• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Watches

Watches

• Total voters

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->
I mean those wristbands you wear that tell you the time.

I like digital watches but I don't like rubber straps. So I have a metal digital watch.

I don't like analog watches. Somehow they just feel backward.

I would much prefer a digital watch that has a classy design like analog watches do but has a proper colour AMOLED screen.

End mundane daily life topic.

Seed-Wad

Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
What I thought of when I read AMOLED screen (not sure if it actually has AMOLED though) http://getpebble.com/

Seed-Wad

Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
Yeah a bit too expensive. Though, chique analog watches are quite pricey as well.

I voted analog, metal, because even though I hate telling time in analog, it is just that more classy. Also, I don't really wear a watch anymore, so ever wearing one would be primarily for the class-shizzle. (Taking out your phone is not that big a deal for me).

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->
Pebble sucks, I wouldn't bother with them. I got burned when I bought into the first one.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
I used to wear watches when I was younger. Usually what ever my grandma bought me. So I wasn't too picky. Now I have no need for a watch, because my cell phone gives me the time. I think many people in my generation share a common sentiment.

GodOfOrder

Local time
Today 4:59 AM
-->
I do have a love for old watches. Normally I wear an analog wrist watch that I got for christmas one year, but on rare occasions I break out my Model 1888 Waltham pocket watch. It is one of my prized possessions. It has its original dial and face, as well as a Silverode case (a common corrosion resistant nickel alloy made at the time). The movement is solid and accurate. It amazes me that after all these years it still ticks the way it does. Its guts are a work of art, if anything. There is just something magical about the precision and complexity with which these old watches were constructed.

IMG_0162.jpg

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
I'd like to get one of these sometime soon:

10.png

However I have rather thin wrists and large hands, and I feel as though a watch would only bring more attention to this :phear:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:59 PM
-->
I used to have this watch:

YLS168GC_sa000_nvs.jpg
I stopped wearing it though, I find watches to be irritating/cumbersome.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

starlight

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
I mostly just use my cell phone to know the time. I have an analogue watch I got as a gift years ago that I'd wear whenever I feel like it. I don't really care much for wearing watches. :)

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
What, no leather?

Anyway, I prefer to keep track of time by wearing my smartphone on a spandex forearm sports sleeve. It also makes pew-pew sounds if I raise my arm to point it at people. I also carry a slide-rule in my breast pocket in case I need any quick calculations, 'cause you never know...

Local time
-->
I got one on my 11th birthday, put it on, and didn't take it off until it fell apart when I was 16. Waterproof and the whole shebang. Then I got a cell phone and never wore another...
:o

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I have always had a fascination with timepieces. I love the steady sound, the appearance (and how it's changed over the decades/centuries), and the practicality. I wear a rubber sports-type digital watch. It's comfortable, convenient, and doesn't get in the way. I also have a collection of watches that I rarely use. I have what I think is a WWII RAF watch. Olive green band, and small, glare-resistant face. I have a leather-band iron faced (obviously not the display) that is a very early digital watch. It is not battery-powered (it's wind-up) but its display is more like that of a modern digital watch, with numbers that move, as opposed to hands. Very interesting. I also have clocks, but I won't go into that now.

I've also got some interesting analogue watches, like a wind-up stainless steel glow-in-the-dark one that I found in a cellar. It worked for a while, but not anymore.

SW

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:59 PM
-->
I got a kinetic perpetual Seiko watch. It was a gift from a girlfriend. I think it was kinda expensive.

But I like the watch because it keeps track of leap year, the date of the month, adjusting for each month, including February, and has military time, as well as analog. It also has the month too, if you forget lol.

I like having a reliable tool that remembers all that shit for me.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I've never been a fan of metal strapped watches; I have hairy arms.

I used to wear basic leather strapped watches when I was younger, but I have no need for watches anymore. I have somehow developed a fairly accurate internal clock and can estimate the time to the nearest 5-10 mins. I need an alarm clock though!

Analogue watches are better than digital ones. I think they look better and I like the ticking noise they make.

Top Bottom