• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Where has everybody gone?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 8:42 PM
-->
I think Christ is more likely to return before Blob does in honesty, you'd be better waiting to ask him.
Ask and ye shall receive. I could ask him but I won't because I'd prefer his opposition to give the okay.

The thing is there was a problem handling him here. I consider that as a challenge. Same with Lyra. What adjustment could be made on our part to give them welcome. I'd like to see that given a try.

Why? What's the motive? Because they (both) are different. Do we want everyone to be alike here? The more I see sameness the less I myself want to make a difference. Boot one guy ... is like killing them. One takes a piece of themselves ... and that is a loss. Boot them and you boot a piece of ourselves. That's what the title of this thread means ... know it or not.

What's the motive behind giving people the boot? Fear. It's fear they will take a piece of us. That fear makes us weaker I say. I could be wrong but I don't believe it.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Ask and ye shall receive. I could ask him but I won't because I'd prefer his opposition to give the okay.

The thing is there was a problem handling him here. I consider that as a challenge. Same with Lyra. What adjustment could be made on our part to give them welcome. I'd like to see that given a try.

Why? What's the motive? Because they (both) are different. Do we want everyone to be alike here? The more I see sameness the less I myself want to make a difference. Boot one guy ... is like killing them. One takes a piece of themselves ... and that is a loss. Boot them and you boot a piece of ourselves. That's what the title of this thread means ... know it or not.

What's the motive behind giving people the boot? Fear. It's fear they will take a piece of us. That fear makes us weaker I say. I could be wrong but I don't believe it.

Blobs are a chorus of (silent?) voices reduced to the same ectoplasm, they have a tendency to absorb others unto itself... the same worldview, the same blob... The problem was more that he couldn't accept diversity in the end, I think. But it's a closed case anyway.

Lyra was never given the boot. I'm of the impression he'd finished a project here and had no reason to hang around.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 12:42 PM
-->
I hate it when people drink on a school night.

I wasn't drinking.... *stabs Mummy for assuming I was*

Wait, yes I was. *stabs Mummy again*

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 5:42 PM
-->
Calm down everyone! Calm down! It's okay, I'm back now.

And don't say "Who is this guy" because you all know who I am, don't pretend.

:king-twitter:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Calm down everyone! Calm down! It's okay, I'm back now.

And don't say "Who is this guy" because you all know who I am, don't pretend.

:king-twitter:

...aw, Carrot Top, you're always too fast for us.

@Puffy: nooOoOoO... now lookit whut you dun!

Et tu, TSR? :eek:
*bleeds out and dies*

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
A question could be asked, if we wonder where has everybody gone, how could we keep them if we wanted to?

When I encountered a certain INFJ (unnamed?), I thought he was a valuable forum member not to be removed (and far from alone in thinking that), though controversial. But being an INFJ and myself a too analytical INTP (assumed), I missed the boat. Looking back this guy put out so much stuff I personally got overwhelmed and so processed my comments too selectively. I could say a lot more but you probably won't want to hear it.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Looking back this guy put out so much stuff I personally got overwhelmed and so processed my comments too selectively. I could say a lot more but you probably won't want to hear it.

Either that was a joke or you are still doing it.

TheScornedReflex

Local time
-->
Et tu, TSR? :eek:
*bleeds out and dies*

:storks: Quid feci?

*stabs himself*

I want Melkor to come back. I never talked to him but he seems very interesting.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 10:42 AM
-->
Melkor doesn't talk to humans though. Once he realised some of us actually have real lives and we didn't constantly have beetle battles or attempt intelligence in chats he said peace and was out. Pity not only was he a good combatant/monopoly partner he looked freaking adorable. Pictures on my old hard drive though and I wouldn't share anyway. :D

Deleted member 1424

Melkor doesn't talk to humans though. Once he realised some of us actually have real lives and we didn't constantly have beetle battles or attempt intelligence in chats he said peace and was out. Pity not only was he a good combatant/monopoly partner he looked freaking adorable. Pictures on my old hard drive though and I wouldn't share anyway. :D

Wow....

I'm kind of jealous.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:42 PM
-->
Melkor, NoID10ts, Loveofreason, I miss the old crew.
There's a few others I can't remember by name.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Melkor, NoID10ts, Loveofreason, I miss the old crew.
There's a few others I can't remember by name.
Think of the INTPf as a state territory. You live there and people move to other states. You miss them. Now stop. YOU decide to move to a new state. You have to make new friends. What's the diff? If you can make new friends or acquaintances over there, why not here?

I was ten years posting on RagingBull. Then new owners took over and messed everything up. I miss the old guys. When I return, nobody is there. Tough. One must move on or else ... fight.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 2:42 AM
-->
I was ten years posting on RagingBull. Then new owners took over and messed everything up. I miss the old guys. When I return, nobody is there. Tough. One must move on or else ... fight.
Combat. Fight for what you believe in.

