• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Forum Mafia Game #2

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 6:40 AM
-->
WELCOME TO THE SECOND GAME OF MAFIA ON THIS SITE!!!

GMxEviz.jpg

Players
1. PmjPmj
2. Reluctantly
3.Helvete
4. Breadbaron
5. hadototheMtotheothertothemotherfuckingblado
6. Jennywocky
7. Bronto (The Shadow Cart)
8. Sinny 91
9. The Gopher
10. Cheeseumpuffs
11. Happy
12. zerkalo
13. Urakro

Link to signup thread.

Order of Night Actions:
Cop
NK
Doc
RB

Mechanics:
I will be using https://www.random.org/lists/ to generat the roles and I will not be deviating from this at all.
Day cycle is 4 days; 72 hour day phase 24 hour night phase.
Game starts at Day 1.
Mafia share Night Chat.
Lynch is decided by majority (>50% of Voters).
Day Ends when a majority is chosen. No votes will count after a majority is chosen, though it will remain Twilight until I make the EOD post. Do not post when I write do not post in big red and bold letters. You may post when I write you may post in big green and bold lettering.
Player's Role and Alignment will be given upon death.
You will receive your role in your QuickTopic - your QT will be sent to you before the game starts. You can use your QT for notes or to ask me questions about the game.
Votes must be bold and Red for votes to count. Additionally you may Unvote as well but it must be bold and Red such as Unvote. Do not use Red Unless you use it to vote.
Cop gets a random free peak on a VT Night 0.
Mafia may talk in the Mafia chat until everyone has confirmed on Night 0.
Claiming is allowed.

Rules:
NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE GAME (Ex. skype, pms, other threads, phones calls and the like.)
NO QUOTING ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME
NO FAKE QUOTING
NO EDITING OR DELETING POSTS
NO EXCESSIVE PERSONAL ATTACKS (I will be the one to decide that)
NO POSTING ANY LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH
LIMIT FLUFF POSTING TO A BARE MINIMUM (I will be the one to decide that)
YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 3 CONTENT RELATED POSTS EACH 24 HOUR PERIOD
YOU ARE TO PLAY TO YOUR WIN CONDITION. IF I THINK YOU ARE NOT AND I WARN YOU AND YOU DO IT ANYWAYS, YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING IN ANY MORE OF MY GAMES
HAVE FUN!!!

DO NOT POST!!!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Setup:

13 Players:
10 Town
3 Mafia

Town:
Cop
Doctor
Vanilla Townie x8

Mafia:
Roleblocker
Good X2

Welcome [Player X], you are Town Cop.

Each night you may write me the name of the player to investigate in this QT. You will get a result of Town or Mafia. I will take the last NA given. You will receive the result of N/A if you are Roleblocked.

Night actions must be submitted by one hour before Day Phase.

You win when all mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one Town person left in the game.

Please confirm that you know your role in this QT.

Welcome [Player X], you are Town Doctor.

Each night you may write me the name of the player to Protect in this QT. You will not be notified if you have successfully saved your target. I will take the last NA given.

You win when all mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one Town person left in the game.

Welcome [Player X], you are Vanilla Townie.

You have no night actions.

Welcome [Player X], you are Mafia Roleblocker. You are teamed with [Player A] and [Player B].

Each night you may write me the name of the player to Roleblock in this QT. You may talk amongst your teammates in the QT I will link to you to pick a member of the Mafia to execute a single factional kill for your team. I will take the last NA given. You may not Roleblock and do the Night Kill the same Night.

You win when all Town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this.

Welcome [Player X], you are Mafia Goon. You are teamed with [Player A] and [Player B].

Each Night phase you may talk amongst your teammates in the QT I will link to you to execute a single factional kill for your team. I will take the last NA given.

You win when all Town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this.

GAME STARTS WHEN 11/13 PLAYERS CONFIRM THEIR ROLE!

DO NOT POST!!!​

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
11/13 players have confirmed their role!

YOU MAY POST!!!

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 10:40 PM
-->
vote Gopher

Local time
Today 11:40 AM
-->
Vote jennywocky
QT has yet to send me a role pm :mad:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Vote jennywocky
QT has yet to send me a role pm :mad:

I think I found out why people sleep at night (I'm a fucking moron).

So so sorry. I am the worst Host of mafia this site has ever seen. *sigh*

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

So so sorry. I am the worst Host of mafia this site has ever seen. *sigh*

There's only been 1 host on this site so that's basically a given. I mean, you're also the best host too, right?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->

Mafia > Sleep

Side note: This game has found its way into my dreams lately. Weird.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Today 4:40 AM
-->
God dammit. My plans have vastly changed. I'm too fucked up to post any substance, but I'm reporting in.

vote hado, because he's been lurking so far and I like that he'll possibly think I'm bitter about last game and also as a way to mention the fact that I have an amendment or two to put forward to his game plan last game.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Okay, so we've yet to hear a defence from either Gopher or Jennywocky, leaving me very suspicious of Cheesypoofs, and all Hado has offered is a conspicuous silence, indicating that Sinny is either right or wrong.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
EBWOP - I meant Cheesypoofs, not Sinny. Damnit. That avatar lol

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Okay, so we've yet to hear a defence from either Gopher or Jennywocky, leaving me very suspicious of Cheesypoofs, and all Hado has offered is a conspicuous silence, indicating that Sinny is either right or wrong.

Why does no defense from goph or jenny (who was voted for before zerk even knew her role) make you suspicious of cheeseum? I mean, it probably is just badly phrased and not what you meant at all?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 7:40 AM
-->
A defense? I just got here! It's 6am!!! Good god, I still have crust in my eyes.

Hado is the one being conspicuously silent aside from breathing heavily while looking over the whole forum. That's so creepy suspicious that I can't possibly vote for it. It's exactly what an innocent person would do because he wouldn't be expecting it to arouse suspicion.

Vote Happy
just because he's too goddamned happy.

... but seriously. Where is Bronto? He didn't even post much in the pre-game thread. Hmm....

Local time
-->
Wait what
All voting so far has been lol-voting, so what defense are you talking about

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Why does no defense from goph or jenny (who was voted for before zerk even knew her role) make you suspicious of cheeseum? I mean, it probably is just badly phrased and not what you meant at all?

because i was rambling nonsensically, trying to rouse discussion.

A defense? I just got here! It's 6am!!! Good god, I still have crust in my eyes.

Hado is the one being conspicuously silent aside from breathing heavily while looking over the whole forum. That's so creepy suspicious that I can't possibly vote for it. It's exactly what an innocent person would do because he wouldn't be expecting it to arouse suspicion.

Vote Happy
just because he's too goddamned happy.

... but seriously. Where is Bronto? He didn't even post much in the pre-game thread. Hmm....

I have no defense for that. You got me - I am too happy.
It's a curse, but not one that was bestowed upon me by our LORD and game moderator, QT.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
wait, so which curse DID the great and powerful lord of creation bestow upon you? Hmmmm?

And don't worry Zerk, your cheap trick to try to steal my identity and life after stealing my avatar will be answered when the time is ripe, although if you are not nefarious mafiascum, then you shall have nothing to fear aside from being bested soundly in a war of wits and beauty.

... beginnings are hard.
Especially without coffee. I know what I need.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
So has anyone thought up some strategies to win this game?

Local time
-->
wait, so which curse DID the great and powerful lord of creation bestow upon you? Hmmmm?

And don't worry Zerk, your cheap trick to try to steal my identity and life after stealing my avatar will be answered when the time is ripe, although if you are not nefarious mafiascum, then you shall have nothing to fear aside from being bested soundly in a war of wits and beauty.

... beginnings are hard.
Especially without coffee. I know what I need.
Just...lynch this botch already

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
So has anyone thought up some strategies to win this game?

Yeah jenny mentioned coffee but she's also sleeping, which I see as counterproductive.

Maybe coffee is good to keep handy but you should also use other helpers such as ritalin, methamphetamine, cocaine etc.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:10 PM
-->
Step 1: Come lurk with me
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Town win!!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yeah, it's kinda clear that I have no idea what I should be asking, until the ball gets rolling. But maybe... just maybe... if we talk enough... something will click!

srsly, how do we start this?

Just...lynch this botch already

>_<

oh Your time will come just you wait.

Yeah jenny mentioned coffee but she's also sleeping, which I see as counterproductive.

Maybe coffee is good to keep handy but you should also use other helpers such as ritalin, methamphetamine, cocaine etc.

Should I be just popping that orally, or shooting that up through the skin between my toes?

Sniff. gol-durnd-kriminal influenz is harming our poor little Townie kids. WHY OH WHY

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
srsly, how do we start this?

No matter what, this is going to be an interesting game. We could start by brainstorming ideas. Even though we have 4 days (I think?) we shouldn't procrastinate. Mafia has one advantage over us; they work together as a cohesive unit. Even though we can't fully trust each other, we could do the same and contribute as a community. This can't work by relying on a hero, and nobody should try to be. One head < two heads < many.

Now I'm being a stern ol' ninny. X:D

I wondered if there was a way we could hack this game. There are hard-rules enforced by quicktwist, but as a town, we could invent agreed upon soft-rules that make this game a little harder for mafia, thus giving us an edge.

Just throwing this to you guys as a suggestion. I'll probably just mingle in with what you guys decide.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
What kind of soft rules you talkin' bout, willis?

I mean, your ideas sound positive, I just don't understand what they would look like in hard-core practical terms. "Working as a unit?" Okay. "Hacking game?" Hell yeah, but... what does that look like?

Not having a hero sounds good. Heroes get killed too quickly, and then where are you?

:phear: Hmmm. Hado and RB are being suspiciously quiet.
That could be nothing...
... or something more nefarious.
(Or they're dating.)

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
What kind of soft rules you talkin' bout, willis?

I mean, your ideas sound positive, I just don't understand what they would look like in hard-core practical terms. "Working as a unit?" Okay. "Hacking game?" Hell yeah, but... what does that look like?

Not having a hero sounds good. Heroes get killed too quickly, and then where are you?

:phear: Hmmm. Hado and RB are being suspiciously quiet.
That could be nothing...
... or something more nefarious.
(Or they're dating.)

Those questions get directed at everyone. If all players put in input, it'll only be maybe around 23% tainted (more or less). But at least we'll have input.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
I know I already have a suspicion, but I really have to keep myself checked for that. I'm not going to say anything, just keep it in the back of my mind, and do everything in my power to not cloud my judgement. No sense in giving good information to bad people.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
vote Gopher

YES WE FINALLY STARTED!

vote Happy

Obviously in a scum team with hado and thus terrified of me.

Seriously though to get things started I'm going to lynch the biggest lurker content/post/suspicion wise by the end of the day unless god himself comes down and tells me someone's mafia. (Well you get the idea anyway)

Also you know you can use.

FOS HADO or something like that (finger of suspicion) which is probably better in case due to trolling a majority lynch happens. (Majority lynch was invented by the devil)

ALSO REMINDER TO SELF DO NOT EDIT THIS POST.

Local time
-->
how does asking "what is your strategy", out in the open like this, help town-game though?
if townies actually cater to your question, mafia would have much more to gain

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Because it incites conversation. Which leads to reasons to be suspicious, which leads to more conversation which leads to more chance of finding mafia.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
how does asking "what is your strategy", out in the open like this, help town-game though?
if townies actually cater to your question, mafia would have much more to gain

I posted a little bit of my thoughts of the game, and at the same time, made a good claim as town. Secondly, it gives the game more challenge and obstacles, forcing more mental energy on everyone, particularly mafia. (Assuming the challenges are set correctly).

My vision is to make the game a lot more complicated than it is, but in a way that could be easier for town and hard for mafia. I'm wondering if there's a way of disrupting the economical odds of the mafia.

(Probably later, I'll find a better way to say that last sentence)

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Elaborating more, one of the hard-rules of the game is that each player has to play to their win condition.

If we all agree that each player must make a soft-rule for everyone to abide by, the mafia would have to think a little harder to make sure they don't make the game harder for themselves, and also not break that hard-rule above.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Why won't anyone lurk with me? You people are no fun.

Who's on then? Let's start.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
?

I think "playing to your win condition" just means that townies and mafia can't actively play to "throw the game" to the other team. There's not much hard and fast beyond that, right? i.e., no "spoiling" the game.

So I'm still a little lost... :(

Hado, geez, we already started....!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Also on. Only problem with that is it'll end up in WIFOM since we are just as likely to forget to play by the soft rules. Also it complicates things and detracts from scum hunting. However it does raise conversation and if you can pull it off it'll be great. What were you thinking?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Hado stop being scum.

What do you think of Jenny so far? Is she so new town it hurts or deviously playing that role or just mafia who realises that scum hunting is mighty hard when you know who the scum is.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I was planning on lurking more, but just realised I'm not available tomorrow night to make up for it. So I need to do more now.

1) Asking people about strategy is stupid. Read a guide.

2) If a single one of you idiots votes for yourself you earn my vote immediately as well. So many people voted for themselves last game, but it is pure emotional manipulation/wifom. If you are town, and you martyr this way, then you're shit town. I encourage others to do the same. You shouldn't ever put yourself in a position where this is your only option left. Just hunt scum, as this action serves as both your offense and your defense. My first priority for lynching is manipulative martyrs.

3) @Urakro
I don't think we have four days. I think we've got 48 hours (I could be wrong).

4) @Cheeseumpuffs
Please change your avatar. It's not to town's benefit to have you confused with Sinny. Also take your vote off me plznowty.

5) @Everyone that played last game, and who specced
You've all played now. I hope you understand that there is good reason for lynching everyday now that you've heard experts say it in the QT who you didn't have reason to suspect were misleading you. I'm trusting that we can unanimously agree that a lynch day one is a useful thing to do.

6) @Everybody
I know you want to do clever things. You can do those clever things, but do so while also hunting scum. If you do not pressure the people around you, this makes you look scummy in my eyes. I would point to kingbossscummafia puffy as the perfect example from last game. He was highly agreeable and rational, but ultimately none of his actions reflected a mindset of someone actually looking for who was mafia.

7) Yeah playing to your win condition is loose. So long as you're not deliberately holding your side back I wouldn't worry about it.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Jenny's done nothing to look like town. I didn't expect her to do so by now so that's fine. Null read.

FOS urakro
You've said a lot of words but all of them have encouraged others to do the thinking for you. I want to see what you think.

Gopher. What do you think of my read on Urakro?

Local time
-->
Hado yes I want a lynch but let it be known i won't do any compromise lynches...eg. A town me would have also refused to get neb lynched on last game

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
That's a bit wishy washy Zerkalo. What level of read allows you to lynch someone? If someone's a 50/50 in your mind you'd lynch them right?

@Gopher
I had some intentions. They would have been fun. I'm not going to explain them because I might use that strategy in some other game, and since it didn't actually happen, it's irrelevant.

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
Day cycle is 3 days, plus one night.

I'm all for scum hunting, but they need to be more thought out cases and made to appeal to the rest of the people. Quick judgements on the fly only give potential mafia what they want which is feedback on how well they are doing.

If the day was structured in a way where the first half was getting people to put in input, then the last half is putting together well reasoned cases for our suspicions.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Why are you interested in why I wanted to lurk more? How could that possibly lead you to a read? What response would a mafia hado say that a town hado wouldn't, given that both had just admitted and rescinded that intention?

Because dwelling on details of games that failed to happen doesn't seem productive. Reasoning please.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
This waiting 90 seconds to post is gonna mess me up.

Okay well I saw what he said and the ideals he proposed were unrelated to hunting directly. It was more of "lets spend time sorting out and then doing this random complicated thing and hope scum fall into our lap cause it's not like if there was a good strategy like that the experienced players would be gunning for it."

Also if he already has a suspicion he should say it. At this point I would jump on a pile of leaves. (That said I did just say I wanted to bait him out so waiting might be useful depending on situation)

I was at one point hoping to bait him into saying more however if we're going straight to suspicion on it I may as well say that.

You should do compromise lynches imo. I mean there's a heap of lynch theory but I would want to save it for when it's relevant.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Oh... you're right. Or about as right as I was (24 hours off). We need to lynch within 3 days. Which also means I could have lurked more...

QT, could we please get a countdown in the OP?

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
FOS urakro
You've said a lot of words but all of them have encouraged others to do the thinking for you. I want to see what you think.

I explained a lot of what I think, though I may not be the best person for good ideas. The only thing I've been holding back is my suspicions, which I've so far kept to myself.

This game is like the wild west. One wrong look and someone gets shot, then avenged and it can become chaos. Just wondering what it would be like if there was a little order.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
EBWOP reverse the 3 and 4th paragraph for the order I wrote them in.

Fair Hado.

Urk, sure but the way I build cases is by the feedback and understanding. Otherwise a simple misunderstanding in the first half of the day could waste time. I mean what input would you put in for half a day if you weren't hunting for mafia?

Reasoning hado? Cause I mean what possible reason could a town person be asking questions for! Bad Gopher bad! I just needed to cultivate conversation somehow. I didn't think about it or have any reasons apart from that. You should know I'm entirely intuition based in these games and I need stuff to fuel it with. Why are you so defensive and trying to shut down conversation?

Urakro

~
Local time
-->
I got you to stop lurking regardless. Because lurking was such a great #1 out of 3 steps you suggest for town to win. :D

I'm joking.

One main thing I realized speccing last game is that my suspicions on people are hardly more than being lucky on chance.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Tempted to vote Hadoblado just to not have to look at Justin Bieber's shit head 20 times per page.

Local time
-->
Was just about to tell u to change ur hideous clit Eastwood avatar i really hate that guy

Top Bottom