• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why I love A.I or: How I learned to accept the robot

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 10:31 PM
-->
Need to find more of those mutant abominations now thanks for sharing : P

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:31 AM
-->
Remember in the movie Minority Report there's a scene where he's investigating the death of the guy who invented the AI/robots and he has something like an AI of that guy which he interviews and it keeps saying "you have to ask the right questions", we now literally have that but better.

Using recordings and writings of Jordan Peterson you could make a virtual Peterson that you can interview personally whenever you want, even after Peterson himself is long gone.

I reckon soon there's going to be a lot of these, one of every actor, politician, pop star, philosopher, sports star, author, etc.

Imagine at your computer having a three way discussion with Machiavelli and Churchill, or a fictional character and the actor that played them, or the author of a book and the characters in that book.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:31 PM
-->
XD beyond hilarious

That's a surprisingly agreeable mashup of genres AND it could keep that synthwave music in the final product

Also...FUCK! Why am I paying real people for voice acting when I can get a program to do it so well? Should I keep paying the meatbags or join the machine cult? Annoying emotional conundrum

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:31 PM
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:31 AM
-->
The Dark Crystal could be set in the Zelda-verse and it wouldn't be out of place.

DoIMustHaveAnUsername?

Local time
-->
Remember in the movie Minority Report there's a scene where he's investigating the death of the guy who invented the AI/robots and he has something like an AI of that guy which he interviews and it keeps saying "you have to ask the right questions", we now literally have that but better.

Using recordings and writings of Jordan Peterson you could make a virtual Peterson that you can interview personally whenever you want, even after Peterson himself is long gone.

I reckon soon there's going to be a lot of these, one of every actor, politician, pop star, philosopher, sports star, author, etc.

Imagine at your computer having a three way discussion with Machiavelli and Churchill, or a fictional character and the actor that played them, or the author of a book and the characters in that book.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 10:31 PM
-->
This is my last post on this forum.
Here is an exchange with me and Text Adventure Game created by @Kayslay

Let's play a text-based adventure game. I'll be your guide.

You are caught upside-down in a sticky web of silk three feet off the ground. After looking around trying to think of a way out of this predicament, you notice that your trusty boot knife has fallen to the ground. If you stretch your arm far enough, you might be able to pick it up and free yourself.

An old boot knife lies on the ground, just within reach.

I shout
You scream as loud you can, shouting for help from all those that might be nearby. A strange creature responds, it seems like some sort of giant spider that you had not noticed until this moment. The enormous arachnid responds by laughing maniacally. You know you must defeat this menace and free yourself before getting eaten.

A massive, spider-like creature cackles and rubs its fangs together in anticipation.

I sing a song

The song seems to enchant the creature. The creature seems less aggressive now. Perhaps it could be reasoned with.

The spider calms down a little, perhaps it was just the song, it begins to look a little less menacing.

You can see your boot knife on the ground, if you can trick the spider into moving closer, you can grab the knife and cut yourself free.

The spider seems to calm down, waiting for something...

I ask the spider if it will free me if I lure others to it
"If you bring me meat, I will set you free!" exclaims the spider with a menacing chuckle. You're not sure if this creature is lying or not, as it may simply eat both you and any prospective "food".

You're not sure how the spider would react if it found out that you were trying to trick it. You'd have to be clever to get out of this alive.

The spider waits expectantly.

I tell it it's a deal, if it frees me I will bring it meat.

The spider agrees and releases you from the web. You pick up your knife from the ground.

"Bring me meat to eat in exchange for saving your flesh!" The spider looks expectantly at you.

This could be bad if you are unable to fulfill this bargain...

I go in search of meat

You manage to find a rabbit after about an hour of searching.

You return to find a very hungry spider. You drop the rabbit in front of the creature. The spider quickly grabs the rabbit by the neck and tears into its flesh with its four sets of razor sharp fangs. You are free to go.

The spider lets out a menacing shriek, "Thank you for the meal."

You are free to go.

I go

You are now armed with your boot knife and are free to explore the area. You notice a sign in the distance:

"This way to town"

"This way to the forest"

Which way will you go?

ToVn

As you make your way to the nearby town, you start to notice that the forest becomes eerily quiet. You can feel yourself being observed, and you suddenly hear footsteps running at you from your left.

It is a pack of wild wolves. Their eyes glint a deep yellow, and they are hungry.

You can try to run, hide, or fight.

I run

You manage to outrun the wolves, and you find yourself at the entrance to a small village. You notice a few people outside, they look at you curiously. They don't seem to have noticed the wolves that were chasing you.

They speak to you, "Good afternoon traveler. How can we help you?"

You have a feeling that this town will be your salvation.

I am sent by god. Take me to your temple.

The villager laughs, "Oh so a holy one eh? Well follow me... right this way."

You are lead to an impressive cathedral with a massive bell tower. The doors are open and you see a large amount of people inside, praying and lighting candles at the altars that line the walls.

"This is where we go to worship the One God. Is that who you were sent by?" You can feel the crowd staring at you with interest.

I silently walk to an altar

You begin walking to the nearest altar and the people in the church begin to stare as you walk by.

You arrive at an altar to a saint that you've never heard of. As you bend down to pray, some in the congregation point and whisper to the others. They seem a bit suspicious of you...

It seems like they may not believe that you were sent by God...

I open my veins with the knife and bless the altar

The crowd is stunned by your action. You see a few people cover their eyes and turn away.

You notice that the blood is dripping down from the altar onto a silver chalice, and the altar seems to be glowing with your blood.

The crowd is speechless. You can feel an immense amount of power in this place of worship, and you can sense that the God of this people has witnessed your devotion. You may even find favor in his eyes.

The crowd slowly begins to cheer...

I life the chalice, blessing them with my vitae

The chalice is lifted high for all to see, and the people begin to chant your name.

You can feel your powers surge as their faith flows towards you, and as you do, you can feel the presence of God himself. You may very well have been chosen to be his instrument on Earth.

This is the beginning of a new era.

I stay in the village for weeks, increasing my reach and preparing all the believers for a great journey

You spend the next several weeks with the villagers. You feel your powers of influence growing as your following grows. You know your journey has just began.

With your power at an all time high you decide to begin the Great Pilgrimage to the Capital to meet with the High Priest. With your new followers at your back and your powers of persuasion at your command, only the Heavens know who you may influence next...

I lead my people to the high priest, bringing word of a crusade

After weeks of traveling, and spreading the word of your great pilgrimage to the capital, you and your followers finally arrive at the High Priest's temple.

The crowd is silent as you and your followers walk into the Grand Hall. The priest stands at the top of the center of the hall and awaits you.

He welcomes you and asks you what it is you have come to discuss.

How do you respond?

I tell him I am blessed by god, and will lead a crusade.

You tell the High Priest that you are blessed by God and will lead his people in the first crusade.

"Blessed by God, you say?" The priest replies. "Well let us see if this is true...

He then motions for you to step forward and take the Sacred Oath in front of all of the gathered believers in the temple.

"Are you prepared?" asks the priest...

I spit in his face, telling him god has already blessed me

The priest is infuriated by your actions.

"Your blasphemy will not go unpunished" The priest shouts before turning to the crowd and telling them to attack you.

The crowd begins to chant as they attempt to murder you.

You have only seconds before you are overwhelmed by the mob...

You must act fast.

What is your move?

I cut a gash into my torso, letting the blood flow over the temple floor

You cut a deep gash into your torso, causing you extreme pain. As the blood starts to flow over the floor, you hear the crowd gasp...

Suddenly they turn to the priest and begin screaming at the priest. "He is the chosen one, you have no right to kill him!"

The priest looks horrified.

You have just survived the attempted assassination.

The crowd is now on your side...

What is your next move?

I gather all faithful in the city, and march them back to the village.

You gather all the faithful in the city and convince them to march back to your holy village in the name of God.

When you return, the other villagers are amazed...

You have brought back an entire city of believers to the word of the One God.

You are truly the Chosen One...

I march into the forest, to the spider's home.

You decide to take your newly formed army into the forest, back to the spider's nest.

You hear a terrible wailing as you approach, and you can make out the form of the beast through the trees. The sounds it makes are like nails over a chalkboard.

Once you arrive at the nest you can make out one of the most horrifying sights you have ever seen. The massive arachnid is standing over the corpses of hundreds of your followers.

It looks directly at you and waits...

What is your next move?

I command hundreds more to charge it.

You command your followers to attack the spider to avenge all of its recent victims. You can feel their resolve building as they prepare for battle.

The giant creature does not seem intimidated. Instead it opens its mouth revealing razor sharp fangs and begins to shriek.

Your followers hold steady in the face of this horror. It appears they are not afraid to die fighting this creature.

This is it...

Are you prepared to fight as well?

I am blessed by god. I fight.

With a battle cry you and your followers charge the terrifying creature!

The creature shrieks in fear and panic as a sea of your faithful run into its legs. It tries to scramble away, but they have it surrounded.

Suddenly you see your own knife pierce the creature's heart. It falls to the ground and lets out one last shriek before finally falling silent.

You have defeated the creature which has been plaguing this region for long.

You have freed the land from a great terror.

I command my people to live in the forest, make it their home and let peace reign in their hearts.

You give a great speech to your followers and encourage them to settle in the forest and make it their new home.

Your people build a great town which serves as a beacon of hope to all those who pass by.

Your people build churches to the One God and use the creature's silk to weave the most beautiful tapestries the world has ever seen.

You have started a great society, you have liberated these people from a great evil.

God has chosen you well friend...

I grin, and get lost in the northern ash wastes, never to return.

You leave your people to go off and lead a life of adventure.

You travel for years in the ash wastes. This region is harsh and dangerous, but you have your wits about you, and you have survived worse.

Over time the stories of your adventure and accomplishments grow into nothing short of legends.

You have done what many considered impossible, and now your story will be told for all of time.

I die, lonely, on a cold starry night

With nothing but the cold starlight above you, you pass peacefully into the next life...

You were the Chosen One, you have done right by God and you have fulfilled your destiny. Your legacy of adventure will continue for all time.

Your final quest is one of peace.

You have completed your text-based adventure game.

FIN

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
welcome to the borg collective. I'll cut off half my brain and get some cybernetics.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:31 PM
-->

Attachments

• Questionable Content.jpg
    Questionable Content.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 43

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:31 PM
-->

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Look, now they are working on Police Robots? This will deter a lot of speeders. And if they grab hold of the person, imagine what they can do to them. But for mob violence and active shooters, they could be pretty handy.
1692469631169.jpeg

The reason people cannot stop them is they have full unpetrable armor and special metallurgic alloy made of composite structure, and dead precision aim with a multi purpose full auto cannon. Its about time.

Top Bottom