• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're an Intp when...

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 6:14 AM
-->
When you forget nearly everyday to actually close your front door -- it seems closed. It looks pretty closed, but you never remember to keep pulling until you hear the "click". So, your evil cats wait until your back is turned and push it open and break out for the sole purpose of tattling on you to your security-conscious INTJ, who informs you again that apparently, even closing the door isn't enough. You're supposed to lock it, but who can remember all that when walking into a house?

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today 8:14 AM
-->
When your textbook makes a mistake that you wouldn't have made.

Sockrates

Local time
Today 12:14 PM
-->
Closing the browser windows you've accumulated over three days of attempting to solve a problem feels like murdering a distant relative. Okay, just a relative.

I relate to this post strongly.

After reading majority of these posts, I must thank my maker that I'm an INTJ :p

Local time
-->
one day youre interested in the 2008 icelandic financial crisis, next day you're interested in pickles

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
When the textbooks make more mistakes than you do.

When 100% on an assignment lowers your grade.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
When the textbooks make more mistakes than you do.

When 100% on an assignment lowers your grade.
Whoa. Maybe I'm in the wrong club then, because I produced a ton of thoughtless mistakes and half-assed assignments. Especially in school-school.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
Whoa. Maybe I'm in the wrong club then, because I produced a ton of thoughtless mistakes and half-assed assignments. Especially in school-school.

Nah, bad grades are just as common as the good ones. It's the classes I'm interested in that I have good grades in.

hermit8888

Creeper Extraordinaire
Local time
Today 5:14 AM
-->
You researched the INTP Forum registration questions even though you knew the answers, because you were curious about the alternatives.

You've been called "broken" or "heartless" because you didn't reciprocate someone's feelings.

You've lost friends because you never called them back.

People think there's something wrong with you because you don't have any friends, while you don't understand how some people can have so many friends and still be sane.

You prefer the company of animals to humans.

You feel irritable and panicky when you're amidst a crowd.

You cut your own hair because you don't like people touching you.

You cringe if you see someone dropping food/crumbs on, or otherwise abusing their computing device.

Your computing devices (of which you have several) are like family members to you.

You haven't taken a shower for a few days and you're fine with that.

There's a high probability that you're a minimalist, simply because not owning stuff means you don't have to put it away or clean it.

You have an exceptional spatial ability that allows you to find anything in a colossal mess.

In a meeting or group situation you always find the seat that is away from everyone else.

You shudder if someone wants you to try something off their plate or wants to try something on your plate.

Nothing gives you more pleasure than learning about how some new system works. However once you've learned how the system works, it no longer interests you.

You have a lot of half-finished projects.

Anktark

of the swarm
Local time
Today 2:14 PM
-->
You have an exceptional spatial ability that allows you to find anything in a colossal mess.

Doesn't always apply, unless I know exactly what I am looking for and/or it's MY colossal mess (which is not really a mess, it just looks like one to onlookers).

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
when you can't decide which bandname wins, "the serious cool" or "the acid cool"?

Teffnology

Valar Morghulis
Local time
-->
Grass Valley, CA (small town near Sacramento)
When you plan your day with a 5 minute buffer to leave the house because of habitual walking out the door without everything you need (i.e. phone, money, food, water, keys, etc) and reentering after having said goodbyes and then frantically searching for these items as the 5 minute buffer is drawing to a close. Then upon exiting again, you realize you set something down inside, while looking for the first thing you needed, then awkwardly enter again "Third times a charm, bye for real this time!" Of course after all of this you grabbed the WRONG thing anyway but are already halfway to your destination before realizing this. Sigh...

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
When you plan your day with a 5 minute buffer to leave the house because of habitual walking out the door without everything you need (i.e. phone, money, food, water, keys, etc) and reentering after having said goodbyes and then frantically searching for these items as the 5 minute buffer is drawing to a close. Then upon exiting again, you realize you set something down inside, while looking for the first thing you needed, then awkwardly enter again "Third times a charm, bye for real this time!" Of course after all of this you grabbed the WRONG thing anyway but are already halfway to your destination before realizing this. Sigh...

Agreed.

And buffers are like imaginary numbers, farting unicorns, and moderate Tea Party members. You can imagine them in your head but they do not exist in real life.

xZero

Anything is possible
Local time
-->
If you going somewhere, you always take same path when going back. (maybe it's just me)

Conversations with you are possible only under following circumstances:
- The other party must be communicative (because if conversation is out of your field of interest, you become passive listener)
- The other party must have similar toughs as you
- Thematic must be interesting to you, which means in field of your interests.
- Ideally, you know second party well

You almost get hit by some vehicle because you're lost in your mind even when crossing the street.

You briefly analyze the people around you and trying to get conclusion about them.

You have your own word inside your head, and you are more there than in reality.

You think that reality is just matter of perception which leads you to conclusion that this world is probably just simulation.

