• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Worst Music Ever

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 8:01 PM
-->
Can we have a thread about really bad music? Like, really, really bad? I just discovered something that justifies it thoroughly. It's a fine line from demanding avant-garde to really sad and awful music. But this? I wanted to take a fork and ram into my ears just to make it go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPUiMPyPps

I fuckin' raged. :evil: I dare you to find anything worse.

y4r5xeym5

Lurker Extraordinaire
Local time
Today 1:01 PM
-->

y4r5xeym5

Lurker Extraordinaire
Local time
-->
Really? I think this is the only thing I don't hate about McDonald's.

It makes me want to slaughter small babies with my teeth.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
The lyrics aren't any different than the average shitty pop song, but HER VOICE! D:<

YouTube- Tick-Tock Kesha / Lyrics

>have no idea who that is
>google it
>see myspace page
[fieldset=Influences]MIA, Beck, Rolling Stones, Devo, Flock of Seagulls, kraftwork, Daniel Johnson, talking Heads, David Bowie, Donovan, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Janet and Sir Michael Jackson, Avenue A, The Go! Team, Mika, Sonic Youth, Elton John, Willlie Nelson, Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Beastie Boys, Eagles of Death Metal, Black Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Daft Punk, Electric 6, Teenager, Tonite Only, Prince,Mirwais, Afrika Bambaata, Peaches, Rock&Roll, Richard X, Cornelius, ESG,6ths, ackron family, al green, andrew bird, anthrax, aphex twin, aphid ant constructions, arcade fire, archers of loaf, ataxia, badfinger, the bang up, beck, belle &; sebastian, ben lee, beulah, big star, black flag, the blow, boards of canada, bob dylan, brian eno, brian wilson, bright eyes, built to spill, butthole surfers, the cardigans, the carpenters, casiotone for the painfully alone, the clash, the clutters, daft punk, the damned, the dandy warhols, david bowie, the dead milkmen, devandra banhart, donovan, dresden dolls, the eels, elvis costello, eric's trip, the fall, the features, fischerspooner, frank black, frank sinatra, franz ferdinand, futurheads, gary glitter, generation x, ghostface killah, gogol bordello, gorillaz, guided by voices, her space holiday, how i became the bomb, human television, iggy pop, islands, jackson 5, jawbreaker, jenny lewis, jim o'rourke, joan jett, joe jack talcum, john frusciante, johnny thunders, the killers, kimya dawson, the kinks, kraftwerk, LCD soundsystem, le tigre, the lemonheads, leonard cohen, little ones, lou barlow, love, the lovely feathers, marshal crenshaw, matisyahu, matmos, miles davis, minor threat, modest mouse, mos def, mott the hoople, the mountain goats, moving units, my darling YOU!, neil diamond, neil young, neko case, neutral milk hotel, neva dinova, nico, of montreal, oh no! oh my!, optiganally yours, ornamental wigwam, otis redding, the pastels, peaches, pere ubu, peter bjorn and john, pink spiders, pixies, pj harvey, postal service, public enemy, pulp, queen, r.e.m., r.l. burnside, radiohead, the raincoats, rancid, the rapture, the rascals, ratatat, the ravonettes, regina spektor, replacements, roky erickson, rolling stones, ryan adams, screeching weasel, the shins, the small faces, the smiths, smoking popes, sparklehorse, spinto band, squarepusher, stellastarr*, stiff little fingers, the stranglers, the streets, the streets, the strokes, surfjan stevens, the sundays, sun ra, t rex, ted leo and the pharmacists, television, tilly and the wall, they might be giants, tom jones, tracy + the plastics, troubled hubble, tv on the radio, U2, the unicorns, the vaselines, the velvet underground, the ventures, verde, violent femmes, the walkmen, wilco, wire, X, yeah yeah yeahs, yo la tengo, the zebras, the zombies[/fieldset]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fffffuuuuu.jpg

y4r5xeym5

Lurker Extraordinaire
Local time
-->

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
Today 7:01 PM
-->
Hmm, shoot me, but I actually don't mind Kesha that much. For comedic value, that is. Anyways, society has a need for mediocre pop stars to ridicule. And her sound engineers have done a pretty good job, that song is an earworm.

I dunno y4, I don't mind Girls Generation, but again they can't really sing the music is just ultra-catchy.

To the point:

YouTube- Mini Pop Kids 5

Because writing your own bad song is too tough, you have to spoil somebody elses.

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
Anthile, that is probably no more than a list of artists her producers told her would make her look musically respectable.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 2:01 PM
-->
For some reason I liked most of those (not the last one). Maybe cuz it's all new to me. If you want bad songs you need them to sing off-key, wrong beat and more chaos. Maybe bad songs don't need to be repulsive ones. I guess they have to qualify as a "song." What is that?

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
For some reason I liked most of those (not the last one). Maybe cuz it's all new to me. If you want bad songs you need them to sing off-key, wrong beat and more chaos. Maybe bad songs don't need to be repulsive ones. I guess they have to qualify as a "song." What is that?

They all use auto-tune nowadays.

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That Kesha tune has 11 million hits. Even the greatest all time composers, instrumentalists doesn't come close to this auto-tuned bootie shaking *insert derogatory word of choice*

Isn't anything new, but it always get's to me.

