• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Last movie you watched

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 11:44 AM
-->
Cool, glad you enjoyed that, I liked Samadhi as well. Next I've been skimming some Ram Dass teachings.
These videos are great because they summarize lifetimes worth of knowledge, I feel lucky to be able to watch it all and learn so much in a few videos.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Kid builds his own mini submarine:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

I don't THINK this is just fake news, and it sounds AWFUL. You do NOT want to get signed up for these Food tokens:

As I searched under Rumbles Big Dig videos, I'm no longer sure, but just in case...here is information.

Get Your One Health Token From the World Health Organization​

The outcome will be food tokens, medically tailored meals and prescription food programs that dictate what you eat
  • Part of this is a new “food is medicine” agenda, which is being put in place to ultimately screen, track and control people through food, according to investigative journalist Corey Lynn
  • The Rockefeller Foundation, the American Heart Association and Kroger have already partnered to develop and launch the Food is Medicine Research Initiative, which includes programs like produce prescriptions and medically tailored meals
  • Expect that as the Food is Medicine initiative ramps up, you’ll hear more about the “necessity” of bioengineered food, lab-grown meat and insects for “good” human health and to protect the planet

As the global cabal continues to wage its war against the sovereignty of humanity, we're continuing to expose the unrestricted privileges and layers of immunity enjoyed by powerful organizations worldwide.

In November 2022, we featured Part 1 of investigative journalist Corey Lynn's Laundering With Immunity report, which revealed 76 international organizations and banks that enjoy and leverage these immunities, privileges and tax exemptions to maintain power and control.

"These aren't just ordinary organizations," Lynn explains. "They happen to be the prime organizations that run the new world order globalists' agendas against humanity, and they have hundreds of NGOs working with and through them."

discussed in detail in the video above,
goes even deeper into key organizations pulling the strings behind the scenes, allowing them to "operate as ghosts without transparency or accountability." "Hold onto your seats," Lynn says.

Layers of Immunity Allow for World Domination

To understand the threat that comes along with granting organizations the power to operate outside of laws and constitutions, it helps to understand how deep the layers of immunity go. The International Organizations Immunities Act (IOIA), passed by the U.S. Congress in 1945, granted dozens of organizations with privileges that equate to that of diplomats.

Each organization's headquarters receives additional protections from the government of the country in which it's located, via "headquarters agreements." Further, the protected organizations can extend their immunities to individuals, organizations or banks working with them, including family members of staff. According to Lynn:

"To put it in layman terms, a wealthy bunch of corrupt families got together centuries ago and plotted how they wanted to control the world. The challenge was in how they would get around constitutions, state laws and international laws so they could operate outside the system that the rest of humanity had to function within.
This would afford them the ability to move like ghosts, transfer wealth, and camouflage all of their schemes with false storylines as they secured more and more control with each decade, while alleging how 'transparent' they are.
Getting the banking systems into place, such as the Bank for International Settlements, the Federal Reserve, the World Bank Group, and central banks was the key step in building the ghost-like infrastructure. Making sure BlackRock and Vanguard had top shareholder positions in every major corporation in order to bend and squeeze them into submission, was also a necessary evil."

The Little-Known Entity in Control of the Western Hemisphere

After establishing the banking systems such as the Federal Reserve, the globalists needed a way to act on international laws and treaties, manipulating them as needed to maintain control. This is where the United Nations, which enjoys 22 IOIA immunities and privileges, comes in, along with a much lesser-known entity — the Organization of American States (OAS).

OAS is headquartered in Washington, D.C., just outside of the White House, yet it's rarely mentioned by U.S. media. First started in 1890 as the International Union of American Republics, OAS has gone through several name changes over the decades and now operates in 35 member states in the Western Hemisphere, in an area that's home to more than 1 billion people.

It manages the Western Hemisphere and also hosts the World Health Organization's regional office via the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), which was originally founded in 1902 to control the spread of epidemics between countries.

"PAHO is the oldest and largest regional health organization, and has long coordinated with the OAS through projects, funding, goals, and even shared a building at one point. Today, PAHO is a 'specialized organization' of the OAS," Lynn says.

