• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are you currently playing?

Cyon

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:11 AM
-->
Playing Gunz 1 (private server) and planning to play ragnarok 1, but still searching for a good balanced private server. Anyone?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 6:11 PM
-->
In anticipation of Dark Souls 2 I'm now playing Dark Souls again. Game just never gets old.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 8:11 AM
-->
Portal. Because I finally got Portal 2, but forgot most things from the original

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
-->
I'm playing age of empires 2 multiplayer games, but I'm starting to feel lonely ;_;;;;;

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 4:41 PM
-->
T-T

I will be plays soon Latte! <3<3<3

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 12:11 AM
-->
Aside from not being a good pilot and dying in most encounters, Planetside 2 is amazing.

kvothe27

Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
Dark Souls 2

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Team Fortress 2

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Just finished Tomb Raider (2013). It's like Uncharted 3 but longer and probably a little more repetitive(the side-objectives).

As an action platformer I found that the combat mechanics don't hinder the gameplay, they're fluid and varied enough that it doesn't feel like a chore to get through each wave of enemies. The scenic views throughout the game were cool but something felt missing, same for the the story and characters; everything felt forced. I guess the best thing about the game that tied it all together was the environment and how the story interacts with it.

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
I'm back to Persona 4 for the time being. The pacing in the game can be annoying at times, and the dungeons are repetitive, but apart from that, I like being in Inaba quite a bit. I'm hoping something more tangible is released about Persona 5 at E3, but I'm kind of thinking that won't be the case.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 9:11 AM
-->
Minecraft minecraft minecraft minecraft.
When will this madness end?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
[bIMGx=500]https://i.imgur.com/F5W18yC.jpg[/bIMGx]

deadpixel

Local time
-->
Mostly play FPS games like counter-strike and black ops, last game I played was Mortal Kombat 9 for PC, which is SUPER BADASS by the way. The last time I played mortal kombat was on super nintendo and this new mortal kombat 9 is like heaven, it has all of the old characters plus some new ones and even the old levels with a pretty fun story mode.

Im currently downloading wolfenstien new world order, watch dogs, and super streetfighter 4.

Games ive played recently but didnt like.
-Men of war assault squad 2.
-GTA 5, fun at first but got boring rather quickly.
-Sleeping dogs, fun at first but got boring rather quickly.
-Battlefield 4 (maps are too big and the game just doesnt feel good for me)

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
I'll get Watchdogs eventually, but right now I'm holding off until I know if Murdered: Soul Suspect is halfway decent, or if it's a bust. Watch Dogs looks like a better game in most regards, but I'm more in the mood to crawl through some dark, supernatural Salem underbelly right now, as long as the story and atmosphere hold up.

deadpixel

Local time
-->
I'll get Watchdogs eventually, but right now I'm holding off until I know if Murdered: Soul Suspect is halfway decent, or if it's a bust. Watch Dogs looks like a better game in most regards, but I'm more in the mood to crawl through some dark, supernatural Salem underbelly right now, as long as the story and atmosphere hold up.

Kris, I just finished downloading watch dogs, been playing it for about 2 hours now. I like the concept of being a hacker in a large world map aka chicago. But, all in all its just like another grand theft auto 5 or sleeping dogs, really fun at first but I see it getting boring really fast for me. Actually it already has gotten boring.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
The missions and side missions of Watch_Dogs have a repetitive nature. The whole presentation of the game('tech wars') was novel and interesting enough for me to enjoy completing it though.

About Sleeping Dogs, there was a demo they released that made me want to play more of it, like 10 minutes of the full game in I thought it sucked.

deadpixel

Local time
-->
The missions and side missions of Watch_Dogs have a repetitive nature. The whole presentation of the game('tech wars') was novel and interesting enough for me to enjoy completing it though.

About Sleeping Dogs, there was a demo they released that made me want to play more of it, like 10 minutes of the full game in I thought it sucked.