Dunno

Redshirt
Local time
-->
YouTube- On s'en bat les couilles - Morsay

"French" rap. The worst ever. Here is a part of the lyrics :

Morsay nique sa race on s'en bat les couilles
Nique Skyrock
Nique les pédés de fachos
Nique sa mère les batards qui nous boycottent
Nous on est boycottés par des pédés bâtard

On s'en bat les couilles
On s'en bat les couilles
On bicrave aux puces à Clicli

On s'en bat les couilles
On s'en bat les couilles
Moi et Zehef On s'en bat les couilles

C'est pour mes potos tout les mecs qui galèrent
Tout les mecs en haze qui guettent la misère

Nique sa mère les batards
Nique sa mère les fachos
Nique sa mère les catins
Nique sa mère les blindés qui pensent qu'à leur gueule qui pensent pas à la pauvreté
Nique sa mère ces bâtards on va tous les enculer
In english, it looks like :

Morsay fuck this shit we don't care about
Fuck Skyrock (a rap music radio)
Fuck the fascist fags
Bastards boycotting us, fuck them
We're boycotted by fags you bastard

We don't care about
We don't care about
We juggle in a free market at Clicli

We don't care about
We don't care about
Me and Zehef we don't care about

This is for my pals, people who are having a hard time
All the people waiting for misery

Fuck the bastards' mothers
Fuck the fuckin fascists
Fuck the fuckin whores
Fuck the fuckin riches who only think about their mouth and forget poverty
Fuck those bastards' mothers, we're gonna fuck them by the ass

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Hmm, you know that link I posted? Well, those kids have a new album out. Maybe I was a bit harsh, some of them can actually kinda sing. I bet they've improved over the course of a few -

YouTube- MINI POP KIDS 6

Oh my god, they're raping Journey. :(

The fact that they've had six albums is pretty scary. As is the fact that they're actually getting WORSE...

Also, french rap is awesome. :p

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
Anything the person in the flat above plays

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
Anything the person in the flat above plays

Well, s/he's very fond of this song:

YouTube- Highwayman - Johnny Cash (the highwaymen)

It's not horrible, but, it's one of three songs I've ever heard that person play (the other two are Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence and Dream Theater - Eternal Sacrifice) but that one song has been played more than any of the other two. I swear I've heard him/her play it at least two dozen times. (I've heard SoS maybe half a dozen times and ES only once.) And I'm just about sick of it.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
So. While most threads try to raise standards or at least stay even keel, this one fights to lower standards. Post on ..... May the worst (wo)man show the best, er worst.

Dunno

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Even the most subtile people need its stimulation.

As Nietzsche could have said, "aggressivity is a proof of weakness, nastiness is a proof of life".

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
That one was funny too. Can't you guys come up with some seriously bad music? I need something not to listen to while I sleep.

Atrium Pool

Forget it, Miriam!
Local time
-->
Kidz Bop. Everything related to Kidz Bop.

'nuff said.

Really? I think this is the only thing I don't hate about McDonald's.
Agreed. That video was amazing. So amazing, it could only be watched maybe once or twice in a person's lifetime.

I actually like Ke$ha's voice despite the fact that most of her songs are nothing special. You really want something bad by her, check out "Kiss N Tell." And I really like Lady Gaga. So, really- let's grow up here and remember this is about worst music ever. Not moderately unpleasent music just because it's pop. A lot of people like pop, nothing actually wrong with it just because it's perceived to be aimed at a younger age demographic.

5k17

suspective
Local time
-->

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No, I win., with just two words that will bring bowed heads even to the young people, because this is the legend of bad music:

Barry Manilow.

:D

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Wow the Avril Lavigne cover is equally as poor as the original, quite an achievement for her really.

citrusbreath95

Tourist of this dimension
Local time
-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVhwcOg6y8

[Sigh] where is the deep, mind boggling music that must have existed long ago, perhaps in some vast parallel dimension, and eventually led way to this? Oh yes, what kind of music video is this? I especially love the beginning :D

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Tomorrow 1:01 AM
-->
Kidz Bop. Everything related to Kidz Bop.

'nuff said.

Agreed. That video was amazing. So amazing, it could only be watched maybe once or twice in a person's lifetime.

I actually like Ke$ha's voice despite the fact that most of her songs are nothing special. You really want something bad by her, check out "Kiss N Tell." And I really like Lady Gaga. So, really- let's grow up here and remember this is about worst music ever. Not moderately unpleasent music just because it's pop. A lot of people like pop, nothing actually wrong with it just because it's perceived to be aimed at a younger age demographic.

yeah I dont mind quite a few songs by them, 'bad romance', 'tik-tok', 'just dance'... tho.. i am scared to go into their albums because really I end up bored at the second time.. and i wasn't even paying attention to what they say, just keeping it in the background.. just dreaming around...

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
... please tell me that's not from an actual-real album.

Congratulations, that's by far the worst thing I've heard on this thread. And probably ever.

Consider my face melted.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
I started this and listened while browsing the forum and thought, hey this is kinda fun. Then I looked at the video for half a second. *instantvomit* (we need a throwup smiley)

I prefer to see it as a subtle advance in Japanese android technology. . . I thought literally manufactured pop stars was my idea! :mad:

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
-->
Top Bottom