• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

MIXTAPING!

Local time
Today 9:01 AM
-->
i have begun, i reckon it is a good thread idea

so...

Vegard Pompey

Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
How is this gonna work? The method I've seen used on other forums is that people apply, and then get randomly assigned someone to do a mixtape for.

Local time
-->
i don't know :confused:

maybe a certain theme (space, melancholy?)

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Well, so I created a mixtape with the title All That Surrounds: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2eeizujdzn/All That Surrounds [Mixtape].zip
It contains about one hour of Post-Rock/Shoegaze.

Tags are a bitch so make sure you listen to it in the following order:
1.A.C.T. Intro
2.Mutyumu - Prayer
3.Slaraffenland - Open Your Eyes
4.Flying Saucer Attack - In The Light Of Time
5.toe - that song
6.Long Distance Calling - Black Paper Planes
7.Jaga Jazzist - Oslo Skyline
8.Yndi Halda - We Flood Empty Lakes
9.Mouse On The Keys - Completed Nihilism

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
I'd be willing to do some mixtaping in 3 weeks, when I finally return to the present.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Yay, I made one too, the theme is Pitched Rollercoaster... If that makes any sense to any of you, here is the link to download it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozyz2mnzmmv

Please listen ~

This one has a nice flow and nice transitions. However, the songs were of varying quality and sometimes it felt like it dragged on. Loved that outro and that song with the ridiculously sweet voice.

Also, here is my new (Alternative-)Rock mixtape; only killers, no fillers: Waves Of Thought

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmn4yziu2ne

It is of great importance that you you listen to it in the correct order:
The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Intro
The Protomen - The Will Of One
Trail Of Dead - Sunken Dreams
Dredg - Pariah
Mass Of The Fermenting Dregs - Delusionalism
The Butterfly Effect - Worlds On Fire
Aereogramme - Nightmares
Thrice - Night Diving
Karnivool - Change
Deer Hunter - Tape Hiss Orchid

JUN

Watching the Watchers
Local time
-->
This one has a nice flow and nice transitions. However, the songs were of varying quality and sometimes it felt like it dragged on. Loved that outro and that song with the ridiculously sweet voice.

Also, here is my new (Alternative-)Rock mixtape; only killers, no fillers: Waves Of Thought

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmn4yziu2ne

It is of great importance that you you listen to it in the correct order:
The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Intro
The Protomen - The Will Of One
Trail Of Dead - Sunken Dreams
Dredg - Pariah
Mass Of The Fermenting Dregs - Delusionalism
The Butterfly Effect - Worlds On Fire
Aereogramme - Nightmares
Thrice - Night Diving
Karnivool - Change
Deer Hunter - Tape Hiss Orchid

Hm, yes, I have to admit, I too feel like it sort of drags on sometimes. But I don't really listen to these songs attentively, I like the combination they make because they all have a similar mood, despite their technical differences. After I listen to your Mixtape I shall post ~

And about the first you posted, it's very very well put together and really worth a listen if you like post-rock etc.

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
Well, I made a psych rock mixtape. It's called Pieces of Bone.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4ukpkshud6ca5c

Track listing:

1. Morgen - "Welcome to the Void" (4:49)
2. High Tide - "Walking Down Their Outlook" (5:00)
3. Country Joe & the Fish - "Porpoise Mouth" (2:51)
4. The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - "Shifting Sands" (3:55)
5. Writing on the Wall - "Shadow of Man" (6:30)
6. The Nice - "Rondo" (8:23)
7. Godz - "Ruby Red" (2:26)
8. Gong - "Rational Anthem" (3:44)
9. Mad River - "Eastern Light" (8:10)

I tried to keep the volume level somewhat consistent and left out some stuff with drastically different production (13th Floor Elevators and Group 1850, among others) still, you may need to turn up the volume a little for the last two songs.

Wish

Wellington
Local time
Today 3:01 AM
-->
So I made one. Not sure what the theme is, but it features piano and strings and electronic things.

Permanent Yesterday

Worrytrain - Celestial Police
sgt. - Kalliope
Kashiwa Daisuke (DJ Olive Oil Remix) - April.#02
Hauschka - Freibad
Yasushi Yoshida - Permanent Yesterday
Raujika - Silent Influence
Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
-->
Oh my goodness, yay! (:

I really enjoy making mix tapes.
I will work on this diligently. For
you ooooo

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
I'm making mixtapes now as well.

Incredible how much fun it is. I especially enjoy designing album covers, and then handing it to friends and stuff. Absolutely great.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:01 AM
-->
Sun stoner (1hr 3min, 9 tracks)

tags: hard rock, sunshine, cruising, psychedelic, instrumental

Chill hop
(1hr 3min, 15 tracks)

tags: chill, relax, hip hop, '90s east coast(U.S.), flow, introspective

Holy Sabbath (1hr 7min, 10 tracks)

tags: Black Sabbath tribute, doom metal, stoner rock, bluesy, sluggish, fear/loathing

The Meowtrix-Za Boha

INTP Supreme Dictator
Local time
-->
I love making mix tapes, but I use real tapes!:smoker: Unfortunately, that means that I can't share them here, but they ten to be rock & metal from the 60s, 70s, and 80s (Judas Priest, ADX, David Bowie), jazz from all over (Postmodern Jukebox, Musik for the Kitchen), and whatever oddball stuff I can find (Kraftwerk, Cordis, Butt Drugs [real store]). I'm really into jazz of all forms, blues, funk, not really 90s or newer styles, though I love Nine Inch Nails (by the way, David Bowie did a song called "I'm afraid of Americans" that really sounds like NIN). I'm currently making a French hard rock/heavy metal mix tape, to try to get fluent in the language, and I love making them for my 1 friend with a tape deck (not many other high schoolers use tapes).
Do you think INTP has much to do with diverse musical tastes? I seem to be a near-pure INTP, so anything about the type fascinates me.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
making mixtapes is such a Si dom thing, it's painful to read about it, i mean, what's the cool thing about listing a bunch of songs that u like?

Nebulous

Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
I love making mix tapes, but I use real tapes!:smoker: Unfortunately, that means that I can't share them here, but they ten to be rock & metal from the 60s, 70s, and 80s (Judas Priest, ADX, David Bowie), jazz from all over (Postmodern Jukebox, Musik for the Kitchen), and whatever oddball stuff I can find (Kraftwerk, Cordis, Butt Drugs [real store]). I'm really into jazz of all forms, blues, funk, not really 90s or newer styles, though I love Nine Inch Nails (by the way, David Bowie did a song called "I'm afraid of Americans" that really sounds like NIN). I'm currently making a French hard rock/heavy metal mix tape, to try to get fluent in the language, and I love making them for my 1 friend with a tape deck (not many other high schoolers use tapes).
Do you think INTP has much to do with diverse musical tastes? I seem to be a near-pure INTP, so anything about the type fascinates me.

MMMM that sounds DELICIOUS. I'd love to check out some of your mixes.
I'm a high schooler with a tape deck. :) don't really have many cassettes though. Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty is my favorite that I have.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 6:01 PM
-->
making mixtapes is such a Si dom thing, it's painful to read about it, i mean, what's the cool thing about listing a bunch of songs that u like?

You don't make them for yourself, you make them for other people. You'll often discover a lot of new music listening to other people's playlists and sharing them with one another, and come across things you find mutually awesome.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
You don't make them for yourself, you make them for other people. You'll often discover a lot of new music listening to other people's playlists and sharing them with one another, and come across things you find mutually awesome.

Uhm I guess. Weird. Never did it. Don't find it appealing.
What I do is go to bandcamp and play unknown music with cool CD covers. Music is not all about the music. We should focus more on the bands and their personality and concept and all that. I can play a playlist on a trip in my car and sure big deal I would enjoy. But there is more. There is an specific aura bouncing off and back in certain cases. That's what I'm looking for.
I'm really against these kind of stoner rock compilation videos. Which I guess is same as mixtaping. If i wanna play a compilation then it has to be one of those chill out beats for studying or smth. Those r cool.
Until then electric light orchestra.
I think nanook once shared his playlist and I liked a couple of songs tho.

@nebulous he is dead already.

Local time
-->
Music is not all about the music. We should focus more on the bands and their personality and concept and all that.

concept yes but personality etc?! *shudders*

music is all about the music for me, idc what the drummer eats for breakfast

Top Bottom