• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Last movie you watched

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Jenny just got the 1000th post!

I think that means she gets a prize.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 11:42 AM
-->
Grayman just got 1001th post!

I think that means he narrowly missed out on getting a prize.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 6:42 PM
-->
Birdman. Really interesting movie, out of the norm, it certainly wasn't by formula, the acting was very real; I can see why it was rewarded with an Oscar.

it was pretty amazing they could pull the movie off looking as if it were done in one continuous take (aside from some time fast-forwards, but it was still filmed as a single take). The planning was meticulous, the rhythm had to be precise. This of course reflects the nature of the movie itself -- a B-movie actor looking for legitimacy on the Broadway stage. the movie is filmed with the constraint of a live performance.

It was also daring to drop back into a jazz drum track instead of conventional scoring, but again it supports the sense of "internal rhythm" without providing cues of what will happen next. The key is to be more in the flow, and the rest will follow, even if you don't know what it is; trust the inner beat.

I also liked how surreal elements could be mixed into an otherwise "realistic story," you get a sense of which aspects are metaphorical/illusory versus which events do happen. It also allows for the ending to play.

It was just a very ambitious film, artistically, that actually ends up working.

I watched this on the plane and choose it purely because it reminded me of the character bird person from Rick and Morty. I saw the majority of it but fell asleep for the end,I vaguely remember stuff starting to kick off but don't know what happened lol. I'll have to re watch the end.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
Haha...I didn't even notice the thread count.

We should make a movie... "1000" Or some other pretentious title...

Grayman just got 1001th post!

I think that means he narrowly missed out on getting a prize.

Rook got the 1002 post...which means he wasn't even really in the running except on Minus Two World.

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
Just watched "Blackhat" the new Michael Mann movie. It was not as good as Heat or Miami Vice. Some of the scenes were great, but I thought the Chinese actors lacked gravitas.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
Jenny's hogging this thread a lot. Someone challenge her dominance.

I watched The Hobbit trilogy yesterday. It was sort of meh after watching the LOTR. Not much in terms of introducing new core elements, but then again what was I hoping for? the prequel to a fantasy movie isn't going to be a sci-fi or anything radically different. I suppose I was hoping for something fresh or whatever, IDK its difficult to be impressed with the same recipe after the first trilogy.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:42 PM
-->
I watched Interstellar yesterday with the family. Got slightly bored with all of the drama but I did enjoy the sci-fi part.

PS: can someone please build me a TARS? I need a sarcastic robot right now.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Humor factor 65%, TARS.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail(Again)

Review: Go and watch it yourself, you lazy cheapskate!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail(Again)

Review: Go and watch it yourself, you lazy cheapskate!

I remember that movie:

A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
I remember that movie:

A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

Yes!
Brilliant, that was.
The only time I ever recall pausing a film to read the credits.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
-->
Watched Se7en last night. It was a good movie with a dark, depression and pessimistic atmosphere, just what I wanted. The philosophy on morality was weak if you're interested in philosophy and have put adequate thought into the subject. I felt that the ending in general was a bit weak, possibly because of the relentless build up.

Watched The Game last night. It was a lot of action and Se stuff. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot, however it did occur to me that the movie was going to come to an end, 20 mins or so to the ending, and at that point I knew that it was going to be more or less a sort of empty ending, because the movie's twists and turns pretty much made certain endings impossible and this kept going n until I realized that a satisfying ending probably want going to be reached.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Watched Maggie tonight. It was kind of interesting... ALMOST too slow in spots, but other times the slow pace seems more introspective and thoughtful and worked very well.

Kind of a heartbreaker (you know how it has to end), it's essentially a zombie movie with arthouse leanings in the music and the visual style. It follows the story of a girl who is zombifying and her relationship with her father, who is played by Arnold Swarzenegger. They took a lesson here from the Keanu Reeves' vehicle "John Wick" -- where dialogue is concerned, less is more, because both Keanu and Arnold tend to deep-six a script if they have to talk too much. Accordingly, there's only 2-3 clumsy bits by Arnold here, and they all involve him having to deliver more than one short sentence at a time. Otherwise, when all he's doing is offering facial expressions, the directing is smart enough to shoot him in ways that lift what little natural performance he has to offer. This is easily Arnold's most introspective and pensive role, and while he's the weakest member of the cast in some respects, the movie itself lifts his performance a bit.

... and of course Abigail Breslin, who does a really nice job with her role as a girl who is changing day by day, and both has to hold things together and be strong, while also being terrified and just wanting someone to lean on. She's easily the most talented actor in the movie (and one of the few things M. Night Shyamalan did right -- her first role, at age 5, was in Signs). The movie highlights how isolating a disease like this would be, especially when it juxtaposes the love a family has for one of its members with the reality that the loved one is eventually a threat... and this is played out in various examples in the movie.

I think the rural/small-town setting also allowed the movie to exist; in a big city, the cops would just throw all the infected in a prison and let them wipe each other out. Here, that "small town" feel ends up respecting the individual ... and the wide spaces between homes allows for the possibility of privacy as well as reducing the threat of a zombie explosion in an urban setting. So the town cops are more lenient in allowing families to look after their loved ones... but only up to a certain degree.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
The Heat, with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. It really should not have been as great as it was, but I laughed out loud throughout the movie. Bullock and McCarthy just had really good rapport and played their "types" well, and while McCarthy tends to play the same kind of character in all her movies, here it worked. [I can't get through "Tammy" but here it was comedy gold.]

Reminded me a bit of The Other Guys, but this movie was a bit more solid/focused.

Anyway, it was nice to go into a comedy with low expectations and end up finding it very enjoyable.

Mad Max: Fury Road. Holy fuck! Okay, I wasn't really surprised by anything, it was exactly what I had expected, but it was also exactly what I wanted to see. ROFL! So crazy! Art design / style was just great... and then we even get a heavy-metal guitarist ripping riffs mounted on a truck during the chase sequences! It was so extreme, so over the top, so just completely insane... and just so cool.

A summer blockbuster right there. Just non-stop. Sometimes you just have to watch something that cuts loose without apology, and that was it. It helped too to have three accomplished actors (Hardy, Theron, and Hoult) and solid secondaries in place, to elevate the story another notch. It was just pretty cool and lots of fun while also wrestling with some harsh realities of that post-apocalyptic world. It was interesting that there was some thoughtfulness to the story beyond just the set pieces.

Local time
Today 10:42 AM
-->
I saw both The Heat and Tammy. I'm really not a fan of Melissa McCarthy, but I thought they were both humorous to an extent. I think The Heat was funnier, though. Tammy was more of a dramedy for me. Sandra Oh and Kathy Bates did a really good job as the lesbian couple and Susan Sarandon played the alcoholic mother to a tee. It hit home a little too hard.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
Survive Style 5+

Watch this movie.
I don't care what you are doing right now, watch it.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Today 6:42 PM
-->
Jenny just got the 1000th post!

I think that means she gets a prize.

Congrats to Jenny! It's cool to see this thread still going, and the forum for that matter.

I last watched Coherence (2013), which was interesting but I think I expected something more from it (like the wonderful The Exterminating Angel (1962)). I came across it by looking for films similar to The Man from Earth (2007), which I think is a real INTP treat. I'd love to see more sci-fi films of this vein - so, so believable. I got see Interstellar (2014) at IMAX Melbourne a few weeks ago, which was also fantastic. Quite late to the Interstellar party I know, but I'm happy nonetheless.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I wish some stuff in Interstellar would have been tightened up some, but it's like how I feel about Cloud Atlas: Kind of messy in spots, but transcendent.

It's the same feeling I get when I watch the Cosmos reboot. The universe is big and beautiful.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Watched Tusk last night. Lol, wow! If you're into body transformation horror, well... there ya go. And you also get to see Justin Long break stereotype by acting like a prick for awhile, and a grown-up Haley Joel Osmant. Michael Parks (as typical) is excellent as the eccentric old man who drives the plot. And then of course there's the "hidden guest star" who most of you might have heard about by now...

The movie does raise interesting questions as to how much of who and what we are is driven by the constraints of the body and world we exist in.

Bonus trivia: My favorite "body transformation horror" movie is likely to be the 80's remake of "The Fly," with Jeff Goldblum as the scientist. Damn. THat movie still stuns me as much as the first time I saw it.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
In & Out, which happened to be on HBO this morning and so I finally just watched it. Kevin Kline plays a high school teacher in the US small-town midwest who is nationally outed in an Oscar award-winner acceptance speech as gay... except he's not gay and is even supposed to be married in a few days.

I wasn't really sure where this was going. The movie takes an interesting turn in the middle, and then I was glad the very ending seems like it's going one place but goes another instead. The climax of the plot itself is a bit heavy-handed.... but then again, this was a big deal, it was USA 1997 when gay marriage was still being shot down regularly and this kind of thinking was different at the time.

Joan Cusack (John Cusack's sister) snagged an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress -- in a comedic role nonetheless. [Weird trivia: Kevin Kline actually did manage to get a Best Supporting Actor win ten years before in A Fish Called Wanda, in a comedy role... and the Oscar that appears in the movie as a prop is Kevin Kline's actual Oscar.] You just don't see many comedic performances bring in a lot of awards like that, considering how dramatic roles seem to be taken more seriously. Cusack has always been great at shifting gears and acting in somewhat absurd/quirky ways while still coming across as believable. Here she transitions moods fluidly a number of times, she makes it look easy.

This movie also has Lauren Ambrose (who later became famous as Claire in HBO's "Six Feet Under") in her first substantial acting role; she looks so young here. And Tom Selleck, sans mustache.

Overall, the movie's just "so so" -- interesting more in a reflection of the time period it came out -- although Cusack's ongoing meltdown in the church->bar->road is pretty hilarious, and Kline does an amusing dance bit in the middle.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 2:42 AM
-->
I just saw the Exorcist for the first time. It was not what I expected.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
The Theory of Everything.

Redmayne and Jones did such a great job, and it was nice to see Thewlis and Watson show up... and even the guy who played Vanerys on "Game of Throne" -- it took me a minute or two to place him due to the change in appearance.

Every biopic like this is less a literal retelling and more trying to compact the overall human narrative into 90-120 minutes. From what I've read outside the movie, the events are (big picture wise) true to form and capture the personalities accurately. I think it's a great example of realistic marriage when beset by large stresses, rather than some idealistic "stick together through thick and thin" or "everything is hunky-dory".

Jane's comments on the movie was that it didn't really capture the difficulty they faced in his self-care all those years, and as a parent of a special-needs child I can attest to that. It wasn't even anything close to the difficulty I imagine for them, but like the scene where he starts choking, and she promptly just takes their daughter off his lap and knows exactly what to do while even his own PARENTS sit there confused and a bit helpless... it's moments like that when you realize that you live in a different world from other "typical" families, as stuff that seems confusing and even unsettling to them is stuff you've learned to deal with by routine.

In any case, even the strongest marriage would have difficulty in this situation, and while I've seen some comments from people judging either of them, one can't really pass judgment on their situation, except possibly by the "big picture" outcome which is that while Jane fell in love with someone else, she remained simply a platonic friend with him for years; they had a non-contentious split when Stephen finally decided he wanted to be with his nurse Elaine, with a long period of separation; and they are still close friends now with them both moved on and see each other regularly and worked on the revision of Jane's biography together, for example. Even when you are no longer together, the things that you both experienced and learned in the relationship, the things that you produced together, the commitment you both did possess through difficult times, the children you raised... all of that remains. (I guess I speak from experience here.)

Despite the movie being about Stephen, there really wasn't a hardcore focus on physics, it focused more on his and his family's personal life to be honest.

i think what always leaped out at me about Hawking was his sense of humor. Very very smart, very sardonic, always "playing". For a man who has become in many ways a prisoner inside his own body while leaving his mind untouched, that says much about him as a person.

(Oh, and along with Harry Lloyd who played Vanerys in GoT, I noticed that the actress playing one of Hawking's sisters plays Myranda on GoT this past season -- Ramsay's "girl on the side.")

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
ex machina mmmm becuz i liked the background, the hipsterish structure of the building, its geographic placement, i will pump the note for this one. You knew how it was going to end from almost its beggining, or at least contemplate the possibilty. The beard the masterbrain had was upsetting, i liked the asian the girl each time she bent to serve the tea and stuff.
I also liked the robot, such a shame they didn't show us how they have sex. perhaps its sequel, she living among us, trying to understand politics and dealing with reptilians.
Ex reptilians
6/10

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
haven't seen it yet but, jurassic park trailer is hilarious, when the guy says: "it kills for pleasure" c'mon, they created a Psycopathsaurus hahahah

akward silence.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
American Psycho. It's essentially about an ENTJ businessman with a bloodlust. He kills multiple people, from a businessman with a better business card than his, to a homeless man, to an elderly lady. It's actually pretty interesting, and it can be considered a good comedy. It also has a lot of 80s era music, including Hip to Be Square. If you're adverse to blood or sex, don't watch it.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Cruel Intentions.

Sarah Michelle Gellar plays the perfect bitch.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
haven't seen it yet but, jurassic park trailer is hilarious, when the guy says: "it kills for pleasure" c'mon, they created a Psycopathsaurus hahahah

akward silence.

A meat-eating dinosaur -- whatever will filmmakers think of next?

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
American Psycho. It's essentially about an ENTJ businessman with a bloodlust. He kills multiple people, from a businessman with a better business card than his, to a homeless man, to an elderly lady. It's actually pretty interesting, and it can be considered a good comedy. It also has a lot of 80s era music, including Hip to Be Square. If you're adverse to blood or sex, don't watch it.

I'm starting a thread about this.

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Mad Max Fury Road

Probably somewhat obvious that I'm a Mad Max fan, since I've been sporting his car as my avatar here for the past 4 years.

Film was written, directed, and produced by George Miller, as were its predecessors. The action in Fury Road is most similar to the 2nd film, "Road Warrior".

The plot. Chase, crash, explode, die. It's Mad Max, nuff said?

The characters. I like Miller's Mad Max characters; twisted dwarves (there's always a twisted dwarf, what's up with that George?), disfigured masked apex bad guys and their motley assortments of henchmen, and other generally outlandish abnormalities. However, there are no digitized "Groots", talking animals, flying Iron Man suits, or other obvious fakeries. All of the characters are very human, very mortal, and very apocalypse believable.

Character development is minimal at best, as it should be. This epitomizes Mad Max; the less you know about the personalities, the better. Max himself has been a man of very few words since the psyche-scarring events in the first film, and this continues in FR. You can't help but like him though...no Marvel-esque cute-cocky one liners, no brazen attitude, never the mere suggestion that he's bigger than life or somehow invincible. He isn't showcased at all, and in fact, for most of the film he's portrayed as pretty weak. For example, he only wields a gun in one scene, and its single shell ends up being a dud.

The FX. All the vehicle stunts were practical (real), and they are amazing; probably the best I've seen (and I've seen 'em all). CG is pretty minimal. I noticed flames, skies, long shots of the Citadel, some enhanced cliffs in the canyon scenes, the toxic storm, and Furiosa's cybernetic arm. I liked that the CG was limited to enhancements of real action, for example, the very real vehicles traveling through the toxic storm.

The vehicles. Vehicles are simply spectacular. Totally over the top, yet still somehow...recognizable as real world machines. The artistry and imagination that went into the creation of these rigs is top notch. Attention to detail is just stunning. All vehicles fit both the personalities of their associated characters and the dusty post-apocalyptic environments. My favorite was the "Gigahorse", a bizarre Siamese Twin Cadillac monster truck thing. Also loved the spiky porcupine VW bugs.

I thoroughly enjoyed Fury Road. Granted, I'm a fan of the genre. Advice, don't go expecting deep. Go expecting a visual spectacle that will leave you exhausted at the end. And definitely watch it in a theater with a bad-ass sound system.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
^^ It was awesome. :) Everything you said.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:42 PM
-->
Just watched San Andreas with a couple of bros because it's not hardcore enough that all of us are living near an active fault:p

Anyways, the science is relatively decent (for a movie) and the action sequences are entertaining. If you don't want to think too much and want some cheap thrills then it's an okay disaster movie.

After the movie, I jokingly said that I need to brush up on earthquake survival skills or I'll die in the first three minutes of a quake.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Got "Into the Woods" on FIOS rental cheap, so...

Despite my musical background, I'd never read about or seen/heard that musical before (now translated into movie form in 2014).

The movie itself, I had a mixed reaction to. Not sure how well it worked in movie form per se. The show is broken into two acts, which works better -- the movie itself feels like it's in two pieces that they tried to weld together.

I mainly admired the music, which has some really impressive/amusing lyrics at spots and manages to create a tapestry of sound (which is kind of the point -- it's like a "spell being woven"), without being one of those cookie-cutter peddled-to-your-five-year-old Frozen soundtracks... although the show came out in 1987, so that makes sense. I appreciated the inherent dissonance that turns familiar sounds into something a little off the beaten path.

Most of the cast was decent. Anna Kendrick shoots herself in the foot because she's actually done shows before (she's got a Tony Best Actress nom under her belt) and makes it sound too easy. But the most interesting performances were Johnny Depp as the Wolf -- his spotlight number makes your skin crawl, he's talking about eating Red Riding Hood as he stalks her but it comes off as something else entirely, and the way he shapes his voice adds even more grit to that -- and Emily Blunt, who I think surprised everyone out of the gate. Everyone knew Kendrick could carry her role and voice easily; and Streep is typically good in anything she does; but Blunt was the surprise. Her voice was actually quite decent, and the acting she brought to the role pushes it over the edge into something special beyond the other performances.

(On the other hand, Chris Pine purposefully does his "Kirk" impression at various times in this movie as a form of parody, and it didn't really work from my perspective. His Prince Charming is pretty shady too, though not in quite the same way as the Wolf.)

The movie itself is interesting in spots even if it seems to wander a lot, but maybe that's the point? "Into the Woods" is really more a metaphor about life in general, and you don't grow or change unless you're willing to brave the woods versus settling for a nice little provincial life in town. Every time a character goes into the woods, something happens that challenges them and forces a repositioning of perspective. By the end, there are no conventional "endings" -- some characters are snuffed out through happenstance, others find themselves bound together in unexpected ways. Not sure I could sit through it again, but it was nice to see something a little different.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
how is this something i should answer :confused:

I dunno. This thread is for discussing movies, honestly.

Arthouse description: "Jurassic World: A dark exploration of what it means to be human, when you are trapped within the body of a 50 ton genetically modified claw-handed vengeful SOB meatasaurusy exhibitionist preening for the camera."

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
TMB was discussing movies tho

feeling like a school yard, whatever i'm not yer momma

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Looking back, I was originally was making a joke to go along with the joke you seemed to be making. So I'm not sure what your point was (Picking a fight? Clarifying something? Grousing?), but... sure, whatever. Let's move on.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I recently saw Jurassic World. It was pretty good. However, they killed off my one of my favorite characters, the one dude who's all concerned about the human moral aspect of the dinosaur's creation (the character they repeat for every movie). What an INFP. I've noticed that in every Jurassic Park movie the people who run the park are both stupid and antagonists. They're not even doing the science right. Some of it seemed cliche, looking back on it. If you want action, go ahead and watch it. Also it had a good representation of parts of the military, in my opinion. Obsessed with using the technology wrong and ignoring the science.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Horns - 8/10

I was pretty damn surprised with this one. really liked it until the end, which was possibly the worst part of the entire film. i felt related to the main character in a way for the guilt potter holds, he's always: I did not kill her, or did i? Big question my friend.
All the black humour jokes were quite good for me, the visuals were good too but given my Ni dom traits i could figure out the ending way before it happened. xd

Spirited Spiral

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
-->
George Lucas knows something more than the rest of us. The vehicles do not land but hover over the ground: anti gravity force demonstrated comprehensively by John Hutchison in the 70s but it has not seen the light of day like the free electricity promise of Nikola Tesla. Then Lucas shows all sorts of manouevres with these vehicles going vertically down. Especially see Star Wars I, II and III which were made much after IV, V & VI: the wizardry of space ships pirouetting in the sky is mindblowing. Then the Death Star he shows resembles Mimas, a satellite of Saturn. Are there men on the moon, and mars and other satellites of the gaseous planets?

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Confessions.
it is basically about a teacher who takes revenge over her pupils because two of them killed her daughter. no spoiler, this happens at the begining lol.
the whole thing is about the typical victim-punisher, good or bad?, no one is born bad apparently.
i thought that the plot was kinda forced, there are some surreal scenes, call them incidents. some of the character reactions are quite weird, you don't know if because of bad acting or the level of influence anime has on their cinematographic industrie, lol. so you'll probably get this meh face once a while.
but overall the drama was good. liked it. 7/10

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
"The Conspiracy".

A Blair-witch project/ Paranormal activity type movie, but with an illuminati/secret society twist. At least, it was able to have me sitting in front of a television for more than 5 minutes.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:42 PM
-->
'The Flowers of War' 2011

The plot is rooted in a diary of a American missionary during the Japanese conquest of Nanjing, during WWII/the 2nd Sino-Japanese War. Yes, it is a Chinese film; the best one I've seen so far personally. I think the setting would be best conjured if you think "Rape of Nanjing".

There's a lot of historical insights within the movie that are interesting to witness, as well as a realist take between the relationships between the main protagonists. The length is 146 minutes and has Christian Bale in it. The first segment's a bit over the top, but once you get pass it the movie is becomes enjoyable.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
my blueberry nights

i enjoyed it

types:

norah jones: INFP
judd law: ENTP
alcoholic: ISTP
his wife: ESFP
natalie portman: ESFP

a certified J-free movie. except the bartender now that i think of it. he was ISFJ. but he was a very small role.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Fantastic Four.
...should be retitled "Mehtastic Four."

Some interesting seeds were planted here and there, but don't ask me what grew out of them, between Trank's issues with the studio and the studio's meddling with the film. The whole second half of the movie was a total editing/pacing nightmare, I'm not sure what the hell anyone was thinking.

(I will give kudos though to almost having teens destroy the world by taking the dimensional hopper out on a rebellious 3am drunken spree. That scene was like the unholy love child of Project X + Weird Science.)

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I heard the new Fantastic Four was the worst one yet.

Last movie I remember seeing was Ant-Man. I expected it to be kind of awkward and weird, but it ended up being hilarious. Although I can see why it would be kind of disappointing for die-hard Stan Lee fans, because it was different from most Avengers-type movies. I still liked it.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I heard the new Fantastic Four was the worst one yet.

I don't think that appellation is necessarily deserved -- it's obvious from seeing the footage that Trank knows how to put together a movie -- but it looks like the studio and Trank were playing tug of war the entire time and what happened was neither vision came to pass, the movie has obvious large rips in the fabric of the plot and characterization and it's a mess where they tried to cobble disparate pieces together. Even casting was a mess, they fought over who would be in the movie.

Last movie I remember seeing was Ant-Man. I expected it to be kind of awkward and weird, but it ended up being hilarious. Although I can see why it would be kind of disappointing for die-hard Stan Lee fans, because it was different from most Avengers-type movies. I still liked it.
yeah, that one looked like it might have worked, I want to see it at some point.

Top Bottom