Ditto, once you've played one of those types of games, its like they are all the same. Im glad I "try them out" before I decide to make a purchase.

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
Oh, that's unfortunate to hear. I had already heard the game was not going to live up to its potential, but I still expected something a little more compelling. I'll likely still play it eventually, but perhaps I'll wait for a price drop. I feel like I just got burned a little on Transistor, and don't feel like over-paying for games back to back.

deadpixel

Local time
-->
Oh, that's unfortunate to hear. I had already heard the game was not going to live up to its potential, but I still expected something a little more compelling. I'll likely still play it eventually, but perhaps I'll wait for a price drop. I feel like I just got burned a little on Transistor, and don't feel like over-paying for games back to back.

I only pay for a game if I thought single player was interesting enough that I want to try the multiplayer out, which is MAYBE like 2 games a year in all actual reality. So really I only end up buying maybe 2 out of every 12 games that I try.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:11 AM
-->
I did something crazy-nostalgic last night and downloaded Wizardry 1-3 to run in DOSBOX. That and Zork and Ultima were the first games I ever played on the computer -- although I was running it off floppies originally.

I had forgotten how annoying that game was, especially in character generation and leveling (too much randomness). It's addicting but annoying. And of course I had forgotten all the spell names and had to find an online site with all the docs. And there's no automapping. And you have to go back up to regain spells. And sometimes you just get crapped on.

Then again, I found a customized hex editor someone wrote for the game, so I can tweak any real bad breaks I might get.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
-->
^ Along those lines, I recently built a snes emulation box and have been replaying a bunch of old RPGs from my childhood -- Breath of Fire 2, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, etc.

Also played through Transistor, which I recommend, although it is a bit short. You may want to wait for a sale if $20 for ~4 hours of entertainment isn't a great value proposition to you. But the game itself is absolutely beautiful.

Jaffa

Local time
-->
I spent the last 2 weeks playing Transport Tycoon.

Not as challenging now as when I was 9 years old.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Far Cry 4.

pros:
awesome graphically detailed environments
hunting/stealth mechanics
entertaining characters
captivating sub-story (Shangri-La)
Other unique gameplay elements(e.g. riding elephants)

cons:
typical Ubisoft "open world" chores
infrequent appearance of characters/story development
most of the actual play time is spent traveling

After playing Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4, I have to say Ubisoft has a knack for producing convincing mind trips and mystical experiences. And also environmental immersion.

Direwolf

Local time
Today 6:11 PM
-->
Far cry 4, dragonage inquisition and borderland presequel

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Mainly multiplayer Killzone: Shadowfall on the PS4, wrestling in vain with the gamepad.

I've lost count of how many times I've frustratingly exclaimed "JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING MOUSE AND KEYBOARD!" :ahh:

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
Largely finished a play through of Dragon Age Inquisition.

Probably going to pick up Destiny again tonight. Despite the game's numerous faults and the fact that Bungie will spend time changing game dynamics in a way that pisses a lot of people off rather than fixing persistent bugs, it'll still be fun to jump into the new 'raid'.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I want to do Inquisition, I was hoping to get Deluxe on sale but unfortunately I've only ever seen the base game on sale at Amazon for a day. :(

------

I finally finished up Walking Dead Season Two (I didn't notice the last part come in a few months ago and forgot about it). Not as good as the first season, although the final episode of Season 1 is just way too hard to top. There was at least a question of moral complexity at the end, and multiple outcomes... although I'm not sure how they reconcile it all for Season 3.

It's interesting in the sense I find myself mirroring the experience of the main character Clementine... or wondering at least if she is experiencing the same thing -- namely, that caring about these other characters hurts too much, and with the moral ambiguity and inability to trust others (because some of the characters you trust end up not being trustworthy and/or die), I find myself pulling back / becoming numb to the plights of others in the game. It takes an active choice to want to risk enough to engage... which is interesting to me.

kris

thbbft
Local time
-->
You can invest a lot of time into Inquisition, but if you're not a compulsive completionist, it'll probably take far less time to run through the game. It lacks a real climax, and gameplay can get a bit flat, but it's still a pretty decent game. The true end game is trying to figure out people who, three titles in, are still upset and confused that homosexual romances exist in the game. There is even a transgender npc (who cannot be sexed up).

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:11 PM
-->
Wolfenstein: New World Order

Got it for $20 on steam and played through it on a guard shift I had to do. Was surprisingly good. You get to see a world where the Nazis won the war and go after one of their military geniuses that won the war for them. Though I suppose the game was more of a movie than a game, but I like an interesting story.

No More Room In Hell

I play this one sometimes. Team based objectives with zombie survival horror, so I enjoy it.

Cæilon

Searching for Ràilona
Local time
-->
I was playing a Japanese Fender Strat, but I soon discovered I was not a fan of their shape. I found the volume knob to be in the way of my hand.

Now, I'm playing an Ibanez JS2400 and it's awesome! It has a really nice action and a couple of extra frets on top of what I'm used to.

I39j7oJl.jpg

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
Oh yeah, I'm a badass.

ABdrew

Local time
-->
One piece Red warrior! o yeah i'm a pirate!

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Deadcore which seems so far very nicely done. With how things look, feel and music.

And starcraft II. Snakelady campaign ]:

MentalBrain

Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
I'm on like my third play through of Psychonauts.

KISS
Local time
-->
Just finished all stories of This war of mine. Highly reommend this game.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
The Talos Principle. It's interesting, I'm curious how they will tie it together in the end.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.
Oh yeah, I'm a badass.
Great game ;).
I only managed to "finish" FOTM, but I liked the overall idea.
It's the games like harvest moon that will become popular in the future where technology allows for life sim and action all at once in an mmo.

Recently finished Transistor, an awesome storytelling game. I'd like to play more games like this one, creative gameplay and rich stories to tell.

Currently looking into playing ibb & obb in co-op.

In the meantime X3: Albion Prelude, an all time 4x favourite and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance Forever the best rts so far.

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
Currently playing Mortal Kombat 2011. I guess I'm looking forward to Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight, but I don't own a current-gen console, nor will I have time to play them for months.

rainman312

rice-eater extraordinaire
Local time
-->
Replaying a few Game Boy RPGs such as Mother 3, FF I & II, etc. Final Fantasy II was the first RPG I ever played, so it holds a special place in my (cold and emotionless) heart. :cthulhu:

kvothe27

Local time
-->
Mirror's Edge and BF4

I've gotten pretty good at flying scout helicopters, if I do say so myself.

rainman312

rice-eater extraordinaire
Local time
-->
Mirror's Edge and BF4

I've gotten pretty good at flying scout helicopters, if I do say so myself.

I never played BF4. Was it any major improvement over BF3?

kvothe27

Local time
-->
I never played BF4. Was it any major improvement over BF3?

No. When it comes to overall execution, it's really easy to say BF3 is the better game. Even though most of BF4's bugs have been fixed, it still doesn't come close to BF3 in execution. BF3 nailed the overall feel.

I like the vehicles a bit better in BF4, but that mostly has to do the map Golmud Railway. That map is great for helicopters.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:11 PM
-->
The Talos Principle. It's interesting, I'm curious how they will tie it together in the end.

Wow, got it on steam for $20 and it's very interesting so far.

It's almost like Portal, but with a lot more philosophical intrigue and less complex puzzle-solving. I like it. ^_^

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I've finished it now. There were some things I liked about it, and some I did not. For me it was worth playing. I wont say too much in fear of spoiling.

And now I've started playing Of Orcs and Men which I like the atmosphere, characters and story of so far. I think it will be an interesting play.

Though, I can't help but wondering... where is the booty???

512510770b.jpg

ab0e135633.jpg

dare_mo

Nobody Knows
Local time
-->
Pillars of Eternity, Cities: Skylines, Heroes of the Storm, sometimes some Diablo 3.

Top Bottom