• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
Yesterday 11:31 PM
-->
There -- that's done.

I haven't been on a forum in many, many (many) moons so I barely recall the mechanics other than you type in a box. I am exceedingly pleased to discover there's an entire category of smilies devoted to corvidae. :raven04:

The Creations section of the forum seems...full of broken links and banned folk. I'm sure that's as it should be, but I'll confess it's a little disturbing. Also, it seems very quiet here -- is that just a current phase or the norm?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:31 PM
-->
This is a dingy back-alley bar, not a nightclub, zero effort is made to draw a crowd but the regulars keep coming back and every now and then some poor lost soul wanders in.

Hellooo~

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 7:31 AM
-->
Omg omg oh maw gold! Do u study birds? Will you sign my beer belly? What's your favourite vulture?

Also please don't leave. It gets lonely here and the mods harvest our organs when no one's around.
I'm serious here friend, just... please just post a thread or talk about your waffle iron... just make them stop, oh just make them stop! At night I... feel the scars of stitches past... feel the emptiness... and you can't even touch the usquebaugh, not after they... no... No!

For the sake of all that is good and just, save us! Our lives we place in your arms. March boldly!

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
This is a dingy back-alley bar, not a nightclub, zero effort is made to draw a crowd but the regulars keep coming back and every now and then some poor lost soul wanders in.

Hellooo~

Dingy back-alley suits just fine. Although I'm getting a bit more of a speakeasy vibe; probably because I feel like there's a secret password I don't know yet.

I can reliably perform sabrage if that'll help me fit in.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 5:31 AM
-->
Hi

It's a very old windswept castle, with many ghosts.

I/
SCENE I. A Castle in the Apennines, surrounded by a wild but smiling country.

II/ Rhineland

And there they stand, as stands a lofty mind,
Worn, but unstooping to the baser crowd,
All tenantless, save to the crannying wind,
Or holding dark communion with the cloud.
There was a day when they were young and proud,
Banners on high, and battles passed below;
But they who fought are in a bloody shroud,
And those which waved are shredless dust ere now,
And the bleak battlements shall bear no future blow.

Both Byron, who was rather an ass, but spoke very well. Which is the case of most known British poets.

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
Omg omg oh maw gold! Do u study birds? Will you sign my beer belly? What's your favourite vulture?

Also please don't leave. It gets lonely here and the mods harvest our organs when no one's around.
I'm serious here friend, just... please just post a thread or talk about your waffle iron... just make them stop, oh just make them stop! At night I... feel the scars of stitches past... feel the emptiness... and you can't even touch the usquebaugh, not after they... no... No!

For the sake of all that is good and just, save us! Our lives we place in your arms. March boldly!

I have an interest in birds, yes. However not an area of formal study. Before we go any further: you're making an awfully big assumption that *I* won't harvest your organs. :phear:

I'll deal with you in the charred and smoking ruins of the creative forums, I think.

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
Hi

It's a very old windswept castle, with many ghosts.

Now that's quite the welcome. :bats:

I'll counter your Bryon with some Poe of similar stripe (but by no means as eloquent):

The Haunted Palace

In the greenest of our valleys
By good angels tenanted,
Once a fair and stately palace —
Radiant palace — reared its head.
In the monarch Thought’s dominion —
It stood there!
Never seraph spread a pinion
Over fabric half so fair!

Banners yellow, glorious, golden,
On its roof did float and flow,
(This — all this — was in the olden
Time long ago,)
And every gentle air that dallied,
In that sweet day,
Along the ramparts plumed and pallid,
A winged odor went away.

Wanderers in that happy valley,
Through two luminous windows, saw
Spirits moving musically,
To a lute’s well-tuned law,
Round about a throne where, sitting
(Porphyrogene!)
In state his glory well-befitting,
The ruler of the realm was seen.

And all with pearl and ruby glowing
Was the fair palace door,
Through which came flowing, flowing, flowing,
And sparkling evermore,
A troop of Echoes, whose sweet duty
Was but to sing,
In voices of surpassing beauty,
The wit and wisdom of their king.

But evil things, in robes of sorrow,
Assailed the monarch’s high estate.
(Ah, let us mourn! — for never morrow
Shall dawn upon him desolate!)
And round about his home the glory
That blushed and bloomed,
Is but a dim-remembered story
Of the old time entombed.

And travellers, now, within that valley,
Through the red-litten windows see
Vast forms, that move fantastically
To a discordant melody,
While, like a ghastly rapid river,
Through the pale door
A hideous throng rush out forever
And laugh — but smile no more.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:31 AM
-->
My personal opinion is that if everyone is running head over heels away from the castle, the best approach is certainly to enter it. There are probably a lot of birds in there

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
My personal opinion is that if everyone is running head over heels away from the castle, the best approach is certainly to enter it. There are probably a lot of birds in there

Excellent! I'm right behind you... :ninjahide:

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Fine, but one feels silly riding out on the moors with a fish perched on one's wrist.

:cheerleaderkitties::cheerleaderkitties:

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
And on the castled crag of Drachenfels, here's a blog on the Romantics with a dash of Rhine Romanticism,

Morphosis:

Indeed, Childe Harold 3 is divided into two phases: a 'horizontal' phase when Harold-Byron moves across Europe, musing on the pitiable nature of mortal humanity; and then a 'vertical' phase when he climbs up into the mountains to commune with the sublimity of his own ego and the majesty of the landscape.

God, I miss Post Titles...

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
*gasps* Watch out Minuend!
*launches a spear at Sibui*
So you like birds huh? I prefer fish...

*catches spear easily* Aren't you fun? :beatyoukitty:

What are your thoughts on flying fish, then?

Fine, but one feels silly riding out on the moors with a fish perched on one's wrist.

:cheerleaderkitties::cheerleaderkitties:

Just so.

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
And on the castled crag of Drachenfels, here's a blog on the Romantics with a dash of Rhine Romanticism,

Morphosis:

Indeed, Childe Harold 3 is divided into two phases: a 'horizontal' phase when Harold-Byron moves across Europe, musing on the pitiable nature of mortal humanity; and then a 'vertical' phase when he climbs up into the mountains to commune with the sublimity of his own ego and the majesty of the landscape.

God, I miss Post Titles...

Oddly, I think I've seen this site before (or that's the sublimity of my own ego talking). Now my brain's crossing it all with Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came, and there's my afternoon sorted. :raven04:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 12:31 PM
-->
Hello OP! Nice to see you.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 12:31 PM
-->

kaylaflipper

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:31 PM
-->
Idk where to post this post. Help -

Disclaimer:

I'm 19, new to the INTP forum, my information might be dampened by the fact that my cognitions - the wheels - are fresh outta grease aka im fucking < ik this kind of language is trivial but it's an accurate depiction of my day to day audible habits> depressed and I'm looking for answers.

Hey all,

I'm confused. also, i find writing in my own constructed format helps me get my point across better - i have never thought to develop my story telling skills until just now

^not true, intuitively I said this because in reality this is a generally more accepted statement rather than being like yeah no shit you've thought about improving another intangible thing.

I've been mistyped y'all - jk clearly this is my own damn fault! I've been obsessed with figuring out how the world works since I can remember. It didn't dawn on me that this is my core function therefore every cognition I've had for 19 years has been pretty hard to interpret.

Yes I adapted through the stupor ( ex. of this being finding a lot of meaning in having a couple of friends that I can trust to the ends of the earth ) but honestly I've kind of been kicking cans for a bit now. OK

so im not great about sharing personal information through this format clearly so I guess what this all boils down to is this:

I was born

My family - core values: influenced by religion aka they care about being a good person and what society thinks that is

Raised by a single mother whose MBTI type is ESFJ - and she seems to exude a basic level of intelligence - aka she doesnt question shit she rolls with the punches and cares about socially accepted values blaaaah blah blah. I love her but I've always kind of hated her - or even been suspicious of her at times, unexplainably.

and I did it again. My emotions are really intense when it comes to the people close to me and it's really difficult for me to accurately depict what's going on between my family and I because the reality is sad.

So like.... I've been told to think one way through school and through my family so I used it as my language to decode my surroundings. I've been doing the chameleon thing that INTPs do my whole life essentially until right now.

me as a chameleon: acting/practicing doing things im naturally not adept in - things that arent logical. why havent i come to this conclusion fucking forever ago?
--> Because doing these things will hurt my family due to their inability to understand my crazy imagination. It's pretty easy for me to retreat back into the comfort of the dialogue of my own mind - constantly buzzing with new information.

but if you asked me a week ago, I probably could'nt tell you why I've made a single decision in my life.

it's the whys that drive me - the cruelest irony of them all

I'm aware of my cognitions - I'm thinking about discerning the jumbled mess instead of thinking about it through the lens of society.

This feels very mania like tbh - like really? I'm just gifted? Sounds fishy....

Can y'all dissect my thought process and also I'm curious to see if you too think I'm an INTP like yourselves (pretty sure, still looking for more evidence though)

Also im totally leaving out the factor that insecurities have completely vanished after learning more about fellow INTPs and how they too perceive the world. I thought I was broken.

Shibui

rara avis
Local time
-->
Idk where to post this post. Help -

Technically you're in my introduction thread, but hey, I don't mind since I've been loitering around for days overanalyzing where to post anything else. So kudos to you for just going for it! :applause:

So you're 19, somewhat depressed, looking for answers, and think you're an INTP. I'd say there's a fair chance you'll get some interesting insights from here.

You seem particularly interested in the chameleon aspect of INTPs. Have you considered that some of your recent changes in thinking (departing from patterns imposed by school or family) are merely a function of age? More succinctly -- do you think you're leaving the nest, ideologically? Nineteen seems a pretty opportune age for doing that sort of exploring, since usually one is off to college, or getting a first job etc., and becoming more independent from support networks for the first time.

Of course, everyone is different. I suspect we'll need to hear more from you to get a more accurate reading of your tea leaves. :D

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:31 PM
-->
Also im totally leaving out the factor that insecurities have completely vanished after learning more about fellow INTPs and how they too perceive the world. I thought I was broken.
Good for you, don't read to much into it, MBTI is a classification system, there's a lot more than 16 types of people in the world so don't fall into the trap of thinking you can better understand yourself by studying the INTP type.

Sounds like you've grown up in an oppressive environment, bible belt maybe?

My advice is embrace you eccentricities, develop your interests, be opinionated and accept that being wrong and making mistakes are how you learn, if you're risk adverse you won't make any progress.

kaylaflipper

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hey guys,

I'd like to clarify the circumstances that influenced my rambling this last May.

I'd known that I was an INTP about a year or two prior to becoming seriously interested in the concept of personality typing and the community associated with it. It just so happens that I was actually SUPER manic when writing that post - thought it sounded "intellectual" but really I was just delusional, clinically lol. Soon after, I was diagnosed with bipolar type one so, hey! At least I don't think/talk that way on a day-to-day basis.
My views on life have been relatively the same since around 15. That's right around the time when I realized that I can't change my personality and that certainties like binge reading reddit or excessive gaming were wayyy more comfortable/predictable than going out and partying on the weekends. AKA, I was able to recognize that being different isn't a defect.I love to party but I hate small talk - I'm more interested in finding out how people perceive the world but not all are comfortable with getting naked (metaphorically) with a stranger.

Btw,

Apologies to the Shibui for the wacky post - tbh I found it kinda amusing/cringey once lucid. Nonetheless, here I am posting in it again - I blame the bipolar x

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
I wish I could be manic. Tbh you still seem a bit animated for this forum.

kaylaflipper

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I don’t disagree, I tend to go overboard on such forums. Can’t take myself seriously enough yet to not be borderline obnoxious. Mania is awesome until you lose touch w reality - reason sounds false at some point. That was just my experience though.

Top Bottom