• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The "what do I do?" thread for short term dilemmas

Nebulous

Local time
Yesterday 8:31 PM
-->
If you're in a situation where you don't know what to do and need to get advice quickly!
(and don't know what other thread to ask the question on!)

There've been a large amount of times where I had a question I wanted INTPf feedback on, but couldn't find a thread that was relevant for the issue and didn't think it would be smart to make a thread for that one particular, short term issue.
So here's someplace you can put those worries.

---

My issue right now: my throat friking hurts but I want to go to sleep
It hurts to swallow, yawn, or try to talk, and my ears hurt too.
It gets exponentially worse when I'm trying to fall asleep. Last night sucked and I woke up with no voice- and I still don't have one.

Drank tea, which usually helps, but even that didn't help. I'm not dehydrated, I don't know what to do. I'm at my grandparents house and I'm not going to wake them up, but idk what to do.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 1:31 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
I recommend u honey with squizzed lemon, that works amazingly well and tastes awesome. Squize one lemon and drop as much honey as u like. It id the best solution if i dont wanna move to pharmacy. Even with some days pain might dissapear.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Ah, geez my last post on here was about the sore throat- which started around June 17
I've had a cough since then, constant, but not every five minutes, ya know. But it is a deep cough. I feel it in my lungs.
And I've had this for over a month now. It started out with sinus stuff, btw

Paranoia? Or just concerns..
I've had walking pneumonia twice in the past, I've had this cough for a long time, blah blah, so ideally I'd like to go to the doctor and get it checked out
BUT: okay I think they do an X-ray or something like that as part of the checking for pneumonia? Aaaaand I'm scared that some sign that I've smoked a few packs of cigarettes will show, and my parents will freak out, blah blah

Seems unlikely? But who knows, I'm a tiny human who gets sick a lot and isn't very active
I'm 84 pounds JFC

So

I want to see if I have pneumonia but I don't want to risk getting in trouble/ the tests showing evidence of smoking

I'm not a doctor at allll so ah
If I do go in to check things out I'll play dumb,, like when the doc asks 'any smoking' I'll say nope :angel: and if there's anything wrong I'll be like :confused:

I haven't smoked in months tho?? But in the timeframe I was I definitely went through a few packs,, i just don't know if that'll leave damage that'll be visible/ noticeable still

Ah

Late night worries

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:31 AM
-->
your parents are fkn ridiculous

i doubt it shows up from a few months of smoking anyway

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 2:31 AM
-->
depends what you are afraid more - pneumonia and its complications due to lack of timly reaction or your parents anger.
Im not sure it will show up on X-ray.
If somehow it will, How they could punish you- "the talk", detention, cut your money? Just go to doc. But hmmm when I was 16 I avoided doc and ignore parents. That wasnt good idea. Could you go to doc without them knowing about it?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ah, geez my last post on here was about the sore throat- which started around June 17
I've had a cough since then, constant, but not every five minutes, ya know. But it is a deep cough. I feel it in my lungs.

I've had walking pneumonia twice in the past, I've had this cough for a long time, blah blah, so ideally I'd like to go to the doctor and get it checked out
BUT: okay I think they do an X-ray or something like that as part of the checking for pneumonia? Aaaaand I'm scared that some sign that I've smoked a few packs of cigarettes will show, and my parents will freak out, blah blah

Seems unlikely? But who knows, I'm a tiny human who gets sick a lot and isn't very active
I'm 84 pounds JFC

So

I want to see if I have pneumonia but I don't want to risk getting in trouble/ the tests showing evidence of smoking

If I do go in to check things out I'll play dumb,, like when the doc asks 'any smoking' I'll say nope :angel: and if there's anything wrong I'll be like :confused:

I haven't smoked in months tho?? But in the timeframe I was I definitely went through a few packs,, i just don't know if that'll leave damage that'll be visible/ noticeable still

Ah

Late night worries
Just go to the doctor and deal with any social consequences later. This whole thing will turn out much simpler than you think.

And as a general principle, being completely honest and transparent is usually the best way to go.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:31 AM
-->

I'm 84 pounds JFC

So

Ah

Late night worries

Just be honest with your doctor about your health issue. It's better that you get an accurate diagnosis rather than save yourself from your parents. You weren't smoking in months after all so the risk of reducing having an issue with your parents.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
You won't show signs of smoking if you've only smoked a few months and it's been a few months since.

Go and get your medical issues sorted.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
i'm having trouble at times to breath (not like dying but i do feel a bit unconfortable at times), but i've been smoking 1 pack per day since like 1 year ago
i don't think ur problem are cigarettes

Jason988

Local time
-->
I keep ANCEF on hand for issues like that. 3 injections a day for 4 days wipes everything out. Doesn't make feel like crap like the pills do. ANCEF is what they give you in hospital with pneumonia. Does feel like you are getting hit with a fastball wherever you pin it. That only lasts a few minutes though. It's all about what is most effective.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
The cough has thankfully died off although occasionally I'll cough a bit and it'll hurt.