OAS, meanwhile, works alongside the UN, but is not under its control. Lynn continues:

The WHO is to the UN as PAHO is to the OAS. Two very powerful organizations that are in lock-step, consisting of member states that account for the entire global population, and the OAS with headquarters just steps away from the White House and the UN Foundation even closer, with immunities and privileges that afford them the ability to keep forging ahead with the New World Order agenda.
… Their budget may be far smaller than the UN, but their reach isn't. OAS has also granted permanent observer status to over 72 states, as well as to the European Union, who all enjoy immunities and privileges."
Further, all of OAS' agencies and entities are granted their immunities and privileges, via their headquarters agreement with the U.S. and other agreements. Here's just a sampling of these OAS entities:

Inter-American Council for Integral Development
  • Inter-American Juridical Committee
  • Inter-American Children's Institute
  • Inter-American Commission on Women
  • Inter-American Indian Institute
  • Inter-American Agency for Cooperation Development
  • Justice Studies Center of The Americas
  • Inter-American Committee Against Terrorism
  • Inter-American Committee on Natural Disaster Reduction
  • Inter-American Court of Human Rights
  • Inter-American Defense Board
  • Inter-American Defense College
  • Inter-American Development Bank
  • Inter-American Drug Abuse Control Commission
  • Inter-American Juridical Committee

OAS Enjoys 'Unprecedented Level of Protection,' Power

The immunities and privileges granted to OAS allows it to avoid both transparency and accountability. Under IOAI, for instance, OAS gets the following benefits:

Property and assets immune from suit and judicial process
  • Immunity from search and seizure of property and assets
  • Archives are inviolable
  • Exempt from all forms of taxes
  • Admission of officers, employees and their family members without checks from customs
  • Officers and employees exempt from all legal actions relating to work activities
  • No alien registration or fingerprinting of employees and immediate family members
OAS is also involved in elections throughout the globe, carrying out "electoral observation missions." "And by 'observation,'" Lynn notes, "that means financing a team to travel to the country, monitor, analyze, verify compliance, be a channel between conflict, make recommendations, and provide reports that carry weight by 'extensive and recognized technical expertise.'"

OAS oversaw a recent election in Brazil that many residents consider stolen, and the U.S. requested OAS election services in 2016 for the first time in history. OAS observers were deployed to 13 U.S. states.

Agreements also exist beyond government entities into the Big Tech sector and beyond. Lynn explains:
"The OAS doesn't just work with governments; they have a registry with over 465 civil society groups that work in different areas for the member states. The registry provides the exchange of information to assist in creating governmental policies, which includes dialogue between governments, international organizations and the civil society groups.
The International Planned Parenthood Federation is part of the 465 civil society groups, along with Lawyers Without Borders, Amnesty International, National Wildlife Federation, Center for Reproductive Rights, Center for International Environmental Law, Open Society Institute, and Rotary, just to name a few.
George Soros was a keynote speaker for the OAS Lecture Series of The Americas in 2006. Additionally, they have an OAS Consortium of Universities they work with to provide training programs and offer scholarship opportunities."

Who Funds the OAS?

OAS has a budget of about 142 million. The U.S. funds more than 50 percent of it. However, each of OAS' "specialized agencies and entities" has its own budget and funding, with deep globalist connections. For instance, Lynn notes:

"Take PAHO for example, whose operating budget was increased in 2022-2023 to over 881 million. Under the agreement between PAHO and the WHO, that increases the amount the WHO must contribute to PAHO, bringing it to over[/imath]291 million. The Rockefeller Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and numerous other globalists all fund PAHO."
Digging deeper, OAS has five areas of funding, one of which is "trust funds." The nonprofit Trust for the Americas, which has conducted projects in 24 countries, is just one of those trusts. It's received funding from USAID, Microsoft, Mastercard, Citi, Walmart and U.S. embassies, for starters. Other corporate giants also contribute to OAS funds. Among them:

Amazon Web Services
  • Cisco Systems
  • Citibank
  • Ford Foundation
  • Google
  • Hilton Foundation
  • Meta Platforms
  • Microsoft
  • The United Nations

A 'Powerhouse of Ruin' Is Coming

Unless the immunities granted to OAS, the UN, the Federal Reserve and others are rescinded, and multiple governments pull out of these organizations, Lynn says, "no battle can be won."

Meanwhile, Agenda 2030, aimed at reducing middle-class' consumption of basic goods and energy, which includes limiting, with an eye toward eliminating, property rights and private ownership for future generations, is barreling toward us. She explains:

"Together, the BIS [Bank for International Settlements], Central Banks, UN, OAS, and the other international organizations and banks enjoying immunities and privileges, are a powerhouse that has the ability to move undetected, behind closed doors, with no transparency or accountability, and move their agendas forward with little to no legal ramifications.
While people go about their days putting their children to bed, sending them off to school, getting themselves to work, and cooking a family dinner, these masterminds are plotting out everyone's future in a gradual manner that most don't recognize as the global takeover that it is.
And yet, the clock ticks down as they attempt to accomplish their ultimate goal in less than seven years — a digital world with a digital workforce, a genderless society with no individualism or self-identity, a transhumanist decay where humans meld with robots, in an environment where these powers hold the keys to control everything one needs to survive on, all with the exception of one thing — one's soul."

Three Steps to Fight Back — and Win

All is not yet lost, however, and Lynn offers three solid strategies to attack this globalist threat:

1. Share this information far and wide, via journalists, social media, podcasts and your community. "The louder we are and the more we push, the harder it becomes for them to push back, and they are forced to change directions and switch up their game, and they get sloppy," she says.
  2. Tell your legislator that the immunities and privileges granted to OAS and other organizations need to be revoked, and "demand that their country pull out of the UN and OAS." Lynn adds, "They need to nullify the Federal Reserve and get out of the central banks and build state banks and a sovereign state that doesn't rely on the federal government."
  3. Stop funding this enslavement system. This means not doing business with associated banks, stocks, apps and devices, and not shopping at big box stores or using convenience systems that act as forms of entrapment. Also, Lynn adds, "Stop complying with so-called rules, mandates, and regulations that are meant to break you. These people think they own you — prove them wrong."

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
The Untouchables - and it was good.

dr froyd

Today 4:44 PM
-->
has anyone seen the oppenheimer movie, is it worth watching?

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Well, I can' only start a watch party if people are already on amazon prime I guess, so it might not work.

Heres a link for untouchables as a watch party if anyone wants to watch it now (7-20-23)

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Go to 1:22 and follow instructions on how to open heart chakra or throat chakra, amazing! It really works:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Oppenheimer watch party
You need an amazon prime account and pay 4.99, and this will expire in 48 hours:

dr froyd

-->
if i had amazon prime i would join

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Ok, I saw it, it was a long documentary. Here is what Mother Jones magazine says about it:

There is much to admire in Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer.
The directing, script, editing, sound design and acting are all extraordinary. Nolan deserves high praise for tackling this difficult and sprawling subject and raising questions about one of the most sensitive issues in our history, a raw nerve even today: America’s use of atomic weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which killed at least 150,000 civilians.
Even in a three-hour movie, Nolan had to leave out a lot of vital material, in part because of his secondary focus on Oppenheimer’s infamous security clearance hearing almost a decade after he left Los Alamos. Still, his film omits or downplays several important—even crucial—aspects of America’s 1945 detonations that continue to haunt us today.
Notably, the new film barely touches on arguments that were expressed back then, not in retrospect, against using the bomb. Ditto the deadly radiation the new weapon produced, and the secrecy that surrounded it—starting with the Trinity test, when a radioactive cloud drifted over nearby villagers who were not warned, and were then lied to about the fallout effects. This combination of lethality and secrecy would have extensive and tragic results in the decades after Hiroshima.
Nagasaki’s fate is also ignored, save three or four brief and rather forced mentions in the final hour of the picture. But Nolan’s most significant failing lies in not confronting—and in some ways sustaining—the popular narrative around the decision to drop the bombs, one that endures in government and media circles and among many historians, and is thereby reflected in public opinion polls.
Greg Mitchell explains the full, and hard-to-swallow, history of the new film. Click on the link below for more. https://bit.ly/44AAzKt

Someone ELSE wrote:
Most People have no idea of the utter rout of the Japanese Kwantung Army when the Soviet forces crossed into Manchuria. That, plus the atomic bombs, finally convinced the emperor and most of his advisers to end the war, but nationalistic hotheads in the Imperial Army still wanted to fight on and tried to stop the emperor’s radio address to the nation announcing the end of the war.

