• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My Experience at the INFJ Forum

TriflinThomas

Bitch, don't kill my vibe...
Local time
Today 3:15 AM
-->
The infj forum is so vapid. There are so many posts, but there's no substance (of course, that's just my opinion)! Have any of you been over to http://www.infjs.com? If so, what do you think about the threads over there?

This one was my favorite. http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22006
Hi guys, this is my first post. I was gonna be a lurker but when I posted this on the INTP forum I was a tad skeptical, INTP's not having much sense of morality and all. I figured I'd come and say hi and get your outake on this:

Scientists have the power to bring back the dead by cryogenically freezing them. Obviously this can be used to save many lives, but how would you consider this moralistically speaking? Is it correct to hold such power and bring back the dead to life? And what do you reckon happens to the spirit, if you do at all believe that a living being has a spirit?
Are INFJs typically so dismissively judgmental?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 4:15 AM
-->
The infj forum is so vapid.

I would use a different term, but that's how it seems to me.

Yeah they're prone to that. Not sure, Fe with a dash of Ti? Anyhow my INFJ is always popping off with conclusions while I'm just getting started.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:15 AM
-->
Taken together, INFJs are rather judgmental because their first judging function, their auxiliary function of extraverted feeling, has a wealth of opinions molded to perceived certainty by their dominant function, introverted intuition. Also, many of those posts are from punk kids. :slashnew:

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 11:15 AM
-->
The infj forum is so vapid. There are so many posts, but there's no substance (of course, that's just my opinion)! Have any of you been over to http://www.infjs.com? If so, what do you think about the threads over there?

This one was my favorite. http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22006

Hahah. That person you quoted is actually from here originally. Didn't you even see her type is listed as INTP? :D

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
Today 6:15 AM
-->
That's rough... And the followup posts weren't all that insightful. Like the statement about how death is the end and we shouldn't fear it because it happens to everyone. By that reasoning, we wouldn't have to fear having our lower bodies fed into a wood chipper if it happened to everyone. Looking around there was somewhat of surprise (though it really shouldn't have been) after spending as long as I have on this forum.

Local time
Today 10:15 AM
-->
I thought the morals thread proved numerically that we were moral. Can we post it on their forum to prove we're moral? They can't argue with our numbers. They're on our side.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:15 AM
-->

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 11:15 AM
-->
My experience at INFJf starts in 2010.

I was initially annoyed by some over sensitive whiny members, reactive moderation, and some stupid opinions.

Regardless of the differences of opinion I find the forum interesting. There's a broad pallet of characters. There are the mystics, the whiners, the supernatural believers, the super logicians, the assholes, the atheists, the christians, the trolls, etc, and this leads to very charged arguments and forum drama, which is admittedly amusing. :D

The people at INFJf are also quite open with talking about their personal matters and sexuality, which is also interesting, but on the flip side it can also cause drama.

Overall, I don't agree that the posts are vapid, not anymore than other personality forums (cept PC, that place is the bottom), there has been sufficiently interesting content to keep my attention.

I think you might be a bit biased and unfair there TriflinThomas, since you seemed to hate the place before even joining.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
@Moocow

Yeah, you're listening to your P-ness. :D

Well I've got to have my translator present...

To address the topic, INFJ forum seems most of all boring. It seems that most of them do not want to make anything more than one or two line replies. It really bothers the crap out of me when all of that forum UI is wasted on people grunting about half-thoughts or hit-and-run posts. To have to scroll down to read 5 more words is ridiculous.

CronusEtzel

Redshirt
Local time
-->
There's always going to be a large perspective barrier between thinkers and feelers no matter what type. Feelers get lost in the distractions of their emotions while thinkers will try and go deeper to the source and Whys? of things, not just speculate over the Hows.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 3:15 AM
-->
I remember that person's thread...

Reading the article, it does not say that scientists have found a way to bring people back from the dead. It says that they've found a way to prolong life through freezing, which would also prolong the time window for medical attention. There're no controversial ethics to discuss.

Not to be rude, but it's like he/she didn't even read the article and only saw the headline...

I thought the morals thread proved numerically that we were moral. Can we post it on their forum to prove we're moral? They can't argue with our numbers. They're on our side.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I've just joined this place to see what it's like, I immediately changed the forum skin to something more similar to dark castle to not feel too homesick.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:15 PM
-->
INFJforum = muir.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
oh right :D so what where they permabanned for?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Fortunately, I have only ever known two INFJs. One was XX, the other XY.

The XX was intolerable. Sunny, yet overly judgemental and hilariously incorrect in her conclusions; the XY tried so desperately to debate using techniques he picked up in university that he ended up simply sounding like a royal idiot, needlessly convoluting straightforward discussions because of his warped sense of logic and desperate need to be right - even if it meant outright refuting facts.

As I say, I only know those two - and the XX was mainly in passing (fortunately) but the XY is perhaps the only person in a very long time to make me 'Jackie Chan / my head is full of fuck'.

The Ni connection can be nice, but dig beneath that and... just no.

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
Fortunately, I have only ever known two INFJs. One was XX, the other XY.

