• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 8:53 PM
-->
Living in a city so far two people have beat me in a glance. The glance is when someone looks at you, you look at them but they look away before you meet their eyes

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Rebis

Local time
-->
First defeat of the day

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:53 PM
-->

Skip the poem if you don't understand the relevance

Rebis

Local time
-->
I could really do with sleep, slept 4 hours then 6 and walked 5 miles to and from work. But it's halloween so the mess continues

Rebis

Local time
-->
Slept 3 hours last night, if even. And I'm going out again chasing girls to love. This week could be described as a self-administered psychosis.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Slainte, my friend. Give the lassies hell.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Go raibh maidh agat, Mo Chara. Slainte!

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 3:53 PM
-->
Things I appreciate about life:

Patience
Water
The brain
Art
Books, stories
People
Evenings
The internet

Rebis

Local time
-->
That's the shenanigans over. A day or two for recovery and I should be back on this forum, by back I mean 100% power, currently at 30%

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Magnus Carlsen just got crushed in the Fischer Random chess championship. Seems like all of Norway is fine with it, because Wesley So is so much more sympathetic, lol.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Magnus Carlsen just got crushed in the Fischer Random chess championship. Seems like all of Norway is fine with it, because Wesley So is so much more sympathetic, lol.

Do you play much chess? I was the best in my school but gave it up when it became too dependant on starting formations, I liked the pure element of working out everything from scratch rather than remembering openings.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Yeah, not having to memorize a huge volume of opening theory is one of the advantages of Fischer random. I don't play much, I only really got interested in chess when Norway got the world champion... I think I'm too absent-minded and nervous to be a good chess player. Fascinating game, though. I wish I had more of a mind for it. According to my chess software, I reached an ELO of about 1500, but I suspect it was being generous. I haven't played at all in about a year, now, and have barely played people at all. #thatINTPlife

Rebis

Local time
-->
Yeah, not having to memorize a huge volume of opening theory is one of the advantages of Fischer random. I don't play much, I only really got interested in chess when Norway got the world champion... I think I'm too absent-minded and nervous to be a good chess player. Fascinating game, though. I wish I had more of a mind for it. According to my chess software, I reached an ELO of about 1500, but I suspect it was being generous. I haven't played at all in about a year, now, and have barely played people at all. #thatINTPlife

I maxed out around 1440, haven't played in donkeys my ability for the most part has been lost. Hard to penetrate over 1400 without knowing opening formations.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Yeah, I don't have the discipline for that, either. Especially not if it's only to beat a chess engine.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Just had a mini dream where I was trying to freeze a lake but accessed an unlimited power pool, and the lake went on forever so I was almost trapped in that simulation loop. Woke up and hallucinate a bit, thought I saw a figure sitting above me and then the room seemed to go 2D, with each angle having a 2D frame like a cracked window. Asked for help because the room felt like it was moving.

Anyone have that? I feel like I go into REM fast, like I can wake up 20 minutes as I went to sleep and I have already had a portion of a dream

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Yeah... I sometimes get the hallucination of a presence in the room when I awake. It can take some minutes to shake off. Worries me a little bit, but what you gonna do...

And yeah... Lifes a bitch forensic, but then you die! :p

Tenacity

Local time
-->
@Marbles is it odd that I find that you give off the air of the lost shadow of Willy Wonka (in cat form)

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Tenacity I mean... We both have really awesome hats, and Roald Dahl was Norwegian, so... I'm good with that.

I've spent the whole night listening to people I barely like talk about astrology. I could use some intellectual CPR. There isn't enough beer in the world to make that shit make sense, but I sure tried... At least it's a way for guys to talk about emotions, I guess.

moody

Local time
Today 12:53 PM
-->
Just had a mini dream where I was trying to freeze a lake but accessed an unlimited power pool, and the lake went on forever so I was almost trapped in that simulation loop. Woke up and hallucinate a bit, thought I saw a figure sitting above me and then the room seemed to go 2D, with each angle having a 2D frame like a cracked window. Asked for help because the room felt like it was moving.

Anyone have that? I feel like I go into REM fast, like I can wake up 20 minutes as I went to sleep and I have already had a portion of a dream

Sounds like you got some hypnagogic hallucinations, buddy. Your body just woke up before your brain woke, so you were still partially in REM. You can take some really strange trips in that state...but don't worry, it doesn't indicate anything being wrong with you. It can happen when you're stressed or anxious about something.

Rebis

Local time
-->

Sounds like you got some hypnagogic hallucinations, buddy. Your body just woke up before your brain woke, so you were still partially in REM. You can take some really strange trips in that state...but don't worry, it doesn't indicate anything being wrong with you. It can happen when you're stressed or anxious about something.

Yeah I've had a lot of them, I welcome them. It does feel strange though because I feel like I've slept for multiple hours because the REM burst dilates time, then I check my phone and it's 10 minutes. Also feel mentally refreshed, what you would expect from a full nights of sleep. Not to say it's some sleep-compression technique, I'm sure the refresh would dissipate if I stayed awake.

Rebis

Local time
-->
The prospective mind failed today: I usually walk an hour to work, decided on the bus today to get my ideal breakfast, only to remember it's a sunday and the buses are irregular. So as a result, a taxi (the expensive option) is a go.

Making the most of the breakfast and added rest, sleep massively improved last night. Eggs, Avocados, 200ml of red bull (Caffeine and sugar). Maybe a piece of toast too for carbs and fiber.

Rebis - 0, Capitalism - 1

moody

Local time
Today 12:53 PM
-->
Yeah I've had a lot of them, I welcome them. It does feel strange though because I feel like I've slept for multiple hours because the REM burst dilates time, then I check my phone and it's 10 minutes. Also feel mentally refreshed, what you would expect from a full nights of sleep. Not to say it's some sleep-compression technique, I'm sure the refresh would dissipate if I stayed awake.

It definately does...I have a sleep disorder, and prior to treatment this would happen countless times throughout a day. Some are nice, but most would make me feel like I’m in the twilight zone for the rest of the day.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
and suddenly i became aware of The Grey Man absence on forum. weird.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Who's Grey Man, D. Gray Man perhaps?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
the embodiment of philosophy on intpf. strong heraclitian style.

Rebis

Local time
-->
the embodiment of philosophy on intpf. strong heraclitian style.

I avoid philosophy like the plague now, that style is acceptable it's pretty much the human condition.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 2:53 PM
-->
I have a fun challenge for my social awkward people: Go one day while not breaking eye contact with people first. You will realize how much people stare, its creepy.
I tried this once and got some very flirty looks from an older asian woman, she would not look away, and I had to submit, she was too alpha

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I just learned about antimanspreading chairs, and if I ever see one I will drop kick that POS in two, to maintain my honor and dignity, to protect the future, to right a wrong, to be the difference.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 10:53 PM
-->
Is Rebis on drugs?

WTF!? Do women even understand that we have a benis? e_e do they want me to crush and overheat my nuts? Its fine to cross yer legs and sit like that when you have nothing between them..

:eyeroll: holy fuck... I bought a gayyyyming chair once that had this sidepad issue which forced my legs together. e_e I got ridd of it cus it was crushing my balls.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
^ the "inventor" of such chairs won an award and people wanted her to get a nobel prize.
let that sink in
lets cope with this and regroup.
unrelated is there a wikihow on how to regain faith in humanity, even if for a brief time

Rebis

Local time
-->
I have a fun challenge for my social awkward people: Go one day while not breaking eye contact with people first. You will realize how much people stare, its creepy.
I tried this once and got some very flirty looks from an older asian woman, she would not look away, and I had to submit, she was too alpha

I make eye contact with people a lot now, it's my new habit. Only if I'm into them of course.

I just learned about antimanspreading chairs, and if I ever see one I will drop kick that POS in two, to maintain my honor and dignity, to protect the future, to right a wrong, to be the difference.

My limbs are too long, I can't sit comfortably in lectures without putting one leg over the other. One leg vertical, one leg horizontal. Sitting normally is just not possible, I sat on two legs of a chair virtually all through secondary school.

Rebis

Local time
-->
The manspreading conversation is just public transport being over utilised to be assured of a profit, so people are homing in on guys. Granted there's cases where people spread their legs as far as possible but it's not representative of all cases. I usually extend my body off the seat if I'm sitting beside someone.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

I make eye contact with people a lot now, it's my new habit. Only if I'm into them of course.

My limbs are too long, I can't sit comfortably in lectures without putting one leg over the other. One leg vertical, one leg horizontal. Sitting normally is just not possible, I sat on two legs of a chair virtually all through secondary school.
im jealous of people who can make eye contact easily, for me its like a quick time event, but like god of war 2 difficult qte.
Im with you on the chair thing it wouldnt actually do anything to me since i basically sit on my feet at all times, its the principal though. I have never actually ridden a public buss or train, I will walk instead

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 5:53 AM
-->
I really hate boomers

they make me
cum

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:53 AM
-->
Ah the rarely seen aggro erectus.

The gentlemanly thing to do would be to go around with a sharpie and draw dicks on every available sitting space except the floor, it's harmless but anyone who sits down on anything is implicitly sitting on a dick. It only triggers the stupid people.

Rebis

Local time
-->
If manspreading is banned where am I supposed to put my magnum dong?

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Btw the artist/designer Laila Laurel is "winning" against all of us if we are buying into the controversy and curiosity around the chair and spreading the video. Don't buy into their attempt at virality and just do your thing... Or, do, whatever, what even is self-control anymore?

And, btw, the other chair is technically an antiwomanspreading chair.

And that frankly illicits an internal response of discomfort for me because I mostly sit with my legs crossed. A lot of women do, I'm sure some women do not. But I've tried sitting in the other way - hurts my tailbone, so it's almost impossible to even sit that way for long periods.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I keep delving deeper into the function of cholesterol and I don't have a clue how to control it beside dietary changes which are digested by the stomach before entering the blood stream, the conversion rate is like 10%. The science is incomplete or the perpetual myth surrounding cholesterol is just wrong.

I just want to see how long I can live off eggs and fish as my main form of animal protein.

If anyone can clarify before I go through another search let me know.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

The gentlemanly thing to do would be to go around with a sharpie and draw dicks on every available sitting space except the floor, it's harmless but anyone who sits down on anything is implicitly sitting on a dick. It only triggers the stupid people.
was joke
Btw the artist/designer Laila Laurel is "winning" against all of us if we are buying into the controversy and curiosity around the chair and spreading the video. Don't buy into their attempt at virality and just do your thing... Or, do, whatever, what even is self-control anymore?

And that frankly illicits an internal response of discomfort for me because I mostly sit with my legs crossed. A lot of women do, I'm sure some women do not. But I've tried sitting in the other way - hurts my tailbone, so it's almost impossible to even sit that way for long periods.
She actually won an award from a university?( belmond award, an award for creativity) for her chair, that actually upsets me, not in a jealous way but more of a disappointing way. No one who is making a fuss over the chair caused that, I would guess that the award is half the reason people are pissed.
according to this https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...aurel-award-brighton-university-a9008746.html
she won $1.2k and is designing them for a hotel, along with certain places banning "manspredding". This is so dumb i dont know how its not depressing for anyone else.

Tenacity

Local time
-->

was joke

She actually won an award from a university?( belmond award, an award for creativity) for her chair, that actually upsets me, not in a jealous way but more of a disappointing way. No one who is making a fuss over the chair caused that, I would guess that the award is half the reason people are pissed.
according to this https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...aurel-award-brighton-university-a9008746.html
she won $1.2k and is designing them for a hotel, along with certain places banning "manspredding". This is so dumb i dont know how its not depressing for anyone else.

The artist doesn't care about the money or the award as much as she cares about the message.

She made a point, we're eating up that point.

This is what I predict was her line of thinking:

Society wants us to conform to our identified biology, and that desire turns into societal restriction by obvious or hidden (or subliminal) enforcement of cultural norms. What if we flipped it?

The art was a paradoxical exploration of that question, which then caused controversy due to big media wanting to turn it into controversy. It may have spiraled out of the control of what the artist wanted it to be, and turned into instead what the media and the world -wanted- it to be.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 5:53 AM
-->
or she just genuinely thinks manspreading is a problem worth trying to solve

i wouldn't spend too much energy trying to see the deeper meaning behind social-media driven outrage

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I keep delving deeper into the function of cholesterol and I don't have a clue how to control it beside dietary changes which are digested by the stomach before entering the blood stream, the conversion rate is like 10%. The science is incomplete or the perpetual myth surrounding cholesterol is just wrong.

I just want to see how long I can live off eggs and fish as my main form of animal protein.

Watch out for mercury content in fish. I'm starting to having adverse effects from having salmon nearly every single day. So I'm creating a food cycling plan to minimize those effects to introduce some variance/balance. I wish I could have avocado but I'm allergic, at this rate leafy greens are some of the very few types of things I can eat without having reactions which is really, really fucking sad. Olive oil and nut butters are fine, or canola oil. Going to have to up my minimum carb intake by ~5g. I guess it's fine. I've been at the peak level of ketogenesis, I don't need keto sticks to tell me I'm doing the right thing for my body when intuitively I'm physiologically reacting oddly to the point where it affects my thinking.

As for eggs, I get that it's a good whole protein/fat source, though I've seen negative cardiovascular impacts of having too much (several eggs/day which a lot of bodybuilder types like to do). Haven't looked into it since I can't have eggs anyways, but I know lot of people who have validated this. It's better to take preventative measures. I have family who have gotten heart surgery from too much cholesterol + too much red meat (in their 40s to 60s) so it's really not something to take lightly. They had to stop working for months on end and borderline almost had to leave their jobs. It just is not worth taking the extra time/effort to optimize based on your own dietary restrictions or preferences. And, really, no one wants to deal with heart surgery.

So yeah:
Plant-based fats (avocado, canola/avocado oil, any non-hydrogentated oils) will do the trick if you're cholesterol-conscious. Making it actually palatable is insanely, insanely hard, but I can tell you for a fact that the food industry is already working on that, we can expect healthy fat keto meat substitutions probably within a year to a few years from now, maybe even earlier, Bezos and Mackey are definitely likely to be thinking about it.

Turkey / chicken has less trans fat but if you up the protein ratio you might want to up the amount of oil you use if you're doing keto or LCHF, otherwise, nevermind, poultry is cost efficient compared to fish anyways.

I'm not in the food industry, but I've been mostly right about my food industry forecasts my entire life.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Currently have no social obligations, I don't want to go out for the next while, no girls are being actively pursued and I can focus on my diet, exercise, college and extra reading. Life's good when I get that surplus content.

"Time to be productiver" - a Neologism by me

Rebis

Local time
-->

Watch out for mercury content in fish. I'm starting to having adverse effects from having salmon nearly every single day. So I'm creating a food cycling plan to minimize those effects to introduce some variance/balance. I wish I could have avocado but I'm allergic, at this rate leafy greens are some of the very few types of things I can eat without having reactions which is really, really fucking sad. Olive oil and nut butters are fine, or canola oil. Going to have to up my minimum carb intake by ~5g. I guess it's fine. I've been at the peak level of ketogenesis, I don't need keto sticks to tell me I'm doing the right thing for my body when intuitively I'm physiologically reacting oddly to the point where it affects my thinking.

As for eggs, I get that it's a good whole protein/fat source, though I've seen negative cardiovascular impacts of having too much (several eggs/day which a lot of bodybuilder types like to do). Haven't looked into it since I can't have eggs anyways, but I know lot of people who have validated this. It's better to take preventative measures. I have family who have gotten heart surgery from too much cholesterol + too much red meat (in their 40s to 60s) so it's really not something to take lightly. They had to stop working for months on end and borderline almost had to leave their jobs. It just is not worth taking the extra time/effort to optimize based on your own dietary restrictions or preferences. And, really, no one wants to deal with heart surgery.

So yeah:
Plant-based fats (avocado, canola/avocado oil, any non-hydrogentated oils) will do the trick if you're cholesterol-conscious. Making it actually palatable is insanely, insanely hard, but I can tell you for a fact that the food industry is already working on that, we can expect healthy fat keto meat substitutions probably within a year to a few years from now, maybe even earlier, Bezos and Mackey are definitely likely to be thinking about it.

I'm not in the food industry, but I've been mostly right about my food industry forecasts my entire life.

The diet change just never ends for me, if only I could stick to a handful of foods that were atomically nutritious (couldn't reduce those foods further), that'd be good. Yeah I've been eating a lot of fish and 95% is mackarel, I'll have to cut that out.

Eggs are a strange topic, so there's High Density Lipoproteins (HDL), Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL) and Very Low Density Lipoproteins (VLDL). Cholesterol is produced by the liver in response to fat content particularly Omega-6s, so when eating highly saturated fats your body produces more cholesterol, while the dietary cholesterol associated with the processed meats/fats your eating plays a negligible role as digested lipoproteins don't make it to the bloodstream. The problem with cholesterol is it's a thick oily substance that can clog up arteries and vascular systems by blocking blood (which consists of water) from transporting. HDL and LDL are transporters of cholesterol, HDL is a better transporter of cholesterol in the bloodstream and thus it's less susceptible for cholesterol to leak out of the transport molecule into the bloodstream.

Still, I'm not eating good eggs. I got free range because the nutritional density, but I also got caged eggs for a protein source (15 caged eggs for £1.15, 10 free range eggs for £2.00 (discounted from £2.75)) when I get my next pay check I might have to start eating chicken or something, the horrors. But yeah I'm subsistence and making the best of the diet so far, I'm working out 2-3 times a day with 15-20 intervals, just a lot of push ups and sit ups to improve blood flow and utilise the protein.

Yeah I've got avocado back in the formula I found relatively inexpensive avocado, which is quite rare (4 portion sized ones for £1.45), I'll probably add nuts as my anticholesteremic combined with beans, and then a chicken fillet for a bulk protein serving. I don't like eating gluten so I can't get a few grams of protein through bread, toasted oats are fantastic for it with yoghurt if you want more protein/fats, or almond milk (not a fan of dairy foods at all, except ice cream, I've even gone off milk chocolate, counting them cocoa solids all the time.)

Rebis

Local time
-->
How is the keto anyway @Tenacity , are you feeling fatigued/limited as the days go by? I'm sure you've adapted to avoiding eating literally anything you didn't make yourself or know the macros for but it's hard to live that way permanently (or at least a long time). I also found the keto diet was pretty expensive too.

Top Bottom