• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Types that can teach us Ne

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:53 PM
-->
Which type would best teach us how to use our Ne? Of course we can't beat the primary Ne's in their game but at least we can have more data to build our Ne strategies.

So here is what I come up so far:
ENTP's
Pros - the closest extroverted versions of ourselves
Cons - if they can just stop devoting too much effort on hogging the limelight then I can actually study more of their Ne

ENFP's
Pros - very warm and open so you can easily access their Ne without them feeling being studied
Cons - If I can just stop falling in love with them, that would be great. Feelings aren't our best suit

INFP's
Pros - very warm people and not as bothersome as some E's
Cons - Fi and Ti aren't actually that open for study since they are the ones who study

Mature INTP's
Pros - good info on all things Ne's and how our other functions help or hinder it
Cons - do they exist?

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
Yesterday 10:53 PM
-->
My first serious-serious boyfriend (lived with from 18-21) was an ENFP and he and I had an almost synesthetic communication style where we could both look at something and start cracking up, know what the other was thinking. People were often frustrated or amused by us because we made up words and spoke in our own language. He was a musician with a high IQ who smoked an insane amount of weed and eventually let his addiction issues, need to be around people 24/7, and emotional demons overrun his life and so we broke up. Still one of my best friends and I love him to death like a brother.

I have been seeing a different ENFP for the last month and I strongly agree with this:

ENFP's
Pros - very warm and open so you can easily access their Ne without them feeling being studied

And, yeah, this too:

Cons - If I can just stop falling in love with them, that would be great. Feelings aren't our best suit.

He is oblivious to my incessent analyzing that makes everyone else so uncomfortable, which is nice...and like the last one we have a lot of fun together. But it frustrates me that there is a block in real-time communication when it comes to deeper topics despite him being interested in them. He also demonstrates another potential drawback for high Ne: he was diagnosed with severe dyslexia as a kid and while he learned workaround methods and got on medication young and has gone very far in his career I personally think the high Ne and dyslexia may be correlated.

Shockingly my ultimate answer is going to be INTJ I think. I know they are Ni, but I had experiences with an INTJ that were almost scary because we were traveling together and tapped into our intuition to the point where it felt like we were in a closed experiment or a film. I'm talking the same numbers and symbols repeating, mind reading, shared lucid dreaming kind of stuff.

For this exact reason I believe -- as an INTP with a very developed Ne -- that it can actually be somewhat dangerous for a true INTP to have an overdeveloped Ne. It almost mimics schizophrenia...but is it really a mental disorder? In my opinion intuition is nothing more than subconscious pattern recognition evolutionarily developed to speed up processing. But there are no 100% clear guidelines to show when it is legitimate and when it is not.

Another reason I know that I am an INTP with a lot of Ne is from examples in my childhood. I remember my mom signed me up for a Spanish class when I was 5 and I freaked out the teacher by knowing vocabulary during the first session of class...and I did not know how I knew (no Spanish speakers around me but I grew up in California). And because I was 5 it was just silly, I would giggle and say "I don't know how I know" and I legitimately did not. Now I wonder if I read things in Spanish while out observing the world or if I could "hear" it in the teacher's head. My parents have other weird stories about me doing this kind of thing and they are the most un woo-woo SJ and SP people ever. As I've gotten older I lost these strange, um,..."abilities" (?) but I still feel that my Ne is strong compared to other INTPs.

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->
"Again, there would be the Extroverted-Intuition type, who has psychic experiences or revelations, and is able to easily convey them out to others at the social or interpersonal level. Most professional clairvoyants and psychics, and the founders and Gurus of various religious sects, would seem to fall into this category. One could call this the "prophetic personality". As opposed to this would be the Introverted-Intuition type, who is caught in the psychic experiences, and not able to share them very well with others. Many creatively original schizophrenics would belong to this group. Schizophrenic experiences, it should be pointed out, are real experiences of the psychic worlds."

from here: http://www.kheper.net/topics/Jung/typology.html

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
My first serious-serious boyfriend (lived with from 18-21) was an ENFP and he and I had an almost synesthetic communication style where we could both look at something and start cracking up, know what the other was thinking. People were often frustrated or amused by us because we made up words and spoke in our own language. He was a musician with a high IQ who smoked an insane amount of weed and eventually let his addiction issues, need to be around people 24/7, and emotional demons overrun his life and so we broke up. Still one of my best friends and I love him to death like a brother.

I have been seeing a different ENFP for the last month and I strongly agree with this:

And, yeah, this too:

He is oblivious to my incessent analyzing that makes everyone else so uncomfortable, which is nice...and like the last one we have a lot of fun together. But it frustrates me that there is a block in real-time communication when it comes to deeper topics despite him being interested in them. He also demonstrates another potential drawback for high Ne: he was diagnosed with severe dyslexia as a kid and while he learned workaround methods and got on medication young and has gone very far in his career I personally think the high Ne and dyslexia may be correlated.

Shockingly my ultimate answer is going to be INTJ I think. I know they are Ni, but I had experiences with an INTJ that were almost scary because we were traveling together and tapped into our intuition to the point where it felt like we were in a closed experiment or a film. I'm talking the same numbers and symbols repeating, mind reading, shared lucid dreaming kind of stuff.