The XX was intolerable. Sunny, yet overly judgemental and hilariously incorrect in her conclusions; the XY tried so desperately to debate using techniques he picked up in university that he ended up simply sounding like a royal idiot, needlessly convoluting straightforward discussions because of his warped sense of logic and desperate need to be right - even if it meant outright refuting facts.

As I say, I only know those two - and the XX was mainly in passing (fortunately) but the XY is perhaps the only person in a very long time to make me 'Jackie Chan / my head is full of fuck'.

The Ni connection can be nice, but dig beneath that and... just no.

INTJs are neat.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I have a bunch of NT pals and I'm sure they don't find me irritating. I'm a social chameleon. So I can't find muir's posts/dumps around. Maybe I will see him at INFJ forum? I will be sure to say hi from you guys :D

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
I have a bunch of NT pals and I'm sure they don't find me irritating. I'm a social chameleon. So I can't find muir's posts/dumps around. Maybe I will see him at INFJ forum? I will be sure to say hi from you guys :D

I enjoy all types. : )

Just like here, there are a plethora of different types to be found on the INFJ Forum. Also, it might be difficult to find his posts because he was permabanned several months ago, so they're a bit buried. There is, however, an... interesting discussion concerning the ban in the Suggestions and Feedback subforum, if you're curious.

This forum is nifty though, I like the atmosphere and the discussions.

Edit: To clarify, Fukyo meant that muir was banned from the INFJ Forum, not from here. I don't believe he's a member here. That's why you can't find his posts. :p

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Yeh yeh I found him over there, it's some conspiracy theory anti jew stuff from the looks of it. Oh, I didn't notice it was you :-)

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
Had a tendency to derail threads a lot too. IDK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was controversial because he'd been a member for a long time, but it happens. C'est la vie.

And yup, it's me. :)

Talking to you on two different forums, lol.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
OMG I passed my 1000th post without realizing :eek:

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
It was the same with my 6,000th post over there. Once I noticed I silently judged myself for the time I've spent on that forum. ;__;

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
You're a faggot.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
^moderators ban plz??

Roses are red
The grass is green
You're the biggest faggot
I've ever seen

~

Time for bed. Need my hektik sleep.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Oh! Oh! Insult me too redbaron plz!

I am never one to turn my nose up at trends

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Seems like a fun and lively place. They hold writing contests, amazing!

Time to remind myself how I don't have time to spend on forums and why am I even writing this?

Love the avatars CC/RB.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
Cryogenic freezing sounds like a great topic for people with the appropriate level of intelligence and adaptability. Folks who cant see without rules may not have the capability to navigate the chaos of the theoretical removal of moral systems in pursuit of understanding.

hush

puppy
Local time
-->

Time to remind myself how I don't have time to spend on forums and why am I even writing this?

It's fun as long as you're not a moderator. :.(

#Regret

And just like any other place, the atmosphere of the forum is ever-changing. This thread, for instance, was started in 2012. That was a cray-cray time over at INFJs. :ahh:

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->

Love the avatars CC/RB.

thx, i have been known to be quite original and creative and its always nice when people acknowledge that side of me

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
Do you happen to have an account over there Blarraun that has no posts, and whose username starts with C and ends with r? :p

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's fun as long as you're not a moderator. :.(
I'm beginning to think along the same lines.
Do you happen to have an account over there Blarraun that has no posts, and whose username starts with C and ends with r? :p
I need to stop doubling those letters, seriously. Or visit via a proxy *mumbles*.

Yes, it is so, oh insightful one.
thx, i have been known to be quite original and creative and its always nice when people acknowledge that side of me
You are incredibly great. Here *boosts and spoils CC's ego some more*.

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
I'm beginning to think along the same lines.

I need to stop doubling those letters, seriously. Or visit via a proxy *mumbles*.

Yes, it is so, oh insightful one.

Ehh, it was primarily just a matter of connecting the dots. I saw that someone with an unfamiliar name had visited my profile, but the bots' usernames that lurk profiles are almost always lowercase, so I was curious and tapped your name. I noticed that your last activity had been viewing the Writing and Languages subforum, recalled that you had mentioned the writing contests here, and noted that you identified as INTP. Despite the fact that you've stated that you've almost completely sworn off MBTI in the witch hunt thread here, I was aware that you identified with the type previously, and that the account was created before the swearing off.

I had no idea who the user would be when I clicked on the name lol, I just noticed tiny bits of info and tentatively connected them together.

You can judge me for being weird. I judge me. :(

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think that account was made around 2014 so I was at the INTP stage allright then.

I knew it was visiting your profile that would've brought it to your attention, but I completely forgot about this (last activity) thing.

Nothing weird about checking a random visitor, maybe tad paranoid :p. I'll try to be more elusive next time around.

hush

puppy
Local time
-->
Yeah, it's a funky little feature the forum has, but if you switch over to invisible mode it won't be visible. :phear:

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah, it's a funky little feature the forum has, but if you switch over to invisible mode it won't be visible. :phear:
Yeah sure, as if mods don't subvert 'invisible' mode settings.

Haha, trying to instill a false sense of security? Not so easy.

Top Bottom