• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Tattoos?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
Today 3:13 PM
-->
might have already been posted before, and if it was, it was before my time, but i'm wondering if anyone here has a tattoo? if so, what is it a tattoo of? if not, have you ever thought about getting one, and what would it be? i've always wanted to get one, but i'm paralyzed with indecision about what to get. i've always been about not limiting my options, and it just seems like a tattoo is one of those things that limits your options as far as once you have it, theres no option of taking it off and putting it back on or changing it if you like.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 2:13 PM
-->
When I was in high school I actually carved some tatoos into my arms with an xacto knife and some india ink. Two of them are crosses and the other is one of those stupid christian fish (why was I depressed enough to carve on myself as a christian?). I really regret having done it now (especially as an atheist!). Times changed, I changed, my beliefs changed, but those tatoos don't. It's also difficult to explain to my kids. Not to mention the fact that homemade tatoos look shitty (definitely don't go that route).

I don't have any moral qualms with them but you have to consider the future, and if you do get one, remember its permanent (unless you get it removed via the expensive laser surgery which leaves a scar). Make sure it is something you want to commit to and are willing to proudly display (of course that depends on where you get it and how freely you display that particular part of your body).

As many people as I know that have them, I envision legions of flappy armed people in the nursing homes around the year 2050 with tatoos of prunes that used to be something very interesting. :D

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't know what to do about the crosses, but have you ever considered adding legs to the fish or something like that? :p

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That would only become a problem if you stopped believing in evolution.

Jules

Local time
Today 9:13 PM
-->
259028707_5_VLGV.jpeg

It looks a lot better now. This picture was taken about an hour after I got the tattoo.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Now wait, would that be a new tattoo, or a modification of one of the crosses, or what?

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
The salute would extend from the fish along with the legs.

I wonder if I can somehow shape the crosses into the word "bullshit". the last 't' is accounted for and I think its appropriate.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think you'd be more likely to regret the finger than the legs later on.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
You're probably right. The good thing is that the fish is actually pretty faint so it isn't a glaring monstrosity on my arm.

Agent Intellect, I hope this shows what complicated business this tatoo stuff can be! :D

That does look good, Jules.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
You're probably right. The good thing is that the fish is actually pretty faint so it isn't a glaring monstrosity on my arm.

Agent Intellect, I hope this shows what complicated business this tatoo stuff can be! :D

That does look good, Jules.

yeah, its exactly why i haven't gotten one yet. i really can't think of a practical reason to have one, but i've always just thought they look cool (well, some of them at least).

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
-->
i want a tattoo of a Pot leaf that takes up my whole back lol... j/k but i would like to get one about as big as my hand on my shoulder blade, even when i get older i wouldnt regret it since it was a part of my life.

Something i have mentioned to people before is that if i were to ever get my girlfriends name tattooed on me and i ended up with someone else, i would tattoo the names in a list instead of trying to cover up the old name, i might not care about the old person but it would always be there as a reminder of my past. (would be bad if i ended up with a huge list of names lol)

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
i want a tattoo of a Pot leaf that takes up my whole back lol... j/k but i would like to get one about as big as my hand on my shoulder blade, even when i get older i wouldnt regret it since it was a part of my life.

Something i have mentioned to people before is that if i were to ever get my girlfriends name tattooed on me and i ended up with someone else, i would tattoo the names in a list instead of trying to cover up the old name, i might not care about the old person but it would always be there as a reminder of my past. (would be bad if i ended up with a huge list of names lol)

some would see it as an accomplishment.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Casanova, that one.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:13 PM
-->
I don't think I'll ever get one. Too permanent. I'd need something that is timeless. If I ever did get one, it would be something very geometric, and something that is large, with strong character (as opposed to a small and hidden one... that would be a weak statement, and what's the point in that?). It would also be something that relates to the shape of my body... I don't like tattoos as just "drawings on skin"... as if the human body was a blank canvas to be filled, and not a work of art in itself...

Jules

Local time
Today 9:13 PM
-->
The point in having a tattoo isn't always to make a statement. In my opinion one shouldn't have a tattoo just to make a statement, it should be personal.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:13 PM
-->
I didn't mean a "statement" as uhm trying to communicate something. I meant it in a purely formal, artistic way... I don't know if I have the words to explain myself.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
I'm terrified of anything piercing my skin and I don't really want a drawing of something on me anyway, so I wouldn't get one.

Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
I like tattoos but my patner doesn't. That didn't stop me purchasing my own tattoo gun and trying it out on myself.

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:13 PM
-->
Always wanted to have a tatoo. I`m thinking about an ornament, which looks pointless at first time, but, if the mind is used, it turns out to be a phrase or symbol.

IntenseBurger

Local time
-->
the only tattoo i would ever get is the traditional Japanese tattoo on ones back.

ya know, the one that costs hundreds or even thousands and can take years sometimes to complete.:D

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Today 12:13 PM
-->
Embracing my utter nerdiness I would get the chinese symbols for "Serenity" on my upper arm. I would, however, refrain from putting any quotes directly from the TV show anywhere on my body.

Local time
Today 12:13 PM
-->
Embracing my utter nerdiness I would get the chinese symbols for "Serenity" on my upper arm. I would, however, refrain from putting any quotes directly from the TV show anywhere on my body.
I agree wholeheartedly, for multiple reasons, which, oddly enough, is my prerequisite for tattoos (not agreement, but multiple meanings). Plus, Firefly was the greatest show ever. Totally resonates with my inner dream of being a space cowboy/pirate/thing.
I've got three tattoos, myself. WYSIWYG is on my right forearm, Silence is Golden with a nice little smiley face (smile stitched up, of course) on my right bicep, and a nice big Anarchy symbol where my right arm meets the shoulder, Brujah style.
It is my personal opinion that every high school dropout should get an Anarchy sign somewhere they'll have to see it everyday, so they can remember just how far that got them... ::Grinn::

OrionzRevenge

Local time
-->
I don't have any Tatz, I recently become interesred in doing Tat-flash.
>>>> love Cats so...
tiger-9002.gif

Taylored

Local time
-->
I have never once had an urge to get a tattoo. I do not have anything against them. They are just a permanent accessory.
I personally see tattoos as a permanent reminder of youthful mistakes. I hate making mistakes.
My wife has a tattoo. She got it not long before we met. As an expecting mother she regrets the tattoo and would like to have it removed. It is not a bad tattoo. The tattoo is not in a visible location, but it is something she wishes she could remove.

I do believe some tattoos are positive even though they are permanent. Memorial tattoos are ones which would not ever be regretted... beyond that, I do not see the point.

kellimaier

Local time
-->
It's high in the middle and round on both ends...o
I am fairly heavily tattooed. They all follow a theme of flowers, hummingbirds and vines/leaves. I have identical tattoos on my legs that go from upper thign to mid calf, vines and flowers and a hummingbird on left arm..the vines wind around my arm. A largish piece on shoulders of two hummingbirds and flower....that is the only colored one...the rest are black and grey.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->

If I'd stumbled across this thread less than a month ago, I would have said that I want a tattoo as soon as I get into college. But as things are right now, I really don't know if I want one at all...
When they're done right, I think they can be beautiful. But I'm extremely picky about everything, so I doubt I'd ever find the perfect tattoo for me...I'd probably end up designing my own, and then years later I would have a constant reminder of how much my art sucked when I designed it. Um. If that makes sense.
Also, I can never make up my mind...I change avatars and signatures on forums on a weekly basis. Someone asked me if my AIM icon was malfunctioning because I was changing my mind so rapidly.

So for now I'm sticking with Sharpies.

Piercings, on the other hand...I might want some of those.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
i think my desire for a tattoo is more of a cultural thing. personally, when i really think about it, i abhor the idea behind a tattoo. a permanent imprint on the skin. maybe its an INTP thing, but i hate permanence, and i can't stand not having my options left open. if i got a tattoo, i can just imagine myself constantly looking at it and thinking of all the ways i would have rather gotten it done, and wishing i could change it (design and position) at my leisure.

*Stabbity*

Local time
-->
"Long time reminder of a short term feeling."

Some(one or two tats) look hot on women, and never adds masculinity to men. I think some of those guys are trying to fake masculinity, in my opinion.

Noidi0ts had it right.

The future will be rife with old prune'ish people and indecipherable tattoos. That and they seem to be a popular trend. I never follow trends.

Another example of the easily led sheep.

kellimaier

Local time
-->
It's high in the middle and round on both ends...o
"Long time reminder of a short term feeling."

Some(one or two tats) look hot on women, and never adds masculinity to men. I think some of those guys are trying to fake masculinity, in my opinion.

Noidi0ts had it right.

The future will be rife with old prune'ish people and indecipherable tattoos. That and they seem to be a popular trend. I never follow trends.

Another example of the easily led sheep.

That prunish skin thing is actually something believed by people who are not familiar with tattoos on aging skin.
My entire family is heavily tattooed as well as many are tattoo artists...the wrinkling actually doesn't happen until quite advanced aging occurs...then who cares?
My Dad got his last tattoo shortly before his death.
I got my first when he was dying.
I spent years designing them...not exactly a short term feelings.

And gee..I don't even feel a little bit like saying "Baaa".
As a matter of fact while it appears that the entire internet has gotten them selves tattooed...in reality only a small number of people in the real world ( which i admit exists...even if I don't like it) have the kind or extent of work I have.

*Stabbity*

Local time
-->
That prunish skin thing is actually something believed by people who are not familiar with tattoos on aging skin.
My entire family is heavily tattooed as well as many are tattoo artists...the wrinkling actually doesn't happen until quite advanced aging occurs...then who cares?
My Dad got his last tattoo shortly before his death.
I got my first when he was dying.
I spent years designing them...not exactly a short term feelings.

And gee..I don't even feel a little bit like saying "Baaa".
As a matter of fact while it appears that the entire internet has gotten them selves tattooed...in reality only a small number of people in the real world ( which i admit exists...even if I don't like it) have the kind or extent of work I have.

Ok. I don't agree, but I don't have to. In my family the prune-like skin exists. I don't know if it stems from flabby skin, poor health or what. But it definitely exists. In my family at least.

You are one I would consider a Tattoo altruist. I applaud you for that. Most people I have seen do it for the cool factor, or because it is "In". This backs my sheep argument.

It seems you based your tats on life experiences which in my opinion put you in the minority by a long shot. Again, see above.

I have no doubt if your emotions influenced your reasons for getting a tat, that my above quote does not apply.

You are but a small minority in a world of followers.

I still detest the permanency of them.

Thanks for backing your beliefs. I find that therapeutic. Most people cave and blindly agree.

Top Bottom