Someone ELSE wrote:
My father-in-law was part of the land invasion of Japan, that came ashore about 10-14 days after Hiroshima. His memories and the stories shared about the conditions, human losses, and devastation were some of the most harrowing war stories I've ever heard. Those who saw it, lived it--do not forget what they experienced.

And another:
Such a shameful part of our past, that deserves to be head in full without closing our eyes to the truth of what we did, as well as how we got there.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Mulholland Drive. Very weird movie, but I think I'll rewatch it to understand it better. Strange.

And Plane, it was actually a bit thrilling, was a good distraction!
And you'll never want to fly over Phillipine islands! They make their own laws.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
National Security was pretty funny. I burst out laughing a lot anyway.

Website to find good movies: It says River Wild 2023 is good.

dr froyd

-->
Come and See

im not gonna even try to describe in words what this movie is like, i think everyone should see it for themselves

the entire movie is available on youtube

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
barbie is probably an extremely retarded movie

but i am going to watch it anyway, just to see if it conforms to my expectations.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->

watched GT in theater in 4D it was alright, but it was painfully lame. I was expecting more visuals on cars, rather than drivers in helmets pretending to drive.
Seriously 4D sync with movie did not work.
I was shaking in the seat, and the camera was on some drivers face, like wtf fuckkity fuck?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I recommend the movie "We Have a Ghost"....
I was looking for something lighthearted like a comedy, and this was a good comedy in a long time.

It was simple, nothing forced just pure fun, and easy on the mind.
The end was dramatic and a tearjerker, but in a good way.
I loved every character in this movie. Even the villain.
I also liked the idea of the story and the way they did not complicate it too much as they do with some comedy.
Also like the fact they timed a lot of jokes in a well suited manner, so even the very playful and childish jokes were right on the spot, something most comedies tend to not have these days.
I was surprised this movie was released this year.
I laughed hard on the social media thing, because they literally did not have to exaggerate it to make it seem funny and real.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Paprika.
I recommend watching also this... to prep for the movie, if you don't want spoiler watch after, the movie merges fantasy and psychological concepts of the unconscious much like movies like inception or matrix.

Short explanation> Paprika is a inserted sudo character that helps people in their dreams to deal with complexes via a mental device.
Dreams capable of reshaping peoples complexes by Paprikas help.
Our own internal psychic elements are sometimes disjointed and unintegrated with our own psyche. Our inability to integrate certain facets of our own run away emotions causes us to be unable to deal with real life.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
AI for Biology at Harvard. They are altering human genomes (inside cells). Even reversing aging. Many other things, its wild.
  • Some of the largest tech companies in the world are competing to develop a ChatGPT-like engine for biology, based on large language models (LLMs)
  • One of the areas of using LLMs in biology is synthesis of completely new proteins
  • Their long-term ambition is to generate not just new proteins but also cells, organs, and whole organisms
  • A 2016 World Science Festival panel on human engineering is a great illustration of the bio engineers’ mindset
  • The participants of that panel, all renowned geneticists and bioethicists, discussed their ambition to manufacture people from scratch and to genetically engineer us to be smaller in size and allergic to meat, among other things
  • An adjacent “hot” topic of human engineering is “memory modification.” What can possibly go wrong …

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
“ Hopefully, [the ultimate search engine Google was
building] would never have a bug like HAL did where
he killed the occupants of the spaceship. ~ Sergey Brin
(NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, November 2002) ”
'ChatGPT' for Biology? A Dictatorship of Engineers
Analysis by Tessa Lena September 01, 2023
Some of the largest tech companies in the world are competing to develop a ChatGPT-
like engine for biology, based on large language models (LLMs)