For this exact reason I believe -- as an INTP with a very developed Ne -- that it can actually be somewhat dangerous for a true INTP to have an overdeveloped Ne. It almost mimics schizophrenia...but is it really a mental disorder? In my opinion intuition is nothing more than subconscious pattern recognition evolutionarily developed to speed up processing. But there are no 100% clear guidelines to show when it is legitimate and when it is not.

Another reason I know that I am an INTP with a lot of Ne is from examples in my childhood. I remember my mom signed me up for a Spanish class when I was 5 and I freaked out the teacher by knowing vocabulary during the first session of class...and I did not know how I knew (no Spanish speakers around me but I grew up in California). And because I was 5 it was just silly, I would giggle and say "I don't know how I know" and I legitimately did not. Now I wonder if I read things in Spanish while out observing the world or if I could "hear" it in the teacher's head. My parents have other weird stories about me doing this kind of thing and they are the most un woo-woo SJ and SP people ever. As I've gotten older I lost these strange, um,..."abilities" (?) but I still feel that my Ne is strong compared to other INTPs.

Hmmm... I think any overdeveloped functions can produce a disorder and mess with a person's psyche. However, a developed Ne actually makes us sane. A runaway Ti-Si loop with a disabled Ne can destroy an INTP.

The INTJ connection interests me. I really enjoy hanging out with INTJ's since I complement their TeNi while they help me develop TiNe.

Ink

Local time
Today 6:53 AM
-->
For me it's as simple as not being in a stressful period in my life, I'm a naturally curious person so my Ne always peaks out when it has its chance.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 11:53 PM
-->
In my experience ENTP's are the most outwardly Ne of all the types. Study Adam Savage for an example of this.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
In my experience ENTP's are the most outwardly Ne of all the types. Study Adam Savage for an example of this.

Good point, he can be studied from a distance. Perhaps if I can adapt some of his Ne expressions then it would be easier to deal with ENTPs in RL.

Ink

Local time
-->
Ne Fe, focuses on the positive, Ti Si, pessimist... Force yourself looking for the possibilites usually does it! Pyropyro, when you say you want to learn to use Ne it seems mostly because you want to be more charismatic, am I right?

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
you may not steal my Ne, you can either find its location or its speed...not both...

lol :D

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
-->
Hmmm... I think any overdeveloped functions can produce a disorder and mess with a person's psyche. However, a developed Ne actually makes us sane. A runaway Ti-Si loop with a disabled Ne can destroy an INTP.

This is true and an excellent point. That time traveling with the INTJ and another phase where I was more extroverted because I had found a clan of people to express my Ti/exercise my Ne with were two of the only phases of my life I would label as "content" or having a high degree of internal serenity. When I am isolated, overthinking, or overworking and do not have people around me who understand me the Ti can't turn off and bleeds over into more personal and emotional issues off the clock -- resulting in, yes, a loop. A terrible, runaway loop.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
you may not steal my Ne, you can either find its location or its speed...not both...

lol :D

I'll summon a Schrödinger's cat to steal it from you mwahahahaha!

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
This is true and an excellent point. That time traveling with the INTJ and another phase where I was more extroverted because I had found a clan of people to express my Ti/exercise my Ne with were two of the only phases of my life I would label as "content" or having a high degree of internal serenity. When I am isolated, overthinking, or overworking and do not have people around me who understand me the Ti can't turn off and bleeds over into more personal and emotional issues off the clock -- resulting in, yes, a loop. A terrible, runaway loop.

Being 'content' or'normal' is a rare thing for us INTP. I'm glad you found a clan for your Ti-Ne. My community is more focused on expressing feelings but I can have some enriching conversations with them from time to time.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Ne Fe, focuses on the positive, Ti Si, pessimist... Force yourself looking for the possibilites usually does it! Pyropyro, when you say you want to learn to use Ne it seems mostly because you want to be more charismatic, am I right?

I think the NeFe combo is more like our child archetype (puer): Passionate and charismatic (but naive) while our TiSi is the old man archetype (senex): wise and disciplined (but boring). We mostly have the old man in charge but you're right. We sometimes have to let the child lead.

Well, we do need to have charisma in order to learn more about people and things. We'll also need it to survive and evolve in this E dominated world.

I think INTP's have a different type of charisma not unlike those of our ENTP siblings. I wish to reconstruct from "spare parts" expressed by other MBTI types.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
For me it's as simple as not being in a stressful period in my life, I'm a naturally curious person so my Ne always peaks out when it has its chance.

I'm going on a stressful period in my life (I quit my job to create a business) so I'm really prone to the Ti-Si loop. I need to know how to make my Ne stronger to make my business grow and prevent myself from going into a self-destructive spiral.

Ink

Local time
-->
I'm going on a stressful period in my life (I quit my job to create a business) so I'm really prone to the Ti-Si loop. I need to know how to make my Ne stronger to make my business grow and prevent myself from going into a self-destructive spiral.

Do what I've done in the past and watch thousands of videos and try and spot INTPs and look which ones behaviours resonate with you, and start incorporating them yourself.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Do what I've done in the past and watch thousands of videos and try and spot INTPs and look which ones behaviours resonate with you, and start incorporating them yourself.

Hmmm... That sounds like a good idea. I seem to find NT's that are forced to be charismatic at TED talks.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Top Bottom