• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Purging account history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (221)

Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
I need to delete as much as possible, including my username as it still shows up in search engine results.

Can it be done or do I have to make a request or what?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
Heheh

They don't even let us change usernames here.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
God, I would love to purge my history, and tidy some things.

Mod privileges for a day. This place would be spick and span.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah. It's possible, you simply need to crack into this forum's host server, delete backup and your history and you're set.

If you're less picky, you could wipe the whole server drive and backup, that would be easier.

Well, the obvious easy solution would be to hack an admin account here and delete it manually from the control panel.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 8:42 PM
-->
Okay here's what you do. You get that username and join as many forums as possible. Join as 14 year old girls as 67 year old men basically as everyone and everything. Flood the internet with that username and drown out the data. Sure it'll still be there but they won't know if it's actually you anyway. You could even rejoin this forum as the same username just misspelled although you will get banned and it'll just draw more attention. Basically have so much stuff out their and so much misinformation that the data is useless. That's what I would do.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
Okay here's what you do. You get that username and join as many forums as possible. Join as 14 year old girls as 67 year old men basically as everyone and everything. Flood the internet with that username and drown out the data. Sure it'll still be there but they won't know if it's actually you anyway. You could even rejoin this forum as the same username just misspelled although you will get banned and it'll just draw more attention. Basically have so much stuff out their and so much misinformation that the data is useless. That's what I would do.

This is truth. Adding more hay to the stack makes it all the more difficult to find the needle.

Also, what is the worst that could happen if someone finds out it's you? Unless you've posted incriminating evidence that could be used in a case against you or someone wants to hunt you down and kill you, there isn't much to worry about.

Ex-User (221)

Local time
-->
Soooo... GDPR is coming up and you say you're compliant but there are two things that stand out to me. 1) You're assuming the consent of previous users which doesn't fly, and 2) you don't give the option to withdraw consent (or if you do, you don't make it easy to find because I searched).

It's even not just posts, you're retaining info like my date of birth and where I live.

So I'm saying it again, I don't consent to my information being held like this. I want to exercise my right of withdrawal, and if you're not compliant next week when the laws kick in I will make a formal complaint.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
We cannot purge your posts, but we can anonymise you and all of those posts. Further we can issue you a privacy report.

Obviously anyone who chooses this fearful exit must be banned forever afterwards.

Kinda like Britain leaving the EU. Ain't no return this side of the grave.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Xenforo is issuing a new iteration with all of that consent stuff.

As to date of birth, where living etc. etc. why the hell wouldn't anyone just lie on internet forms ?

I generally do.

Ex-User (221)

Local time
-->
Cool.

I signed up when I was pretty young and didn't know better and now it's all locked in, I would just falsify it all if I had the option to change anything.

I have no problem being banned forever, the whole MBTI thing is a glorified horoscope. I haven't taken it seriously since I was in school and I have absolutely zero interest in coming back and discussing it more.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
OK, copy everything you need to copy, and report back here.

There;s no need to bring a suitcase.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Well, he didn't bother to come back, so I'll just anonymize him out of here.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
First time it's ever been done, since it's a brand-new add on tool...

Code:
Anonymizing will:

Rename the account to Ex-User (221)
    Delete all logged IP adresses
    Replace the user password with a 256 byte long random string
    Disable the user account
    Delete all warnings and bans the user has received
    Delete users avatar
    Delete all associated connected account data
    Delete two-factor authentication data
    Replace users email address with your board address
    Delete all user profile information, including:
        Date of birth
        Signature
        Website
        About you
    Delete all custom user field values
    Reset the following options to default:
        Selected language
        Selected style
        Selected timezone
    Forcefully logout the user from all devices
    Delete:
        All user follow entries associated with the user
        All ignore list entries associated with the user
    Hard delete soft deleted content, including:
        Threads
        Profile post comments
    Empty user change log

All data that has not explicitely been mentioned above stays untouched and might not be anonymized. This is especially true for any data created by add-ons.

Ex-User (5878)

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hello! I was wondering if I could have the same thing done. I have some awkward and rude old posts under my name here and people who know me by this username in real life.. I would really appreciate it

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Confusing if this is a go-to thread for such people, easily overlooked, so futurely they will make their own requests individually.

....Aaand Close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom