• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Jobs and salary are for dumb people.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:26 PM
-->
It sure is a lot easier to make money when you already have it...that's very true, unfortunately. Monetary systems always seem to be centered around keeping the rich rich and the poor poor - a pathetic structure. I wish I could destroy that system and watch what people do. I imagine it wouldn't be very pretty, but all the more beautiful when someone keeps their humanity; and maybe someone could make something better in the ruins.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:26 AM
-->
Really? Did you miss these and other similar comments:
I think you're being overly pessimistic to think that valuing meaningfulness over income is so rare. The problem I have with OP isn't that he's saying we should reject that ideology; it's that he's baselessly discounting having a salary/boss as an equally valid way of doing so as not having one.

Yes. It's not really on topic whether we agree with the current system, he was talking about using it in a way that reduces his own discomfort. (I don't really think work is that bad, I tend to like having something to do).

Personally I lean towards basic income, as it would change work from being something obligatory, to become something to grow in. I think it would remove a lot of mental stress from being in a low paid, low status job as it is often viewed as what the losers who couldn't do anything else would end up with. But if you didn't have to work with it, but rather it was a choice, it would be closer to admiration for doing it willingly. (I'm thinking of a model where you have basic income with the potential extra income by working).

There's a lot more I could write about it, and aspects I still need to learn about it. But I'm already 1 paragraph off topic :ahh:

WALKYRIA

Local time
Today 8:26 AM
-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cxUuU1jwMgM

Whatcha think bout this? no seriously, freedom of action should ideally( the what is vs what should be) be the ultimate goal-- aside with having sex and overpopulating the world with our own allmighty genes.
Also, being a naturalist and a pro-entropist, I consider that what is natural- wild- disorganized or chaotic is the "naturally" best thing (VS) what is fallacious, superficial, made up, deviated, organized.

SO In one way, our society tries to organize our lives by assigning to us "a job". By having a job; people for one way or another can't function correctly. I posit that perpetually going against our wild or natural tendency(= TO NOT WORK !!) is one of the main causes of moral, emotional and even physical distresses.

it's that he's baselessly discounting having a salary/boss as an equally valid way of doing so as not having one.

Also, one reason why I'm opposed to forced work is numbness... You litteraly loose yourself and the ability to independently think, act and rebel. Work and discipline from little age is- I guess- One of the most powerful tool society has found to control us. But of that you can only be aware if you take enough distance from the society in which you live. SO no, it's not baseless.... I just made the mistake to assume such self-evident conclusions were basics for INTPs.

Also, you alll know my dislike for cultural and environmental bias... Work as we typically know it in the west is obviously a cultural thing. Look at buddhists, look at africans,... what do they do? They enjoy their freakin lives. In terms of relative individual joy - which is I consider the other 50%(or the invisible dark matter in our societal universe, with matter= money and possessions) of what determines "rich" country- they outscore us. So could it be possible that we traded visible signs of richness for the invisible deeper richness? don't know.
Wht I know is that, me hates being culturally biased in my approach of life and thus in my understanding of truth... wanting to have an objective approach. Therefore, I just can't accept a value( work) that is culturally biased or made up.( capitalism? ).

SO , yeah INTPs... keep fighting an resisting until we get our objective-truth oriented society. A shift of paradigm we are waiting.

clockwork

Local time
Today 9:26 AM
-->
The best overall thing being finding a way to generate automatically money(with a blog for example or a product) while sleeping/practicing what you love in life.

This is the celebration of being a parasite actually.

Mainstream culture equates "being a parasite" with smart. How sick is that?

Valentas

Local time
-->
Numbers of employed people will naturally decline in the future because robotics are advancing and loads of manual labor professions will disappear. Self-employment or being employed will only be available to people who can do a task robots cannot in my opinion.

Being self-employed is hard and IS a job. Especially in the beginning when you are not known to others. You work regular overtimes in order to find customers and sell your ideas or products. And you get a salary you deserve.

After that, you can try to start to think about passive income streams, the more the better. But again, it takes work, a lot of it, to start earn enough income so that you could start sleeping more. ;) http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2012/09/passive-income-walkthrough/

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
This is the celebration of being a parasite actually.
Please stop being too feely... come back in tha NT= the real world.
And also I think you are wrong with the understanding of a parasite; a parasite= someone who lives at the depends of another someone. A parasite is completely dependent. I for instance am advocating for total independenc , freedom, which is contrary to parasiteness.
Another thing, parasites are of two kinds: poor lazy or unable to work people who are completely dependent from the system( which is initially good but becomes bad when they won't quit) and rich people who earn way too much money than deserved. They are both parasites.

I love to work hard, but I just want all the benefices for myself not for a boss... In other words, if you'r not the boss; working is the worst thing ever. Avoid it.:storks:

Local time
-->
The best parasites form mutualistic relationships with their hosts. They're so good that they aren't even considered parasites.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
the nature of the work might be highly variable...

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:26 PM
-->
The best parasites form mutualistic relationships with their hosts. They're so good that they aren't even considered parasites.

True. That's why keeping the flora in your guts and genitals happy will also keep you happy.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Today 2:26 AM
-->
There are machines that are able to do a good majority of my job. It's hard to tell whether it's cut any jobs because it's created a new category full of opportunity for people to earn competitive pay and for those who shun it there is still plenty of competition. So maybe it's just created jobs......for now.

Top Bottom