You are against drugs, smoking, and all that sh*t but you love to be drunk or you're willing to try some hallucinogen drug only because you are enjoying much stronger effect of imagination.

You don't care about your look.

You don't care what other thinks about you.

You are jealous to other younger "masters" in your field.

You are afraid to drive a car because you easily get lost from this reality.

Your toughs in totally unrelated situations oftenly brings you the solution for the issue you are experienced before.

You are amazed with brain and mind in general.

You refuses to listen to the class because you are convinced that you already know all that and even more.

You'd like that you have computer integrated in your mind.

You imagine about inventing time machine and traveling through the time and fixing the things, but you're in same time really concerned about possible consequences to reality you know. However, you would still do that.

Sometimes you are lying in bed for hours and can't sleep because you can't get rid of too much toughs.

You oftenly think that you have right even if the science says different.

You are convinced that you can break laws of physics.

You don't care about clothes, neither do you like it.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->

Attachments

• 54994.jpg
    54994.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

RandomGeneratedName

Main Reactor
Local time
-->
You know you're an INTP when you make a tshirt that says:
Procrastination is a learning method,
it teaches me I don't need to study to be smarter than you :P

D_in_Oz

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:44 PM
-->
You get accused of being rude by your boss, because you are so engrossed in your work that you don't notice when others say good morning, then have to not concentrate until the others all show up and have said their good mornings.

RandomGeneratedName

Main Reactor
Local time
-->
You argue against even when you're not playing devils advocate.

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
When the highlight of your day is finding a word that explains something very "neatly" and efficiently.

thompinoo

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:44 PM
-->
one day youre interested in the 2008 icelandic financial crisis, next day you're interested in pickles

I have Googled 'gherkins'.

They just seem such a random thing and I needed to know where they came from and their history...and just 'why'.

I also get caught in major inquisitive loops - I'll be watching a TV series and then think, I wonder where that actress is from, which leads me to research the country, which might lead to a study of their history, which invariably leads to something random, like pickles...

You also know that you might be INTP when you have walked into, or almost walked into, poles or cars or other stationary objects because you've been reading a book/lost in thought while walking. So many times.

Fish

Redshirt
Local time
-->
... when one of the cool ways of being mean is answering the questions the people ask and not the ones they meant to ask.
Holy shit, I do this all the time.
I always do this at school:
person: "Hey, do you have an extra pen?"
me: "Yeah." *continues to do work*
person: *waits a little bit* "Well, can I borrow it?"
me: "Oh. No, of course not."

Here are some things I do. Let me know if you do them, too.
- When someone tries to highfive you, you simply say, "no."
- You have never (ever) said, "x is nothing to joke about"
- Someone tells you that they're offended by some joke you made, so you make more jokes about the same topic
- This might only apply to my fellow ADHD INTPers, but maybe not. You have an essay on the Spanish-American War (or some bullshit like that) due the next day. You type up the first paragraph, and then the next thing you know, you're an expert on spatial dimensions. You also realize it's midnight.

Fish

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Oh, I almost forgot...
You correct the grammar of a question in a grammar test.

logical-dreamer

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:14 PM
-->
1. You try to be sincere, but come across as patronising instead.
2. When you avoid your university lectures because you accidentally made friends and don't want to be seen by them because you hate small talk.
3. That voice in your head never shuts up - it's 3AM I don't care to know what magical powers our DNA may hold.
4. You attempt to engage in conversation with someone and end up making them feel awkward instead.
5. You jump from one concept or task to another as you bore easily
6. When you give up on stating your opinion because apparently you are always wrong or crazy.
7. No matter how hard you try to be "normal" and fit in you end up standing out like an awkward sore thumb
8. You try and mirror an individual's personality because it's too much effort to try and explain yourself to people 24/7
9. When you're a 21 year old female but have the same hobbies as a 50 year old man.:ahh:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
- You have never (ever) said, "x is nothing to joke about"

Yeah, straight-faced as part of joking, while inside I'm laughing at their reaction.

...I lose more friends that way. :confused:

ToughRye

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You researched the INTP Forum registration questions even though you knew the answers, because you were curious about the alternatives.

I feel compelled to understand the inner logic of everything that I come across, which is sometimes a complete waste of time.

You've been called "broken" or "heartless" because you didn't reciprocate someone's feelings.

This is the unobvious secret of inferior Fe: you feel that you must meet people sometimes, but you do not understand social codes.

You've lost friends because you never called them back.

Right on the spot. We INTPs are difficult to connect with.

People think there's something wrong with you because you don't have any friends, while you don't understand how some people can have so many friends and still be sane.

True.

You prefer the company of animals to humans.

Often, but not always. When I am outside, it happens that a dog comes and wants to smell me and the owner is trying to restrain it. That is irritating.

You feel irritable and panicky when you're amidst a crowd.

Only in case that there is something going on that does not appeal to me.

You cut your own hair because you don't like people touching you.

Yes, but for the wrong reason: I hate sideburns and hair in my neck. It is OK if somebody wants to touch me occasionally.

You cringe if you see someone dropping food/crumbs on, or otherwise abusing their computing device.

Doing that will send you to the innermost circle of hell.

Your computing devices (of which you have several) are like family members to you.

So accurate, so true!!!

You haven't taken a shower for a few days and you're fine with that.

Absolutely not. I need to take a shower every day.

There's a high probability that you're a minimalist, simply because not owning stuff means you don't have to put it away or clean it.

True.

Wrong. I spend too much time trying to find my stuff.

In a meeting or group situation you always find the seat that is away from everyone else.

How did you know???

You shudder if someone wants you to try something off their plate or wants to try something on your plate.

Exactly! I am so picky with my food.

Nothing gives you more pleasure than learning about how some new system works. However once you've learned how the system works, it no longer interests you.

True. This has been a problem in my career: the occasional spat of unemployment. TJs do not understand that.

You have a lot of half-finished projects.

Too many!

ToughRye

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You briefly analyze the people around you and trying to get conclusion about them.

I am James Bond and Sherlock Holmes combined.

You have your own word inside your head, and you are more there than in reality.

When I came across the term schizophrenia, it sounded familiar. I was scared.

You are against drugs, smoking, and all that sh*t but you love to be drunk or you're willing to try some hallucinogen drug only because you are enjoying much stronger effect of imagination.

I need one big fat cigar once a year.

You imagine about inventing time machine and traveling through the time and fixing the things, but you're in same time really concerned about possible consequences to reality you know. However, you would still do that.

I want to do more than merely assassinate Hitler.

You oftenly think that you have right even if the science says different.

Well, it does turn out though that global warming is happening and smoking does cause cancer.

You don't care about your look.
You don't care about clothes, neither do you like it.

I have to look presentable, but anything beyond that is too much effort.

NefariousRecluse

scrupulous indolence
Local time
-->
When your reason for most of the world's problems is, "There are too many people."
When having researched the supposed issue of over-population and concluding that it frames the question badly and is not a real problem in itself, yet this quote still makes perfect sense.

Neckbeard

Local time
Today 11:14 PM
-->
You know you're an INTP when you have a nostalgic feeling when you take a step outside.

Martyn

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->
You think INTJs are autistic and you are not while other people think you both are.
You think MBTI is becoming superstitious but are still using it somehow.

Cloud9

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You know you're an intp when you don't study for your finals until the last moment, and still you get high marks :D

Drew

Redshirt
Local time
-->
48. You really want to correct people's spelling and/or grammar but you try and stay silent.

...when you register for an internet forum to respond to a 6 year old post.

And the response:

Ironically, the quoted statement needs to be corrected.

48. You really want to correct people's spelling and/or grammar, but you try to stay silent.

...when you are certain that somebody else already corrected those mistakes, but you didn't want to read 40 pages of responses.

Oh yeah, first post.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
You want to discuss controversial political issues with the teacher, but the teacher just wants to compliment you on your success in class. Aas;lofjasifaems

Nox

Skrobot
Local time
-->
- You've lost sleep some nights plotting a masterful revenge scheme
- When in full fledged super-think mode you've had to control the impulse to start talking out loud and hand motioning like an insane person, this especially occurs after interesting lectures or during interesting readings done while out in public.
- If you perceive someone as requiring a more than average effort on your part to explain a concept to then you just don't bother.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
-->
You know you are an INTP when you are actually an ISTP. XNTP never knows for certain. Am I supposed to be sure of what I just said? :confused:

Lapis Lazuli

Banned
Local time
-->
24. You understand the meaning of this sentence without the aid of a dictionary.

You demonstrate the esoteric meaning of the key word in this sentence [floccinaucinihilipilificate] while responding to the subject and trying to avoid the paradox of Nihilism.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
You demonstrate the esoteric meaning of the key word in this sentence [floccinaucinihilipilificate] while responding to the subject and trying to avoid the paradox of Nihilism.
Artfully done.

I shamelessly looked up the definition, and I find it satisfying that the definition of floccinaucinihilipilificate accurately describes my thoughts about the word "floccinaucinihilipilificate".

Lapis Lazuli

Banned
Local time
-->
Artfully done.

I shamelessly looked up the definition, and I find it satisfying that the definition of floccinaucinihilipilificate accurately describes my thoughts about the word "floccinaucinihilipilificate".

So did I, but I shamelessly look at almost anything.

Sir Eus Lee

I am wholely flattered you would take about 2 and
Local time
-->
When you could easily spend more time disclaiming your statement than making the actual statement.

Sir Eus Lee

Local time
-->
I think an INTP lawyer would have the worst disclaimers, because their disclaimer would have a disclaimer which would have a disclaimer...

Sir Eus Lee

Local time
-->
Thorough and succinct in this case would be opposites, so it depends on what the job requires.

Top Bottom