• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP shit you did as a child

Introspective

Local time
Today 12:49 AM
-->
Wow. Looking at some of the posts I wonder if I was actually a normal kid.

Daycare: Would never listen. Ever. The only thing I did well was reading (about three times as fast as other kids).

Just - before - school - age: persistently questioned my father on what exactly was condensation.

Kindergarten-fifth grade: The weird kid. Straight- As, nonexistent social skills. Everybody ignored me at first, so I decided to act like I was mental. Went all hyperactive-ESTPish. Which didn't exactly help my popularity. In first grade I had a really gullible friend, so I would always read current events, use my imagination to twist them horribly, then tell of my "discoveries" to my friend. Haha. :smiley_emoticons_mrAt the age of seven I was experimenting to see if God existed. ("If I don't catch this bouncy ball I am officially an atheist!!") At eight I was, like others here, terrified by the thought of infinity. In fourth grade I was obsessed with Greek Mythology. In fifth I'd grown bored of that, so I became obsessed with, of all things, politics. I once borrowed fifteen political books from the library's adult section. The librarian was freaked out. In sixth grade I was obsessed with all things Cold War and all things RMS Titanic. At this point I was extremely unpopular and was starting to feel depressed. Then I discovered MBTI at the age of 11 1/2. Obviously I was ecstatic to find out there were people like me! Yippee. (My school was filled with Extroverted Sensors.)

After that people considered me a teen so I will end here. (This whole narrative sounds relatively boring, I know.)

living chaos

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:49 AM
-->
ok I'm still a teenager but I've had countless brief obsessions my entire life. Plus I read whatever I can get my hands on except for modern vampire novels. I never was social as a little kid and I was unpopular because my classmates were idiots. To name some arguments that killed any of my shots at popularity in elementary school were "do all dragons have to breathe fire?" "is mercury hotter than venus" and "does that song all-star by smash mouth contain the line 'your a rockstar. Get the show on. Get paid'." My classmates insisted on yes, yes, and no. I know they sound ridiculous but I knew I was right so I couldn't let it go.

living chaos

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Most children build pretend forts and kill invaders. I used to build a human body and pretend to be a white blood cell killing bacteria. I think I was about 10 or younger.

where did you go to kindergarten because believe it or not this sounds like it would have been fun for me xD

hablahdoo

Local time
-->
Oh god I have something for this thread. One day in my preschool years I somehow got a hold of a red clown nose and it all went downhill from there. I put it on and demanded I be called Rudolf. I really meant it too. If I was called Trevor by anyone I would start bawling "NO I'M RUDOLF!" and refuse to talk to them. This went on for entirely way too long and I still have no explanation for it.

That was a weird case. Usually I was just quiet and doing my own thing. When I was a baby for whatever reason I wasn't needy and didn't care much for hugs or attention. That pattern followed into preschool I spent all my time alone building forts out of blocks for the most part. Hm.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Yesterday 9:49 PM
-->
Trevor is a good name. I don't meet people named that very often. One of my kids is named Trevor.

here is funny story that has nothing to do with this thread.

about ten years ago this person we sort of knew through another person, and were getting to sort of be friends with, stopped by our house on the way to visit someone else. We were all sitting around talking and the following conversation happened.

Dude: Yeah, I'm going over to visit my friend that just had a baby when I leave here.

My Husband: Oh yeah? Is the baby a boy or a girl?

Dude: A boy. Can you believe, they named him Trevor!

Me: Oh. What's wrong with that?

Dude: *laughing* Well... it's pretty damn gay don't you think?

Me and Husband: .....

Dude: What?

Husband: That's my sons name.

*eternal crickets*

The guy left quickly after that and never came over again.

toastedtruth

est. 1995
Local time
-->
When I started ignoring my parents one day because I just wanted to get away from it all, they took me for a hearing test.

Other episodes of my life include: locking myself in a bathroom to get away from my ESTJ brother, then falling asleep after thinking in an empty bathtub; being told to stop daydreaming in class; and being spontaneously rebellious at my Year 7 IT teacher when they said Internet Explorer was better than Firefox or Chrome (in beta), solely for the reason it has "Group Policy". I also had a fascination with Windows Vista in Year 6 which drove my deputy headteacher up the wall.

Oh, and lastly I remember being in a play when I was in Year 3. I am traumatised from ever acting again. At one point it was so bad I would refuse to wear a uniform. Then again, are us INTPs ever "uniform"?

kaisaki1342

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In my country we used to wear uniform but there is one point in my childhood that I don't really like it and then i just get used to it.

Some of the things I remember from my childhood.
When I am kinder the only thing I remember is sleeping in class nothing more. The funny thing is all my previous classmate memory of me in kinder is also sleeping in class so I did not do anything in kinder other than to sleep.
Around Grade 1 my mom would try to make my hair into pigtails , I am so against it but pretend to be ok, a few blocks away from home I remove it to her dismay.
I have attracted weird personality kids around elementary and we stay friends until grade 6 none of them are popular and I still have habit of sleeping in class. Its a surprise I survive my primary education.
Around Grade 3 I get very interested in drawing that even with marginal talent I have been able to draw. In Grade 4 I ran a business of drawing pokemons.
Since childhood until know I get started doing self projects only to set them aside a few days after.
Other random things , I have been able to do a judo like throw to a kid bigger than me when I am demonstrating the move (taught by a friend) to my brothers. I kick a playmate straight to a large cabinet mirror, whenever I see the cabinet without its mirror I remember it. I also once hide in the bathroom- that is when my cousins are coming over to our house. My younger brother always says that I do some strange things during my childhood. After reading the post here , I realize my childhood is tamed.

living chaos

Redshirt
Local time
-->
some stuff I forgot to mention included hiding from my own birthday parties because I got fed up with my friends that were there, earning the nickname "corner gnome" because I would often sit in the corner of a room reading a book, learning how to look awake when I fell asleep in class, memorizing the creaky floorboards in my house so that I could walk through it before my parents woke up, the first thing I said was "I'm not done with that yet", and every morning when I was a toddler I would yell "the suns up!" to tell everybody that it was morning and that they should be awake.

Tempestas

who purgatoried their torsos night after night wi
Local time
-->
My school decided to have a science fair for GATE students only in my sixth grade year. I was really excited about it, and decided to build a magnetic levitation car out of Magnetix pieces, wood and plexiglass. My dad used the power tools but I told him what to do x3

The night before the science fair, I decided to read the guidelines for the first time. That's when I found out that I was supposed to have a poster board, hypothesis, etc. So I bs'd a board that night, with my hypothesis being "The magnets will make it float" or something to that effect. My conclusion was "yes, it floats." xD

I only got a participation award for that. First place went to the baking soda volcano. Her mother was on the school board. -.-

In kindergarten I didn't have any friends at my school. Our playground was right up against some houses, though, one of which was a day care; I'd spend recess talking to those kids through the fence. I also could never remember anyone's name, so I'd refer to them by descriptive phrases like "The girl with the glasses" and "the kid with the stitches in her eye" (her eyelashes were growing he wrong way).

I was afraid that the Santa Ana winds would blow my tiny body away, so I would hit he deck hang onto the grass whenever they picked up. Got my friends to do it too.

I always took my book out to recess, but I made friends that would just gather around me as I read for protection. (They didn't realize that's what they were doing, though.) I read nonstop, and as a result had a massive vocabulary but couldn't correctly pronounce things. Highlights include schedule-- school-a-doo-- and anonymous-- annoy-mus.

At my school, we had to take AR (accelerated reader) tests. They were little quizzes on books to make sure you read them, and then you would get points. The school adopted this into their English grading system. By sixth grade, I had read all of the books they had tests for that interested me, and would go off and do my own thing. The teacher informed me that I would get a very low grade if I didn't take the tests they already have, and that's when I started not caring. And here I am today x3

My friend, an INTX who happens to be on this forum as universe34, would just pick tests on nonfiction books he hadn't read to test his knowledge and get points for just knowing about the solar system, for example.

I spent most of my elementary years getting hit in the head by sports equipment and became very good friends with the nurse.

Just as I was ending middle school, I would go though intense periods where I was terrified of death and the concept of nothingness. I retreated into myself, and my friends made other friends. I watched everyone that I had been close with drift away, and I didn't really have any kind of life outside of school.

But I have never been bullied. People seem to like me.

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
I fell off the sledge, bumped my hip, and didn't tell anyone. The next day I had trouble walking, so my mom noticed it and bring me to a doc. I kept telling them that I don't have the slightest idea of what happened and they both thought that I was bumped by a car. I denied their claims (I didn't lie, mind you!), but I never told them what happened. :D

Jason Evans

Redshirt
Local time
-->
At 12, I became fascinated with the deficiency diseases (scurvy, pellegra, etc.). I even had a favorite disease at any given time. Later, I got heavy into science. I talked my teachers into ordering science supplies for me that I would use for experiments at home. Then, in true INTP fashion, I moved on. (And on. And on.)

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 2:49 PM
-->
Hiding in a cupboard in class, bursting out mid-way through and saying in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger accent, 'commence evacuation procedures', then rolling over the teachers desk, jumping out the window and screaming, 'get to the chopper!' still in character.

I don't know if it was necessarily an INTP thing, but I did stuff like this all through school.

shortbuss

Local time
-->
One of my first friends from childhood met me when she and another of my early friends were walking out into the back corner of the field area during recess. I was sitting in a corner drawing something on the wall with berry juice from berries that had fallen all along the ground. This mostly just reflects my extreme introversion.

When I was invited to social outings I would usually steal away my favorite person and just goof of with them while ignoring everyone else. This kind of behavior is why I think I am actually perfect for a monogamous relationship.

SnowCone

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:49 PM
-->
When I was about 10 or so I tried on public schooling for a week. In math class, a student asked a question about why we would need 'this' in our life. I can't remember what it was. The teacher dodged the question by saying they would need it for high-school and college level math, and put a few variable on the board and said "in the future, you'll be able to solve this as if it's noth---" and I cut her off by answering it with the number to 5 decimal places, followed by a cocky remark. Something like "It's 4.11519. I don't think the average person can do problems with decimals quickly or easily, ma'am. At least, not in this world"... Main reason was because it was some easy problem for my math-methods.

I was later called by the principal who wanted to abuse me for government funding. He gave a problem that was something like "x = 2x - 10" and asked me what X equals. I said "Well, x equals two x minus ten, of course!". He glanced at my teacher, then back to me, and said I could go.

Oh, and I'm back in public schooling since I decided I need social skills.

First day, geometry. I debated with my teacher about the essence of the fourth dimension. My argument was based on how major theories of everything do indeed state time is the 4th dimension, and that time would be given more physical properties like mass or matter or something.

I won, sort of. He sent me to the office, and as soon as he said to go, I shouted "I WIN! BOO YA!" and ran out of the room.

Yeah.

jaetwee

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:49 PM
-->
I wasn't really that "bad" of a child. I was more focused on trying to reassure myself that I was better. I also didn't want to ruin my chances at university because there's so much to discover at university and it opens doors to very well paying jobs. And franky, I have expensive tastes.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I once made a little viking boat out of wood, put a dead bird I had found in it, set it on fire, and floated it downstream.

I wish we had had camcorders at that day and age.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
I made up a game where the rules kept changing in my favor.

That's a principle I've held through life, I've always worked to rig the deck so I'd get a good hand of cards.

Attention class! It's important to elucidate why your characteristic is INTPish.

In this case you see the preference for working behind the scenes to make progress and get ahead, rather than the ESTJ frontal assault approach.

SLushhYYY

Local time
-->
When I was 4, I would be at a family friends house almost every weekend, my parents would also be there. The family friends had a cat. Whenever the parents were drunk and indoors I would sneak out into the backyard by myself and have stare downs with their cat. One day I decided to throw a rock at the cat to see what it would do. I threw more rocks and eventually the cat jumped the wall and ran away. When I was asked about it, I said that I had never seen a cat.

Bucca

Local time
-->
-Ate (used) cat litter
-Ate (unused) toilet paper and tissues
-Tried eating bird crap on the ground when I was 5 thinking it was ice cream
-Told my mom "I am going to miss me when I die." Ha no.
-Thought if I really believed I could fly
-Had nightmares nightly and hardly slept well
-Wanted to be anything other than human
-Would save drowning bugs in pools

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
-Ate (used) cat litter
-Ate (unused) toilet paper and tissues
-Tried eating bird crap on the ground when I was 5 thinking it was ice cream
-Told my mom "I am going to miss me when I die." Ha no.
-Thought if I really believed I could fly
-Had nightmares nightly and hardly slept well
-Wanted to be anything other than human
-Would save drowning bugs in pools

Not to pick on you, but this is more like "weird shit you did as a kid". Why is this indicative of INTP? Example, for the INTP's I've known, none of them were adventurous in eating things. Sensor kids are like that more often.

Bucca

Local time
-->
Not to pick on you, but this is more like "weird shit you did as a kid". Why is this indicative of INTP? Example, for the INTP's I've known, none of them were adventurous in eating things. Sensor kids are like that more often.

Perhaps I am not an INTP, I do not know. I was always curious and loved to eat. I was also very loud, chattery and stubborn. Now I am withdrawn, disordered and introverted. It is possible I have changed through development.

Edit: though clearly you are right. None of the said things are really INTP qualities.
Though I was always focused on details and was the odd one out. I also couldn't read out loud until I was 6 or maybe older. I went to a learning foundation and they basically said I was either gifted or mentally challenged. I also bit one of my tutors...

SLushhYYY

Local time
-->
In 5th grade I road the bus to school. One day I was curious if the seat in front of me was difficult to puncture, so I took a pencil and jammed it into the seat in front of me. I made a large hole and was later caught by the bus driver, I have no clue how she knew it was me but I assumed that somebody snitched on me.

I received a bus referral :rolleyes: . Later on in the day the principal of the elementary school called me into her office to discuss my damages. I calmly collected my thoughts and began my story.

"Principal 'So and So', it was not my intention to make a hole in the seat. I was pretending to draw on the seat in front of me with my pencil, since the pencil would not leave any marks on the lacquered surface. The bus driver made a sudden stop which lunged me forward, as well as the pencil against the seat. The pencil punctured the seat, and I became very scarred of being punished so I did not tell anybody about it. I'm very sorry for all of this, it was not my intention to cause harm or vandalize anything, and in the future if anything like this were to happen I will tell an adult first thing."

The principal bought everything that I had told her. She said that I would not be punished, she erased my bus referral from the school records and I was given a 20$ fee to fix the wound in the seat. :)

Fucking idiots.

Crocket

Local time
Today 6:49 AM
-->
Quitting football (soccer) because I couldn't stand the way the coach went about his job. Way too authorative, and even when all the kids told me I should listen to him because he was a good player, couldnt care less. Always been a really bad student, preferred to be left alone and hated having to answer in class, couldn't seem to focus. "Crocket just wants to be left alone" came up a lot on my rapport cards. Never taking advice ever since I was a kid actually...

Local time
-->
When I was in middle school, we had a nurse that was teaching sex education. She told us that viruses were just bacteria that weren't curable. Inquiring for the truth, I asked her if she was sure, because my research in up-to-date publications and my biology books said that viruses , while not 'curable'- were in a different class than bacteria..etc..etc. She told me I was wrong because her book( a 1970s religious material booklet) told her so.

In High School, I took a class that regarded the human body and health. Guess who was teaching it. The same woman eventually said stuipid stuff... every...other...sentence. Every now and then I found I couldn't help but trying to debate her. All her arguments would end in "this is what the book tells us". At least this time she used a 1990s book, but the material was still outdated and even very incorrect for its time.

One day she eventually told me, "you would argue with the devil ,wouldn't you!" . I told her I would if if the devil was wrong.I would have told her more but I know that as an ISFJ, she would just try and get me to say something in order to get me in trouble.

Local time
-->
I was a generally quite kid, I had college level reading level by the third grade.

I read quite a lot, and never did anything outlandish, I really didn't want to draw that much negative attention.
Lot's of bizarre surreal doodles.
I do remember having teacher's call my name over and over again, and just not....hearing them.
I'm not sure if that's INTP or my ADD though.
We do have a high percentage of ADD in our type in all actuality.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I remember as a child my science teacher couldn't figure out how to enter my grade into the gradebook beacuse it would only accept two digit numbers and I had a 107% after earning extra credit on every test.

I was in one of the very early grades, and was doing allgebra problems I found somewhere, and my teacher asked me, "where did you learn algebra?" and I just asked, "what is algebra?" because I honestly didn't know or had ever heard the word.

I slept through chemistry and always ended up getting an A on every test while everyone else was failing, then I told my teacher I wasn't interested in taking any more science classes after that (it was the last required one at my school).

I was told by my teachers I was too quiet and needed to socialize more, so I decided I woud just stop talking to people all together, because I am not going to let people tell me what to do.

Back when I was super young and we were learning colors, I would refuse to recognize the color yellow anytime I was asked, just because I didn't want to.

Ionosphere

Thinker
Local time
-->
Well, I was always interested in science from a very young age. In year 5 in primary school, so when I was about 8 or 9 years old, a physics teacher from a high school visited my primary school and saw that I was clearly far ahead of the rest of my science class, so he set me a task of making a powerpoint and sending it to him. The powerpoint could be on anything related to science. So I went home, and using only my knowledge I had at the time in my head, without looking anything up, made the powerpoint. I've managed to dig out the old file, and I'll list what each of the slides was about: History of the atom and people who made major discoveries about them, next slide was on atomic structure, e.g electrons, neutrons, protons, how electrons orbit the nucleus in shells, the next slide was on the different types of quarks and subatomic particles and quarks, the next slide was on radiation, how it works and the different types, and the last slide was on nuclear power and how it works. Aparrently he was quite impressed with it.

Not sure if that's a specifically INTP thing though, but it is something I did as a child.

Fghw

Local time
-->
I was beaten into submission as a kid. As a result, my defiant nature is gradually showing itself in the most crucial years of my development.

Kdosi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When I was about 8 or 9 I created a referendum in my class about which book should we read at a reading lesson, because I deemed the one picked by the teacher to be extremely dull. As soon as the teacher caught wind about that, each and every one of my classmates stopped supporting me and sort of bowed their heads and claimed that their signatures were gotten without them realising what that means.

So I quite calmly announced to my teacher that she is a cow.

Although I might regret calling her names, I must admit that she resigned her post and became a shopkeeper, because she couldn´t stand me "threatening her authority".

jantling

camera obscura
Local time
-->
When i was 9-ish, I went to the local pool and asked if they'd tell me how they balanced the chemicals in the water. I went back the next week and asked if they'd show me how. Then I asked if they'd show me where they kept the chemicals. Then I asked if they'd let me balance the chemicals, etc. Eventually, they showed me the cabnet where they kept the supplies. I'd come in, take the key, open the cabnet, take what I needed, take the readings and add whatever it needed to be balanced again. When I was done, I put the stuff away, lock the door, put the key back and leave.:phear: No one ever stopped or questioned me.:phear:

It was fun.:)

AzuriteCat

A cat that barks 'meow'
Local time
Today 12:49 PM
-->
Not very INTP-ish when younger (which is why I doubted that I'm an INTP) but here goes:

Baby: Probably gets bored very easily (Climbed out of the cot once or maybe few times. I thought maybe I was bored being stuck in the cot. I dunno...)

Kindergarten: Only had one friend, blunt(unintentionally), quite slow

Primary school (1st grade): A kid with ADD.

Primary school (2nd grade to 3rd grade): Starts creating games (I called those game books. Basically, it's like playing RPG...except with drawings...in a book. I would be the one controlling the flow of the game.) Also, during my 3rd grade, my mom bought me encyclopedias and books about animals...and I started to enjoy gathering knowledge. I remember bringing along my books to church meetings and stuffs. It was also the time when I started to say that I'd want to be a zoologist when I grow up (..but I guess not since I'm currently on a programmer's path lol)

Let's skip towards..

8th grade: I started to be very curious about my own identity. Which is why my mentor (from my church) introduced me to MBTI. Strangely, I got ISFJ as my first result. But now when I think about it, it was probably because I answered the test according to what people around me wants me to be.

So...yeah.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
I ASKED ME MOMMA:

YO MOMMA WHAT'S THE SINGULAR FORM OF NEWS

AND SHE BEED LIKE:

HELL IF I KNOW CREEP

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 7:49 AM
-->
Legos, reading, nature and general introversion. A massive imagination and a curious mind, but my intellectual faculties were sadly underdeveloped. Starting doubting christianity at 9, but only conclusively denounced it at 16.

Maximum of about 4 close friends. I was way less rebellious, and a tad bit more emotional. I also believed a bunch of crap about society and one's role in it.

easttowest

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I went back inside during my first fire drill at school (when I was five) as soon as I found out there wasn't actually a fire. After my teacher and the principal found me and started yelling at me, the conversation went something like this:
Me: There isn't a fire. You were making me stand out in the cold for no reason.
Them: The reason is that we told you to.
Me: That's not a reason.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 7:49 AM
-->
I went back inside during my first fire drill at school (when I was five) as soon as I found out there wasn't actually a fire. After my teacher and the principal found me and started yelling at me, the conversation went something like this:
Me: There isn't a fire. You were making me stand out in the cold for no reason.
Them: The reason is that we told you to.
Me: That's not a reason.

The System owned by a five-year old.
Kudos.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
INFJ but posting anyway... I also asked a ton of questions on a regular basis. But my family and relatives told me that I shouldn't feel stupid for doing so, and that in fact it was a sign of intelligence ; )

Damn you lot sound like tough kids for the most part, I was a total wuss most of the time. And so when someone messed with me I had to come up with an insidious way to mess with them back without their knowing it was me. I may have been very sensitive but I was also patient and didn't forget injustices, thus I could wait a long time before getting revenge.

I fondly recall watching this stupid annoying cunt of a kid who liked to try (successfully at first) to boss me creep in behind a large mattress which was standing against a wall. I backed up and charged at it full speed finishing by jumping into it while he was behind it. Then I walked away a small distance and watched him stumble out dizzy and in pain with no idea just who did it.

My mother also told me that one should never hit other people, like ever. My dad wasn't as categorical. One of his friend also had an annoying cunt of a kid who would always try to fight me for some reason, he was also such a shity fighter than even an overly sensitive kid like me wasn't in the least bit scared of him. Upon driving to this friend of my dad's house I asked my dad what I should do about it, think I was about five. He told me me to grab the cunt kids arm and scratch him as hard as I possibly could to teach him not to fuck with me. I was like "Wha.. I can do that?", he was like "Yeah son, sometimes you have to, it's alright this time".

We got there and of course the obnoxious dipshit tries to pick a fight with me whereupon I grab his arm and and scratch him intensely drawing blood and he gets all weepy. The plan was a total success I never had any issues with the dipshit ever again.

xZero

Anything is possible
Local time
-->
When I was a child, I was a pain in the ass for my parents. :D

Everything was began when I was 4 years old boy, who starting to mess with household electricity, I messed up something and then I got a shock :p But that was just a beginning... I didn't get hurt, just a little skin burns...

After that I started disassembling all my electric/mechanic toys I had, and then I used mechanism for them to build new stuff I liked it, such as a toy crane.

My parents hated that, because I never played like other kids do.

Also I liked living in my world in my head, so I was a very confused boy...

Then, school began and new troubles with it.

I always late, I liked to read the books and not learning as others do. I was a really bad student. When I was 14, I steal abandoned car and crashed it. That car did not have a battery so I stole one from my dad and mounted it. Also I didn't have the keys, so I connected wires somehow... Thanks God, I didn't get hurt....

That's the time when I started to learn about computers and electronics, etc., I started programming etc.

When high school began, new troubles too. I exploited and infected main school server with my own virus, the system was failing and nobody had Informatics class for a two weeks, after all, the school system was never back to normal again.... Masses of corrupted data, etc. They never revealed who made that mess.

They had main server, domain and via using local network all school computers was connected to the server, there was no data stored on the clients except OS. So just Imagine the mess I made. :D

Today, I'm 20 years old, I can repair almost anything, from the mechanics to electrics and informatics. All knowledge I have been self-learned, almost nothing from school. I am collecting electronic devices like TVs, monitors, computers, printers etc. And I have a ton of garbage (as my father calls it). My father hates it but I can't say goodbye to anything because I ever can find and reuse some parts to repair something else.

And yes, I still live with my parents, because my country (Croatia), finding a job is impossible. I', unemployed last 3 years....

My life got a better when I discovered that I'm an INTP, five months ago.

And I can't say how I'm happy because I find people like me here :storks: because I never had friends, nobody liked me because I wasn't like them, I never smoked, we didn't have same interests, I'm person who like logic and think, and they are not.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :slashnew:

And sorry for long post....

Magus

Local time
-->
Was given a microscope kit for by 13th birthday which was pretty awesome. I used it to look at pond water, bugs, leaves, bits of meat and vegetables. I used to cut myself (with clean scalpels of course) to take blood samples to then look at. I could just make out the cells. When I was a little older I looked at a more uniquely male fluid under the microscope as well which was just as interesting -- collecting samples was a little more fun however. ;)

Also tried lots of things on my body just out of curiosity, like liquid diets, living nocturnally and things like that. Self experimentation seems like a very INTP thing to do.

Science fascinated me until late in high school when the subjects just became formulaic and all my classmates ended up choosing physics because exam results scaled well for our exams into university. At that point I did a 180 and went deep into history, where the syllabuses were vague and allowed me to basically learn about whatever I wanted to.

Although I've always been introverted to some extent, I was less introverted as a child than I am now.

Jake

Local time
Yesterday 8:49 PM
-->
Oh god I have something for this thread. One day in my preschool years I somehow got a hold of a red clown nose and it all went downhill from there. I put it on and demanded I be called Rudolf. I really meant it too. If I was called Trevor by anyone I would start bawling "NO I'M RUDOLF!" and refuse to talk to them. This went on for entirely way too long and I still have no explanation for it.

That was a weird case. Usually I was just quiet and doing my own thing. When I was a baby for whatever reason I wasn't needy and didn't care much for hugs or attention. That pattern followed into preschool I spent all my time alone building forts out of blocks for the most part. Hm.
I was obsessed with the Molly and Emmett stories in Ladybug Magazine. I forced everyone to call me Emmett (who was a talking cat) and even got my parents in trouble at a border check when I refused to answer to my real name when they were checking our passports.

Jake

Local time
-->
Believe it or not, but I was the fucking man in kindergarten. I somehow (don't ask me how it started, I really can't remember) established my own "party", in which I was the dictator. Everyone 4-6 years old had to join. I controlled like 30 kids. I even had a chain of command involving some of my friends. Then one of my friends started his own party, and we had gangfights when it was outdoor playtime.

And no, I'm seriously not making this up.
I had a few kids whom I referred to as my minions and who openly claimed to worship me. I made contracts for them as if I was the Devil and I owned their souls. That was fifth grade. Now I don't give a damn about leading people or controlling my friends. Weird.

Jake

Local time
-->
Sorry for the triple post. I also remember dismissing all claims of Santa Clause when I was three. I hated Santa with a passion after my parents confirmed he was fake, and I tried to convince everyone he was false. Knowing people were believing in something so obviously nonexistent bothered me more than anything else in life. Ironically, at the same time I would throw temper tantrums and tell Jesus I hated him whenever something went wrong in my life. After I matured a bit I became a more devout Christian. Surprisingly I didn't lose faith in God until I was fourteen, but it was through the exact same critical-thinking process that led me to lose faith in Santa.

cloudhead

Drifting through life
Local time
-->
When I was 8-ish I argued with another kid about what elements are, he saying fire, water, earth and air, while I had my nice periodic table in my head, although I did not understand the concept of artificial elements at that time and said there were 112 of them, the heaviest of them being what is today known as Copernicum, which I argued had a stupidly high density, which I now realize was completely wrong.

For birthdays and stuff I always wanted books about science: Cosmology, Dinosaurs, and my favourite one I had to beg for a while to get, a very thick one that covered everything from atoms to black holes, passing through engineering and architecture, at a level a bright 8 year old could understand.

In elementary school when we would read a text I would not follow together with the other kids reading out loud because that was soooo slow, and instead read for myself, then read the next text, then look up and see that everybody was working on something and I didn't have a clue.

Quick forward to 5th grade, I spent the class trips reading fantasy books, oblivious to what was going on around me, gradually less and less social interaction and now I'm recovering :P

Local time
-->
Hard to remember. When I was very young, I remember lying under some industrial ventilators, trying figuring out how they must work. And other normal things which are not unique to INTP...

But the most extreme things I can remember were in school. I think I was about 13 or so.
There were those guys (both were called Marco lol) who bullied me frequently, not too bad, though. But somewhen I reached a point where I couldn't bare it any longer.

One of them annoyed me in the bus and we were sitting face to face (it was one of those 4 seat places). I don't remember what exactly triggered my behaviour but I suddently jumped, hold my upper body with my arms and kicked him with my winter boots in the face.

The bus driver made us seperate and Marco stole my pencile case out of my school bag, because I left it on the place. A small drama came next in school but I've been always a bit "popular" among teachers, so the headmaster went in person to Marco's house and looked for the missing pencile case lol.

Sweet, sweet victory.

Or the other Marco in woodwork class. You know, quite a big guy, strong.
He hit me on the head, I hit back... with a big rasp. He cried, I felt very good.
And for the remaning school time with them, I've never been bothered again.

I'm really not an aggressive person (well, I was when I was about 7), but enough is enough.

Oh, when I was about 11 or so I was at a river with my mother. It was only shallow water and I spent the time building a dam so the water can't flow through. What I didn't know was that by accident I took some stones from a dam nearby, which was made by another kid.

When he saw me, he shouted pretty loudly at me. Well, I didn't care much and was just waiting for him to come down. When I've had enonugh, I slapped him (not too hard, though).
It worked how I anticipated it and he finally shut up ^_^

But when my mother saw that she decided that it's better to go. I explained the situation to her, she laughed but didn't want to cause any further trouble with his granny.

dream&bass

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I had D's and F's all through middle and high school because I never did the work. I was often celebrated by the teachers as being one of the brightest students though. I scored the highest on the SAT from anyone in my class although I was the 115/127th in my class. I graduated highschool with a 1.8 GPA and went to college. I now have a 4.0 in college and have maintained that for 4 years.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I was playing with wires diodes and resistors and decided to connect everything to a socket.
Got shocked a little and initially afraid of electricity, tried without touching and I realised how I melted the whole circuit.

Proper use invalidated any/most rules I was fed as a child.

kenshi

El Conquistador
Local time
Yesterday 11:49 PM
-->
Like many of the previous posters, I was in no hurry to start talking. My parents thought something was wrong with me. I don't know if they took me to a doctor, but they put me in something like pre-k to try to get me to talk and then I had to take speech classes until third grade, which baffles me since I spoke fine by that point, at least when I wanted to. In third grade, they switched me to gifted and talented, funny enough.

I wasn't much of a troublemaker in elementary school, although I did hang out with a bunch of them. Sometimes I knew my teachers were wrong about certain things but didn't figure (and still don't) that they wanted to be corrected. Some of my teachers were the inspiration for Another Brick in the Wall pt 2. I'd say I was less of an introvert then as I didn't seem to have a problem making friends.

I was quite the nerd though. I spent so much time reading the encyclopedia and science books. (Now I spend an unusual amount of time reading Wikipedia, so that hasn't really changed.) I was seriously into astronomy and entomology and could tell you which order most insects belonged to. I collected various insects in jars to study and would often have more than half a dozen at a time. If I could catch it, it was my "pet" at one time. Later after my parents split up, I kept snakes, spiders, and scorpions at my father's house. I didn't think much about religion and philosophy until later, possibly because I never had to go to church and didn't have religion pushed in my face.

In middle school, the deviant behavior began. I never did anything really bad, but I didn't care much for the rules and let them know it. The worst trouble I got in was when a couple of friends and I were exploring in the plenum of the school and one of them fell through the ceiling. Good times...

In middle school and especially high school I really started reevaluating my beliefs. I considered that maybe I was the only person in the world that was truly conscious. My first potential relationship never came to be because she thought I wasn't interested in her even though I was infatuated. Imagine that... I had sex with her about ten years later though.

tvrgvryen

Ex regixie
Local time
-->
I would lie to and manipulate my gullible, naive friends. Each time I suspected that my friend Laura was being dishonest while over at my house, I warned her that I would tell on God. God lived in my attic, you see. I would go up to the attic and momentarily bang on the walls, creating a thunderstorm effect. She actually fell for this, so she would tell me the truth and thus validate my suspicion. In an attempt to make my lie seem more realistic, occasionally I told her that the nomadic God was lodging in someone else's attic. Another thing I did when I was little was sprinting in and out of the backyards of houses on both my block and on the block across from mine. I wanted to be a ninja. :phear: Regrettably, I once made my friend Eleanor join me. When we got caught, she ruined the speech I had planned in case of an emergency. She should have just kept quiet and let me do the talking.

JennaSayQuoi

Local time
-->
I *love* this thread. ^_^

I was 2nd youngest in a JW family of 6 kids. A weird situation. In school I was quiet and cooperative. I didn't get into GATE. In 3rd grade they sent home a packet to fill out to see if I was smart enough or whatever. I was tired of waiting and my mom wasn't getting around to doing it with me, so I just did it myself, but I did it wrong. Part of it was to draw and write a comic strip, but I had never seen a comic strip before, so I just drew pictures all over the page or some stupid shit like that. XD In pen. My mom was mad and then we never got a new one or ever did anything about. Surprise, surprise. (My mom is a total P type)

I peed my pants once at school, because I asked to go to the bathroom and the teacher said no. I held it absolutely as long as I could. :( (Makes me think of the Sims... lol) Later the teacher was like, "You should have told me!" :mad: I DID.

I took authority very seriously, although inside I still thought I knew more. Once I argued with a sub about the fact that she said "Heck" and that it was swearing. She was kinda pissed off about that. Heck and Hell are the same thing, lady, who are you trying to fool? :P (This was probably during a very serious tattling phase, where I thought it was my dire responsibility to notice all things that did not comply with the rules I was taught.)

I got mostly A's.

I remember having 'mountain' as a spelling word in every grade that we did spelling. 1-8 grade, literally. And people were still having trouble with it. Wth, people?

I had a friend who brought a lemon to school a few times and at recess we would both eat half, kind of like a dare. We would both stick the whole half in our mouth. (whole half? :/)

I also loved to climb trees, and fences, etc. We had this fence at home with lattice on the top half and it got in the way of climbing it so we (some of my siblings and I) kind of kicked some of it out. My mom was kind of mad about that. XD

Also, I was really clumsy. I ended getting glasses in second grade. My family always says that I would trip on nothing and then point around trying to find what did it/ why it happened. (thanks Ne/Si + bad eyesight, thanks.)

And one time I apparently, at 5 or so, tried to beat up my much older brother. He was doing something to me and I just snapped and started climbing him and tried to take him OUT. lol

Anchorite

I trusted you Steve Guttenberg!
Local time
Yesterday 11:49 PM
-->
When I was a kid I would spend hours drawing schematics for space-ships. I would have fun working out the scale and the technology available. How much room would the engine take up? Would it have weapons? Where would they go? Do they have the technology to induce gravity? If so, that changes the nature of everything. How many people can the ship hold? Where do they store the food? Etc;

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
They aren't exactly "children," more of teenagers+, but anyway

IRL I have not yet met an INTP who has not at one time or another attempted to speak in iambic pentameter for some prolonged period of time.

Top Bottom