• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:57 AM
-->
Hello,

Do you ever feel lonely, even in a crowd? Looking for another NP as a friend &/or mate.

kimboli

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:57 PM
-->
Yes all the time! I haven't even met another INTP.

BUt then it's very hard to talk to an INTP, I would have to iniciate the conversation since I'm more outgoing then most. Also i'm not as smart as most INTP'S so my icebreakers would probably be seen as lame dumb small talk! which i then would be ignored!

Nightingale

Local time
Yesterday 9:57 PM
-->
I think being alone makes me even more rigid and unable to bond properly. I've known plenty of NPs but it doesn't mitigate my sense of being an outsider.

Yes all the time! I haven't even met another INTP.

BUt then it's very hard to talk to an INTP, I would have to iniciate the conversation since I'm more outgoing then most. Also i'm not as smart as most INTP'S so my icebreakers would probably be seen as lame dumb small talk! which i then would be ignored!

I bet you are smart and just very nice and modest as well. :)

I can identify with coming across as dumb when it comes to small talk. In person I tend to be unwilling to talk about anything that is truly important to me. I suppose people probably aren't as judgmental as I fear they are, but .... still.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I'm usually lonely as well, with the exception of my sister. I think she's an NP. She's my only long term friend and it makes me wonder what I'll do with myself when I have to leave for college.

I'm with Kimboli in thinking I'd have a hard time talking to an INTP because I'd have a hard time getting through to the real person inside and from what I've seen on this forum, I'm not all that brilliant in comparison to a typical INTP. Or at least the wealth of knowledge I have is not very tangible.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 10:57 PM
-->
Come on guys, if you can follow an argument, you can deal with other INTPs. It's not the detailed knowledge what counts the most, but the interest and the willingness to be logical.

Plus we're usually so starved for company that discovering each other can't be anything but thrilling.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am extremely outgoing to the point of spooking all Horsemen (ESFJ). These Irrationals (SF) are dangerous.

The other Guardians (SJ) call it insolence, 'you worshipful shit, sir'.

didyouknow

Local time
Today 2:57 PM
-->
I agree. It takes literally years for me to get to know someone enough to even give them my email. I think I know an INTP but I'm not friends with him...

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Me too. It usually takes me at least a couple years for me to be comfortable hanging out with someone outside of school, let alone be close with them. And there's never time for that because either they move away or I do before that happens.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 5:57 PM
-->
Plus we're usually so starved for company that discovering each other can't be anything but thrilling.

Exactly. Look how we carry on here.

Bloodlust, torture... hugging. I mean hugging!! Really!

In off-line life we repress emotions precisely because they are potentially so overwhelmingly strong it feels like the world could end...

and look what happens when the forum disappears for a few days. We're bereft!

So. The topic was 'lonely'.

Would any of us be here if we weren't?

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Aww, it's alright Noddy. The voices hate all of us sometimes. Why not let them out to play?
(bin the lighters first, I don't know how flammable your sewer is)

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Aww, it's alright Noddy. The voices hate all of us sometimes. Why not let them out to play?
(bin the lighters first, I don't know how flammable your sewer is)

You need sewer plugs

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 5:57 AM
-->
It's rare that I am lonely. Actually, I've become more and more introverted lately. I've been thinking about building a house in the forest where I'm hard to reach. That way I can finally be able to relax. Maybe that's because I'm surrounded by people that don't really get me. And people who are a little too much F. That can be tiring. But I really want to meet another INTP sometime.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's rare that I am lonely. Actually, I've become more and more introverted lately. I've been thinking about building a house in the forest where I'm hard to reach. That way I can finally be able to relax. Maybe that's because I'm surrounded by people that don't really get me. And people who are a little too much F. That can be tiring. But I really want to meet another INTP sometime.

The Queen of Spades is an Artisan. The Queen of Diamonds is a Rational.

Nightingale

Local time
-->

In this sense of the word, I am not lonely, either. I do generally prefer to be alone. However, I get some satisfaction from knowing that there are other people similar to me, with whom I can talk if I choose.

Zezon Vice

Local time
-->
Its kind of confusing for me because im lonely but cant stand being around people. I honestly dont want to see my friends anymore and they are so used to me branching off they dont care and assume its normal. Something else for me to be conflicted about.

Nightingale

Local time
-->
I honestly dont want to see my friends anymore and they are so used to me branching off they dont care and assume its normal.

It's cool that they still want to be friends. I had a friend like that in town, who was very understanding of the fact that I didn't want to hang out much.

Of course, eventually I decided I didn't want to hang out at all. :o

Fordy

Local time
-->
I get lonely but I also get over it. As long as I have at least one good friend I could survive. I seem to be losing friends faster than I'm making them, and sometimes I do crave for some more company.

I don't think I've ever met another INTP. I'd love too though, there are few people I can really connect well with and open up too.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
Today 12:57 AM
-->
_________

At the moment I'm in the process of losing three close friends (which leaves...3? 4? left). It's hard and leaves me questioning a lot about what our friendship really was, but. . .it's something I have to endure. And I'm okay with that.

It's unrealistic to think that everyone you're close to now will still be close in, say, 5 years. I mean, people drift away and you end up filling in the space with new additions. That's just the way it is. Personally, I accept that as a natural pattern, and enjoy what I can learn and experience with the friends I have now.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Yesterday 11:57 PM
-->
Friends are like scented candles. They make your life a little better for a while, maybe help light your way, but eventually they either fizzle out or you have to snuff them out and get on with things.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
If you're lonely, you probably deserve it.....

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
...or you have to snuff them out and get on with things.
I hope you don't mean that literally. You'd get caught if a trail of your ex-friends started dying. too easy to trace.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Yesterday 11:57 PM
-->
Well that's the beauty of it. I tend to enrage people to the point of violent behavior. They attack me, I kill them. One after another. The police just figure I'm an asshole killing off his enraged friends in self defense.

Are you my friend?

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Not even nearly. I hate your guts.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
DON'T YOU PEOPLE EVEN LISTEN TO TALLULAH?

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
Tallulah sounds like a fairy/princess/unicorn name to me.
Ooh, Melkor, I didn't know you were like that...

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Tallulah sounds like a fairy/princess/unicorn name to me.
Ooh, Melkor, I didn't know you were like that...

Fairy INFP, Princess ENFP*, Unicorn ESFJ variant

*not always ???

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
The more pressing question is, Why are we fairies? I'm an Angel personally. What's an Angel then Perseus?

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
I thought you were INTP? He says INFP's are fairies.
Personally I think we should be some type of dinosaur. That would be pretty neat. Minus the whole "extinct" thing (but that's a minor detail.)

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Oh, my brain's shut off...... I thought the F was a T.

We want to be the ones that are smaller than T rex's (So we can get into small holes) but are still very dangerous.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Lonelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you don't have to be LONELYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh nevermind....

-drinks some more ale and collapses-

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
No, they're INTP.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Why is the ENFP a princess?

Just is. It is the Andromeda game. Mother is a Queen of Hearts, Queen Bee, bringing up the Princess, lamp in Father's eye (if he is still around).

Mother is an Artisan, I think a Bear (ISTP). Very common.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I thought you were INTP? He says INFP's are fairies.
Personally I think we should be some type of dinosaur. That would be pretty neat. Minus the whole "extinct" thing (but that's a minor detail.)

Dinosaurs are in the XNTP school. I am all confused. I had a baby Dinosaur in my dream. Lizards (Saurus) are ENTP variants nearer XNTP. It is all very tricky, these allocations on the scale without a chart to guide you through the jungle.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Angel = INTP
Look at me for case example A.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am an Angel. Have you heard the poltergeists sing?

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
*Hits Noddy*

Nope, I haven't heard the Poltergeists singing.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
-runs in and starts dancing, only no-one is looking-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom