• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

SpaceYeti hearts his snack drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:42 PM
-->
attachment.php

Attachments

• snackdrawer.jpg
    snackdrawer.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 331

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
Today 3:42 PM
-->
Congrats. I am eating a carrot :( and jealous about now.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ha, carrots are for rodents and vegans!

I also have a bunch of girl-scout cookies and ice cream sandwiches that simply don't fit or need to be in the freezer.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
It seems like you take care of it religiously.
:kilroy:

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 7:42 AM
-->
Carrots are delicious.

So much refined sugar. It terrifies me Monsieur Yeti.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->
Who's kid did you rob to get all that?

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
While your snack drawer is enviable I think there is a significant lack of salty goodness. I spy the peanuts...but that's it isn't it? I'd add crackers or chips or pretzels.

As an aside: If you haven't tried plain ruffles potato chips (or other plain potato chips) with ice-cream you are missing out on something delicious. Crunchy, salty, sweet, soft, cold...It's some sort of junk food heaven.
:hearts:

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
looking at that makes me want to throw up a little. like... yeah, just ew.
but i guess i don't have much of a sweet tooth anyway.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah it needs chips I am eating chips as I type.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
the security on that drawer better rival supermax prison. also, i hope you have a good dentist.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
I wholeheartedly endorse your Butterfinger appreciation, but fail to understand your lack of pertinent Reese's items. Did you eat them all already?

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah it needs chips I am eating chips as I type.
I've never really been a salty snackerer. I have crackers, but I don't eat many snacks all at once, so I have to choose between my favorites, and the sweets win.

Oh, and my dentistry is free. Yay for government jorbs!

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Is it normal for you guys to just have a drawer filled with snacks? Whenever I buy some snacks, I.... Eat them. So If I were to buy a load like that, I would eat it in a couple of days.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
-->
One of my relatives has had a snack drawer like that for decades, and--no surprise--she has always had an obesity problem. I know, therefore, I have some of those same genes, and I would never choose to have a snack drawer like that. If you can somehow control the habit and hold yourself back, then you should be proud, and there is nothing wrong with having a snack drawer like that.

There are genetic strains of human beings to make them predisposed toward overeating (not that it is a good excuse). In much the same way, there are human races that are genetically predisposed to alcohol addiction. There are native Inuit Alaskan towns that have actually outlawed alcohol, because it has the same harmful addictive effects on them as hard drugs. The history of their own race has not prepared them for alcoholic drinks--all of their ancestors lived and died without it--so they are especially vulnerable to this colonialist import.

If you can realize your own weaknesses, then you can control your additions, as long as you can limit your own access. When I go to Walmart, I think about buying carb-heavy foods. And, then I look around me and see God-forsaken fat asses, and I see what they have in their shopping carts. The decision suddenly becomes very easy.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Aw. Now the snack drawer is sad.

Everybody has their own fights. For some people
it's being over weight (many people in the U.S. and other developed nations now that most of us don't get the exercise we should).

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Is it normal for you guys to just have a drawer filled with snacks? Whenever I buy some snacks, I.... Eat them. So If I were to buy a load like that, I would eat it in a couple of days.
That's just it. I think it's because I'm in such good shape, but I don't desire large quantities of snacks, merely frequent snacks. Perhaps because I learned when I was young to ration out my sweets I do this. My brother always got a candy bar he ate in minutes if that long, whereas I always got skittles and ate one at a time, to best savor the flavor of each one and to make the flavor last.

My fat friend once said he read a study that skinny people may actually enjoy food more than obese people, which he denied is true. I didn't want to argue, but I can certainly see that in my own eating habits. I'm not skinny any more, but that's due to the military, not my own diet and exercise. I would be skinny, and was for a long time. I can tell you; I love food. I enjoy each and every bite, never eating too quickly to enjoy the flavor (unless I don't like the flavor or it's basic training, or whatever). That was a major difference he never seemed to notice. Larger people do like food, I certainly can't say they don't, but they don't savor their food. I do. Eating is probably my third favorite thing to do, right behind Masturbation and Sex, in that order (counting down).

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
My fat friend once said he read a study that skinny people may actually enjoy food more than obese people, which he denied is true. I didn't want to argue, but I can certainly see that in my own eating habits. I'm not skinny any more, but that's due to the military, not my own diet and exercise. I would be skinny, and was for a long time. I can tell you; I love food. I enjoy each and every bite, never eating too quickly to enjoy the flavor (unless I don't like the flavor or it's basic training, or whatever). That was a major difference he never seemed to notice. Larger people do like food, I certainly can't say they don't, but they don't savor their food. I do. Eating is probably my third favorite thing to do, right behind Masturbation and Sex, in that order (counting down).

I'd definately go with the study. I'm extremely underweight. 50-55kg (not really sure, some time since I weighed myself) Which is 100 to 110 lbs right? And I'm right about 188cm in height. I can't be bothered to convert that for you though, I don't like math, hehe. The thing is, I don't have the slighest problem with food. I love food, I want to be a chef.
I think obesity comes from addiction, not just liking food. There's no need to buy 10 burgers just because you enjoy a burger. How about 1? Or 2?
Take progressive cooking, I'm not sure how that is in USA, not on par with Europe is it? (Not trying to stereotype the US as only having McD. I realise you have restaurants) These restaurants do not have major plates with 1kg steaks and tons of 'extras' it's very minimalistic. Some would say too minimalistic. But it's all about the experience, not getting stuffed. If I want to get stuffed and want to have a steak. I'll make my own damned steak.