One of the areas of using LLMs in biology is synthesis of completely new proteins
Their long-term ambition is to generate not just new proteins but also cells, organs, and
whole organisms

A 2016 World Science Festival panel on human engineering is a great illustration of the
bio engineers’ mindset

The participants of that panel, all renowned geneticists and bioethicists, discussed their
ambition to manufacture people from scratch and to genetically engineer us to be
smaller in size and allergic to meat, among other things

An adjacent “hot” topic of human engineering is “memory modication.” What can
possibly go wrong …

As if the ChatGPT craze weren’t bad enough, the $$$$$ winds are blowing in the
direction of trying to build a similar engine for biology — and on a large scale. Highly
perched individuals with a technocratic vision are betting on AI that would surveil every
nook and cranny in the body and then generate … well, something useful to them, they
hope. On my end, I am afraid to think what kind of Frankenstein such AI can generate.
The idea, as usual, is to feed the AI as much data as possible (biological data, in this
case), and hope that it will “understand” the “language of biology” — properties of
different elements and the connections between them — and then “intelligently” build
wondrous biological structures from scratch. Mommy, no.
A Few Thoughts About ChatGPT
Is generative AI’s current ability to mimic natural language and spit out perfect English
sentences on demand impressive? Yes, it’s a cute inanimate parrot and information
retriever, that generative AI.
But is it a reliable source of information? Nope! It makes things up unpredictably. It’s a
machine. An automaton. A Lego brick assembler. It does not think. It doesn’t feel. It
doesn’t “know” anything. It doesn’t “know” the meaning of the ones and zeros that it
spits out.
It is prone to the so called “hallucinations,” where the robot produces text that looks
plausible — but the “facts” are simply made up. And I am not talking about intentional
“lying” due to being programmed to propagandize — it does that, too — what I am talking
about here is “lying” for no reason, with no benet to anyone, just generating smooth-
sounding “facts” that are made up and packing them alongside the statements that are
factually correct.
Now let’s imagine how it would work in biology. I think they’ve made horror lms about
this kind of thing, no?
Large Language Models for Biology
In July of this year, Forbes magazine published an article that provides some insight into
the trend:
“As DeepMind CEO/cofounder Demis Hassabis put it: “At its most fundamental
level, I think biology can be thought of as an information processing system,
albeit an extraordinarily complex and dynamic one. Just as mathematics turned
out to be the right description language for physics, biology may turn out to be
the perfect type of regime for the application of AI.”
Large language models are at their most powerful when they can feast on vast
volumes of signal-rich data, inferring latent patterns and deep structure that go
well beyond the capacity of any human to absorb. They can then use this
intricate understanding of the subject matter to generate novel, breathtakingly
sophisticated output.
By ingesting all of the text on the internet, for instance, tools like ChatGPT have
learned to converse with thoughtfulness and nuance on any imaginable topic.
By ingesting billions of images, text-to-image models like Midjourney have
learned to produce creative original imagery on demand.
Pointing large language models at biological data — enabling them to learn the
language of life — will unlock possibilities that will make natural language and
images seem almost trivial by comparison … In the near term, the most
compelling opportunity to apply large language models in the life sciences is to
design novel proteins.”
AI for Proteins
In late 2020, Alphabet’s AI system called AlphaFold produced an alleged “solution to the
protein folding problem.” AlphaFold is said to have “correctly predicted proteins’ three-
dimensional shapes to within the width of about one atom, far outperforming any other
method that humans had ever devised.”
AlphaFold was not based on large language models but on an “older bioinformatics
construct called multiple sequence alignment (MSA), in which a protein’s sequence is
compared to evolutionarily similar proteins in order to deduce its structure.”
Recently, scientist started to explore using LLMs to predict protein structures. According
to Forbes, “protein language models (LLMs trained on protein sequences) have
demonstrated an astonishing ability to intuit [emphasis mine] the complex patterns and
interrelationships between protein sequence, structure and function: say, how changing
certain amino acids in certain parts of a protein’s sequence will affect the shape that the
protein folds into …
The idea of a protein language model dates back to the 2019 UniRep work out of George
Church’s lab at Harvard.” Let’s look at George Church and his work.
A Remarkable 2016 World Science Festival Panel
Remember the recently resurfaced short video clip from 2016 about “editing” humans to
be intolerant to meat? The panel was from the 2016 World Science Festival. It featured a
couple of renowned geneticists and bioethicists (George Church, Drew Endy, Gregory E.
Kaebnick, S. Matthew Liao) and Amy Harmon, a journalist from the New York Times. (I
wrote about it in detail here.)
The panelists talked about “manufacturing human DNA and whole new orphans people
from scratch, about germline editing (introducing heritable genetic changes, which, they
say, is already being done), about genetically editing people to be more compliant with
the current thing empathetic, or to be allergic to meat and smaller in size ‘for the planet,’
etc.”
George Church, now, is a very famous geneticist who has worked on age reversal,
barcoding mammalian cells (see his work on barcoding the whole mouse), recreating
the woolly mammoth, and “printing” DNA (with an implication of potentially
“manufacturing” human beings) from scratch.
He is “Professor of Genetics at Harvard Medical School and Director of
PersonalGenomes.org, which provides the world's only open-access information on
human Genomic, Environmental & Trait data (GET). His 1984 Harvard PhD included the
rst methods for direct genome sequencing, molecular multiplexing & barcoding.
These led to the rst genome sequence (pathogen, Helicobacter pylori) in 1994. His
innovations have contributed to nearly all "next generation" DNA sequencing methods
and companies (CGI-BGI, Life, Illumina, Nanopore).
This plus his lab's work on chip-DNA-synthesis, gene editing and stem cell engineering
resulted in founding additional application-based companies spanning elds of medical
diagnostics (Knome/PierianDx, Alacris, Nebula, Veritas) & synthetic biology /
therapeutics (AbVitro/Juno, Gen9/enEvolv/Zymergen/Warpdrive/Gingko, Editas,
Egenesis).
He has also pioneered new privacy, biosafety, ELSI, environmental & biosecurity
policies. He was director of an IARPA BRAIN Project and 3 NIH Centers for Excellence in
Genomic Science (2004-2020). His honors include election to NAS & NAE & Franklin
Bower Laureate for Achievement in Science. He has coauthored 650 papers, 156 patent
publications & a book (Regenesis).”
George Church has been working with DAPRA on various projects. For example, he has
been a part of Safe Genes initiative, seeking to “develop systems to safeguard genomes
by detecting, preventing, and ultimately reversing mutations that may arise from
exposure to radiation.”
That work was said to “involve creation of novel computational and molecular tools to
enable the development of precise editors that can distinguish between highly similar
genetic sequences. The team also plans to screen the effectiveness of natural and
synthetic drugs to inhibit gene editing activity [emphasis mine].” Additionally, he was
allegedly involved in DARPA’s BRAIN Initiative.
As a side note, in 2019, he apologized for working with Epstein after the latter pleaded
guilty, citing “nerd tunnel vision.” Now, before we look at another notable World Science
Festival panelist, S. Mathew Liao, let’s go back to large language models in biology and
see what we got there.
Inventing New Proteins
“All the proteins that exist in the world today represent but an innitesimally tiny fraction
of all the proteins that could theoretically exist. Herein lies the opportunity,” says Forbes.
I have one word for them: plastic. It was a wonderful invention at one time, and it sure
changed our lives and added a lot of convenience to it — but then it turned out that it
was not so great for our health, and now plastic can be found everywhere.
It can be found in the human brain, in placenta, and deep in the ocean — not to mention
mountains of it at landlls. And that’s just good ol’ plastic, something that was invented
during the “ancient times” of technological development, by the standards of today. But
back to Forbes:
“The total set of proteins that exist in the human body — the so-called ‘human
proteome’ — is estimated to number somewhere between 80,000 and 400,000
proteins. Meanwhile, the number of proteins that could theoretically exist is in
the neighborhood of 10^1,300 — an unfathomably large number, many times
greater than the number of atoms in the universe …
An opportunity exists for us to improve upon nature. After all, as powerful of a
force as it is, evolution by natural selection is not all-seeing; it does not plan
ahead; it does not reason or optimize in top-down fashion. It unfolds randomly
and opportunistically, propagating combinations that happen to work …
Using AI, we can for the rst time systematically and comprehensively explore
the vast uncharted realms of protein space in order to design proteins unlike
anything that has ever existed in nature, purpose-built for our medical and
commercial needs.”
What arrogance, dear God, just stop! The marketing brochure talks about curing
diseases and “creating new classes of proteins with transformative applications in
agriculture, industrials, materials science, environmental remediation and beyond.”
Methinks, it is going to be “transformative” alright but in what way, and for whose
benet? Not ours!
“The rst work to use transformer-based LLMs to design de novo proteins was
ProGen, published by Salesforce Research in 2020. The original ProGen model
was 1.2 billion parameters …
Another intriguing early-stage startup applying LLMs to design novel protein
therapeutics is Nabla Bio. Spun out of George Church’s lab at Harvard and led by
the team behind UniRep, Nabla is focused specically on antibodies.
Given that 60% of all protein therapeutics today are antibodies and that the two
highest-selling drugs in the world are antibody therapeutics, it is hardly a
surprising choice Nabla has decided not to develop its own therapeutics but
rather to offer its cutting-edge technology to biopharma partners as a tool to
help them develop their own drugs.”
“The Road Ahead”
Still Forbes:
“In her acceptance speech for the 2018 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Frances
Arnold said: ‘Today we can for all practical purposes read, write, and edit any
sequence of DNA, but we cannot compose it. The code of life is a symphony,
guiding intricate and beautiful parts performed by an untold number of players
and instruments.
Maybe we can cut and paste pieces from nature’s compositions, but we do not
know how to write the bars for a single enzymic passage.’
As recently as ve years ago, this was true. But AI may give us the ability, for
the rst time in the history of life, to actually compose entirely new proteins
(and their associated genetic code) from scratch, purpose-built for our needs. It
is an awe-inspiring possibility.”
Mommy, no!!
“Yet over the long run, few market applications of AI hold greater promise …
Language models can be used to generate other classes of biomolecules,
notably nucleic acids. A buzzy startup named Inceptive, for example, is applying
LLMs to generate novel RNA therapeutics.
Other groups have even broader aspirations, aiming to build generalized
“foundation models for biology” that can fuse diverse data types spanning
genomics, protein sequences, cellular structures, epigenetic states, cell images,
mass spectrometry, spatial transcriptomics and beyond.
The ultimate goal is to move beyond modeling an individual molecule like a
protein to modeling proteins’ interactions with other molecules, then to
modeling whole cells, then tissues, then organs — and eventually entire
organisms. [Emphasis mine.]”
The crazies are truly running the asylum at the moment. How many times do the
arrogant scientists have to hurt the world in order to wake up? What will it take for them
to wake up? When they personally grow a third leg?!
S. Matthew Liao, the Bioethicist
Now let’s talk about the ambitions to engineer people on order to make them smaller
and allergic to meat — and to erase undesirable memories. Meet the renowned
bioethicist, a strange person, S. Matthew Liao.
S. Matthew Liao “holds the Arthur Zitrin Chair in Bioethics and is the Director for The
Center for Bioethics at New York University. From 2006 to 2009, he was the Deputy
Director and James Martin Senior Research Fellow in the Program on the Ethics of the
New Biosciences in the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford University.
He was the Harold T. Shapiro Research Fellow in the University Center for Human Values
at Princeton University in 2003–2004, and a Greenwall Research Fellow at Johns
Hopkins University and a Visiting Researcher at the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at
Georgetown University from 2004–2006. In May 2007, he founded Ethics Etc, a group
blog for discussing contemporary philosophical issues in ethics and related areas.”
His scholarly works make me wonder about his life. I certainly wish him well but the
topics make me wonder. Here’s one, “The Right to Be Loved”:
“S. Matthew Liao argues here that children have a right to be loved … His
proposal is that all human beings have rights to the fundamental conditions for
pursuing a good life; therefore, as human beings, children have human rights to
the fundamental conditions for pursuing a good life. Since being loved is one of
those fundamental conditions, children thus have a right to be loved.”
Here's another: “The normativity of memory modication”
“We rst point out that those developing desirable memory modifying
technologies should keep in mind certain technical and user-limitation issues.
We next discuss certain normative issues that the use of these technologies
can raise such as truthfulness, appropriate moral reaction, self-knowledge,
agency, and moral obligations.
Finally, we propose that as long as individuals using these technologies do not
harm others and themselves in certain ways, and as long as there is no prima
facie duty to retain particular memories, it is up to individuals to determine the
permissibility of particular uses of these technologies.”
Speaking of, here is his talk about memory modication:
And just as I was wrapping this article up, I got a newsletter from Open to Debate, titled,
“Should we erase bad memories?” featuring Nita Farahany, “agenda contributor” at the
WEF. (My answer to that question, by the way, is a resounding NO.)
Conclusion
I will end this story with a short quote from my recent article:
“They are trying. They are likely going to create a lot of unnecessary, stupid,
cruel suffering. But in the end, they are not even going to end up with “I am
afraid I can’t do it, Dave.” They are going to end up with this.”
About the Author
To nd more of Tessa Lena's work, be sure to check out her bio, Tessa Fights Robots.
Sources and References
americanarchive.org1

