• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Last movie you watched

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 9:37 PM
-->
I saw Michael Mann's 'Heat' (1995). Great movie; though pachino and deniro have been such an Icon it's hard to appreciate the character of the movie rather than the actors playing them. Still a good drama/thriller.

sushi

Local time
Today 3:37 PM
-->
you cant watch movies at theater when indoor virus is taking place.

greysolive

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:37 PM
-->
War Dogs - 7/10
Enjoyable film based on a true story - Jonah Hill is great - not sure why, but I’ve never really been a fan of Miles Teller - I still need to watch Whiplash actually...

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
Today 10:37 AM
-->
War Dogs - 7/10
Enjoyable film based on a true story - Jonah Hill is great - not sure why, but I’ve never really been a fan of Miles Teller - I still need to watch Whiplash actually...

I think Teller is a decent actor, I just don't connect with him like some other actors I watch and am often indifferent towards his presence in a film. However, I find him kind of fascinating when he plays extroverted characters like he did in The Spectacular Now (the character of Sutter), I just don't naturally "grasp" that kind of character because I've got an internal world and could far better relate to Shailene Woodley's introverted character. But he's absolutely great in Whiplash, even though JK Simmons got all the attention understandably.

Anyway, aside from the hot debate about whether a teacher as abusive as Fletcher is actually effective at teaching (the movie suggests he is, I've seen various articles from college profs disagreeing with the premise), the movie's rather amazing in terms of the acting of the two leads, plus the music and the editing. Quite an experience. Andrew and Fletcher are also kind of trapped in this sick dance with each other -- a teacher desperate to produce a student of quality, a student with ambition to jettison everything else in his life for his obsession with becoming a world-class drummer. It's crazy-insane the lengths both of them will go to.

I have to say, the last 10-15 minutes is pretty flawless with all the emotional dynamic changes and how this ends. I'm still in awe. And again, I have to comment on the film editing -- just spectacular. It totally deserved that Oscar.

Rook

eggs spired
Local time
-->
A scanner darkly . Think its 2007. Robert downey rj matrix reeves woody harrelson . Interesting stuff.

GingerS

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Enola Jones - A mostly lighthearted and fun (albeit slightly drawn out) ‘family mystery‘ romp.

greysolive

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Enemy - A solid 8/10 - A man spots his exact double in a movie and becomes obsessed with finding him.

Top Bottom