidity. Anxiety and paranoia cripple your ability to reason and drastically effect your ability to task manage, problem solve, focus, etc. Most people I know who have a hard time with all of this are extremely anxious people, and have fairly low self-esteem.

Our brains can't multi-task: if you're consumed with thoughts of self-depreciation that you can't control, you're never going to be able to problem-solve. If you can't problem solve, you're always oging to be depressed, lonely, and think of yourself as weird.

Pessimism is a choice, and pessimistic reasoning is often very short-sighted. It's hard not to be pessimistic when you feel as though you have no control of your situation or of yourself due to mental health issues. The only way to start working through this is to cut yourself some slack.

Last year, someone told me that it wasn't normal I disliked myself so much nor was it normal that I just didn't enjoy anything. After that and some other eye-opening interactions, I realized that self-respect is something you have to give yourself in order to survive. This seems stupid, but it actually really helped when I was ordered by someone to keep track of the things I did by writing them down. Having something written can help prove your self-worth to yourself.

This is where anxiety and paranoia cripples your ability to respond. You can't socialize when you're worried about yourself the entire time. I know it's scary, but try to only thing about the other person and what they are saying. Don't dwell on your mannerisms, what you say, or your anxiety.

Just do it; stop thinking about things and just do them.

Don't freak yourself out with any diagnoses that are tentative. Not worth it; just keep adjusting to yourself, and go one day at a time.

I hate my bad english.
Im just stupid.

It starts with not hating yourself. Which is hard, but so what? You're not helping anybody until you can help yourself. Your English is perfectly legible.

You must be. Only someone stupid would call themselves stupid; it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you can't even trust yourself to do anything, how can you get anything done? How could you even think rationally if you won't trust yourself to think?

You think you're different? Only if you say you are. People are so multi-fauceted that it's redunant to try and categorize people based off of how "different" you are.
Why is everyone continuing to respond to this person? They have literally one post, the OP for this thread. You're effectively throwing your words out into the wind.

Solid advice learned the hard way, i assume.

Top Bottom