• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

*SQUEAL*

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 1:00 AM
-->
I'm practically vibrating here!

I'm so happy!

Guess what!?

The University has a library!

Okay, I knew that, universities tend to....

BUT,

IT HAS SO MANY BOOKS!

OH GOD!

I could just get lost in it!

So absorbing...

There is a WHOLE SECTION of IRISH FAIRYTALES and another on CELTIC HERITAGE.

All so worn, dusty and GREEN!
Books at least thrice my age!
:D:D:D:D

And TWENTY OR SO SHELVES ON CRIMINOLOGY!
Oh god.

I could waste my life here.

There are more books than I have ever seen in my life, it makes me want to run between al those shelves grabbing them and laughing manically.

The only downside is, there are lots of people, and they keep looking at me.

I want to be alone with the books.:(

I want it to be MY library.

SSSSSSSQQQQUUUEEEEEEEEE!

*Ahem, in an attept to make this a topic of discussion, anyone else get a similar vibe, or am I just a freak?*

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 3:00 AM
-->
Nice ;)
Who can conceive of having their own library without hearing the faint tap tap tap of dribble and drool.

Seriously.
Libraries are one of my favorite concepts, but I want all the books to stay there.
And I want to own it, or have special privileges so that I can stay there whenever I want, and for as long as I would like.

And I don't want other people taking books away from My library.

Seriously, perhaps there's a position that would allow you to stay there at nights or something.

I can't imagine a world where that wouldn't somehow be an option.

Alice?

Local time
Yesterday 6:00 PM
-->
Aahhh, I practically have to avoid the library at mine or else I will never leave and go to class! It's terrible.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Love you guys:D

God, I hope I don't look at this and frown tomorrow.

:D

Crazythinker1

Quiet, I'am thinking
Local time
Yesterday 9:00 PM
-->
I know what you mean brother. Librarys have got to be mankinds greatest achievement.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
Today 2:00 AM
-->
The splendid James I & VI exclaimed similar sentiments, avowing he would like to live and die in a library. Which says something about ordinary life considering most 16th century books were about religion or other dull matters. Maybe he squealed and maybe he didn't: he was a complex, passionate man.

In the other hand, I have a few books 15 times your age. They cost as much as a 2nd-hand video game.

Moved from INTP, as it's not very specific to INTPS

Claverhouse :phear:

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Intp's don't love libraries?

*Huffs with Claver*

I am going to prove you wrong sir.:D

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Ah, this reminds me of the first time I ran across the university library where I went to school once upon a time. I was in love.

Now I live in a town with a...new...library. There are so few books and I was horrified to discover that my home library was better. I couldn't be more pissed off.

Tempestas

who purgatoried their torsos night after night wi
Local time
-->
I love libraries. Well, the books and concept of them. I just feel bad for the books; they're all written in and torn and in bad condition! It hurts to look at.

So I'm slowly building my own library. Thirteen years later.... I'm nowhere close. :(

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 3:00 AM
-->
For Melkor:

9s3t07.jpg

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Fukyo... :eek:

ahjswhjjhdjkuhneweuu

Ahem...

Criminology? Lucky bastard.

I love libraries. My highschool has a rather nice one. Though small, it's well insulated, therefore quieter and a few degrees warmer than anywhere else in the school. Very cosy, and absolutely nobody frequents the non-fiction section, so it's a great place to hide.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 7:00 PM
-->
I'm not gonna have a house, I'm gonna have a library with a kitchen and bathroom.

I'm already on my way to making one, and I'll probably inherit all my parents' books, so it'll be going strong.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I'm not gonna have a house, I'm gonna have a library with a kitchen and bathroom.

Isn't that how bookstores start out? :)

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I love books.

One of the many bookshelves in my house. (middle section is a classical music collection)

4482863073_82c8368e80.jpg

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 2:00 PM
-->
Some of my first memories are of my father lying on the couch reading a book (usually Isaac Asimov or some other sci-fi classic...). Some of my best memories are of my mother reading to me every night, old classics like The Wind in the Willows, The Jungle Book, A Thousand and One Nights, Grimm Brothers, etc...

When I was old enough to be dumped in a library while mother went shopping, the library became the Sanctuary from the noise and chaos of all the scary children outside (I didn't want to play with children, I wanted to read books).

When I started school, I was already reading, and the teacher smuggled books into my backpack while the other children were spelling out loud from the blackboard. I startled my mother when I spelt out my first word at the age of three, reading an ice-cream sign in the street.

Days at home during the holidays were spent searching my parent's bookshelves. I always found something new, and was perpetually surprised at the span and enormity of my parent's literary interests......the aspects of them I did not know......

Some of their books were downright scary and probably should have been hidden until I grew older.....my parents never realised I was reading stuff way beyond my understanding and maturity.

Whenever I come to a new place, I always check out the library. Sometimes libraries give me a sense of bewilderment, as I don't know where to start....it's so overwhelming, like entering a new world every time you open a book. My sense of adventure has certainly been fuelled by books.

And yes, I did dream of becoming a librarian.

Don't know what happened........

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 8:00 PM
-->
Libraries ARE awesome, but I've more or less abandoned them in favor of e-books, which are free (usually) and can often be downloaded by the thousands... I suppose library books are free too, but then you can't keep them, and they get lost/misplaced/overlooked easier (plus that requires me to get up off the couch). My laptop is like a 50,000+ book library that I can take with me anywhere... I'll never finish all the books in even one of the folders. :)

Too bad they're about to shut down isohunt... I've gotten so many thousands of books from there. On my previous computers with mere 250 Gb HDD's I was constantly having to delete sets of books to make room for the next set... its always such a painful decision deciding what to lose to make room for the new...

Anyway, I attended OSU once upon a time, which had like a dozen libraries scattered throughout the colleges (some of which were HUGE)... whatever topic, no matter how obscure or random, they had endless volumes on it. :D Not too many other people also, sometimes I would have an entire floor to myself.

Too bad that was like the one redeeming aspect to OSU.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I virtually grew up in a library. My academic father had so many books we had bookshelves lining the corridors as well as his study.

When my children were little I took them to the University library and showed them the room upon room of books and they had a very similar response to Melkor. And I told them that this was quite a small library, that there were much bigger ones. I wanted them to be awed - like in a cathedral, but awed by knowledge and scholarship. They've never forgotten it.

PapyrusAirplanes

Solfege Maniac
Local time
-->

In the woods.
With a piano on the porch.

Libraries are entrancing. I spend hours in the one at university. (This may be partly due to the amount of piano manuscripts they have, but there are many good books, too. *grin*)

KazeCraven

crazy raven
Local time
Yesterday 8:00 PM
-->
I'm always disappointed when I find my University library is closed for Friday night and Sunday morning. Saturday is usually a great day for being in the library, as no one is doing last minute studying then.

I thought I'd be in for a special treat since I have access to these libraries during the summer, but unfortunately the hours are significantly shorter and construction is happening. :slashnew:

Someone once asked me what my favorite place was. I had to say "the library" though in retrospect, I should have said "libraries." I'd take a day in a library over travel any day.

citrusbreath95

Tourist of this dimension
Local time
-->
I went to an event at my future high school and they have the smallest library known to man I do believe. I was thoroughly disappointed and most definitely will have to resort to seeking books somewhere else :mad:

Top Bottom