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

I'm trying to learn to give my dog insulin shots now, he has become diabetic. I know to pinch the skin and inject into the pinched spot being careful not to let it come out the other side and poke my own self. But oh my, so far a lot of lessons to it. If he is on the ground and too low, he wiggles too much. If I put him in the easy chair its easier. I pull the needle out with the bottle upside down and then push it back out until it reaches the 6 unit line. But I didn't realize the needle can come out too soon and not enough medicine gets injected. So I think I will just have to wait another twelve hours before I administer another dose rather than accidentally adding more and it might be too much. I know to push the needle in very slowly and push the injector in slowly so it doesn't smart. So many tricks to it. And I'm the one that is absolutely petrified of needles, always have been, so its harder than it should be, but hopefully I will get this down. The cost is ridiculous. For a tiny vial of insulin, its 160.00 and a box of needles are 20. Thankfully it lasts for 84 injections 2 a day twelve hours apart. Symptoms to recognize: Extreme thirst, he was drinking 6 sixteen ounce bowls of water a day, I was giving him fiji water that ends up being quite expensive. And he was constantly hungry, I fed him morning and night and every few hours inbetween that protein snacks of meat and eggs and other food. And shakiness and weakness. Anyway, after just two days he is already stronger and less shakey, so I think its really helping.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Look for the Shock Doctrine movie on youtube (Naomi Klein)

Some good podcasts here:

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 10:44 AM
-->
I watched all the Jason Bourne movies. They were pretty much the same movie 4-5 times stretched over a period of a decade.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Disneys latest Haunted Mansion 2023 version. Wow. Its set in New Orleans. I've gotten through half of it and look forward to the other half. I like it so far. Kind of a modern twist to it, and it stars Danny Devito, Owen Wilson, and even Jamie Lee Curtis plays a ghost in it. Thumbs up so far, but I fell asleep it was late, so I need to go back and watch the other half now. Its quite fun.

Well. Roger Ebert only gave it two stars, but I thought it was fun.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Ok, I saw it, it was a long documentary. Here is what Mother Jones magazine says about it:
Here is a cool song
I watched Godzilla minus one. I seriously recommend this movie, but its dark.
The trailer, is poor thought.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Spoiler Alert.
Def. saw some good reviews, so its not just my taste that approves.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Woo hoo, even I want to see this Godzilla movie now. I went to see Mothra when it first came out, like those Japanese thrillers. Godzilla is so classic.

I've let folks know to look for it soon as it comes out in theatres - hopefully in December.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
How to Have Sex
Generally its a teen adolescent movie where girls go to vacation and look for sex.
Its a british drama. Watch a bit of today, but its not my cup of tea, if you know what I mean.
It felt un engaging.
I left early from the movie, as I was really just zone-out.
Plus side of the movie I was the only one in the whole theater watching it. LOL

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Top Bottom