Anyway current question

Can someone google how much $ balls sell for on the black market I need this info for an insult but I can't delete my internet history

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:31 AM
-->
The cough has thankfully died off although occasionally I'll cough a bit and it'll hurt.

Anyway current question

Can someone google how much $ balls sell for on the black market I need this info for an insult but I can't delete my internet history

Google Chrome's Incognito Mode is your friend :)

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Well I’m stressing myself out SO MUCH I feel nauseous
That is from the stress
I can’t sleep it’s nearly 1 an, I’ve got a presentation in French in the morning at school and I haven’t studied or even prepared anything for it besides two sentences I’m just not in a good situation anxiety wise

I’d appreciate if someone would check my blog (“Neb’s Blog”) I kinda addressed the issue in my latest posts there

Uh well this in particular
Can I like talk privately with someone knowledgeable and trustworthy please
Since this audience isn’t really my age group it’d be better to not give detail lmao but hey teenagers being teenagers

I have never had sex ed in my life I’m going to end up 16 and pregnant I’m like low key scared already abt today whooppsss. My friend says I’m fine, agh he and I weren’t really putting safety first today

Like in all seriousness though, I’m kind of scared and don’t know who to talk to about this. I don’t know of any adults in real life I could confide in and ask for advice from. I can not tell my parents; they’re catholic and believe very very strongly in ‘no sex before marriage’ and that birth control or just safe sex in general is a sin against god..
They never even gave me “the talk.” Whatever the fuck that is. Catholic school had a brief lesson in science class about sexual reproduction in mammals.
Like. I know about stuff from the Internet or friends

Great
Hey hey hey mods I’m being responsible by not oversharing stuff here, I’m a minor, I just argh don’t have older wise people I can talk to about this and it’s a serious thing so

Yeah I’d really appreciate being able to talk to an adult because I don’t have any in my life I can talk to about this at all
Plss I’m worried

I would greatly appreciate being able to talk to an adult
I don’t have any in my personal life that I can talk to about this but I’m terrified and need actual advice from a human being please please

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Oop that’s all good ^

-
My friend is drunk and I don’t know what to say to him. We’re texting, I asked where he was/ if he’s safe/ who’s with him and he’s with family but I’m still concerned
he’s like 16 and I know he’s had major depression before. I want to be there for him
How should I keep up the conversation? I don’t want to say something wrong, I don’t know how much he’s had
I don’t want to leave him alone

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Back again bein dumb

Sooo I’m 18 and want to go to a concert in... two days. I have the ticket and all that
I haven’t told my parents though because last weekend I tried to go out with my friends and my dad literally blocked the door and wouldn’t let me leave.

I don’t want to lie about what I’m doing because I’m a horrible liar and will feel guilty and anxious as hell. But if i tell them where it is I would be surprised if my dad DIDN’T drive to the venue, make a scene and make me go home.

Anxiety almost off the charts right now, I can’t think of a situation that won’t end with them being angry as hell.
I guess if I say I’ll be back at x time & I’m safe, but don’t say where I am, at least they can’t go there?
Any advice?

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
My rule of thumb is to tell at least one person at home where I’m going (and with who, if applicable) and when I’ll be back. I do this when I’m going anywhere, really.

I’m treated as an adult (which I am) so it isn’t something I HAVE to do, or even tell my parents. I just find it good practice.

In your case, you’re around that age where it is slightly half and half. Still a kid, but not entirely. The only way to grow up and apart is by defying your parents. No matter how well your relationship is, it will have to happen at some point.

Sometimes by acting out, sometimes by reasoning, sometimes by arguing. Maybe a mix of all of them.

If I were you, and had already paid for the tickets, I would go, and only tell after the fact. I’d try to avoid lying outright. Maybe just lying through omission like you already mentioned.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Back again bein dumb

Sooo I’m 18 and want to go to a concert in... two days. I have the ticket and all that
I haven’t told my parents though because last weekend I tried to go out with my friends and my dad literally blocked the door and wouldn’t let me leave.

I don’t want to lie about what I’m doing because I’m a horrible liar and will feel guilty and anxious as hell. But if i tell them where it is I would be surprised if my dad DIDN’T drive to the venue, make a scene and make me go home.

Anxiety almost off the charts right now, I can’t think of a situation that won’t end with them being angry as hell.
I guess if I say I’ll be back at x time & I’m safe, but don’t say where I am, at least they can’t go there?
Any advice?
I might be too late, but this one is easy.

Just leave at like midday when nobody will suspect you of anything. Then just do some fun things during the day and go to the gig later.

What else you got for me? I live for this problem solving shit.

Top Bottom