I think I'm getting slightly off topic now, talking about obesity. So I'll stop.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
America has plenty of standard restaurants in addition to our fast food. However, America tends not to make an event from eating, but rather make time for eating around other events. A sad loss for our society, but that's just the way it works here.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
It's the mindless eating that's bad for you. I love chocolate. I'll eat one candy bar, actually stop and enjoy eating it, and then I'm done. I'm sated.

On a side note: Why did this thread go to the Oubliette? Did somebody not like the American pastime of stuffing our faces with ridiculously high caloric crap or was it done out of a desire to avoid any connections between Yeti and his drawers?

Mello

Gone.
Local time
-->
I'd definately go with the study. I'm extremely underweight. 50-55kg (not really sure, some time since I weighed myself) Which is 100 to 110 lbs right? And I'm right about 188cm in height. I can't be bothered to convert that for you though, I don't like math, hehe. The thing is, I don't have the slighest problem with food. I love food, I want to be a chef.
I think obesity comes from addiction, not just liking food. There's no need to buy 10 burgers just because you enjoy a burger. How about 1? Or 2?
Take progressive cooking, I'm not sure how that is in USA, not on par with Europe is it? (Not trying to stereotype the US as only having McD. I realise you have restaurants) These restaurants do not have major plates with 1kg steaks and tons of 'extras' it's very minimalistic. Some would say too minimalistic. But it's all about the experience, not getting stuffed. If I want to get stuffed and want to have a steak. I'll make my own damned steak.

I think I'm getting slightly off topic now, talking about obesity. So I'll stop.

Well, I'm skinny but I don't enjoy eating much. It's good for taking up time though when I don't want to do something.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Threads are moved to the oubliette when they are subjectively deemed to be generally vapid or stupid or that degenerate into flamings and such... we move and close threads around constantly, not enough in my opinion... we try to foster quality discussions and not aimless threads... (lately it's been quite bad).

The oubliette is a place for threads to die, without necessarily closing them...

ellipsis. :phear:

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I think my posts have been a little vapid lately. I'm having trouble thinking deeply about much of anything without spiraling down into a pit of sucking blackness. I'm keeping things light for a while.

Jesse

Internet resident
Local time
-->
I like joke threads, obviously I don't want every thread to be that way but they have their place.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think my posts have been a little vapid lately. I'm having trouble thinking deeply about much of anything without spiraling down into a pit of sucking blackness. I'm keeping things light for a while.
"Deep thinking" is a delusion. You either know something, or you do not. Knowing stuff requires thought, but once you're done thinking, it's over. You figured it out.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Who determines the quality of a discussion? Not the people who are taking part, obviously.

There was no discussion when I moved this thread. Just fifteen or so one-liner posts. There's already plenty of threads full of random stuff where you could post your amazing snack drawer... I don't really believe we need yet another pointless thread just for it.

Perhaps I should have just said this and closed it back then. Ahh hindsight.

I like joke threads, obviously I don't want every thread to be that way but they have their place.

I think we have quite a lot of those places already... too many indeed. And it's a bit of a problem when most threads are joke threads.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
We were totally discussing food. More accurately, we were discussing the enjoyment thereof and it's correlation with fatness or skinniness. While the OP was nothing more than a whimsical, fluffy thing, a discussion did spawn and I was interested in it. While the thread is not dead but merely moved, I don't really have a complaint, but the move struck me as pseudo censorship. Censorship sucks, and you know it.

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
I learned that salty snacks only really became
popular during WW1 the other day, which
makes sense considering the nonexistent
salt rations.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
How'd you learn that? My (admittedly short) online search hasn't found me any good information.

Edit; I find that the increased popularity occurred in about the 70s.

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
Freaking sweet snack drawer bro!

You're killin me though, i cant stand a lot of chocolate, the only thing i would eat out of that drawer would be the skittles and peanuts. How am i supposed to break in and raid your snack drawer while you are asleep if all you have is chocolate... :phear:

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
I read it in an old edition of The New York Times.
I think it was July '10? But I can check for sure
Friday if you'd like.

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
:phear: I'm 6' even, and float around 140-150. I am too lazy to eat most of the time, not only is it too much of a task to be in my kitchen and have to put up with my mothers dog barking at me incessantly while i prepare food, i never feel like actually sitting and eating. I don't really enjoy food, i dont have any favorite food, i just aim toward stuff that i can prepare fast and get it over with.

And no, i didn't see the nerds. :D

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
:phear: I'm 6' even, and float around 140-150. I am too lazy to eat most of the time, not only is it too much of a task to be in my kitchen and have to put up with my mothers dog barking at me incessantly while i prepare food, i never feel like actually sitting and eating. I don't really enjoy food, i dont have any favorite food, i just aim toward stuff that i can prepare fast and get it over with.

And no, i didn't see the nerds. :D

Isn't 6' and 145 what you'd call "just about right"? I'm not very savvy on inches and pounds. Or well I'm not too savvy on them combined to calculate if the weight is healthy.

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
For a male, that's skinny. For a female, that'd be healthy, but nobody would dance with her because she's so tall.

To be honest, I don't even think it's healthy for a female. I'd certaintly think a girl weighing 50kg is too skinny. I know it kind of seems like I take pride in my 'skinnyness' the way I keep saying "that's not skinny compared to this" That's not really my intention though I'm just surprised at how people think they are skinny when I envy their "fullness" Hehe.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
To be honest, I don't even think it's healthy for a female. I'd certaintly think a girl weighing 50kg is too skinny. I know it kind of seems like I take pride in my 'skinnyness' the way I keep saying "that's not skinny compared to this" That's not really my intention though I'm just surprised at how people think they are skinny when I envy here "fullness" Hehe.

I still think it's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom