• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What songs are you listening to? /III/

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
Yesterday 10:15 PM
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 1:15 AM
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
-->

aethers

Local time
-->
This pertain to our nobility
#BELIZE #INDEPENDENCIA #ESTELICITY #matagalpa #quebec #Veneto #jinotega #Esteli #madriz #NS #Boaco #Chontales #RSJ #caribe #ARGENTINA #fueraMGA #BRAZIL #NOortegamurillo #NoNicaragua #inequality #Libertarismo #catalonia #brexit #estelixit #NAZIGuatemala

eAIM5erb

aethers

Local time
-->
#BELIZE #INDEPENDENCIA #ESTELICITY #matagalpa #quebec #Veneto #jinotega #Esteli #madriz #NS #Boaco #Chontales #RSJ #caribe #ARGENTINA #fueraMGA #BRAZIL #NOortegamurillo #NoNicaragua #inequality #Libertarismo #catalonia #brexit #estelixit #NAZIGuatemala

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
-->

aethers

Local time
-->

Colombia is Nicaragua’s neighbors and there have been some territorial disputes. Although Nicaragua did up come up with a a really catchy song called COLOMBIA ROCK. (GET ME LAID).

Mexicans sometimes think they are Colombians when in Fact Nicaraguans are likey the real COLOMBIANS (let’s have sex) shhhhh.We are just right of Colombia. Take us.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Jethro Tull, the Zealot Gene:

Old Things

I am unworthy of His grace
Local time
Today 12:15 AM
-->

Old Things

Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

I love to turn up the volume on this when road traveling.

War is also a good road trip favorite:

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 6:15 AM
-->
I'm discovering Kate Bush for the first time at the moment. I've listened to a lot of her albums the last week and The Dreaming stands out as her most bold, visionary and experimental.

Easily one of the best prog album of the 1980s I've listened to:

Old Things

Local time
-->
Fell in love with this song some time ago. Really good theology in it.

Love the bass line at 2:40-3:30.

Old Things

Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Old Things

Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Old Things

Local time
-->
Pretty good stuff here. I thought about adding this to the current Metal thread, but I don't really have a story for this song besides thinking the falsetto in this song is really good.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
Welcome back crippling depression and anxiety. You've been gone a long time. Almost thought you'd never come back again. Hope you don't stick around too long this time. As much fun as it can be to wallow in your misery, I kind of like it better when you're gone.

drinking-scaled-e1619651286314.jpg

Old Things

Local time
-->
Welcome back crippling depression and anxiety. You've been gone a long time. Almost thought you'd never come back again. Hope you don't stick around too long this time. As much fun as it can be to wallow in your misery, I kind of like it better when you're gone.

FWIW, I can identify with crippling depression. I struggle with that sometimes. Often times it seems to come out of nowhere. It makes me want to retreat to my bed.

Apart from that conversation, I debated with myself about whether to share this or not based on how it would be received as hokey or cheesy, but I decided to just post it and not care what other people think of my music tastes.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Remember that everyone is a little sad right now, and partly the energy of recent news.
Know its temporary, I'm feeling it too.

Anyway, I'm distracting myself by learning new things on Great Courses Birdwatching class. I'm learning about these digiscopes that you can attach your cell phone camera to and take photos of birds.

Maybe go outside and lay on a park lawn somewhere just to get outside. Feel better.

Lesson, if you don't want to bend and crouch down low which you have to do with a digiscope, just stick with a DSLR camera with a zoom lens or a 200mm lens.

1663626809434.png

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
This band is going to release music for the first time in 10 years. I am thrilled. Do give it a chance. This isn't their new stuff. I've just been listening to this for the past decade or so and I'm not done with it.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 6:15 AM
-->
I just recently discovered CIRRUS.

Currently listening to back on Mission The Whole album is named after first song, Back On Mission.

Strangely good lyrics and melodies.

Aesop Rock, None Shall Pass

Crystal Method.

Born too Slow

Zager Evans 2525 Got to admit its a pretty depressing and sad song.
Kind of fear the future might become something like that.

Old Things

Local time
-->
It feels like the lead vocalist is going to totally botch it at one point, but they had it the entire time.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
A few jingles:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:15 PM
-->
Listening to music is a leisure to me. It enhances my life and I've always gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it but I'm unsure if it's really changed me much as a person. It feels more like as my character has developed my taste in music has also broadened and changed to reflect that. The exception to this I'd make is participating in music, which I feel has been and still is changing me in a healthy way.

This is the only album that springs to me that I feel listening to had a genuine affect on changing my life. When I first listened to it 12 years ago it felt like complete trash. But as I'd already bought it I thought I should make the most of the purchase. It was around about the 5th or 6th listen that it all fell into place to me and revealed this alien landscape with its own eccentric language that I just intuitively understood and felt at home with.

There was something about having this album that only I (in the context of people I knew at the time) could see beauty in that really spoke to me and how deeply alienated I felt at the time. People in my Christian community of the time judged it as "demon possessed", which to me felt like they were calling me "demon possessed" and asking I suppress my natural evil preferences. It played a big part in me eventually leaving the religion, which was a major developmental catalyst.

These days I don't really get the alienation vibe listening to it. It more reminds me of the importance of playing your own tune without fear of rejection or how it might sound to others. It's still in my top 10 list 12 years later.

Necroing an old post but that music reminds me of Korean traditional music (pansori to be exact).

I think it's kind of sad that some people said it was demon possessed, it seems like the music is more of a naive art kind of expression. Like it's playful but just expressive, like a puppy would be. I think people with arts history education would appreciate something like this.

Oh and here's what pansori is like in case you were wondering:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Some Halloweeny stuff:

Some folks from where I'm from made this, I went to same schools, parties, knew the zombie:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

Old Things

Local time
-->
Been getting into some older stuff lately. Two favorites I have found.

Top Bottom