• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Which type(s) do you deviate towards, are you interested in, and/or understand best?

deathvirtuoso

Local time
Today 12:27 PM
-->
A trend I noticed in myself is that not only does the type matter, but the gender as well. For example, I am interested in male ENFJs and ISFPs. Both types are usually represented by females. I am interested in female ISTPs (but one self-proclaimed female ISTP put me off real bad I'm praying she's just an unhealthy and self-absorbed ISxP). I tend to be more interested in the less common gender.

I'm not sure which types I deviate towards, but I sure as hell know to stay the fuck away from xNTJ especially ENTJs. Male or female, their inflated egos and stubbornness (even when facts are in their faces) have no limit. I really hate to generalize, but I am scarred. I am fucking appalled. Let's move on now.

Apart from your own type, which type do you think you understand the most? I think I understand ENTPs most.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 12:27 AM
-->
Well my BFF is an INTJ, I understand a lot about her but not necessarily the type itself.
I know a lot of INFPs. Don't really understand them either /;-;/
I know the introverted intuitive types more than any others though.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
-->
Well my BFF is an INTJ, I understand a lot about her but not necessarily the type itself.
I know the introverted intuitive types more than any others though.

I know many, many INFPs as well. I'm a teenager, and I'm wondering if it's because the people around me are those going through "teenage angst" which is why they tend to score as an INFP. I scored as an INFP initially, but my counsellor was so shocked that she couldn't hide her shock when I said I scored as INFP. Lol it was amusing to see her try to hide her surprise. She found it incredible (and ridiculous) that I could have an F in the 4 alphabets. But anyway, I was depressed which led me to being typed as an INFP. My ENFP friend was typed as INFP when she was "more depressed". It just seems unreasonable to have more than half of my typed friends as INFP. I strongly believe a lot boils down to "teenage angst". I can't be the only one without the letter F...

Nebulous

Local time
-->
So all the actual INFPs live in an eternal state of teenage angst :D
I agree though. I'm pretty sure one of the "INFPs" I know is actually ISTP... She's the coolest person I know and reminds me a lot of Aragorn.
And then there's this INFP who does really well in school, gets all their work done on time, and is super duper smart. She's my lab partner and she always figures everything out before me. She's a major fangirl, of pretty much everything.
She's like a friendly INTJ. I'm so confused about her type.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
-->
You know I didn't mean it that way xD

But yeah, it makes no sense. The probability of the majority of people around me being INFPs is very low. A male classmate of mine scored more than 90% in I, F, N, and P respectively. It's not low 90s, but high ones, nearly 100%. I think the chances of someone scoring so high on each spectrum is very low... i really think many of them just identify with the "teenage angst" trend. Humans tend to be more sensitive and hormonal around this age. I'd like to say "we" (so as to not sound overly pretentious and alien-like) but I practically have no sex drive (and the tumblr shit is repelling). I've the tendency to say too many redundant things. Sorry.

Lol I wish I could be like your INTJ/INFP friend, because I don't even pay attention. (I feel like I can't, but what if those were just excuses...) sorry for rant and OOT again but god my future is so damn bleak and thanks for always replying to my threads

Edit: eh... Ignore that emoticon. I have no idea how it got there...
Edit: fuck... Let me just edit this.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
As an ESFP, I think most of who I hang out with are other SPs. And I think that's also who I have the best time understanding...except maybe ISTP?

I also get along really well with ENFP. Soo many similarities... But then again, who doesn't get along with ENFPs?

My Bffl is an ESFJ. We are very different. But life experience has bound us together. Sometimes, I completely understand her and other times it's like.. "Who are you?" It's weird. Fe can annoy me sometimes.

Most interested in all the NTs. That's probably why I'm here. I don't "get" you. Lol.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
A lot of my friends are Intuitives. I have one ISTP friend, and I think he's the only sensor in my little group of friends. I lean toward ENFJs. They're usually pretty cool, and I enjoy having an intuitive with enough differences to keep me interested. I'm cool with NTJs, because I've grown up with them. I don't hate SJs, but I seem to only have surface level relationships with them.

The majority of my friends are ENXX, which is cool.

I actually haven't made friends with many INTPs (outside the forum). I guess they're too similar.

I'm different from the standard INTP. I'm more emotional, and I can stand Extraverts more than others seem to.

I'm really not even sure I'm INTP. Am I INFJ? ENFJ? The world may never know.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
-->
A lot of my friends are Intuitives. I have one ISTP friend, and I think he's the only sensor in my little group of friends. I lean toward ENFJs. They're usually pretty cool, and I enjoy having an intuitive with enough differences to keep me interested. I'm cool with NTJs, because I've grown up with them. I don't hate SJs, but I seem to only have surface level relationships with them.

The majority of my friends are ENXX, which is cool.

I actually haven't made friends with many INTPs (outside the forum). I guess they're too similar.

I'm different from the standard INTP. I'm more emotional, and I can stand Extraverts more than others seem to.

I'm really not even sure I'm INTP. Am I INFJ? ENFJ? The world may never know.

I can stand extroverts too, and none of my friend believes I'm an introvert. Even if they do, they're still very shocked. Because I maintain an extroverted image for the sake of not standing out. I try to act like the rest.

I can't even find INTPs outside the forum. I've found one who isn't INTP, but tries too hard to be one. She once said, "Extroverts are stupid. I need to try to be more introverted." She tested as ExFP, I heard from another friend. OOT sorry.

Man, I quite like ENFJs too. I know a female ENFJ. But almost everyone says she's fake behind her back. Many people get "fake vibes" from her. I'm pretty clueless. Do you get "fake vibes" from your friend(s)? She's pretty though, wonder if it's jealousy.

You took the test and scored as INTP? I personally think we shouldn't take the test too seriously. I think you should study the few types you suspect yourself to be (INTP, xNFJ) and objectively infer which you think you relate to the best.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:27 PM
-->
NFs are attracted to me like white on rice. No idea why though.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
-->
NFs are attracted to me like white on rice. No idea why though.

Same, one of them (INFP) even felt that we had some kind of connection. She said she knew I was "different" when she first saw me and that we could connect or something like that... Among every human I know, she is the one I guess I'm most "connected" with, but I honestly doubt I could ever fully "connect" with anyone. Ok, connect sounds weird, but that was the term she used... Our connection, to me, is probably less than 45% that being said, the people (friends) around me are usually NFs. All my family members are SJs though, a fresh change.

Edit:

I used to think it's easier to connect to anyone with an N, then I met my (many) NF friends, and I thought perhaps NT. But right now, I feel like it's nearly impossible to feel connected to anyone... It's like our minds are wired differently. I just act like I feel/think the same way as you do...

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
-->
I'm not sure which types I deviate towards, but I sure as hell know to stay the fuck away from xNTJ especially ENTJs. Male or female, their inflated egos and stubbornness (even when facts are in their faces) have no limit. I really hate to generalize, but I am scarred. I am fucking appalled. Let's move on now.

Perhaps you have just been unfortunate in that you have only encountered poorly developed xNTJs. Personally, I'm quite self-effacing. I know what I know, and I'm acutely aware of what I don't - and will tell gladly you so. I'm also open to having my ideas challenged. I don't see this as a threat, or something to back away from; if someone can point out something I missed and therefore tidy up / bring further clarity to my thinking, I'm always appreciative. I actively request that people harshly critique my work, because I want to ensure that I'm not overlooking something daft.

So yeah. Don't be put off. We aren't all bad ;)

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
-->
I also am wary around INTJs. I generally prefer people in this order: xxFJ, xxTP, xxFP, xxTJ

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
I've got along great with ENFJ's, and some ISTP's. But it really does depend on the circumstances, and the individual person. I usually stay clear of NTJ's as well from bad experiences, but also have known a female INTJ for number of years and we get along. From a small interaction, I did run into a male ENFJ that was sexually perverse with girls, and I was uncomfortable. (You'd think I mistyped, but it's hard to explain. It has to be possible that there is a variety in each type, right?). I don't get to know very many people, so my list is limited.