I still have fond memories of my time at the Central, wow, what I learned. And my exit was in public mortal combat with Haight 'himself'. Dear Haight, I wonder how he is doing.

Those are like moments in time, where one realize things. Do you regret not fighting for those you loved at Raging Bull?

not

Local time
-->
I like to log in just to read: Thank you for logging in, not.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Combat. Fight for what you believe in.

I still have fond memories of my time at the Central, wow, what I learned. And my exit was in public mortal combat with Haight 'himself'. Dear Haight, I wonder how he is doing.

He's pretty much all but gone now. He made a recent appearance for fund-raising activities, but otherwise isn't really on-site.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
I like to log in just to read: Thank you for logging in, not.

Yah politeness is so rare now a days. It is sad when you have to log into an INTP website just to get a little politeness action going on....not.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
He's pretty much all but gone now. He made a recent appearance for fund-raising activities, but otherwise isn't really on-site.
I prefer him on site, so you know where you have him.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Those are like moments in time, where one realize things. Do you regret not fighting for those you loved at Raging Bull?
Umm. This is a complex story. I still have friends with whom I'm in email contact today ... both female oddly enough. They left RagingBull also. I do regret not doing better with a male friend, but he behaved the same as me ... not doing better with me. He definitely was anything but an INTP. We had some fights in the beginning and became friends later. I made a big enemy with someone who hated RagingBull management and wanted to destroy it but ultimately failed and had to give up. I learned a lot from that. Since it was an experience it is not something I can relay here in a few words, but you can ask questions if you are curious. There is and was nothing like RagingBull. Unlike here it's dominated by "FJ's."

Spirit

ISTP Preference
Local time
Yesterday 6:42 PM
-->
One should think about that whenever a new poster comes in and makes a post. If they do not think they are part of the group, they will leave.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
One should think about that whenever a new poster comes in and makes a post. If they do not think they are part of the group, they will leave.

I never thought I was part of the group and I'm still here. I never cared for such things, maybe because I am 90% introverted. :)

kvothe27

Local time
-->
Isn't not being part of the group part of being part of the group here? The other part, of course, is being part of the group or being fans of elephant emoticons.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Isn't not being part of the group part of being part of the group here? The other part, of course, is being part of the group or being fans of elephant emoticons.

:storks:

One could stratify according to use of emoticons; bats, bird, elephant, clickydude, phear, grin, etc.

Vote for the emoticon and we'll categorise you accordingly. Then proceed to psycho-analyse according to Freudian interpretation of each emoticon.

I have a preference for this guy--------> :phear:

What does it mean??????

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 10:12 AM
-->

I have not a clue what you speak of.

kvothe27

Local time
-->
And so it begins . . . :evil:

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

If the double negative was intentional I would agree.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:42 AM
-->

I don't know about this. I never felt part of a group, I just liked the discussions. I think if people like the discussion on the forum they'll stay. Unless when you say group you're referring to a more comprehensive and engaging meaning of what it is to be in a, 'group'...which I suspect is the case and I can agree with it in that sense, I just wouldn't consider it a, 'group' per se.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
I was off pursuing my dream of becoming one of Motoko Kusanagi's stay at home wives whom she almost completely ignores. ;-;

Very topical given your avatar Coggy, and my utter failure to succeed.

:<

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
She's a lesbian, Adaire's game, not ours.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Nooooo.
She's still interested in men as playthings. :'(

(Actually the manga suggests she's primarily into relationships with men but likes fooling with laydees, while the anime suggests she hates everything.)

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Yeah, Adaire and me is a thing now.

Go away

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Hey Cog?
Is it just me or is Minnie suffering from a Jelly-copter? :o

Girls are weird.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah, Adaire and me is a thing now.

Go away
She hasn't given you the whole polygamy chat yet has she?

Deleted member 1424

It's not 'polygamy' cog, you uncultured fuck.
Plus minuend is totally into that. :rolleyes:

Oh minuend, my beloved. Marry me. Your sexy Norwegian citizenship is all I can think about these days.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
It's not 'polygamy' cog, you uncultured fuck.
Plus minuend is totally into that. :rolleyes:

Oh minuend, my beloved. Marry me. Your sexy Norwegian citizenship is all I can think about these days.

My vagina is all over that

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Norway, it's cold there, will Hobette be alright?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
...I've got nothing.

Introducing MELKOR! *cheers & applause*
(Tag you're it)

Deleted member 1424

Your banter has become weak.
This is why the arena died. :rip:

Though it is time for me to go.
Adieu.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Addy<3

Uh...

Where was I?
*Blinks into spotlight and sheepishly edges away*

I guess I'll go Arena things...

TheScornedReflex

Local time
-->
Please do. We need a good rumble in the Arena.

Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Actually, yes. I'd like to see Melkor and TSR duel to the death.

TSR has challenged Melkor's throne in his absence, and since the king has returned...

Top Bottom