• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Favorite TV Show(s)?

ChaosTheory

Local time
Today 8:35 AM
-->
What are your favorite show or shows on TV?

Mine are:

Heroes- I love the characters, how they deal with having powers and the storylines that they find themselves in. The premise of the show excites me a lot.

House- Hugh Laurie is awesome. House is rude, hilarious, smart. I love the medical cases and the stuff he and his team go through.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 3:35 AM
-->
I don't watch tv all that much but I do rent tv seasons on dvd for the family to watch together.

Lost - We are like crack addicts when it comes to this show
Heroes - Very cool!
Big Bang Theory - Finally, a sitcom for those of us who can not relate to the "in crowd"
edit:
Could Sheldon be INTP? Try downloading some clips from youtube if you haven't seen the show.

I was always a big fan of the X-Files and Firefly as well.

Aurora

Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->
I watch way too much TV.

The Office - Who doesn't love The Office? It's ridiculously hilarious.
Lost - This show is so crazy. What I love the most is how elaborate and detailed the fan theories are.
Heroes - Really exciting. Hiro is my favorite character. :-)
Ugly Betty - It's fun/funny/entertaining.
Grey's Anatomy - So much drama!
Survivor - I like watching the physical challenges.
Scrubs - More lighthearted medical series.

Shows that aren't on anymore: Gilmore Girls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Veronica Mars, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Arrested Development

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 2:35 AM
-->
oh come on! You guys need to get into Arrested Development. There are only 3 seasons, and it's funny as hell (and smart). You have to understand all the quirks of the characters before jokes become funny, but as soon as you get it... Oh and then the obvious choices:
Seinfeld
Daily Show, Colbert Report
Weeds (regardless of if you smoke or not, great show and soundtrack)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Southpark

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
oh come on! You guys need to get into Arrested Development. There are only 3 seasons, and it's funny as hell (and smart). You have to understand all the quirks of the characters before jokes become funny, but as soon as you get it... Oh and then the obvious choices:
Seinfeld
Daily Show, Colbert Report
Weeds (regardless of if you smoke or not, great show and soundtrack)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Southpark

Your right. Arrested Development is great. It just never seemed to get a foothold. I guess too many people just didn't get it. And how could I forget Seinfeld? I own every season on DVD. Best sitcom ever!

IntenseBurger

Local time
-->
Futurama!
It's the only show I watch(not a big TV guy)

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Arrested Development and Rome.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
House - love watching him be an asshole to people. reminds me of myself a lot. that and the medical jargon is interesting to me, which i've learned quite a bit of by hearing it on the show and then looking it up online.

Heros - addictive as hell. good storytelling.

Family Guy - it's kind of fallen off, but the earlier seasons (1-4ish) are classic

Daily Show/Colbert Report - one of my main sources of news! funny and points out a lot of hypocracy in politics and media

The Universe - incredibly interesting, well put together so that even an idiot can understand it

Modern Marvels - very interesting. surprising amount of applications for things that seem so simple

The X-Files - i know its not on anymore, but that show was fucking awesome before Mulder left. i have all 9 seasons saved on my computer. too bad the new movie sucked

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
Obviously I need to rent the Heroes dvd since so many here like it.

My favs include history, science (especially space) and nature documentaries. That means both history channels, Discover and National Geographic channels.

TDS and Colbert are musts.

Got into Lost on dvd and am seriously jonesing for season 4 to be released.

I really loved the first 2 seasons of BSG but now don't know if I care or not how it will end.

Deadwood cracks me up. Loved Rome.

I guess that's it.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I think you forgot to mention Firefly

<Decaf gets a disturbingly manic look on his face while he waits for a response>

;):p

whats Firefly?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 9:35 AM
-->
Firefly's great. ;)
It's a Science Fiction show with sadly only 14 episodes. It has an interesting mix of scifi and western. It's just a cool show.

Ah well, my fav tv shows? There are so many. Startrek (most of them), Veronica Mars, Grey's Anatomy, Stargate, Heroes (although normally i am not so into comic*), a lot of older 'crime fighting shows' (Magnum, Remington Steele and such)... I don't know, i probably missed many, i just like good shows. But actually in the moment i don't look tv much. Last summer i had the opportunity to download really vast amounts of tv shows and films (from other fellow students. Like the 10 seasons of Stargate in just an hour...And i had more than a monh of free time... You can imagine that i watched many, many hours :D

Ogion

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
I think you forgot to mention Firefly

<Decaf gets a disturbingly manic look on his face while he waits for a response>

;):p

Don't you give me that look!!

I did like Firefly. I wish it lasted more than one measly season or else I could make a better judgement on it. It did have everything a good show needed. Writing, acting, ideas.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
-->
I can't believe Dexter hasn't been brought up here. :confused:

I love Firefly.

rocky00753

Redshirt
Local time
-->
OKAY I will bring it up!

DEXTER Rocks!!!! One of the best shows out!!!
House
Outrageous Fortune (Kiwi Comedy/Drama friken great!!!!)
Sons of Anachary (though I have only seen the first few)
Family Guy, Futurma and Simpsons
Stargate Atlantis

or Importantly (almost) I can't stand!

The Office
Greys Anatomy
Ugly Betty
LOST (a polar bear in the Jungle!!!! I mean Come On!!! It lost me there....)

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
Dexter is awesome! He is my kind of serial killer!

None of that Buffalo Bill "It takes the lotion and puts it in the basket" shit for him! :phear:

And come on, LOST rocks! It's stuff like the polar bears that makes it so intriguing (and they actually have a totally plausible reason behind them). :D

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
-->
Oh, I forgot Flight of the Conchords and The Chappelle Show

I definitely sympathize about disliking the Office. Most of my friends love it, but it makes me uncomfortable. They have so many of those moments that make me chameleon the character and end up feeling awful.

Gorgrim

Local time
-->
Scrubs,
House,
The Office( maybe its because I havnt worked in any office jobs yet myself ) but I think its hilarious
Simpsons,
N3mbers ( anybody saw this ? )
Reno 911 ( can be abit funny tbh )

The daily show,
David letterman -
Gilmore girls :O
Veronica Mars ( saw it abit )
Good old x-files is also great.

There are also danish shows - but What's the point mentioning those. Our TVS are filled with american shows though...=) so no problem relating to you guys

FusionKnight

It's not my fault!
Local time
-->
All-time favorites:
Doctor Who
Firefly
Deep Space Nine
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (new version)
Sealab 2021

Current favorites:
Eureka
Fringe
Burn Notice
Mentalist

Raku

Local time
-->
House
Heroes
Dexter
Futurama
Friends
Star Trek: Voyager

Thats about it i suppose. I don't really enjoy Dexter anymore tho. I've read one of the original books and havent cared too much for the show after that.

nihilen.

Local time
Today 10:35 AM
-->
The big 3 animation series

South park xD
Family guy
Simpsons

Seinfeld -> Classic.
Late night with Conan O'Brien -> Fuckin classic xD

I currently enjoy

The Colbert report
Jon Stewart
The office
Dr House.

Practically all are comedy ..

Fordy

Local time
-->
Lost - We are like crack addicts when it comes to this show
Heroes - Very cool!
Big Bang Theory - Finally, a sitcom for those of us who can not relate to the "in crowd"
edit: Could Sheldon be INTP? Try downloading some clips from youtube if you haven't seen the show.
I'm pretty much the same.

Lost is my favourite, then Heroes.
Not so much Big Bang Theory, but I like your theory on Sheldon being one of us. Personally I think he's more ISTP, but he's a great character all the same.

Other shows of note are Family Guy, Futurama and Scrubs.

Dagny

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Ones I love enough to have on DVD so that I can watch them constantly:

M*A*S*H
Doctor Who
AbFab
Fawlty Towers
Scrubs
Star Trek: The Next Generation

Ones I watch if I see they are on but am too lazy to grab on DVD:

CSI
Mythbusters
Modern Marvels
Eureka
Man vs. Wild

I very rarely watch television, so I am not good at picking up on new shows. I know I probably miss out on very good shows, but I know I’d miss out on some very good books if I spent more time watching television. Opportunity cost and so on.

Oh, but I have been taking time to tune in for the Saturday Night Live skits that have to do with the past election. Very entertaining.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
i don't care much for Fringe. i tried watching it a few times, was intrigued for maybe the first 15 minutes every time but ended up completely losing interest. i just can't really get into the characters for some reason.

Ancalion

Local time
-->
X-Files, House, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the new one), Terminator, Primeval, Supernatural, Invasion, Two and a Half Men, Californication, Andromeda Ascendant, Enterprise, Family Guy, American Dad, Dexter, Scrubs, Band of Brothers, Heroes, Life, Rescue Me, Seinfeld, Garry Unmarried, Fringe, The Big Bang Theory (most awesome theorettical physicists), Chuck and some others i can't remember.

And yes, i have waaay too much time on my hands. And yes, i saw all seasons of them all.

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
Lost is the greatest TV series ever. The Season 5 première will be one of the highlights of 2009, I am certain.

I also like Futurama, My Name Is Earl and Breaking Bad.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
There are many Tv series i really like. Don't have the patience to list them all now.
Two i'd like to mention though, since i have seen them just recently.
One is Eureka.
The other is Third Watch, which i am still watching (online) and which already ranks among my most favourite shows ever. I just love the show, the characters, the plots...

Ogion

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Hmmm I don't watch much TV, perhaps some of the BBC shows on occasion.
However, I'm pretty much addicted to Sponge Bob Square Pants

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
finally got around to downloading that show Firefly. that was a good recommendation. there needs to be more shows like that.

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
Red Dwarf, Stargate Atlantis, Dragon Ball Z, Terminator: SCC, Prisonbreak, Heroes, House, Smallville, Supernatural, M.A.S.H., X-Files, Legend of the Seeker, Star Trek.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Heroes =)
I don't really watch much TV anymore, but the fourth series is apparently starting on february 2nd.

If you haven't seen them, rent season one, two and three. It's too hard to try and summarise what happens.

CorvusCorruptus

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:35 AM
-->
Firefly, Buffy, Angel (Joss Whedon stuff generally), Veronica Mars, X-files, The Office, Arrested Development, The Mentalist, Fringe (Walter the crazy scientist makes the show worthwhile). I liked Heroes, but the characters' superpowers seem to come and go at the convenience of the storyline which pisses me off to no end. Watching it turns into an hour of me yelling "You morons!" and "That doesn't make any f-ing sense!"

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
It's only three quarters of an hour long?

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
I liked Heroes, but the characters' superpowers seem to come and go at the convenience of the storyline which pisses me off to no end. Watching it turns into an hour of me yelling "You morons!" and "That doesn't make any f-ing sense!"

Yes, I have this issue too. I still keep up with the show though.

It is soon time for the Season 5 premiere of Lost! My anticipation knows no limits!

wildeaxi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Babylon 5, IMHO, was an excellent show. I enjoyed it much more than the Star Treks, tho I will always have a place in my heart for The Original Series and Picard. I am also watching Big Bang Theory and enjoying that.

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
-->
Babylon 5 is one of my all time favorites. The kids like any of those so called "educational" shows where they blow things up.

Carinthian

Local time
-->
Red dwarf, black black adder, only fools and horses, seriously british humour > american humour.

Carinthian

Local time
-->
I bet they could fit the whole story of lost in one single episode if they wouldnt stretch it so bloody much -_-

Vegard Pompey

Local time
-->
You have got to be kidding me. It is more eventful than any other show I have ever seen.

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
-->
Top Bottom