A random thought:
Probably just as much you don't understand them, they don't understand themselves to a much larger degree. Maybe, it becomes a great striving for them to figure this out. When they try to look to themselves objectively, they get the same puzzlement that everyone else does. Generally, they attempt to piece it together by summing up other people's opinions and remarks. This would explain a lot of thier behaviour. But it's counter-logical because you'd think Fi would be excellent at knowing themselves.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I also am wary around INTJs.

I'm surprised by remarks such as these. INTJs and INTPs are supposed to get along famously, what with us being NT brothers and sisters in arms and all.

My best friend is an INTP. I have two other close friends. One is an INTJ, the other is... I have no idea. But definitely T.

I think y'all having bad experiences with wanky INTJs.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I can stand extroverts too, and none of my friend believes I'm an introvert. Even if they do, they're still very shocked. Because I maintain an extroverted image for the sake of not standing out. I try to act like the rest.

I can't even find INTPs outside the forum. I've found one who isn't INTP, but tries too hard to be one. She once said, "Extroverts are stupid. I need to try to be more introverted." She tested as ExFP, I heard from another friend. OOT sorry.

Man, I quite like ENFJs too. I know a female ENFJ. But almost everyone says she's fake behind her back. Many people get "fake vibes" from her. I'm pretty clueless. Do you get "fake vibes" from your friend(s)? She's pretty though, wonder if it's jealousy.

You took the test and scored as INTP? I personally think we shouldn't take the test too seriously. I think you should study the few types you suspect yourself to be (INTP, xNFJ) and objectively infer which you think you relate to the best.

Lately I've reconciled with myself, and I've completely stopped thinking in terms of myself as a set type. It gets restricting.

I have an ENFJ friend, and I don't really get fake vibes or anything. I think that could go with why people who don't like her feel like that. ENFJs may be social, but they tend not to be really superficial.

My father's an ENFJ, and he's never fake with anyone. Growing up with Intuitives has helped me appreciate and enjoy deep connections and deep conversations, so I've never seen many Ns as fake.

I took some function tests today, and I scored an "unclear" on the function test, and ENXP on the other. I know that ENFP and INFP don't fit me, there's no way I'm not a Fe user. I'll take some more though, it's been a while.

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
-->
I'm surprised by remarks such as these. INTJs and INTPs are supposed to get along famously, what with us being NT brothers and sisters in arms and all.

My best friend is an INTP. I have two other close friends. One is an INTJ, the other is... I have no idea. But definitely T.

haha well the INTJs I know tend to rub me the wrong way for the following reasons: they don't like to talk about theoretical stuff and explore ideas that are not about practical needs, any debates always end up with the same empiricism vs. rationalism lock, they see life almost like a business and care about doing what they can to achieve their profits (whether it be monetary, fun, or whatever goal they have) but forget about the importance of emotional connection with others along the way, the emotional connection they do make is more about their worldview rather than empathy and understanding other people's feelings.

It's actually kind of weird, INTPs are the one with inferior F but I find them warmer than INTJ, maybe it is an Fe vs Fi thing.

I am sure there are wonderful INTJs out there, like you! But I haven't been able to meet any yet so am a little scared.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I took a few more tests to dive into other possibilities, and the results were funny. On one I got INFP, but that test couldn't differentiate Fe from Fi. The other one would say YOU MAY BE if you were very close on certain parts, and I got uncertain for everything except N. I guess I managed to take the MBTI and get 8 types at once. Does that mean I win?

Inquisitor

Local time
-->

Your avatar is ugly and disgusting. Please change it. I'm not joking.

As for your post...I usually get along well with INTJs. The Ni-Te is a nice complement to my Ti-Ne. But I think I benefit more from them than they do from me. Unless they're heavily into philosophy.

Top Bottom